Dramatis Personae

bwatford

NPC

The Clockwork King Dwarf Artificer (DescriptionThe Clockwork King (male dwarf artificer) is one of the few dwarves remaining in Mirabar. He keeps his beard shaved in remembrance of his missing kin. He talks at a slow, deliberately measured pace, often using his fingers to seemingly count his words while speaking. He is guarded by two javelin-wielding monodrones whom he refers to as Null and Prime.)image.jpeg.842fad367abdccd3c7d418410c55cf40.jpeg

"Mephits you say?" the old dwarf asked at a slow, deliberately measured pace as he counted the three words in cadence using his fingertips. Turning to one of his mechanical friends he says "Prime, you know anything about mephits?" then turning to the other "How about you Null?" he asked, again in a measured pace as he seemingly counted his words as if only having a limited number remaining.

Turning back to Andraste again he says "If I can, close this portal, as you say. Which I am not saying I can. Well of course I can. But still. I am a merchant, and as such. What would be in it for me?" he said as he tapped out the word count quietly, then shook his head as if aggravated with himself over using too many of them.

He then walked leisurely over to a table that was arrayed with gadgets and contraptions, "Perhaps a clockwork quantifier, or clockwork familiar too while you are here? All reasonably priced I assure you. Mind-sharpened armor? Clockwork Amulet?" then he walked over to a nearby contraption that had a glass beaker under it, "or perhaps some potions that cure?" he continued to proceed to count his words on his fingertips as he went and again, he winced as he passed what he wanted.

Turning back to the group he just smiled really big and kept his mouth closed but it seemed to take a lot of effort for him to do so.

When Drift spoke up and said a friend recommended him to them, he simply nodded and continued to be silent as he waited what might be on offer for his services. He was visibly excited as he waited for an answer.