Edit History

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

Music: Last Light - Baldur's Gate 3

East Farlsmark

image.jpeg.d8b4f28e4c23ffd9d64f675b3c5efa34.jpeg OldOwlWell.webp.64ad78837c5e37a3d58283bf0660046c.webp

The Camp

Velgrynd

image.jpeg.e657e7a6fb2d0300830cf7bd5b39b96c.jpeg

Finn

Halfling_color0.webp.21777278ef898980d6f68661e5165a1b.webp

Rachel

image.jpeg.c53aa407aad9e8cf6599e098f158de94.jpeg

Syric

image.jpeg.b5f953dbc4be1eff4050d16493b03631.jpeg

Rachel smirked as Lilith introduced herself. "Whatever you say, 'Red'," the bard replied teasingly. Making her way over to the elf, she gestured for them to sit together while she absentmindedly struck a few mellow chords on her lute. "How goes things in the wide world, friend? I imagine you must have been as busy as me, if not more!"

Syric shook Nhezi's hand firmly. While he was clearly an older gentleman, there was a strange haleness to his person, as if he was, for lack of a better term, well-preserved. "That so?" he responded, taking in Nhezi's explanation. His aging eyes watched her carefully, as if he could see into her very soul. "Well, Obad-hai's no god that I've ever heard of, and I know nearly every pantheon of the world! But ye seem a kind soul, as does yer god. And that's what really matters, eh? Ye must truly be foreign folk, then, if Obad-hai has the power to empower clerics. Come, tell me of your homeland."

Velgrynd and Finn listened intently as Noran laid out his cards on the table, both of them also partaking in the stew. When Noran referred to Velgrynd as a dragon-slayer, a thin smile crossed her elegant face. "The bards exaggerate, if you refer to the slaying of the villain Mendax. I was merely a companion to the true heroes of that saga. It was an honor to fight alongside them in overthrowing the tyrant."

"Velgrynd, please, you're too humble," the halfling quipped.

An eyebrow was raised at Noran's allusion to their party's purpose. "I see," she quietly remarked. "Yours is a noble cause. Were my party and I not already occupied throwing down a greater evil, we may have done more. Though my heart yearns to do battle with these devil-worshippers, foes gather across the Dead Strait that would turn the plight of Amostiv into but a minor footnote in the history of our days. There I am needed, and with haste. You have my sincerest apologies. Perhaps my other companions may be of more assistance to you?"

Mechanics & OOC

Roles for the Journey

• Guide: Cyrus
  • Scout: Lilith & Noran
  • Hunter: Nhezi
  • Look-out: Daryl (?)

Party Conditions: Hopeful Hearts and Clear Purpose

Roll20 Map

OOC: At this point, Noran is fairly confident he can get help from some of these adventurers in his endeavors. However, winning even half a day of Velgrynd's time would almost certainly grant an audience with Duchess Djurgurn, without getting stuck in the bureaucracy of advisors and councilors. A hero of her renown would also add much more weight to their words, depending on how the party planned to win her over to Duchess Wolfine's side.

But, given the urgency of the task she speaks of, it will be hard to persuade her. Noran, or anyone, can attempt a DC 25 Diplomacy check to convince her to help them for a time.

To Do: Roleplay at will!

@JCBarnes @paladinred @HydroGuy @Sylas @Xhosant

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

East Farlsmark

image.jpeg.d8b4f28e4c23ffd9d64f675b3c5efa34.jpeg OldOwlWell.webp.64ad78837c5e37a3d58283bf0660046c.webp

The Camp

Velgrynd

Finn

Rachel

Syric

Rachel smirked as Lilith introduced herself. "Whatever you say, 'Red'," the bard replied teasingly. Making her way over to the elf, she gestured for them to sit together while she absentmindedly struck a few mellow chords on her lute. "How goes things in the wide world, friend? I imagine you must have been as busy as me, if not more!"

Syric shook Nhezi's hand firmly. While he was clearly an older gentleman, there was a strange haleness to his person, as if he was, for lack of a better term, well-preserved. "That so?" he responded, taking in Nhezi's explanation. His aging eyes watched her carefully, as if he could see into her very soul. "Well, Obad-hai's no god that I've ever heard of, and I know nearly every pantheon of the worlds! But ye seem a kind soul, as does yer god. And that's what really matters, eh? Ye must truly be foreign folk, then, if Obad-hai has the power to empower clerics. Come, tell me of your homeland."

Velgrynd and Finn listened intently as Noran laid out his cards on the table, both of them also partaking in the stew. When Noran referred to Velgrynd as a dragon-slayer, a thin smile crossed her elegant face. "The bards exaggerate, if you refer to the slaying of the villain Mendax. I was merely a companion to the true heroes of that saga. It was an honor to fight alongside them in overthrowing the tyrant."

An eyebrow was raised at Noran's allusion to their party's purpose. "I see," she quietly remarked. "Yours is a noble cause. Were my party and I not already occupied throwing down a greater evil, we may have done more. Though my heart yearns to do battle with these devil-worshippers, foes gather across the Dead Strait that would turn the plight of Amostiv into but a minor footnote in the history of our days. There I am needed, and with haste. You have my sincerest apologies. Perhaps my other companions may be of more assistance to you?"

Mechanics & OOC

Roles for the Journey

Roll20 Map

OOC: At this point, Noran is fairly confident he can get help from some of these adventurers in his endeavors. However, winning even half a day of Velgrynd's time would almost certainly grant an audience with Duchess Djurgurn, without getting stuck in the bureaucracy of advisors and councilors. A hero of her renown would also add much more weight to their words, depending on how the party planned to win her over to Duchess Wolfine's side.

But, given the urgency of the task she speaks of, it will be hard to persuade her. Noran, or anyone, can attempt a DC 25 Diplomacy check to convince her to help them for a time.

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

East Farlsmark

The Camp

Velgrynd

Finn

Rachel

Syric

Syric shook Nhezi's hand firmly. While he was clearly an older gentleman, there was a strange haleness to his person, as if he was, for lack of a better term, well-preserved. "That so?" he responded, taking in Nhezi's explanation. His aging eyes watched her carefully, as if he could see into her very soul. "Well, Obad-hai's no god that I've ever heard of, and I know nearly every pantheon of the worlds! But ye seem a kind soul, as does yer god. And that's what really matters, eh? Ye must truly be foreign folk, then, if Obad-hai has the power to empower clerics. Come, tell me of your homeland."

Mechanics & OOC

Roles for the Journey

Roll20 Map

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

East Farlsmark

The Camp

Velgrynd

Finn

Rachel

Syric

Mechanics & OOC

Roles for the Journey

Roll20 Map

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

East Farlsmark

The Camp

Velgrynd

Finn

Rachel

Syric

Mechanics & OOC

Roles for the Journey

Roll20 Map