Catch & Release - Part 0: Master Roderic's Office

Veradux

Dwarf.jpg.4810802eed2afc91636c9a634d9923f6.jpg
Statblock

Jord'Dyn Gammel
M LG Dwarven Kineticist, Level 2, Init 5, HP 21/21, Speed 30ft
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 14, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Dagger +4 (1d4, 19-20x2)
Heavy Crossbow +4 (1d10, 19-20x2)
Earthen Blast +4 (1d6+4, 20x2)
MST Chain Shirt (+4 Armor)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 8
Condition Flesh of Stone: DR 2/Adamantine, +3 CL when Suppressed
Non-Lethal Damage 2
Burn

If only speed wasn't necessary they could avoid this whole boat nonsense. "Aye, I suppose we should get this trip over with. How long would this trip take on foot?" Jord'Dyn looks hesitant on how to embark the boat and suddenly drops in. "Don't you worry about the oars, I'm sure I can figure them out." He grabs onto the oars, moving them in the air as if testing them.

• 2 weeks later...
To the Water, and the "Captain" - ~10am

Safiyrra's once-over of the little boat makes her question it more. It's seaworthy - if one considers Navel Lake's calm waters a sea - and would be fine even on the warmer coasts out west, but with only a single pair of oars she wonders about its speed.

"Takes about two weeks on foot. Maybe ten days if you're fast. Done it myself, just to see if I could. A good horse at a canter the whole way could pull it off in... Six? Five? Maybe even four or three if you're not one for animal welfare." Now on the semi-open water near the docks, Jan unfurls the sail and draws a cutlass. "You thinkin' he just left town and never even went? Sure would be a waste if that happened."

With a lax swing of his sword, a slight breeze formed and shoved the boat into truly open water. Saffiyra's assumption about magical assistance turned out to be right.

"Call it a hunch, but if that happened he would've been caught in the next town over and you wouldn't be worrying about him. Any other travel questions as I start pushing?"

The late morning sun was soft today. The boat was already moving swifter than anticipated, but as Jan asked for questions specific to the destination, he locked the rudder and gave a harsh swing of his sword, the breeze becoming an audible blast of wind filling the sails. The warm sun was quickly cooled by the rush of wind as Jan kept his sword pointed forward. It seems like his boast about speed was not truly a boast after all.

• 3 weeks later...

spacer.png
Statblock

Charlie
F CG Human (orc) Gun Chemist Alchemist, Level 2, Init 3, HP 19/19, Speed 30ft
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 14, Fort 5, Ref 6, Will 0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Dragon Pistol +5 vs touch (1d6, x4, 15 feet)
Dragon Pistol Cone +3 vs touch (1d6, x4 15 foot cone)
Ordinance N/A (1d6+4)
Dagger +4 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
MST Chain Shirt (+4 Armor)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 8
Conditions Ordinance 6/6

"I suppose that's what we're to find out. At any rate that matter is secondary to the assignment he was to complete," Charlie muses aloud. It was a good point, if Burbage just skipped out on the assignment he should have been caught. And overland travel would have been quite slow by comparison. But he had to have gone that route, seeing as the alternative didn't happen.

They'd have to see once they got to Outsmuth. Regardless she didn't have further questions before setting out, and indicates as much.