Rollo, the Monkey

hakootoko

spacer.pngRollo was trained to fetch. "Get me that scroll. Get me that vial. Get me that wand," the old man would order, and Rollo would lug it back to him while he just sat there. Naturally limber, he sometimes had to get out of the way of collapsing piles of research material, and then out of the way of whatever the master tried to throw at him in anger. He learned to use tools to get at what he was after, and to read to tell one book apart from another. And those books were heavy; but over time he got the hang of carrying them. He didn't mind the work and was trusted to not escape, so the master took him along on his shoulder sometimes to fetch things from his rucksack while he chatted with other masters.

Rollo has developed an interest in leisurely pursuits: reading now that he can, and tool-making. But sometimes he panics when too many others are rushing about, and then he retreats to the highest shelf where he can find to throw things down into the chaos.

High Concept: Budding Scholar

Trouble: Run Away and Throw Stuff!

Aspect: A Foot or Tail is Also a Hand

Skills: Athletics +3, Crafts +2, Investigate +2, Physique +1, Notice +1, Stealth +1

Refresh: 3/3

Edited by hakootoko (see edit history)

Gonna take me a few days to get these aspects nailed down. I'm never satisfied with what I first come up with.

Should our High Concepts contain our animal type?

I went with the photo image to start, so we can each tell each other's species. Perhaps we can shift to something more cartooney afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...

High Concept: Budding Scholar

Trouble: Run Away and Throw Stuff!

Aspects:

A Foot or Tail is Also a Hand

A Wall is Much Like a Floor

Skills: Lore +4, Athletics +3, Craft +3, Shoot +2, Stealth +2, Investigate +2, Notice +1, Physique +1, Will +1, Provoke +1

Stunts:

Natural Thrower: +2 to Shoot with thrown weapons

Barrage: Once per scene, can Shoot an entire zone.

Mystic Library: From time to time, he suddenly remembers one of the bits of information that briefly flowed through his mind in the library of the apprentices. Mechanically the same as "I've Read About That!: You’ve read hundreds—if not thousands—of books on a wide variety of topics. You can spend a fate point to use Lore in place of any other skill for one roll or exchange, provided you can justify having read about the action you’re attempting."

Scholarly Magic (Relentless Training, Lore based)

Discipline: Conjure Metal. Rollo can will pieces of metal into existence temporarily in shapes he desires. Like a knife for long enough to be used as a weapon, or as a tool to carve a statuette. He tried to make a gold coin and put it in his pocket, but then it vanished before he could spend it. "Conjure Metal
You have mastered the ability to conjure metal. You can will into being various metallic forms, like a key to unlock a door (Burglary), a lever to shift a heavy weight (Physique), a shield for protection (Crafts), or a daggers to attack someone at range (Shoot). You can animate objects (excluding what is covered by other disciplines)—such as armor, weapons, and tools a creature capable of following commands (Provoke), starting at a Good (+3) difficulty." As Discipline: EnergyEnergy
You have mastered the control of magical energy. You can manipulate energy into various sparkling blue, translucent forms, like a key to unlock a door (Burglary), a large hand to lift something out of your way (Physique), a shield for protection (Crafts), or a lightning bolt to attack someone at range (Shoot). You can animate objects (excluding what is covered by other disciplines)—such as armor, weapons, and rugs—into a creature capable of following commands (Provoke), starting at a Good (+3) difficulty.

Refresh: 3/3

Edited by hakootoko (see edit history)