OOC Thread

Llyarden

Ok, so... Technically no. The effect works like the True Seeing spell, except as an extraordinary ability.

I could gain the ability to do so, though Velras did use a detect magic effect. If he detected magic and I need it, I can activate my Spiritualism ability to gain access to that talent. Otherwise I'd have to be able to touch person or object to detect magic.

Okay that's fine, I just wanted to check.

Zella

To your keen senses, the staircase seems exactly as it appears to you all - a little worn with age, but well-maintained and sound.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry, to be honest I've kinda been struggling for motivation for this game for a while. From the fact that only half the party have posted I'm gonna guess I'm not the only one.

To be fair, while I like my character, she's a bit complicated overall. Partly due to the open-ended nature, and the combination of Spheres and PoW. I'm curious to see how she handles in a fight, but we've had some initial scouting and not a lot of progression so far.

Then, of course it's hard to maintain motivation with only a couple posts every few months. Not blaming anyone in particular, I've been complicit in that myself. I'm not sure what the fix for that is.

Yeah, I suspected that was the case, but figured I'd give a poke just in case anyone was still motivated to continue.

I really like my character and am still intrigued by the game premise. I've always liked the idea of an urban-based campaign that focuses on a single city. Oh well.

I don't mind a slow pace myself, but in forum games like this it's definitely true that any slowdown in posting seems to breed more slowdowns. In my experience, things can get back on track if the GM commits to making posts on a regular schedule, even if the whole party hasn't responded yet. Eventually, everyone either gets back into the rhythm or drops out (which sounds bad, but it means we're not waiting on people who have already checked out). The only problem is that that requires motivation from the GM, which can be in short supply when you're not seeing a lot of enthusiasm from the players.

For my part, I'm still enthusiastic about the game. It took me forever to build Khefu, and it would be a shame to wrap things up without getting to take him out for a proper test-drive. I was curious how he'd stack up as a vanilla character without any Spheres or PoW stuff to him. That said, if you're not enjoying running the game, then it is what it is.

I feel like I was one of the main reasons we've done a lot of faffing about and no real progress, since I was the main one pushing the slow paced "tactical" approach. If we'd just buffed up and kicked in the door, the game might not have petered out the way it did. If so, then sorry for my contribution in robbing the game of it's momentum.