Character Creation Requirements

Pittance

To apply, please create your own character thread in the Applications folder. Please title it “Name LastName (if there is one) - Lineage Background Planned-Subclass Class”. E. g.: “John Pullerson - Half Orc Urchin Circle of the Moon Druid” or “Sir Benedict Fortstrider - Variant Human Noble Battlemaster Fighter”, etc.

Basics

Picture: Please include an image of your character, no wider than 500 px. I’ll be happy, if your character is accepted into the game, to make a token for you using this image. However, you can make one yourself using the free software, Token-Tool, available at the link provided.

Name: Titles, nicknames, etcetera.

Character Concept: A single sentence elevator pitch.

Lineage, Background, Planned-Subclass Class: You’re level 1, so I'm just looking for a guesstimate on the subclass.

Description: A physical description, including typical clothing and any distinguishing features. A brief psychological profile, including personality.

Your Character’s Plothook: How did they wind up in Falkovnia? The Mists of Ravenloft pull from realms both far and wide, be they connected or not, so tell me how they wound up in the totalitarian, zombie-laden hellscape that is this particular domain of dread. What were they doing before the Mists rolled in? Have they been in Falkovnia long?

Backstory: Try and keep this minimal. Only include things that you think might be relevant to their overall concept and/or prevailing themes, as well things that might be interesting for further character development.

Fears, & Failures: You need at least two (2) genuine fears, some things that truly terrify your character. You also need at least  two (2) rumors, both of which should have a negative or unpleasant implication.

As the DM, I will choose one item from each category to be true  — and I may not even tell you which, for fun! — so make sure you're comfortable with all of them.

efd94a2db1b3a10f84705b65322e6157.jpg

Details

Include at least two of the following in your application:

Loyalties: You are either being courted by or are a recent initiate of a faction, an organization in Waterdeep for numerous purposes. See below for faction information. Why did you join the Faction? Who acted as your mentor?

Is Might Right?: What is your character’s personal philosophy on power and authority? From where does this derive? How is it wielded best and worst? Is might right, and if not, what is?

Deity: In the Forgotten Realms, the gods are very real and interact with the world in tangible ways. They live and die and are real beings. Almost everyone worships at least one god, most worship multiple gods or whole pantheons. Atheism is very rare, and in fact, in the Forgotten Realms, might even be a sign of insanity (to put it politely), and often has divine consequences. Yet others are spiritual without worshiping a god. What are your character’s beliefs, and how do they guide your character?

Music: Tell me what your character sounds like, musically. You can give me a specific composer, band, style of music, or motifs, but music plays a large part in the games I run. No one’s judging your taste in music here, and I’d be more than happy to help you if you want suggestions.

Please provide up to three links to YouTube videos showcasing the music you’ve chosen. If you only mention a genre (“Classic Rock!” or “Rap”), that’s fine, too. You can be as general or specific as you like (“Jimi Hendrix’s Woodstock performance of the Star Spangled Banner”).

Impressions: Your impression of other characters. This will help us develop relationships before the game starts. However, this is obviously not required because, depending on how many people apply, this will become burdensome.

Images: (Other than your Character) Tattoos; images of animal companions or familiars; clothing items; whatever you like, and however many you feel the need to post.

Connections: One or more living family member(s) they could visit, and who knows them and would give them and their friends beds to sleep in and a hardy meal in their bellies. They’ll even direct nosy stalkers in the wrong direction for you as best they can. BUT! One enemy stalking the world that has a legitimate grievance against them and is out there, looking for them to right your character’s wrong. I can’t promise either or both of them will come into play.

Edited by Pittance (see edit history)