Agility

Fortitude 12
Dexterity 0 Toughness 13
Fighting 7 Will 8
Intellect 0    
Awareness 0    
Presence 5    

POWERS

Biological Adaptation  (12pp Multiple Effects)

... Immunity 2 (Disease and Poison)

... Impervious 5 (Fortitude)

Enhanced Athleticism (9pp Multiple Effects)

... Speed 5 (60 mph, 900 feet per round)

... Leaping 4 (120ft, 30 mph)

Troll Hide (3pp)

... Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)

Rapid Recovery (10pp)

... Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds, Persistent)

Enhanced Senses (5pp)

... Senses 5 (Acute Olfactory Type, Low-light Vision, Ultra-Hearing, Tracking)

ADVANTAGES

... Challenge

... Chokehold

... Close Attack 1

... Damaging Trip

... Diehard

... Fast Grab

... Great Endurance

... Improved Grab

... Improved Push

... Improved Trip

... Move-By Action

... Ranged attack 3

... Takedown 1

SKILLS

SKILL RANKS BONUS
Acrobatics 0 0
Athletics 4 +13
Close Combat: Grab 3 +10
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 +10
Expertise: Pro Wrestling 4 +4
Insight 0 +0
Intimidation 6 +11
Perception 8 +8
Persuasion 0 +5
Ranged Combat: Throw 4 +4

OFFENSES

Initiative +3

Unarmed Strength-based Damage

+11 vs Parry; DC24 vs Toughness

Grab 

+11 vs Parry; DC 19 Special

Throw Strength Based Ranged Damage

+7 vs Dodge; DC24 vs Toughness

Abilities 68pp / Powers 39pp / Advantages 15pp / Skills 16pp / Defenses 12pp

Complications

Thrills - Motivation  Excitement, Adventure? The Troll totally craves these things.

Monstrous  Big, green, ugly, clearly non-human? Yeah, he looks pretty monstrous, though he's getting a bit of a fan base anyway. Note that he is large enough that his size alone can cause problems beyond the merely social.

Impulsive  Oh come on, he chugged a vial of glowing green goo just cause it said Super Serum on it. But he is surprisingly resistant to outside suggestions.

Appearance

He really does look a bit like a fantasy troll or perhaps ogre. Though very definitely humanoid, green skin, leathery scales or plates, a wide face with pointy teeth, protruding pointed ears and yellow eyes are not usually part of the human package. Nor is being almost 9 feet tall. Clothes shopping is a bit of an adventure, though since he mostly just wears loose fitting athletic wear the only REALLY hard part is shoes, so he generally goes barefoot. What, is he supposed to worry about stepping on a nail?

History

Terry Torvold was the only child of a quietly prosperous suburban couple. His dad was a biochemist working for Ardent Labs, he never talked much about what he did, there might have been a reason for that. His mom was a moderately successful romance novelist and advice columnist (the better to get ideas for her novels, natch). They were decent parents, his mom worked from home aside from the occasional book tour, his dad rarely brought his work home and so was usually able to play games or help with homework, though he wasn't all that good at it (too impatient really).

Terry was a pretty normal kid, not particularly smart or physically gifted, a bit on the scrawny side, truth be told. He was always obsessed with pro wrestling, it was his dream to be a wrestler when he grew up. Oh sure, he knew it was 'fake', he actually knew a LOT about how it all worked, the idea of the character, the performance was a lot of the appeal, because who doesn't want to be something larger than life, even if you're just pretending? Of course, scrawny little guys don't usually get a chance to be pro-wrestlers, but usually is for chumps, with enough hard work and training, maybe he could be another Rey Mysterio.

Or of course, he could just cheat. It's kind of amazing what you can find on the streets of Cape City, especially after the supers came back. In addition to all the normal steroids and growth hormones, there's Boost, MegaStim, Meta Genetic Extract (MAGE), Jolt and probably others Terry didn't have the chance to try. None of them really did anything for him though. Sure, some were probably fakes, but some definitely worked for others, at least sort of, so why did he never get anything but a weird buzz? Well, nevermind, he just kept working out and taking lessons in wrestling and MMA. And occasionally tapping his college fund to try something new.

And then his dad disappeared. Terry was in college by then, but only community college because much to his parents disappointment, he never put any effort into his studies and his grades hadn't been good enough for anywhere else. Which meant that once everyone decided his dad really was gone, he was around to clean up his dad's office. Moving stacks of books, mostly extremely obscure science texts, he found a journal that explained a lot of what his dad had been doing. (His dad was no dummy, no hacker can access a paper journal hidden in your home office). Turns out, his dad had been analyzing a lot of rather familiar substances as part of a project to create more supers. The reason for the journal was obvious, Terry's dad had become suspicious of who exactly was funding Ardent, the one thing he was fairly sure of, it wasn't the government, everything was far too slapdash and insecure, but weirdly paranoid. The real revelation was near the end of the journal (most of which Terry didn't understand, being written in High Chemistry), his dad had a secret lab hidden in a semi-abandoned industrial park and he had what he thought was a working serum.

Terry wasted no time, he had to see that lab. He probably should have noticed that he was being followed, but hey, he was distracted. He found the lab, got in using the key he found with the journal and found a rather neatly organized little laboratory, with a cooler holding a vial full of a slightly glowing green substance. The label was some long complicated name and sequence of numbers, the important part was a little parenthesis at the end (Super Serum). Terry might have taken the time to find out more, but about that point, he realized somebody was rather noisily entering the front of the building. Fortunately, there was a monitor showing the feed from a camera near the front door, and hey, were those guys armed? They sure looked like goons. Terry put everything together in an instant. His dad's employer knew about the lab but not where it was, that probably had something to do with his dad's disappearance (yup) and he'd lead them right to the lab (yup) and it probably would be a bad idea to let them have the serum (super duper yup). Well, only one way to protect it. He drank it. BIG mistake.

What neither Terry nor anyone else knew was that he already WAS super. He had a super adaptive metabolism that countered any drug, poison or disease it encountered, which was why the various super drugs never worked. This though, this was FAR more potent, also, it was dozens of doses and it wasn't meant to be drunk. His system adapted, enough to keep him alive, but the serum also changed him permanently. The clash between his body and the serum was the single most painful moment of his life, also the most confusing. The goons came in expecting just some kinda runty college kid, what they met was a screaming wall of green muscle. The resultant fight leveled the lab, the entire building, most of the complex, left several goons dead, more hospitalized and a few more running so fast they still might not have stopped. Not that Terry remembers much of it. Probably a good thing. It took some time for him to stabilize, the official involvement of various meta rights organizations and some help from the Centurions, but eventually he was out on the streets again, but no more scrawny Terrance Torvald, now he was... Terry The Troll!

Personality

Terry's body isn't the only thing that's changed since he drank that serum. He's gained a lot of confidence, not that he was a shrinking violet before, but now, he is Large and in Charge. Or Living Large. He can't quite decide on a tagline, he might be confident and even impulsive, but that doesn't mean he's entirely decisive. Since he got the various messes around his origin more or less sorted out (who actually owned Ardent Labs anyhow and where did the top managers vanish too?) he's been having a fair bit of fun showing off his powers (and helping people out, which is a sort of thrill all it's own). The important thing is, he's having fun and looking to make new friends.

(My mental image of Terry draws a lot from the tandem of Cyborg and Beast Boy from Teen Titans (and yes, even Teen Titans Go)).

Secrets

This is the stuff Terry doesn't know. Some of it *I* don't even know, like the fate of Terry's dad (might be dead, might be a captive, might still be on the run (unlikely)).

Ardent Labs actually had two backers. The first, through a fairly complicated but hardly untraceable chain of corporate ownership is Nolan Funk, one of the worlds richest men and self proclaimed super genius. Plenty of critics seem to think his only real talents are self promotion and luck and they might not be far wrong. He plans on getting in on the ground floor of the next phase of human evolution, something he's hardly kept secret, though most of the specific projects are reasonably well hidden (like Ardent Labs). He's no real danger himself, but he can hire some rather competent lackeys and he'd *really* like to 'study' Terry.

Ardent's *other* backer is the mob. Funk's undercover activities are a perfect spot for them to infiltrate his companies in search of tech they can use to level the playing field against superheroes. They wouldn't mind studying Terry either, though they'd be more likely to try to get him to work for them in the first place.

Terry's powers are still evolving and changing. He might get completely new abilities at almost any point, though most likely they'll just be a further evolution of what he already has.

NOTES

• I don't know if you intended it, but the art reminds me if Ragh Barkrock from Fantasy High, which makes me laugh.

• I really really dig the personality. You mention Cyborg and Gar, but I also see some ever-lovin' blue-eyed Ben Grimm. Which is awesome, you get a lot of the antsy monster characters, but I love that the ones I've had apply are like "Yea I got horns and scales, so what, who wants to party?"

• Heh heheh. Heh.

• I love the additional background secrets. Answered some of my questions before I asked 'em. Solid solid solid.

Not familiar with Fantasy High, so not intended, but I can see it now that I looked it up.

Yeah, there's definitely some Ben in his happier days in there (and just like Ben he might get a bit moody from time to time but wallowing in angst is just so not his thing, or mine).