The Hunt

Morph3us

[CENTER][IMG2=800]https://i.imgur.com/LPlqSnb.jpg[/IMG2] [B]Grand Bank Early Spring (T+37 days)[/B][/CENTER] The group parts ways with Dane and the Dawnbringers for a couple more days of trudging through miserable rain. They pass through villages dotting rolling farmland in the sphere of influence of Grand Bank. Finally, the skies partly clear and the temperature rises several degrees. Alas, the spring mud remains. On the same morning, the city itself comes into view. Its population has spilled out from the city proper. Some live in "gate towns" just outside the gleaming white walls. Terracotta roofs dominate the architecture; their brownish orange contrasts with the rich blue of the Ocean of Storms. Grand Bank soars over the sea atop cliffs and ridges. The most prominent is a sweeping, raised peninsula which forms a natural harbor. A lighthouse perches atop the end and towers over everything else in the city. The party arrives around midday. The gate their road approaches is guarded but they have free run of the surrounding town. Business flanking the main roads include stables, mundane traders, and a small inn built in several additions to a home called The Halfway House. Their dangerous appearance draws cautious looks. Locals and fellow travelers alike all give the group a wide birth. Speaking of travelers, there is modest wagon traffic rattling in and out. One stops at a tannery which is wisely located outside the main city. The driver vaults over a fence and starts talking to one of the workers. A pair of human youths that could be brother and sister meander along the road approaching the gate. They encourage those entering to toss them a copper in exchange for "the lay of the land." Most decline. The party could indulge them, head for the gate and look around themselves, stop by the makeshift inn, or do anything else. Their hunt is on but leads are few. Regardless, Grand Bank awaits! [SPOILER="OOC"]Mostly scene-setting here. I'm going to ask in the OOC thread how you plan to go about your search. Then we can head on in. The party is seeking the necromancer Hargreave who they had a previous run-in with. He escaped and likely plans to build a new nest in which to create a phylactery and attain lichdom. Before pursuing him, you might have a couple of errands to run. You'll want to go shopping and possibly get [I]restoration[/I]. Back to the main quest, one of the party's leads is an ally of his called Vestrenna. She is a gray elf Archivist who has scried on the party at least once. Nasri has one half of a "correspondence chess set" that she was playing with Hargreave. She lives a life of layered masks, often drifting about and presenting herself as a different kind of cleric in different places. For example: [B]Recent information about Vestrenna:[/B] [SPOILER="Vestrenna"][QUOTE=Morph3us;16150539]The biggest discovery is a collection of drafts for a divine necromantic ritual. Margin notes from the author mention consulting with Vestrenna (!) in Grand Bank. Mercifully, it doesn't sound like they are tightly allied. A spell scroll changed hands as payment for her insight. Vestrenna is, as far as the author knows, a devotee of Wee Jas posing as a scholar of Sehanine Moonbow (wife of Corellon Larethian) under some unmentioned false name. [hr][/hr] So, what is this ritual for? Having found a source of skeletons (the boneyard), it seems the group's quarry sought a way to endlessly add zombies to his forces as well. He intended to create something called a [I]mohrg[/I] for this purpose. Nasri might not have heard of that, but there are a few people here who could inform him: mohrgs resemble skeletons with disgusting, intestine-like tongues coiled up in themselves. Creatures they slay rise as zombies under their control without the need for any costly onyx. Mohrgs can't be made from just any pile of bones; the remains of a mass murder or similarly monstrous individual is required. The instructions for how to create one intentionally seem complex. The author has selected a notorious "thrill killer" who was finally caught and hung in the coastal town of Azure Bluffs.[/QUOTE][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
LPlqSnb.jpg

Grand Bank Early Spring (T+37 days)
The group parts ways with Dane and the Dawnbringers for a couple more days of trudging through miserable rain. They pass through villages dotting rolling farmland in the sphere of influence of Grand Bank. Finally, the skies partly clear and the temperature rises several degrees. Alas, the spring mud remains. On the same morning, the city itself comes into view.

Its population has spilled out from the city proper. Some live in "gate towns" just outside the gleaming white walls. Terracotta roofs dominate the architecture; their brownish orange contrasts with the rich blue of the Ocean of Storms. Grand Bank soars over the sea atop cliffs and ridges. The most prominent is a sweeping, raised peninsula which forms a natural harbor. A lighthouse perches atop the end and towers over everything else in the city.

The party arrives around midday. The gate their road approaches is guarded but they have free run of the surrounding town. Business flanking the main roads include stables, mundane traders, and a small inn built in several additions to a home called The Halfway House.

Their dangerous appearance draws cautious looks. Locals and fellow travelers alike all give the group a wide birth.

Speaking of travelers, there is modest wagon traffic rattling in and out. One stops at a tannery which is wisely located outside the main city. The driver vaults over a fence and starts talking to one of the workers.

A pair of human youths that could be brother and sister meander along the road approaching the gate. They encourage those entering to toss them a copper in exchange for "the lay of the land." Most decline.

The party could indulge them, head for the gate and look around themselves, stop by the makeshift inn, or do anything else. Their hunt is on but leads are few.

Regardless, Grand Bank awaits!

"OOC"

Mostly scene-setting here. I'm going to ask in the OOC thread how you plan to go about your search. Then we can head on in.

The party is seeking the necromancer Hargreave who they had a previous run-in with. He escaped and likely plans to build a new nest in which to create a phylactery and attain lichdom.

Before pursuing him, you might have a couple of errands to run. You'll want to go shopping and possibly get restoration .

Back to the main quest, one of the party's leads is an ally of his called Vestrenna. She is a gray elf Archivist who has scried on the party at least once. Nasri has one half of a "correspondence chess set" that she was playing with Hargreave. She lives a life of layered masks, often drifting about and presenting herself as a different kind of cleric in different places. For example:

Recent information about Vestrenna:

"Vestrenna"

Originally posted by Morph3us;16150539
The biggest discovery is a collection of drafts for a divine necromantic ritual. Margin notes from the author mention consulting with Vestrenna (!) in Grand Bank. Mercifully, it doesn't sound like they are tightly allied. A spell scroll changed hands as payment for her insight.

Vestrenna is, as far as the author knows, a devotee of Wee Jas posing as a scholar of Sehanine Moonbow (wife of Corellon Larethian) under some unmentioned false name.

So, what is this ritual for?

Having found a source of skeletons (the boneyard), it seems the group's quarry sought a way to endlessly add zombies to his forces as well. He intended to create something called a mohrg for this purpose.

Nasri might not have heard of that, but there are a few people here who could inform him: mohrgs resemble skeletons with disgusting, intestine-like tongues coiled up in themselves. Creatures they slay rise as zombies under their control without the need for any costly onyx.

Mohrgs can't be made from just any pile of bones; the remains of a mass murder or similarly monstrous individual is required. The instructions for how to create one intentionally seem complex.

The author has selected a notorious "thrill killer" who was finally caught and hung in the coastal town of Azure Bluffs.

Rest of Page 1

[Post 2]
Author : Lazeram
Date : Feb 26 '23 7:03am

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/2e/d6/882ed6c990135e0f024a4ab98214cbef.jpgAbrecan is happy to get out of the moldy caves, but venturing into a bustling city is perhaps worse.
He notices the pair of children outside the gates, and sees they are mostly unsuccessful in getting coin from other travellers. The wild dwarf have some to spare and tosses each of the kids a gold piece. "So, do you have any news from the city? Are there any renowned mages here?"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[Post 3]
Author : Steel Warrior
Date : Feb 26 '23 9:58pm

https://i.imgur.com/yv5N9NV.jpg[/IMG]"]Ynessa lets a soft smile slip as he see's the dwarf befriend the children, but the gold coin on the otherhand was quite a lot, and if other children or street urchins took notice, the children's lives could be in danger.

She stepped up to Abrecan, speaking in her usually hushed voice, "Your method is good for obtaining information, but if those children start showing off those gold coins of theirs, it can being the wrong kind of attention."

Moving up to the children she kneels down, "If you have anyone you trust, have them hold the gold for you, don't want any bullies trying to take away your keep."

"If you know a reliable tavern we can stay at, and you bring us more information, I will also give you extra coin." she says, "Just make sure you don't put yourself in danger for coin, your lives are more important."

[Post 4]
Author : RedRajah
Date : Feb 27 '23 7:02am

Black eyed the urchin beggars coolly.  It wasn't his gold being spent, after all.

But information could be passed both ways.  And their quarry might have a mundane network already in place to alert her about their group for this city.

He inwardly smirked.  'Sides...ya wouldn't be Th' Bastard if ya automatically gave th' brats a free pass with yer trust...

1d20+10z

[Post 5]
Author : Morph3us
Date : Feb 28 '23 12:21am

The kids freeze up for a moment when the wild dwarf approaches. He has a messy mop of tawny hair while she has hers in a ponytail. Both stare at Abrecan with wide, brown eyes. The sight of two gold coins snaps them out of it. The boy snatches them up to hide quickly, making furtive glances all around to see if their gleaming new wealth has been noticed. The girl, previously looking bored with their lack of success, is newly energized. She starts babbling lots of information, all of it basic, but definitely helpful in orienting to a new city.

"Well, mister dwarf, sir, friend, we'd be happy to help!" She exclaims. "Mages! Wow! The best aren't from here. I hear they have one of them capital circlets--"

"Circles." Her brother corrects.

"Right, circlets." She continues, undeterred. "So they bring in a real good one when it's important."

She's probably thinking of the mages in the capital which Nasri's friend Belrana mentioned back in Cez.

It doesn't seem as long ago to me as it was!Belrana grins at seeing Nasri impressed by the well-stocked laboratory. "If you like this, you should see the other infrastructure we have here, especially the Spellpool. Only the royal wizards in the capital are more well equipped and they are more of a cabal than an order one can..." She trails off and then turns back to the subject at hand.

"If it's magic you want, we've got temples'a'plenty." She adds. "Pelor, a couple ocean gods, and Far... Fharlan... Fharlanghn, those are some. Need help finding any of them?" She asks, eager for Ynessa's extra coin.

Ynessa also asked about taverns, so:

"You can't do better than the Safe Harbor. One floor is underwater for fishfolk and all that. It's strange but worth seeing. Lots'a travelers from the sea." She explains. "The Wings of Thunder is more center, if you want that. Cheaper, too, but louder."

They sure seem earnest. Gold when they were expecting copper must be a powerful motivation to be as helpful as possible. Black is confident the girl stands behind most everything she's saying. It's useful information, if mundane, and nothing in it is suspicious.

One wonders how much she could know about good taverns at her age, though. If he had to guess at anything hidden in her words, it could be that she's taken a couple coppers for advertising those two in particular.

The boy seems like a kid after Black's own heart. Immediately swiping the gold and keeping an eye out for anyone who might notice it. When his attention returns to the party, he starts studying them. It doesn't look like he's recognized them from a description or anything. There's no look of dawning realization. But he could be memorizing things that stand out about them. Of course, maybe he's just enthralled by adventurers. Many young boys are...

[Post 6]
Author : evedgebah
Date : Mar 6 '23 8:13pm

Varrick is not the most social, despite his imposing presence.  Still, he offers to help comb the town for information, hitting up various inns, taverns, squares and such.

[Post 7]
Date : Mar 9 '23 12:11pm

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/2e/d6/882ed6c990135e0f024a4ab98214cbef.jpgAbrecan looks at the others and shrugs. "I have no need for neither food nor boarding. But perhaps someone at the inn knows more about nearby mages," he says to his companions.

[Post 8]
Date : Mar 11 '23 7:55am

https://i.imgur.com/yv5N9NV.jpg[/IMG]"]Ynessa suddenly feels a little embarrassed, she was never a socialite even in her elven community. Her skills for gathering information fell short, as she had spent most of her younger years training int he forest and spelunking, or mountain climbing as a matter of fact. She did feel more at home outdoors than in a city.

"I'll also do my best, as well, as I should scout out the city and be wary of any people with that snake tattoo, I don't wish any harm to come to our companion." she adds.

[Post 9]
Author : Stengleronymous
Date : Mar 13 '23 6:12pm

https://i.ibb.co/NLsj9F8/Nasri.jpg

Nasri looks intrigued by the notion of a partially-underwater inn. "I've never seen an ocean, myself. This Safe Harbor place sounds interesting to me."

"And I'd love to see the temples! If you can show me around the bigger ones, I'll give you each a silver piece," Nasri says to the siblings, hoping that a silver piece won't be a huge thief magnet and that one of these temples may be where Vestrenna is currently infiltrating.

[Post 10]
Date : Mar 15 '23 12:17am

The party hashes out their plans and then makes for the gate to enter the city proper. The guards are wary of this dangerous group but eventually allow them to pass after taking names and writing down a description of everyone in it. They also are levying a toll on merchants and adventurers: 1 SP each.

After that, everyone splits up for the afternoon. They get directions from the kids on where to meet at the Safe Harbor. In the meantime, Nasri will go with them (and Black) to see the major temples. Varrik will meander through gathering places in the city asking around for general information with Abrecan beside him. And Ynessa will disappear into the crowds, searching for anyone or anything suspicious.

OOC:
Tally so far: Abrecan and Ynessa are out 2 GP each. Nasri is out 2 SP. Perhaps the whole group is also out another 1 SP each for the gate toll.

We'll need some checks to see how well the subsequent plans go! Then I'll describe in more detail everything they see and find out.

It is the middle of the day, giving plenty of time for Varrik to spend several hours doing a Gather Information. Let me know if he is seeking anything in particular. He gets a +2 circumstance bonus from having good leads on where to start mingling with people. Abrecan joins him as deterrent.

At the same time, Nasri will get a tour of the major religious institutions. Despite his massive intellect it's actually Black who has the skill ranks in and might want to make a Knowledge (Religion) check to see if anything is unusual about what they see.

Meanwhile, Ynessa goes out alone, making her usual stealthy checks? Spot, Listen, Hide, Move Silently are my assumptions? She is on the lookout for snake tattoos and what else?

Page 2

[Post 11]
Date : Mar 15 '23 8:47am

In his gruff way, Black had suggested to the now-cloaked Nasri that they not walk quite so close together.  Now the Bastard was the one more noticeable and, if their quarry decided to change targets to scry, better he was the one to be bait.

And he trusted that the goblin mage would do his sneezing act if a scrying beacon popped up.

Cold blue eyes scanned the various temples for anything of interest in the meantime...

1d20+11z

[Post 12]
Date : Mar 15 '23 1:03pm

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/2e/d6/882ed6c990135e0f024a4ab98214cbef.jpgAbrecan does his best not to intimidate potential informants from speaking as he follows Varrik around town. He might not be the best inquisitor, but he keeps his 1d20+1z and 1d20+7z open. Not to mention his keen This extraordinary ability lets a creature detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell.

A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range is 60 feet. If it is downwind, the range is 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at three times these ranges.

The creature detects another creature’s presence but not its specific location. Noting the direction of the scent is a move action. If it moves within 5 feet of the scent’s source, the creature can pinpoint that source.

A creature with the Track feat and the scent ability can follow tracks by smell, making a Wisdom check to find or follow a track. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10. The DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the quarry’s odor is, the number of creatures, and the age of the trail. For each hour that the trail is cold, the DC increases by 2. The ability otherwise follows the rules for the Track feat. Creatures tracking by scent ignore the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility.

Creatures with the scent ability can identify familiar odors just as humans do familiar sights.

Water, particularly running water, ruins a trail for air-breathing creatures. Water-breathing creatures that have the scent ability, however, can use it in the water easily.

False, powerful odors can easily mask other scents. The presence of such an odor completely spoils the ability to properly detect or identify creatures, and the base Survival DC to track becomes 20 rather than 10.
. If the need arises, he will use his 1d20+13z.

[Post 13]
Date : Mar 15 '23 10:07pm

https://i.imgur.com/yv5N9NV.jpg[/IMG]"]Ynessa sifts through the crowds and focuses on the markets where magic would be sold and the gambling dens. Anything that might pick up random talk about the necromancer, or someone buying up armor, as well as the snake tattoos.

Take 10 Hide/MS: 32/32
1d20+17z, 1d20+17z, 1d20+17z, 1d20+17z

[Post 14]
Date : Mar 16 '23 6:17pm

Varrick hits the streets, inns, and taverns.  He's looking for rumors of a pair of casters, and any rumblings of necromancy, not necessarily together, but if so, he listens even more closely.  He knows what he's doing and takes his time, but Improvises too.

I think Improvisation would work here, it's "one check", so +10 +2 Circumstance +2 Aid Another from Abrecan +2 Synergy (Local), +4 Base Taking 10 = 30 even!

[Post 15]
Date : Mar 18 '23 10:16pm

The youths are energized by their comparatively massive payday. They walk double-time to bring Nasri to different neighborhoods in the afternoon. Grand Bank's organic growth over time means the city's temples aren't all co-located.

Black doesn't notice anything odd about the places they visit. He does recognize four prominent deities:

Fharlanghn, god of horizons and travel: Almost immediately on the other side of the city gates, on one corner of a large intersection between major avenues. The building isn't much, but it surrounds a courtyard full of well-worn paths and weathered stones carved with ancient wisdom.
 Kord, god of strength and athleticism: Better resembles a sauna and training field out on the peninsula than a temple. Wrestlers and pugilists brawl while spectators place small-time bets on the side.
 Pelor, who needs no introduction: Has a prominent dome surrounded by stained glass windows on the walls. It is landmark on top of a hill at the edge of the government district. The party has more than one promise of assistance from Pelor if they ever need healing or other services.
 Corellon Larethian, creator of elves and partner of Sehanine Moonbow: Narrow but sleek building near a wealthy neighborhood, with an alabaster spire and flowering gardens.

Then there are two temples at the docks which he does not recognize right away:

Procan, god of the wild and primal sea: Full of arabesques and mosaics depicting stormy voyages and monsters of the deep. Near the Safe Harbor inn.
 Xerbo and Osprem, god and goddess of sailors and their commerce. The pair (an occasional couple) share a temple at the mouth of the river spilling into the harbor. It is less ostentatious, but very busy, with sailors streaming through to seek blessings before departing.

The youths also share that worshippers of Olidammara are common among people they know but they don't think there is an actual temple dedicated to him anywhere.

(1/4)

[Post 16]
Date : Mar 18 '23 10:16pm

Ynessa does not overhear anything about necromancers or mass purchases of armor. Nor does she spy any snake tattoos. She does get a sense of the city's underworld.

The shadowdancer ends up by the temple of Kord at one point because its sparring grounds draw bets from spectators. In between bouts, some gamblers get their fix by rolling dice or playing shell games. Kord's clergy don't encourage these side events but they are hard to stop.

By trailing pickpockets and hustlers that congregate in the area, Ynessa locates more dens of questionable activities. She thereby learns of two rival thieves' guilds operating in the city. They are popularly known as the Sea Dogs and the Alley Rats. If she needs to follow up on clandestine transactions, either one of them might know more.

She then prowls trade markets by each of the city gates as well as surrounding the docks. Most activity is mundane but she finds leads on where to trade in magic ingredients and items. First, there is a city-owned building with a couple of Teleport Circles in it. They are expensive to access, and used by only the wealthiest of traders.

Second, she hears someone mention visiting Davnan's, a name which rings a bell. This gnome and his wife Nissa own a shop for alchemical and magical supplies. Hargreave happened to be in it when the party scried on him from Cez:

Bashir continues his work. He drones on about Pelor and enlightenment and... just when it seems he will go on like this forever, he motions for the group to come look at the water.

"I believe I have pierced the nondetection." He sweeps one hand just above the surface of the water while intoning: Shining One, I pray you to show me the wicked one they call Hargreave.

Ripples waver across the surface for a moment. The cloudy gray water starts to swirl with pastel colors before focusing into a view of Hargreave:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/7f/4d/6d/7f4d6df66c4a587c262b83b481635f98--character-portraits-character-ideas.jpg

Standing across a counter from an apologetic looking gnomish man, mid-conversation. Bashir grins and, with quick motions of his hands, rotates the view to have a look around. The gnome is in his early middle age, with hints of gray in his short, neatly trimmed beard. The floor behind the counter where he is working is raised to put him at nearly the same height as Hargreave. Behind the gnome are shelves stuffed with scrolls and pouches and jars with labels like "newt eyes" and "halfling thistle."

There are beakers and bubbling glassware on one end of the counter, and piles of reagents and gems being weighed on a scale in the middle. The other end has ledgers and piles of papers on it, all written in Gnomish.

Because scrying only sees about ten feet in all directions, the view fades into a white void behind Hargreave; the group can't see the exit to the shop he seems to be in.

The gnome is speaking: "My friend, you just cleaned me out of almost all my muleweed pollen two months ago, what happened to it?"

"Never you mind." Hargreave replies curtly. "When will you have more?"

"I have a pinch left, but that's all. Working folk sometimes use it for their labors. Dockhands, farmers, and the like may have some."

"As for orticusp, well, you should ask a druid around midsummer... is something wrong?"

"Just a moment." Hargreave says grimly, turning to face the scrying's point of view. He frowns thoughtfully and his eyes flare with a cold blue light. "You're new." He mutters to himself while staring right up through the water.

"Oh." Bashir blinks as the necromancer makes eye contact with him. Hargreave reaches out an open hand. "Oh!" The priest quickly begins mumbling prayers while contorting his fingers in intricate gestures, shoring up weak points in his spell to try and keep it from--

Hargreave clenches his fist, and the view smashes to black. A wave of magical energy reverberates through the room like a thunderclap and sends Bashir stumbling backwards. The holy water quickly clears up, then the priest nervously dips one hand in it and blesses himself.

"He's strong." Bashir comments, wiping his brow with his other hand. "I think he saw me. But not the rest of you."

Belrana soon returns with copies of scrying as well as detect scrying. "I'll make another copy of each for you later, Master Merren." She says as she hands them to Nasri.

Vorjin nods absentmindedly, as he considers Black's description of what the group saw in their brief divination of Hargreave for a moment. Then, he responds.

"Hmm. Doesn't sound like a desert. That rules out Omskirk. Dockhands and a gnomish proprietor also makes me think of Grand Bank, so that is my first guess. It is the last port leading to the  highlands that is still in civilized hands. A couple who are family friends have a shop there--Davnan and his wife Nissa. I can send them a warning and ask if he has been there. It will take some minutes; excuse me."

He sets about doing that.

Belrana peers at the projected map on the table. She seems to know how to use it as well; bright blue paths trace along it as she speaks and gestures. "That's a long journey. At least a week from here into the valley. Then keep going west, through the Galena mountains--shorter distance, but tougher terrain--and then north along the coast. Or up the rest of the valley, over the Iron Hills, and then west along the highlands. The first way, you'll definitely run into goblins and dwarves. The second way, you might see giants if they keep expanding. Either path will take some time."

(2/4)

[Post 17]
Date : Mar 18 '23 10:44pm

Varrik trawls several gathering places in the city. Abrecan doesn't sense anyone following them. His imposing presence dissuades any troublemakers from bothering the pair during their investigation.

They start with the little inn at the gate town the party arrived in. Then they head into the main city. They visit the Wings of Thunder, a tavern owned by a human man with blue draconic ancestry. It is frequented by laborers and ruffians. The pair soon move on to a couple of other places. They end their wandering in the early evening at the Safe Harbor inn.

The bard is able to piece together confirmation of the party's most recent lead. There is a relatively new, reclusive scholar of the elven goddess Sehanine Moonbow in the city. "Selissa" is staying with a small but influential enclave of elves. Some whispers ask if she is really an undercover agent of some god(dess) of death. The most popular suspect is Wee Jas. Most people who have even heard this think it's false. Still, she sounds like Vestrenna.

Varrik follows up on ways to draw her out.

"Selissa" will make rare semi-public appearances as part of the elven festivities of Springrites, an equinox festival starting in a week. Semi-public because she will mostly be mingling mostly with elves and Grand Bank's high society, not dancing in the street or frolicking in a nearby forest. Maybe the party could snag an invitation to one of the higher-end gatherings. Adventurers are a bit too "nouveau riche" to get in on their own merit... but if they could solve a problem for some member of the city's elite?

Alternatively, she's been known to trade services for unusual divine spell scrolls and rare holy texts. In her current disguise, "Selissa" focuses on the elven pantheon. Vestrenna might be cautiously interested in others. Even if the party doesn't have anything suitable, they could probably find something. Varrik learns some temples have archives from they might be persuaded to part with something for the cause. And there's always the possibility of throwing large amounts of gold around in search of rare books.
(3/4)

[Post 18]
Date : Mar 18 '23 10:44pm

The Safe Harbor is as advertised. This huge inn is built almost like a pier jutting out from Grand Bank's inner docks. The decor is predictably nautical. Netting droops from the ceiling while ship's wheels and similar decorations hang on the walls.

About a third of the spacious common room has water instead of floor. The air above is warm and humid but not oppressively so. Nasri recognizes Control Temperature and similar quality-of-life spells working in the background to keep it that way.

They also keep the water clearer than the harbor outside; one can see down to the bottom where a handful of merfolk adventurers are cavorting among themselves. Despite a surface clientele dominated by human sailors, the ambiance is light-hearted and peaceful. Then again, the night is young.

Seafood dominates the menu including squid, winter flounder, and mussels. Pitchers and mugs of ale cycle to and from patrons. Tending bar is an aquatic elf named Ripple. Her odd combination of black hair and light blue skin frames striking, mother-of-pearl eyes.

It's early enough that the party can find an empty table. Cheaper stays on the floor are available, but they probably want space for themselves. They can spend 2 GP each for their own small rooms. Alternatively, there are 5 GP suites. One of them would be cramped for so many people but more easily allows for private meetings. In either case, breakfast and dinner are included.

Now that they have reconvened, the group has a chance to discuss their findings and plan next moves...
(4/4)

[Post 19]
Date : Mar 24 '23 5:33pm

Nasri shares the information that he and Black uncovered, then looks much more impressed with everything that the rest of the party learned, including where Vestrenna probably was working and how they might be able to get her out. As they discuss, his eyes wander around The Safe Harbor's common room. After several weeks of either camping or dealing with hostile glares in some dwarf fortress or another, he seems excited to be in an inn that caters to all sorts. He stares amazed at the sheer quantity of crystal-clear water and the inn patrons that inhabit it. After the info sharing his done, he speaks up.

"I think we should invest in a suite, so we can talk amongst ourselves," he suggests. "If you ask me, I'm none to keen on actually fighting Vestrenna and I don't think we even need to. All we need is to find where she lives and then ensure that she's not at hand when we go after-" he cuts off before saying Hargreave's name, eyes darting around the inn furtively.

"Well, you know. A plan that baits them both out of her fortified home to different places would be ideal, in my book."

[Post 20]
Date : Mar 24 '23 8:14pm

Varrik too shares his findings as they converse at their meeting spot.  "So a diversion of sorts?  That could do.  What about finding proof of necromancy and reporting it to the authorities?"

Page 3

[Post 21]
Date : Mar 25 '23 6:17am

"Depends if that sort o' thing is illegal in these parts -- an' if she hasn't already greased a palm or two into watchin' out fer her backside..."  Black said with a shrug.  "Course, that party in the comin' week might be worth crashin' if we can..."

[Post 22]
Date : Mar 27 '23 1:52pm

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/2e/d6/882ed6c990135e0f024a4ab98214cbef.jpgAbrecan scoffs. "Hargreaves may be our primary objective, but if Vestrenna is here, I say we should take that queen off the chess board. So to speak.
If we got time to clear out them caves, a nearby evil necromancer less in the world is certainly worth the effort."

[Post 23]
Date : Apr 16 '23 4:50pm

Early Spring (T+38 Days)

The party's discussion winds late into the evening. They appraise various items and dole out a few among themselves. The rest they designate for sale with plans to find buyers the next day.

That means their first stop in the morning is the teleport circle terminus building. It's small and very well-defended, neither of which are surprising. Just entering it costs 5 GP for the group, and passage via the circles would cost more. Inside, the reasons for that expense become obvious. The atrium between the two circles has a few semi-private meeting booths. The open area is not well populated; there are just a handful of the wealthiest merchants here mingling.

Nasri 1d20+23z the shimmering emerald barrier on the threshold to the entrance but it seems harmless. There are probably other, unseen defenses...

After spending multiple hours here the group is able to arrange buyers for their leftover loot and any outdated gear. This leaves their coin purses heavy with gold, platinum, and gems. Black and Varrik especially will need to make use of this newfound wealth.

Now, to other business. The weather continues to improve from yesterday with clear, bright skies. It's still a little chilly but the biting cold of winter is gone for good.

Their plan for locating Hargreave is still vague but they appear to have plenty of time. So, the next step in figuring it out is to follow up on a couple of the leads they do have.

That means visiting the temple of Pelor. It's a landmark on top of a hill with a prominent dome surrounded by stained glass windows on the walls. Thanks to the party's two different endorsements of assistance from the church of Pelor, they are quickly ushered into a rectory office.

There they meet with Brother Jason Colvin. He is an early middle-aged, fair-skinned human with balding temples indicating retreat by his short, light brown hair. The shelves in his office are overflowing with books of scripture and history.

He is shocked by the bag of onyx but quickly sends for funds to buy it off the group. Ultimately they get 2,000 GP for it, which is less than it's really worth, but the church is probably going to destroy it.

He seems informed of Hargreave's existence, probably via sending from one of the Pelorites the party has previously interacted with. He regrettably shares he hasn't heard anything new about the necromancer specifically.

And so, his face grim, the cleric asks:

"You think he is operating under our noses here?"

[Post 24]
Date : Apr 17 '23 3:10pm

"We have reason to believe that at the least an associate of his is nearby, possibly both of them.  What musings of necromancy nearby are you aware of?" The bard replies, not laying all the cards out.

[Post 25]
Date : Apr 25 '23 1:55pm

Jason's grim frown gradually turns to a thoughtful one.

"There is a reclusive religious scholar staying in our fair city..." he begins. As he elaborates, it becomes obvious he is repeating various unconfirmed rumors about "Selissa." Necromancy isn't the only rumor about her, so it wasn't taken too seriously--until now?

Just when it seems his response is heading for an apologetic shrug of an ending, the sack of onyx catches his eye again.

"An idea occurs, though it churns my stomach to suggest it. Could--carefully--seeking buyers for this help uncover anyone who might make use of it? I do not mean to actually part with it, of course."

[Post 26]
Date : Apr 25 '23 3:02pm

Varrik nods.  "Clever.  I like it.  We would ensure the onyx does not fall to malicious intent."

[Post 27]
Date : Apr 25 '23 3:42pm

"Might be safer t' palm off fake onyx if ya can, just in case.  One or two real ones on top an' the rest bein' coloured glass..." Black suggested with a shrug.  He then grinned "An' mebbe sneak a bauble in the sack fer trackin' or scryin' purposes."

[Post 28]
Date : Apr 29 '23 9:54pm

"Both are good additions." Jason agrees. "I would feel better not having a significant amount of onyx in danger of passing through the wrong hands."

[Post 29]
Date : May 6 '23 8:13am

Nasri listens along to the plan, and nods, lips pursed in consideration of the variables at play.

"Yes, that sounds wise. I doubt Hargreave is actually raising undead or doing anything blatantly illegal within the city limits - the last thing he or his associate would want to do is draw attention to themselves before their plans are mature. They are assuredly planning malfeasance, though, and that will include stocking up on necromantic material components." he says with a nod.

"As for a magical tracking device, the idea is sound in theory but turns out to be quite difficult in practice. Scrying depends on magical resonances caused by a creature's specific essence; you can't scry an object. I have learned the unique formulation of locate object we found in the Sluggards' mine, which might allow me to look for specific minerals like this onyx or something rare we drop in with it at a greater range than normal. As it stands, a detection radius of about 750 feet is a tedious way to search a city. I suppose flying back and forth over all of Grand Bank while concentrating on the divination might allow a reasonably thorough search..." he says, and begins doing calculations on how much of the city he could cover in nine minutes from the air.

[Post 30]
Date : May 6 '23 9:19pm

Nasri does some computations in his head. He believes the unique formulation of the spell will serve the intended purpose. There is a little bit of risk for false positives. However, the larger area will help cover the city more quickly.

The goblin wizard estimates his daily allotment of non-conjuration spells of the right order for Fly and Locate Object would suffice for scanning the city and its two gate towns.

This would tax a significant fraction of his magic for the day. But it seems quite doable.

Let's see if I got this right!

Normally it's 400'+40'/CL. We'll say this one is 500'+50/CL or 25% wider.

At 10th level that gives it a radius of 1000'. If Nasri flew in a straight line he would cover a rectangle of width 2000' and length however far he flew.

In 1 minute he can fly 1200' because Fly lets you double move but not run. In 10 minutes he can fly 12000'.

That means he covers 2.4E7 sqft or 0.86 sqmi with one casting of each. Minus a little bit for the brief time to cast Locate Object and ascend. I assume he walks from one sweep ending point to the next starting point. That way he minimizes time spent passing over the same ground with the spells active.

With 4 usable 2nd and 3rd level slots (the 5th has to be a Conjuration spell) he can cover well over 3 square miles. Even including the less-dense areas like the harbor peninsula and the docks, this will effectively sweep across the city.

(Seriously, even a metropolis like Faerûn's Waterdeep is only a few square miles according to its map... although it's very dense. Parallel-universe Nasri could go from the North Ward to the South Ward in one casting of Fly.)

It takes 40 minutes of flight time. Then add some time spent walking about 2000' in between each casting of Fly+Locate Object.

Combined, that's maybe 1 h 15 m.

Page 4

[Post 31]
Date : May 12 '23 10:50am

Nasri outlines the Locate Object / Fly sweep plan to his companions.

"It's a bit involved, but assuming we can get the bag into Hargreave's possession either with these specific stones or with a suitably rare mineral or alloy that the spell can find, we should be able to find where he is within a day. Then we can set up mundane surveillance, maybe Ynessa can tail him if he goes out, and plan an ambush." he says, shrugging. "Though I don't know if there are local laws about flying around above the city? Some places might get weird about that, I suppose," he says, looking to Jason for his knowledge of local ordinances.

[Post 32]
Date : May 13 '23 11:13pm

"Flying in a search grid above the city will turn some heads." Jason muses. "As I do not make a habit of flying about the city I can not say what formal rules there may be. If any exist, I am sure we can get you dispensation under the circumstances."

He thinks for a few moments longer.

"Do you have other business to attend to? If so, I can use that time to seek permission from the church to risk some of this onyx, and from the city to conduct your search unaccosted."

Indeed the party has ways to fill time. They still have some purchases and commissions to make which will not be immediate. Then there are at least two other leads they could follow up on.

[Post 33]
Date : May 28 '23 5:14pm

The party wraps up their meeting with Jason. They have other matters to attend to today and in the coming days. Meanwhile, he agrees to have the church safeguard the onyx and make nice with the local authorities about their plan.

With that off their list for now, the group proceeds to visit Davnan's shop. It's a little wooden storefront with a residence above. The front is a little cramped but there is clearly ample storage room in the back.

Davnan is in his early middle age, with hints of gray in his short, neatly trimmed beard. The floor behind the counter where he is working is raised to put him around human height. Behind him are shelves stuffed with scrolls and pouches and jars with labels like "newt eyes" and "halfling thistle."

The gnome is filling several small jars of of ruby dust from a larger one when the door opens. "Be right with you!" He announces after a glance. He finishes his work a few moments later and briefly slips into the back to stow it away. On returning, he looks over the group a second time.

"If you happen to need an Everburning Torch, I've just had the dust for a few delivered today." He says, gesturing behind him. "Otherwise... what can I help you with?"

OOC:
For the Pelorites, I skipped past your initial contact because the church is an established ally in your quest. This time you are approaching someone new, so I didn't.

Re-reposting relevant information for convenience:

Bashir continues his work. He drones on about Pelor and enlightenment and... just when it seems he will go on like this forever, he motions for the group to come look at the water.

"I believe I have pierced the nondetection." He sweeps one hand just above the surface of the water while intoning: Shining One, I pray you to show me the wicked one they call Hargreave.

Ripples waver across the surface for a moment. The cloudy gray water starts to swirl with pastel colors before focusing into a view of Hargreave:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/7f/4d/6d/7f4d6df66c4a587c262b83b481635f98--character-portraits-character-ideas.jpg

Standing across a counter from an apologetic looking gnomish man, mid-conversation. Bashir grins and, with quick motions of his hands, rotates the view to have a look around. The gnome is in his early middle age, with hints of gray in his short, neatly trimmed beard. The floor behind the counter where he is working is raised to put him at nearly the same height as Hargreave. Behind the gnome are shelves stuffed with scrolls and pouches and jars with labels like "newt eyes" and "halfling thistle."

There are beakers and bubbling glassware on one end of the counter, and piles of reagents and gems being weighed on a scale in the middle. The other end has ledgers and piles of papers on it, all written in Gnomish.

Because scrying only sees about ten feet in all directions, the view fades into a white void behind Hargreave; the group can't see the exit to the shop he seems to be in.

The gnome is speaking: "My friend, you just cleaned me out of almost all my muleweed pollen two months ago, what happened to it?"

"Never you mind." Hargreave replies curtly. "When will you have more?"

"I have a pinch left, but that's all. Working folk sometimes use it for their labors. Dockhands, farmers, and the like may have some."

"As for orticusp, well, you should ask a druid around midsummer... is something wrong?"

"Just a moment." Hargreave says grimly, turning to face the scrying's point of view. He frowns thoughtfully and his eyes flare with a cold blue light. "You're new." He mutters to himself while staring right up through the water.

"Oh." Bashir blinks as the necromancer makes eye contact with him. Hargreave reaches out an open hand. "Oh!" The priest quickly begins mumbling prayers while contorting his fingers in intricate gestures, shoring up weak points in his spell to try and keep it from--

Hargreave clenches his fist, and the view smashes to black. A wave of magical energy reverberates through the room like a thunderclap and sends Bashir stumbling backwards. The holy water quickly clears up, then the priest nervously dips one hand in it and blesses himself.

"He's strong." Bashir comments, wiping his brow with his other hand. "I think he saw me. But not the rest of you."

Belrana soon returns with copies of scrying as well as detect scrying. "I'll make another copy of each for you later, Master Merren." She says as she hands them to Nasri.

Vorjin nods absentmindedly, as he considers Black's description of what the group saw in their brief divination of Hargreave for a moment. Then, he responds.

"Hmm. Doesn't sound like a desert. That rules out Omskirk. Dockhands and a gnomish proprietor also makes me think of Grand Bank, so that is my first guess. It is the last port leading to the  highlands that is still in civilized hands. A couple who are family friends have a shop there--Davnan and his wife Nissa. I can send them a warning and ask if he has been there. It will take some minutes; excuse me."

He sets about doing that.

Belrana peers at the projected map on the table. She seems to know how to use it as well; bright blue paths trace along it as she speaks and gestures. "That's a long journey. At least a week from here into the valley. Then keep going west, through the Galena mountains--shorter distance, but tougher terrain--and then north along the coast. Or up the rest of the valley, over the Iron Hills, and then west along the highlands. The first way, you'll definitely run into goblins and dwarves. The second way, you might see giants if they keep expanding. Either path will take some time."

[Post 34]
Date : May 30 '23 6:11pm

Before entering, Varrik asks a question of the arcanist in their presence.  "Remidn me, what are orcisucp and muleweed for?"

[Post 35]
Date : Jun 6 '23 4:07pm

The group previously discussed the ordinary uses of muleweed pollen. It's a substitute spell component for bull's strength. It's also used by laborers as a source of temporary strength, though it dulls the mind during that time and can be mildly addictive.

Orticusp is rare and its uses are obscure. With time and access to Hargreave's notes, Nasri has learned it's an ingredient in night venom, a sedative sometimes added to poisons. It seems like Hargreave needed to be put under for at least part of the ritual to attain lichdom.

[Post 36]
Date : Jun 11 '23 12:34pm

Despite the fact that Davnan is a tricksy gnome, Nasri's friendship with Belrana and his respect for her master Vorjin gives him the wherewithal to at least attempt politeness.

"Good day to you, Master Davnan," he says, using his most polite tone. "We're all set for everburning torches, thank you. We were actually directed to you by your family friend, Master Vorjin Merren. He contacted you on our behalf some time ago about a customer of yours, a human wizard with purple tattoos and an unpleasant personality."

[Post 37]
Date : Jun 11 '23 1:25pm

For now, the mercenary kept quiet, idly glancing around the shelves and items as if he were but a bored sellsword.  Still, when Nasri made his inquiry, the Bastard eyed Davnan coolly, curious to see how the shopkeeper might react and respond...

Taking 10 on Sense Motive for a total of 20...

[Post 38]
Date : Jun 11 '23 1:26pm

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/2e/d6/882ed6c990135e0f024a4ab98214cbef.jpgAbrecan keeps at the back as the enter the shop. He can't quite remember if this herbalist is in league with the necromancer or just an innocent supplier. Regardless, it doesn't hurt to stay vigilant, the dwarf muses to himself. And perhaps even find some interesting plants. Out in the wild he had found mushrooms with bland taste, but very likable effects.

[Post 39]
Date : Jun 11 '23 2:26pm

https://i.imgur.com/yv5N9NV.jpg[/IMG]"]Ynessa decides a different approach. As the group slips into the business, she herself uses her hide in plain sight to enter the shop and simply observe. Even after the conversion concludes, she continues to observe the man, curious if he decides to do something suspicious after the party leaves.

Take 10 Hide/MS: 32/32
1d20+17z, 1d20+17z

[Post 40]
Date : Jun 17 '23 3:33pm

Ynessa practically disappears into thin air while the rest of the party's entrance distracts the gnome for a moment.

Davnan's face changes as Nasri speaks. At first he is listening politely to a potential new customer. Then he perks up momentarily at Vorjin Merren's name. That expression freezes and slowly fades as the goblin describes Hargreave.

"I hope Vorjin is well." Davnan replies, regaining composure. A deep breath: "Yes. I know of whom you speak.."

His next words are apologetic: "I'm not sure how much use I am to you. His visits have been irregular. And I don't know where to find him."Black thinks here is a man who just wants to avoid any trouble with anyone. He has a comfortable life but sometimes dangerous customers. Getting useful information out of him might be a little slow if he wants to avoid getting caught in the mix between a group of heavily-armed adventurers and a power-mad necromancer.

Page 5

[Post 41]
Date : Jun 25 '23 8:18am

Varrik takes out a pair of dice and tosses them into the air and then steps forward.  He gauges the man's truthfulness and replies, Impovising some.  "I see.  It's vitally important that we find this man, have you no clue as to where he may be, or how to find him?"

Improvisation Sense Motive Take 10 for 14+5, Diplomacy 17+5

[Post 42]
Date : Jul 8 '23 7:35pm

"...I see." Davnan replies after a pregnant pause. "I'm happy to offer what little assistance I can."

The gnome stops again, this time for recollection. "It's been a week since he was here last."

After the party scried on him. That indicates he's continued to stay around or at least visit this city.

"I do not know where exactly he resides. But, in a general sense, I have a thought on where he goes..."

OOC:
Black and Varrik both think: Here is a man who just wants to avoid any trouble with anyone. He has a comfortable life but sometimes dangerous customers. He probably wants to avoid getting caught in the mix between a group of heavily-armed adventurers and a power-mad necromancer... even if he agrees the necromancer is a danger.

Davnan has enough of a Spellcraft mod to recognize the 1st level spell Improvisation being cast openly in front of him moments before an attempt at persuasion. The resulting increase in DC somewhat offsets the boost to the roll. But the roll did turn out pretty well. (Also: The spell lasts 1 round/caster level. That means 10 rounds or 1 minute. A non-rushed Diplomacy check coincidentally takes the same amount of time. So, it's now expired.)

After all this, Davnan seems to be dangling some things that are true and moderately helpful to get the party off his case without putting a big target on his back. Black especially thinks he's about to be less specific than he could be.

[Post 43]
Date : Jul 12 '23 1:34pm

"Anything you can provide would be helpful.  We will be sure that your name is never mentioned, of course.

[Post 44]
Date : Jul 14 '23 12:55pm

"How 'bout that elven gilly girl he likes t' play chess with then?" suggested Black.  The hint of a idle grin played across the mercenary's face.  "Ya know anythin' about her?"

[Post 45]
Date : Jul 16 '23 7:55am

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/2e/d6/882ed6c990135e0f024a4ab98214cbef.jpgAbrecan leaves the perusing of herbs now that his companions have disclosed the nature of their visit to the proprietor and readies, just in case the gnome needs some convincing to talk.

[Post 46]
Date : Jul 25 '23 7:43pm

Davnan seizes on the chance to talk about someone else. "An elf? There aren't very many here. Tell me more about her."

He nods along with the description anyone gives him, especially if they mention her assumed name. "Selissa? Hm. Yes. I know of her."

He doesn't seem to regard her and Hargreave as an item by the tone of his voice. But he does offer this:

"It would be easier for me to make you acquaintances than usual. The Springrites are imminent and the elves will be more sociable. Some of my clients place me in the outer ring of high society."

"The elves in our fair city are a tight-knit bunch. And none of of you are elven yourselves." Davnan points out. The second part is not true but he is unaware of Ynessa's supernaturally stealthy presence. "Outside of the Springrites festivities, your chances would be better at the temple of Corellon." He suggests. Everyone knows the deity, of course. Creator of elves and partner of Sehanine Moonbow. Black saw the place during his part of the city scouting the party split up for. It's a narrow but sleek building near a wealthy neighborhood, with an alabaster spire and flowering gardens.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the party departs. Ynessa remains behind to stalk Davnan for a while. Moments after the others have left, he retrieves a little whirligig from the back of his shop. It could be mistaken for a gnomish children's toy. He opens the door and whispers into it:

Your ruby dust is ready, as are the herbs and oils for Hallow. I met a bard if you still need another. Human, though. Davnan.

The contraption swirls, creating a stir in the air that departs towards the alabastar spire of the temple of Corellon.

He nervously taps the device, indecisive over whether to activate it again. Finally, he does so. This one is shorter, unsigned, and more cryptic:

Gum arabic in stock if needed.

The breeze darts out into the air, ascending past the rooftops and zipping to parts unknown.

OOC:

The destination of the first whispering wind is obvious. The second one less so. Ynessa could try and Listen to follow it. It is quieter than a whisper until activating the message, a modest distance up in the air, and there is city background noise... but her Listen bonus is substantial!

It moves at about 6 mph. That's not a run. However, keeping up with it from the ground requires running around corners etc. That makes hiding much more difficult (-20). It might be a challenge to keep pace without being seen.

Faelwen Galadhrineth

oxana-reshetina-mask.jpg.c1e12c905ecf1f1f939ee71cec4b0046.jpgYnessa Nightswallow HP: 36/56 Saves: Fort 4, Ref 9, Will 5  AC: 21, 12(touch), 19(flat-footed)
Initiative: 2, Speed: 30, DD: 22, Search: +24, Spot: +17, Listen: +17, Hide: +20, MS: +20, OL: 20

Ynessa seemed hesitant at first, but she believed that once she left the shop, nobody would pay much attention to someone following a secret message. Deciding to see where it is going, Ynessa tries to keep up with it.

Name
Hide(-20) & MS
6; 30
1d20;1d20+20 [6]; [6,10]

Ynessa moves swiftly to keep pace with the rustling in the air. She hustles through alleys and darts across streets. Unfortunately this denies her time to merge with the shadows along the way. Therefore, her passing is much more noticeable than she is used to. At least it's a busy day in the city; she isn't the only person rushing somewhere. It isn't until the end of the journey that someone really takes notice.

That occurs when she and the wind arrive at its destination. It descends to ramshackle scaffolding on a building that seems to have been abandoned mid-construction in an unsavory neighborhood near the docks. A young adult male halfling is perched in an ideal lookout spot. She makes him out to be a member of the Sea Dogs, one of the two rival thieves' guilds in the city that she discovered earlier.

He perks up at attention while listening to the message. At the same time, he regards Ynessa's sudden, simultaneous arrival with suspicion. Though initially spotted due to her haste, Ynessa vastly outclasses him as a spy. She can easily lose him and regroup with the party.

Faelwen Galadhrineth

oxana-reshetina-mask.jpg.c1e12c905ecf1f1f939ee71cec4b0046.jpgYnessa Nightswallow HP: 36/56 Saves: Fort 4, Ref 9, Will 5  AC: 21, 12(touch), 19(flat-footed)
Initiative: 2, Speed: 30, DD: 22, Search: +24, Spot: +17, Listen: +17, Hide: +20, MS: +20, OL: 20

Ynessa catches up to the party and relays that things from the merchant seem to be up and up. "One thing of note, the merchant informed on of the thieves guild, Sea Dogs that he had "Gum arabic" in stock, if that matters."

She fiddles a bit though and says, "I was spotted briefly, but managed to lose the halfling that was keeping watch."

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

"So, whaddya think then, lads?" Black took in Ynessa's report with an arched brow. "Tippin' off Hargreave or someone else to our little 'visit' an' we should expect 'company'? Or mebbe just another client on the sly he's doin' business with?"

Abrecan lets out a deep growl before speaking up. "Seems the gnome can't be trusted, then. Still, it sounds weird if he coded the message so."

The dwarf shrugs. "Anywho, it was a good thing you stuck around to snoop while we left, Ynessa. Good work!" he commends their spy.