Night time chats (IC)

Shocker

Sviga lævi - Vala Hel | ᚢᚨᛚᚨ∶ᚺᛖᛚ spacer.png

token_1.png.a0685da6a0bb5fda50b0f8d31b1534f9.png

ᚺᛖᛚ - Paladin I (Vengeance)
"The starving raven tells of Hel"

checked-shield.svg AC (18) sprint.svg Initiative (+2) Speed (30 ft.)
health-normal.svg HP (12/12) awareness.svg PP (12) dodging.svg LH (5/5)

invisible.svg Status: Normal

Saves & Abilities

Saving throws: Str (3) Dex (-1) Con (2) Int (-1) Wis (1) Cha (5).
Unarmed attack: 1d20+5, (4).
Abilities: Divine sense, lay on hands.

When the watch started, Vala was just done brushing her hair; the door creaked as she made her way outside. As she did so, the clouds parted to shine a single shaft of light onto her face.

She sighed with expectation as she looked at the sky (positively).

The paladin had had brought a pair of chairs, one for herself and another for her companion, she wasn’t quite sure who’d accompany her. Still, seeking to adjust to the weather of that night, she started patrolling the perimeter. She was singing, yet attentive to her surroundings. If close by, you could hear the words she whispered... "(...) don't walk through the garden of the savage... ♪ ♬ ♫"

Teifling3.jpg.b6c0564771e84f63459a7d8ba6ecbce3.jpg

MAKARIA : 

The Sorceress of Hlal

AC: 13* | Hp: 8* Speed: 30 ft.

Draconic ancestry: Brass & Fire resistance. *Draconic resilience trait's. read/write/speak Draconic.

Asmodeous bloodline: *Intelligence increase & Thaumaturgy cantrip. read/write/speak infernal.

Makaria; heard someone singing to herself it was the Paladin Vala. She agreed to taking the next night watch; darkness wasn't going to be an issue for her she kind of embraced it. Seeing the chair next to her there was a slight chill in the night air crickets chirping in synch.

"Hello there; you seem happy I'm afraid I didn't recognise that tune you were quietly humming. I wonder if we might encounter more of those Manticores out here,"? she asked with casual conversation.

Her short crossbow tucked under cape; not that they would be of much use out in the wild. Provided she could still speak and gesture with her hands it need not matter; she knew sometimes a firebolt or ray of frost would suffice in getting her out of sticky situations. She trusted the Paladin strange enough and her heart seemed to be in the right place.

token_1.png.a0685da6a0bb5fda50b0f8d31b1534f9.png

Saves & Abilities

@Dorik Hello there; you seem happy I'm afraid I didn't recognise that tune you were quietly humming

Ah yes~, said Vala turning to Makaria. The song itself is nearly a parable; and covering her mouth as if she was gossiping, added, care to know its meaning?

She then gestured an invitation to take a walk, as to go on patrolling.

... It tells us of someone in love, in love with themself.
Unable to satisfy their cravings, they've gone frenzy.
A blinding rage kicked-in.
They must wake up and come to their senses,
Or they will be stripped before the world.

@Dorik I wonder if we might encounter more of those Manticores out here?

Can you guess? Vala eyes glinted with mischief when she heard the question, pausing briefly, would you resent the murdered and the absence of your partner? ... This needle witnessed the birth of a newly unrequited love, and surely holds an untold wish of retaliation. And producing the manticore’s needle she portrayed being stabbed in the heart by it.

Violence may lead to supreme authority, yet it oftentimes does, by the hand of conceit. I believe a potential ally died today, but if fire burns down to ashes everything to produce life anew, let that be our victory.

Vala made room for Makaria’s reply, and keeping up the conversation she also added:

How did you get these horns, is it because of your alleged draconic ancestry? She referring to her words at the stagecoach, when Makaria herself doubted it.

Teifling3.jpg.c816640f3c1b5b28b528be92ca9a3c06.jpg

MAKARIA : 

The Sorceress of

Draconic ancestry: Brass & Fire resistance. *Draconic resilience trait's. read/write/speak Draconic.

Asmodeous bloodline: *Intelligence increase & Thaumaturgy cantrip. read/write/speak infernal.

Makaria; accepted the invitation to follow the Paladin then heard the meaning of the song been given. "Interesting thought you believe a potential ally was killed today the Manticore known by some as a man eater. Fire has that ability to transform whatever it touches into another form. The horns begin to grow during the adolescent stage but finish growing in the late teens. No not because of my draconic heritage but that of a demon named Asmodeus. If you notice my skin is made up of tiny small scales; that is because of a Brass Dragon," she answered.

"What is your story Vala? have you discovered your chosen path as ordained by the gods? or Devils in the case of myself? Or have you decide to forge your own destiny instead much like myself. I'm born out of a magical cataclysm that occurred in my world; left to fend for myself in this world," she said walking with her.

token_3.png.a3b4688ee43b9513cceed293a1cbaf39.png

Saves & Abilities

Well, she said. I think the creature was but a victim of the Dragon. I’m sure that after our display of might, the monster would have (at least considered) standing neutral.

Putting away the needle, Vala held her chest and muttered.

My story, huh… In contrast with yours, which refers to a cataclysm, mine originates from deliberate acts which mostly shaped from atrocity.

Her mind wandered for a second.

The start itself, could be confusing. It was for me, I tell you… but the beginning is the beginning.

The memoirs of early life seem to evoke the growing pain I had to pay for perfection… born at Menzoberranzan to the masters of guile and treachery, to those who fed off the sorrow, torment and curse of others… Prior and after “my exodus”, I reminisce of myself being ripped apart. I recall the eyes of many enraptured in fear as they witnessed their dismissal from this world, as mere sacrifices to fuel the ambition and conceit of my predecessors… narcissism was their motivation, death was the challenge to overcome; the more this repeated, the more their ideal warped from a lofty dream into an increasingly possible reality.

With a deep sigh, Vala continued telling of her past, telling you of the blood that runs in her veins.

At certain moment, a primordial “plucked me away” from home, and tarnished I roamed an unknown land. I spent a while devoid of the world... until I understood that the only way out, was through, that the path was “going through hell” … I concluded that sometimes, to ascend you must first descend.

Perhaps the most important lesson learned, was that impurity inhibits the cure; thus, I transcended, I received a breath of new life. Then I realized that I was crossed by my kin, robbed by them, and this is when I took my Vow of Vengeance…

Finally, referring to her comments, she also added:
@Dorik So, do you know your parents? And, are those scales the same as those of the "good" dragon you met before? Vala asked in amazement.

spacer.pngGilavar Oakhallow | High Elven Rogue | HP 10/10

Saves & Abilities

AC (Leather) 14 | Initiative +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | Perception +5 | Investigation +4 | Insight +1

Speed: 30 ft | Saves: Str +0 | Dex +5 | Con +2 | Int +4 | Wis +1 | Cha +0

Attacks: Shortsword +5, Piercing 1d6+3 | Shortbow +5, (80/320) Piercing 1d6+3 | Sneak Attack +1d6

Stealth +7 | Acrobatics +5 | Sleight of Hand +5 | Survival +3 | Athletics +2

The tiefling awakes Gilavar from his cross-legged trance to relieve her watch. The elf stands up and stretches watching Vala awake the red-haired lady who he had pulled for watch together. The four chit-chatted that there wasn't anything threatening outside and the best places to sit and pace.

After grabbing a snack and full waterskin, he heads outside the windmill letting the tiefling and Vala settle to sleep. He finds a comfortable perch and waits for the red-haired lady to come outside.

@tyrtaeus

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

Teifling3.jpg.d7de05dd2c5ee9e36134e607ea9c07ce.jpg

MAKARIA : 

The Sorceress of Hlal.

"

5 hours ago, Siryuu said:

So, do you know your parents? And, are those scales the same as those of the "good" dragon you met before? Vala asked in amazement.

"No unfortunately I never knew my parents; I was told by another Tiefling Oracle there is a myth or tale widely circulated among our kind. That Devils came down to this plane of existence to have affairs with the races of this world. She looked into my soul my mind and said she had seen my past in a vision; my mother was an Elven Druid; my father a human Ranger. One hunt that would be his last; this devil killed him after luring him into a hunt for game meat; and took his form. Tricking her and sleeping with her; I was born and abandoned. The magical cataclysm occurred when I was an adolescent and teleported me here into this realm."

"You are correct it was a brass coloured dragon she bestowed the same coloured scales in miniature all over my body. In an act of mercy. It was the first and last time I would see the goddess Hlal in her dragon form," she replied.

Edited by Dorik (see edit history)

Saves & Abilities

6 hours ago, Dorik said:

(...) She replied.

The paladin had anticipated a different reaction from the Tiefling; seeing she was half a devil, she expected Makaria to be interested in a more graphical description of the events surrounding her origins. But it seemed this Tiefling was of a finer caste, and of assertive nature. Vala had questions, but kept listening...
6 hours ago, Dorik said:

The magical cataclysm occurred when I was an adolescent and teleported me here into this realm

She jumped at Makaria’s remarks, and almost spoke aloud: so, you belong to another plane of existence? or just somewhere far, far away? In the end she managed keeping her tone down, but filled of raw amazement, she awaited confirmation.

It’s funny, she said, two lives as different as ours are still underlined by similar defining moments. She was referring to their heritages, of the darkest lineage, and to being subjected to drift away from their realms. I can’t but help thinking: This is not accidental, nor is it trivial... By the way, In spite of what I told you, my life isn't tragic, and I surmise it's the same for you.

6 hours ago, Dorik said:

You are correct it was a brass coloured dragon (...)

I do find your skin most intriguing, can I see it more closely? can I touch it? She was already poking Makaria’s arm, and at the same time she said, do you think this Dragon was your ancestor? I don't think dragons need be evil, but they're so different from us... You probably made an impression on them, as to receive such a gift.

Teifling3.jpg.a40f0ef55110922827f3f6362db3a2c7.jpg

MAKARIA : 

The Sorceress of Hlal.

On 9/7/2023 at 4:17 PM, Siryuu said:

At certain moment, a primordial “plucked me away” from home, and tarnished I roamed an unknown land. I spent a while devoid of the world... until I understood that the only way out, was through, that the path was “going through hell” … I concluded that sometimes, to ascend you must first descend.

"I agree with you and I guess I'm a product of that magical cataclysm; forced into servitude as an outcast for a time in hell. Asmodeus was responsible back then transforming me from being a Half Elf half human into that of a Tiefling," She said.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:39 AM, Siryuu said:

I do find your skin most intriguing, can I see it more closely? can I touch it? She was already poking Makaria’s arm, and at the same time she said, do you think this Dragon was your ancestor? I don't think dragons need be evil, but they're so different from us... You probably made an impression on them, as to receive such a gift.

"No; Hlal isn't my ancestor and she wasn't evil an encounter with a ended in a bargain for my release of servitude. Mind you she was impressed by the fact that I both befriended and helped save a half dragon. She has little tolerance for bullies and tyrants; especially among tribal war-like humans. Those that have little regard for outcasts like myself a Tiefing or a half dragon you see. You may touch my skin if you like? I received this gift from her after our encounter you see," she added; extending her bare arm for her to take a closer look at her tiny scales.

Edited by Dorik (see edit history)

On 9/7/2023 at 7:41 AM, JubalBreakbottle said:

Saves & Abilities

AC (Leather) 14 | Initiative +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | Perception +5 | Investigation +4 | Insight +1

Attacks: Shortsword +5, Piercing 1d6+3 | Shortbow +5, (80/320) Piercing 1d6+3 | Sneak Attack +1d6

The tiefling awakes Gilavar from his cross-legged trance to relieve her watch. The elf stands up and stretches watching Vala awake the red-haired lady who he had pulled for watch together. The four chit-chatted that there wasn't anything threatening outside and the best places to sit and pace.

After grabbing a snack and full waterskin, he heads outside the windmill letting the tiefling and Vala settle to sleep. He finds a comfortable perch and waits for the red-haired lady to come outside.

@tyrtaeus

token_1(5).png.2b95751388080bca58e2ac5ed304bf2d.pngKatya Evermoon | Circle of the Moon Druid | Human

AC: 12  | HP: 11/11 | Speed: 30 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 20, Insight 15, Investigation 19
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Stealth: +2
Sleight of Hand: +2
:
 14 | CONScore: -19 | INTScore: +2
Arcana: +2
History: +4
Investigation: +2
Nature: +4
Religion: +2
:
 14 | WISScore: +3

Animal Handling: +3
Insight: +3
Medicine: +5
Perception: +5
Survival: +3
:
 16 | CHAScore: +2

Deception: +2
Intimidation: +2
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +4
:

Languages: Common, Elvish, Draconic, Druidic

FeatsObservantQuick to notice details of your environment, you gain the following benefits:

Increase your Intelligence or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
If you can see a creature's mouth while it is speaking a language you understand, you can interpret what it's saying by reading its lips.
You have a +5 bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) and passive Intelligence (Investigation) scores.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a Druid spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared
Wild ShapeStarting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest.

Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesn't have a flying or swimming speed.
You can stay in a beast shape for a number of hours equal to half your druid level (rounded down). You then revert to your normal form unless you expend another use of this feature. You can revert to your normal form earlier by using a bonus action on your turn. You automatically revert if you fall unconscious, drop to 0 hit points, or die.

While you are transformed, the following rules apply:

Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature's bonus instead of yours. If the creature has any legendary or lair actions, you can't use them.
When you transform, you assume the beast's hit points and Hit Dice. When you revert to your normal form, you return to the number of hit points you had before you transformed. However, if you revert as a result of dropping to 0 hit points, any excess damage carries over to your normal form, For example, if you take 10 damage in animal form and have only 1 hit point left, you revert and take 9 damage. As long as the excess damage doesn't reduce your normal form to 0 hit points, you aren't knocked unconscious.
You can't cast spells, and your ability to speak or take any action that requires hands is limited to the capabilities of your beast form. Transforming doesn't break your concentration on a spell you've already cast, however, or prevent you from taking actions that are part of a spell, such as Call Lightning, that you've already cast.
You retain the benefit of any features from your class, race, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so. However, you can't use any of your special senses, such as darkvision, unless your new form also has that sense.
You choose whether your equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. Worn equipment functions as normal, but the DM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of equipment, based on the creature's shape and size. Your equipment doesn't change size or shape to match the new form, and any equipment that the new form can't wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no effect until you leave the form.

Circle Form: MoonThe rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1. You ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there.

Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down.

Combat Wild ShapeCombat Wild Shape
Wild CompanionAt 2nd level, you gain the ability to summon a spirit that assumes an animal form: as an action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to cast the Find Familiar spell, without material components.

When you cast the spell in this way, the familiar is a fey instead of a beast, and the familiar disappears after a number of hours equal to half your druid level.

| ActionsWeaponATTACK: -
RANGE: -
MAGIC BONUS: -
CRIT RANGE: -
DAMAGE: -
TYPE: -
DESCRIPTION: -

| SpellsCantrips
GuidanceGuidance
Divination Cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: One willing creature
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Description:You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one ability check of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making the ability check. The spell then ends.

DruidcraftDruidcraft
Transmutation Cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Target: See text
Components: V,S
Duration: Instantaneous
Description: Whispering to the spirits of nature, you create one of the following effects within range: You create a tiny, harmless sensory effect that predicts what the weather will be at your location for the next 24 hours. The effect might manifest as a golden orb for clear skies, a cloud for rain, falling snowflakes for snow, and so on. This effect persists for 1 round. You instantly make a flower blossom, a seed pod open, or a leaf bud bloom. You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as falling leaves, a puff of wind, the sound of a small animal, or the faint odor of skunk. The effect must fit in a 5-foot cube. You instantly light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.

Level 1 <3/3>
Speak with Animals
Cure Wounds
Entangle
Detect Magic

Katya rubs her eyes blearily as she follows the serious Elf outside to relieve Makaria and Vala of their watch. Up until recently, the thought of waking up in such a manner throughout the night would have been scandalous, but these circumstances could be added to the growing list of experiences she never could have imagined finding herself in. The report of the previous watch was expectedly empty, something for which the Princess was quite glad to hear. Though she had taken a short rest, her magical capacity remained woefully spent. She watches Gilavar leave while quickly making herself one more cup of Adabras special blend before she follows his footsteps, finding him seated comfortably, waiting for her. Her breath is visible in the cool night air, and she pulls her jacket a little more tightly around her, not yet cold, but anticipating it, holding both hands around the steaming tea.

"The night is so still, it feels so... Unreal out here in the wilderness. I cannot fathom how Ms Gwynn feels comfortable so far away from it all"

As she expresses her feelings, she looks over her companion-to-be for the next few hours, feeling as though the sentiment may not be shared. Her experience with Elves had been limited purely to meetings of diplomatic nature whereupon real thoughts and feelings did not exist, and the Elves were remarkable for their capacity to put their selves aside for the greater good of their interest. The pragmatism displayed by the Elven diplomats had always bewitched her, made her feel as though her own skills as a mediator were sorely lacking.

"Though I suppose you don't see stars like this anywhere else"

spacer.png

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)

Saves & Abilities

On 9/8/2023 at 7:54 PM, Dorik said:
I agree with you and I guess I'm a product of that magical cataclysm (...) transforming me from being a Half Elf half human into that of a Tiefling (...)
Metaphorically, right? For when the demon supplanted your mother's lover, the monster twisted your fate, shaping you into a Tiefling... Vala was wrapping her head around Makaria's story; but the part of the savages also picked her interest... Then you've lived as a slave?
She talked as she examined Makaria's arm. Before Vala’s eyes, her skin glinted like gold under the rays of the moon and the stars. What did you gain with this? Can I make armor with it? She was playfully asking about the use of the Tiefling’s gifts.

Saves & Abilities

It was the first conversation that he had had with the red-haired woman. Her question puzzles him. "um. They are more or less the same. The constellations move throughout the year. We could see them when we camped near a clearing of the woods."

"They really only change near bigger settlements that maintain a lot of light during the night."

After a comfortable pause, he continues, "I take it this is your first time away from home, too?"

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

Teifling3.jpg.ea2175e2e8974cb08d667fe82942abcb.jpg

MAKARIA : 

The Sorceress of Hlal.

23 hours ago, Siryuu said:

Then you've lived as a slave?
She talked as she examined Makaria's arm. Before Vala’s eyes, her skin glinted like gold under the rays of the moon and the stars. What did you gain with this? Can I make armour with it? She was playfully asking about the use of the Tiefling’s gifts.

Makaria, had a serious look momentarily and a glint of sadness could be seen in the corner of her eye.
"Yes, unfortunately in a sense I guess that is why Hlal had that moment of compassion and rescued me. As for making armour with the tiny scales it I don't think so; I see it more as a gift for me. For a warrior such as yourself the armour is minimal at best; but for a Sorcerer like myself its a bonus. But I've been also granted fire resistance. You must be a great paladin and as such has taken an oath; not something to be taken lightly I presume,"? she said.