Chapter IV: On the Road

Gregorotto

5rqfzpE.png

Wendy
Level 4 Goblin Urchin Druid (Circle of the Moon)

AC: 17 (Dex 2 + Leather 11 + Shield 2 + Dragon Helm 2) | HP: 32/32 | HD: 4/4d8 | Speed: 30 ft.

STR: 10 (+0) | DEX: 15 (+2) | CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 12 (+1) | WIS: 18 (+4) | CHA: 8 (–1)

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15, passive Investigation 11

More Traits, Features, and Abilities

Proficiencies

Languages. Common (from race), Goblin (from race), and Druidic (See “Class Features”)

Tools. disguise kit, herbalism kit, painter’s supplies

Armor. light armor, medium armor, shields (druids will not wear armor or use shields made of metal)

Weapons. clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears

Racial Features

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws you make to avoid or end the Charmed condition on yourself.

Fury of the Small. (1/1) Fury of the Small. When you damage a creature with an attack or a spell and the creature’s size is larger than yours, you can cause the attack or spell to deal extra damage to the creature. The extra damage equals your proficiency bonus.

You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, regaining all expended uses when you finish a long rest, and you can use it no more than once per turn.

Nimble Escape. You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of your turns.

Background Feature

City Secrets. You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Class Features

Druidic. You know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message’s presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can’t decipher it without magic.

Spellcasting. Wendy is a 4rd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 14, +6 to hit with spell attacks). She can prepare up to 6 druid spells. She has the following druid spells prepared:

Cantrips (at will): control flames, primal pavagery, shape water, shillelagh
1st level (4/4 slots): cure wounds, entangle, good berry, healing word
2nd level (3/3 slots): enlarge/reduce, moonbeam

Cantrips

control flames, shape water, shillelagh

1st Level

absorb elements, animal friendship, beast bond, charm person, create or destroy water, cure wounds, detect magic, detect poison and disease, earth tremor, entangle, faerie fire, fog cloud, goodberry, healing word, ice knife, jump, longstrider, protection from evil and good, purify food and drink, snare, speak with animals, thunderwave

2nd Level

air bubble, animal messenger, augury, barkskin, beast sense, continual flame, darkvision, dust devil, earthbind, enhance ability, enlarge/reduce, find traps, flame blade, flaming sphere, gust of wind, healing spirit, heat metal, hold person, lesser restoration, locate animals or plants, locate object, moonbeam, pass without trace, protection from poison, skywrite, spike growth, summon beast, warding wind, wither and bloom

Druid Circle. At 2nd level, you choose to identify with a circle of druids from the list of available circles. Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level.

Combat Wild Shape. You gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action.

Circle Forms. The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there).

List of Beasts Wendy Can Turn into

Wild Companion. You gain the ability to summon a spirit that assumes an animal form: as an action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to cast the find familiar spell, without material components.

When you cast the spell in this way, the familiar is a fey instead of a beast, and the familiar disappears after a number of hours equal to half your druid level.

Wild Shape. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest.

Wild Shape Improvement. At 4th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table.

Actions
Quarterstaff (shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit (+6 to hit with shillelagh), reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage, 4 (1d8) bludgeoning damage if wielded with two hands, or 7 (1d8 + 4) magical bludgeoning damage with shillelagh.

Sling. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) bludgeoning damage.

Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.

Handaxe. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6 + 0) slashing damage.

Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) slashing damage.

Money

pp: 0 | gp: 38 | ep: 16 | sp: 40 | cp: 208 | 100 gp gemstone: 1

Inventory

Worn or At-Hand (an interact with object to retrieve)

1 set of Frulam Mondath’s purple robes (won from killing Frulam Mondath, 3 lb.)
1 set of leather armor (starting equipment, 10 lb.)
1 wooden shield (starting equipment, 6 lb.)
1 Black Dragon Helm (wooden shield) (looted off Tiamat Statue, 6 lb.)
1 hat of disguise (Wondrous item, uncommon (requires attunement) While wearing this hat, you can use an action to cast the disguise self spell from it at will. The spell ends if the hat is removed.) (won in Elturel fair)
1 druidic focus (wooden staff—starting equipment, 4 lb.)
7/7 daggers (small knife—starting equipment & confiscated from kobolds, 1 lb.)
1 handaxe (starting equipment, 2 lb.)
1 shortsword (—)
1 sling (given to her by Gov. Nighthill, —)
30/30 sling bullets (given to her by Gov. Nighthill, 33.6 oz. (1.2 oz, each)
1 backpack (starting equipment, 5 lb.)
1 belt pouch (starting equipment, 1 lb.)
1 fifty-foot, hempen rope (starting equipment, 10 lb.)
1 waterskin (starting equipment, 5 lb. (full))
1 hooded lantern (bought in Greenest, 2 lb.)
5/5 oil (flasks) (bought in Greenest, 1 lb., each), hanging on belt loops to fuel her hooded lantern or toss at enemies!

Stowed away in, or Strapped to Her Backpack (an action to retrieve)

15/10 days’ worth of rations (starting equipment, 20 lb.)
1 map of the city you grew up in (Waterdeep—from urchin background)
1 mess kit (starting equipment, 1 lb.)
1 tinderbox (starting equipment, 1 lb.)
1 token to remember your parents by (a book that tells the story of a legendary hero’s rise and fall, with the last chapter missing—starting equipment, 5 lb.)
10/10 torches (starting equipment, 9 lb.)
1 painter’s supplies (from starting 500 gp item, 5 lb.—topped off in Elturel)
1 disguise kit (from starting 500 gp item , 3 lb.)
1 herbalism kit (purchased with 5 of the 10 starting gold, 3 lb.)
1 set of common clothes (starting equipment, 3 lb.)
1 painting by an artist long forgotten by everyone except a dragon
1 potion of ??? (won in Elturel fair)

Party Wagon (pulled by Ruby)

Wendy and her friends!

15/10 days’ worth of feed (bought in Greenest, 10 lb., each)
1 pack saddle (bought in Greenest, 15 lb.)
1 bit and bridle (bought in Greenest, 10 lb., each)
1 saddlebags (bought in Greenest, 8 lb.)
1 two-person tent (bought in Greenest, 20 lb.)
1 bedroll (starting equipment, 7 lb.)
1 chest (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
2/2 cases for maps and scrolls (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 set of fine clothes (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 lamp (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 bottle of ink (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 ink pen (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
2/2 flasks of oil (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
5/5 sheets of paper (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 vial of perfume (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 sealing wax (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 soap (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)

Sanders (Wendy’s Pet Mouse from Her Urchin Background)

eVuAZvu.png

Sanders

Tiny Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 1 (1d4 – 1)
Speed 20 ft.

Str 2 (–4) Dex 11 (+0) Con 9 (–1)
Int 2 (–4) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 4 (–3)

Senses darkvision 30 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2
Keen Smell. Sanders has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Actions

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 piercing damage.

Ruby (Wendy’s Draft Horse—Purchased in Greenest)

D5qG4Ge.png

Ruby (pulling the Party Wagon)

Large Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 19 (3d10 + 3)
Speed 40 ft.

Str 18 (+4) Dex 10 (+0) Con 12 (+1)
Int 2 (–4) Wis 11 (+0) Cha 7 (–2)

Senses passive Perception 10
Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2
Keen Smell. Sanders has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Actions

Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d4 + 4) bludgeoning damage.

IC
Date

17 Kythorn, Year of the Warrior Princess, 1489 DR,
Along the River Chionthar,
Western Heartlands, Sword Coast

The whispered words catch her ear and she silences herself. She listens intently to the ‘cabin boy’s’ explanation with a quirked brow. Her expression suddenly becomes slack and perhaps a bit bored. She responds in a quiet voice, “Aboard the ship?” She requests clarification, taking only a smidgen of the disguised goblin’s discretion in her response. “Whoever they are, they can approach me and ask their questions or they can remain irrelevant. I have neither time nor patience for impotent, leering cowards.” She quickly waved a hand towards the spilled water and dried the effected area with a quick cantrip. “I doubt they can hear us in here, speak freely if you know more.”

Wendy sighs a little and, maintaining a hushed voice, she explains, “It’s that green-skinned, half-elven alchemist, Imsa, and the hobgoblin girl we saw in Elturel at the tavern, A Pair of Black Antlers. I saw the bird circling above come down, transform into the hobgoblin, and the two of them chatted last night. They were talking about a ‘her’, which could be either you or me, and then they explicitly mentioned both you and me. I don’t know if they’re Zhents, Lords’ Alliance, Emerald Enclave, or what, but I’ve got money on Emerald Enclave, at least for the hobgoblin bird girl. I can’t tell with the alchemist—maybe the same? Anyway, they said they’re keeping an eye on you . . . probably trying to recruit me . . . listen, Lady Daniella . . . you and the rest—you’re all my friends, and my loyalty is to my friends, first, and second only to those that help us. That said, if it is the Emerald Enclave, they want to give me this chance to join them, they don’t mind that I’m a Harper, too, and they don’t work against us—you, me, and the rest of our party—then, I’m going to hop on that like an owl on a mouse! Just know . . . I’ve got your back, okay? Now enjoy your breakfast.”

OOC

Movement:

Action(s): Wendy makes a perception check to look for any druids masquerading as bugs, or the like, on the walls, floors, or ceiling listening in.

Bonus Action:

Rection:

Interact-with-Object:

Rolling Gold for Art:

@Spektor

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Wisdom (Perception) check
1d20+6 18

UESMFwv.pngAralim Empyrean (Human Cleric 1 / Sorcerer 3)

AC: 19 |  HP: 28/28 |  Passive Perception: 13 | Features | Conditions: 

Spells: ○ ○ ○ ○ (1st) | ○ ○ ○ (2nd) | Sorcery: ○ ○ ○ (normal) | ○ ○ (metamagic)

Aralim's face gradually grew slack with horror as Theodoric recounts his dream. The color drained from his normally pink cheeks. It almost seemed as if he aged ten years in as many seconds.

"Theodoric. Sir."  Words temporarily failed the young cleric as he tried to make sense of what he'd heard. He shook his head and tried to clear it, but his vision swam and gravity seemed to shift. He staggered, grabbing a hold of Theodoric's shoulder for balance.

"By the Dawn, I can't believe it."  He clutched a handful of the paladin's tunic and brought him close, a wild light in his eye. Intensity sprang forth from him as he searched the blank mask in front of him, looking for any kind of expression and failing to find any. His own reflection in the mask highlighted the careworn lines in Aralim's face, that had not been there at the start of the expedition to Greenest.

His voice turned raspy and rough. "I've had the same dream. Not every night, but often enough to know it isn't going away. You've had it too!? It must mean something. We've been thrown together... by our gods, by fate, by some capricious design. It is no coincidence, no accident that we've fallen together after meeting in the tavern before Greenest.

"I... I will pray on this tonight. I hope I will gain some illumination by the time the sun next rises in the east. I think... if you wish, would you stand a vigil with me? I've only done it twice before, back in the Spires. Never like this, on a boat in a river.

"The night can be dark and full of terrors, but the sun will always rise.  We may not see it when it does, but its light will illuminate our path. I would welcome your presence, your comradeship tonight, in the dark small hours.

"And the light of justice shines when the sun rises; for wrongdoing happens in the dark and cannot thrive in the light. I think Lathander and Tyr have allied before. Mayhap we can build the same kind of bridge."

Aralim hadn't realized the emotion that poured from him during his speech. He hardly even remembered making it, when he thought of it later. But he realized that he could see his own image in the paladin's mask, and Matinal whizzing above his head in a circle, leaving a trail of light as an afterimage in the eyes of anyone who saw.

Mechanics

Action:

Bonus Action:

Move:

Other:

The ship has left the harbor before anyone notices, but then he calls their attention to him: Valerian is still on the shore. He calls out. "I have no use for the subtleties of your plan. Our paths diverge here. I thank you for your services thus far, but my vengeance calls on me to take a more direct approach. Perhaps our paths will converge once more. I wish you luck on your endeavor... the 'Dragon's' luck." And with that, Valerian, "chosen" of the Undying Queen, is gone, perhaps never to be seen again.

Stranger things have happened on the Sword Coast.

Throughout the voyage, "Green" Imsa, as the crew calls her (much to her chagrin), proves to be a bit of a joy.

At their initial meeting, Imsa is something of a giddy goose. "Oh? Who's Mother Aderyn? Your mam?" She gives a choral kind of giggle, shaking her head. "Kidding, no one calls their mam 'Mother.' You a religious type? We did just leave out from Elturel, after all. Not me, though I'm fond of Silvanus, Mielikki, and that kind of divine entourage, but still! No disrespect!" She talks too much, clearly when she's nervous. To the subject of her skin, she shakes her head. "If you could fix it, that'd be a fine thing... actually why I'm headed north. Joining a caravan bound for Waterdeep. If anyone has a salve for that, it's there, right? That, and my skills would be better served there, I think. That, and my town got burned down. An alignment of signs, right? Ha!"

Quite a few alignments, yes.

Forewarned, Dani enters her conversation with Imsa a very different way, and in a way that might surprise anyone who knows Dani. That is, of course, by design, and Imsa remains utterly unaware. "Oh definitely! Completely different things, gravitational magic-what-have-you and telekinesis. Different forces at work, but then, I'm just an alchemist, not a full-blown wizard. Don't have the attention span for it, more hands on with tactile things, y'know? Say, where did you say you did all your book learning? Or are you one of those self-taught kind of geniuses? Only met the taught kind, but you always hear about the self-taught ones in chapbooks. 'Don't mind me, Mr. Elminster, Sir, I just taught myself how to summon meteors while studying some obscure book in me Mam's hidden book collection in our attic, also I'm a totally ordinary nobody who's beautiful but doesn't know it and everyone who meets me automatically loves or fears me!' Funny how those books work out, right?" At the prospect of explaining more, Imsa practically bubbles. "Ohmigods, really? I would love that! The pressure enhanced gravity or a vacuum could apply would be amazing, and with the right kind of control, I could even help you develop stable manifolds, so like, artifices and such! Really sell the importance of this new field of magic you're developing. Granted, I'm no Wonderworker like the Gondites, but still!"

When it comes to the wood polish, Imsa is ready and willing to show, producing a kit from her bag. It smells exceptionally strongly, though somewhat like home for Rahnur: the smell of wood polish is not one he's smelled for months, beyond small doses in Greenest. It is astringent, strong, and to Rahnur, reminds him of his father, and of Loren.

"Linwood seed oil primarily, which, of course! But if you mix it with bile from the liver of a doppelganger, I've found it keeps it softer, almost flexible in character. I've also got a few alternatives, a varnish made from zukhwood sap that darkens and smooths, particularly when polished, and keeps things preserved for twice as long! Not effective against dragonfire, but then, what is?" She laughs again. "What kind of wood do you usually work with? Maybe I can point out some specifics, not to assume you're not 'in-the-know!'" She laughs again. She does that a lot.

Now that the "cabin boy" has pointed it out, Dani can absolutely see the bird: keeping its distance, ever to the north shore, coming closer near twilight. What a curious thing.

DaniRosznar-fotor-bg-remover-20230825202249.png.6294998c35692bd5d40a73e0d27b5fa2.pngDaniella "Dani" Violette Claribel Rosznar II

Human Graviturgy Wizard (4)

checked-shield.svgAC: 12 | health-normal.svg HP: 22/22 | awareness.svg PP: 15 | WS: 0/2 | Spell Slots | Insp | Languages: Common, Chondothan, Elvish, Draconic, Infernal

Daniella quirked an eyebrow at the little goblin girl and blinked slowly as she explained herself. “Ahhh, the green one— or rather, the other green one. Interesting.” She raised a hand and curled a finger around her sharp chin thoughtfully. “Your loyalty is noted and returned. You choose your own path, Wendy, much like that fool Valerian did. But you are no fool. You have proven that more than once. If you find that these recruiters offer you an acceptable deal, then I advise you to take it. If they truly are looking to recruit myself as well, I will consider it. But as you say, it must not distract from our goals. Stopping these dragon cultists should remain our priority.” Then, as Wendy spoke of having her and the others’ backs, Dani responded, “Likewise. Now go. Shoo. The information you have shared with me is appreciated.” She waved her hand dismissively with a slight curl of a smile on the edges of her lips.

Later, amidst the conversation with Issa, Dani’s eyes narrowed slightly as the girl droned on, barely taking time to breathe. What’s more, she mentioned Elminster of all the famous wizards. Immediately Daniella’s smile became even more obviously feigned. Her nostrils flared slightly and the dark eyebrows dropped. Daniella had never been a fan of Elminster. She had been forced to read some of his works in Academy and the man seemed outrageously self-aggrandizing. Sure, he was quite accomplished in his field, but Dani was certain that she would overshadow him before long. The only thing Elminster had over her was time — something that was overwhelmingly obvious in the portraits she had seen of him. Next thing you know, this Alchemist would be talking of Mystra, the goddess of the Weave; another entity that Lady Rosznar had a bone to pick with.

“I am…mostly self-taught.” She paused. How much should she reveal abut herself to this woman? They were supposed to be keeping a low profile, but did that mean that she needed to be someone else? She had told the Harpers that she was no fan of secrecy. She had enough to keep track of in her mind and deception just added more — most of which were not facts by their very nature — which was an annoyance. “Alas, a proper degree is required to prove to certain organizations that you are, in fact, educated. Foolish, if you ask me. And so, I practiced my studies at the Academy of Suzail in Cormyr. I ran my own sorority there —“ Dani stopped herself abruptly on that note. That was going a bit too far, even for those she might consider friends. The things that happened in that sorority were not to be known by anyone outside of those involved. Some questionable experiments had lead to an immediate ‘fast-tracking’ of her degree, and not because of the reason that one might hope. 

“Anyways, yes. I am curious — slightly — about how my magic might affect Alchemical Sciences. Once things settle down a fair bit, I will contact you through arcane means. Unless there was more you wished to discuss, I do have a fair bit of work to do…” She let the sentence hang while staring Imsa in the eye. The expression was more than a hint that she was done with the conversation.

That night, as twilight neared, Daniella took to the top deck and leaned against the ship’s railing, looking off into the disappearing light behind the horizon. Her eyes were narrowed, staring pointedly at the circling bird that kept close by. “Come now, little coward. Show yourself or fly back to your masters.” She muttered.

5rqfzpE.png

Wendy

AC: 17 (Dex 2 + Leather 11 + Shield 2 + Dragon Helm 2) | HP: 32/32 | HD: 4/4d8 | Speed: 30 ft.

Proficiencies

Languages. Common (from race), Goblin (from race), and Druidic (See “Class Features”)

Armor. light armor, medium armor, shields (druids will not wear armor or use shields made of metal)

Weapons. clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears

Racial Features

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws you make to avoid or end the Charmed condition on yourself.

Fury of the Small. (1/1) Fury of the Small. When you damage a creature with an attack or a spell and the creature’s size is larger than yours, you can cause the attack or spell to deal extra damage to the creature. The extra damage equals your proficiency bonus.

You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, regaining all expended uses when you finish a long rest, and you can use it no more than once per turn.

Nimble Escape. You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of your turns.

Background Feature

City Secrets. You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Class Features

Druidic. You know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message’s presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can’t decipher it without magic.

Spellcasting. Wendy is a 4rd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 14, +6 to hit with spell attacks). She can prepare up to 6 druid spells. She has the following druid spells prepared:

Cantrips

1st Level

absorb elements, animal friendship, beast bond, charm person, create or destroy water, cure wounds, detect magic, detect poison and disease, earth tremor, entangle, faerie fire, fog cloud, goodberry, healing word, ice knife, jump, longstrider, protection from evil and good, purify food and drink, snare, speak with animals, thunderwave

2nd Level

air bubble, animal messenger, augury, barkskin, beast sense, continual flame, darkvision, dust devil, earthbind, enhance ability, enlarge/reduce, find traps, flame blade, flaming sphere, gust of wind, healing spirit, heat metal, hold person, lesser restoration, locate animals or plants, locate object, moonbeam, pass without trace, protection from poison, skywrite, spike growth, summon beast, warding wind, wither and bloom

Druid Circle. At 2nd level, you choose to identify with a circle of druids from the list of available circles. Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level.

Combat Wild Shape. You gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action.

Circle Forms. The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there).

Wild Companion. You gain the ability to summon a spirit that assumes an animal form: as an action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to cast the find familiar spell, without material components.

When you cast the spell in this way, the familiar is a fey instead of a beast, and the familiar disappears after a number of hours equal to half your druid level.

Wild Shape. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest.

Wild Shape Improvement. At 4th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table.

Actions
Quarterstaff (shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit (+6 to hit with shillelagh), reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage, 4 (1d8) bludgeoning damage if wielded with two hands, or 7 (1d8 + 4) magical bludgeoning damage with shillelagh.

Sling. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) bludgeoning damage.

Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.

Handaxe. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6 + 0) slashing damage.

Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) slashing damage.

Money

Inventory

1 hat of disguise (Wondrous item, uncommon (requires attunement) While wearing this hat, you can use an action to cast the disguise self spell from it at will. The spell ends if the hat is removed.) (won in Elturel fair)
1 shortsword (—)
5/5 oil (flasks) (bought in Greenest, 1 lb., each), hanging on belt loops to fuel her hooded lantern or toss at enemies!

1 token to remember your parents by (a book that tells the story of a legendary hero’s rise and fall, with the last chapter missing—starting equipment, 5 lb.)

Wendy and her friends!

eVuAZvu.png

Sanders

Tiny Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 1 (1d4 – 1)
Speed 20 ft.

Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2

Actions

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 piercing damage.

D5qG4Ge.png

Large Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 19 (3d10 + 3)
Speed 40 ft.

Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2

Actions

Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d4 + 4) bludgeoning damage.

IC
Date

17 Kythorn, Year of the Warrior Princess, 1489 DR,
Along the River Chionthar,

At their initial meeting, Imsa is something of a giddy goose. "Oh? Who's Mother Aderyn? Your mam?" She gives a choral kind of giggle, shaking her head. "Kidding, no one calls their mam 'Mother.' You a religious type? We did just leave out from Elturel, after all. Not me, though I'm fond of Silvanus, Mielikki, and that kind of divine entourage, but still! No disrespect!" She talks too much, clearly when she's nervous. To the subject of her skin, she shakes her head. "If you could fix it, that'd be a fine thing... actually why I'm headed north. Joining a caravan bound for Waterdeep. If anyone has a salve for that, it's there, right? That, and my skills would be better served there, I think. That, and my town got burned down. An alignment of signs, right? Ha!"

“Mother Aderyn is the Druidess who trained me,” Wendy responds. “I was born and raised in the heart of the big city, but I met her when my art teacher would take me out in the woods and the overlooks. She’s over in the Aardeep Forest—one of the caretakers there.”

“As for religion . . . Mother Aderyn and from her, I, somewhat oddly favor Chauntea, but yeah, she said that most Druids favor Silvanus and the others. I think it’s because we’re so close to the beating heart of ‘civilization’: Chauntea is Nature’s Provider.” She punctuates ‘civilization’ with the Faerûnian equivalent to air-quotes, as if to indicate just how ‘civilized’ she thinks people in the big city actually are. “It’s actually how I met all my friends, now! I was traveling to Chauntea’s big temple in Greenest and reached the town just as the Cult of the Thrice-Damned-Harlot were raiding it. They burned down Chauntea’s temple, too.” Here, Wendy’s almost ever-present ultra-bright and sunny demeanor darkens. Her sharp goblin teeth are grit and bared, and one is reminded that she is, in fact, a goblin. “We—my friends and I—we’re going to put them down, and make sure that abominable dragon stays in bottom of the Nine Hells!”

Her expression brightens again. “Well, if you need a guide in Waterdeep, then I’m your girl! I can show you all the best places—and between you and me, I can get us around the city sooo much faster than a lot of normal folks could—I know all the tricks! I even know a few people and I can get you some good deals. I’ll make sure you don’t get swindled by un-screw-perilous . . . meany sneaky merchants.”

“As for curing your green skin . . .” she says, “I’m afraid that my little herbalism kit and my knowledge of how to use it aren’t up to snuff for that! But I bet Mother Aderyn could brew you up a batch of whatever would fix you up in a jiffy! But if you want to work with your alchemy, I recently learned how to channel Chauntea’s blessings to enhance the ability your mind so you can brew potions better with a Fox’s Cunning!”

OOC

Movement:

Action(s): Wendy makes an insight check on Imsa, attempting to gauge her intentions for Wendy.

Bonus Action:

Rection:

Interact-with-Object:

Rolling Gold for Art:

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Wisdom (Insight) check
1d20+4 13

IC

spacer.pngRahnur Rhahlem

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2594301

NG Half-Drow Fighter (Champion) Lvl 4  AC 15 HP 34/34 Speed 30 ft. PP 14

Ability Scores, Saves, and Skills 

Str 8 (-1), Dex 18 (+4), Con 13 (+1), Int 12 (+1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 14 (+2)
Strength Save: +1
Dexterity Save: +4; Acrobatics +6
Constitution Save: +3
Intelligence Save: +1
Wisdom Save: +2; Insight +4, Perception +4
Charisma Save: +2; Persuasion +4

Attack and Scores

2 Shortswords +6, 1d6+4; Longbow +8, 1d8+4, 150/300; Dagger +6, 1d4+4, 20/60

Class and Race Abilities

Darkvision: 60 ft.
Drow Magic (DC 12):
At will - Dancing LightsYou create up to four torch-sized lights within range, making them appear as torches, lanterns, or glowing orbs that hover in the air for the duration. You can also combine the four lights into one glowing vaguely humanoid form of Medium size. Whichever form you choose, each light sheds dim light in a 10-foot radius.

As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the lights up to 60 feet to a new spot within range. A light must be within 20 feet of another light created by this spell, and a light winks out if it exceeds the spell's range.

1/day - Faerie FireEach object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined in blue, green, or violet light (your choice). Any creature in the area when the spell is cast is also outlined in light if it fails a Dexterity saving throw. For the duration, objects and affected creatures shed dim light in a 10-foot radius.

Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can't benefit from being invisible.

Fey AncestryYou have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Fighting Style: Archery

Second Wind (Recharges After a Short or Long Rest)You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
: 1d10+3

Action SurgeStarting at 2nd level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.

“My words…” | ‘My thoughts…’| My Actions

"Zukhwood one will definitely help for what we particularly work with." Rahnur assessed as he looked over the variety. He had to admit, he missed the mundane things like this. He could almost hear his father teaching him how to properly polish his work, "Doesn't matter how pretty you make a handcrafted item, if it doesn't last then people will assume you cut corners or only use cheap materials, which turns away potential customers." he picked up one of the bottles before he continued to answer her other questions, "We've mostly worked with oak as they're native to the area and thus cheaper to bring in and also strong on its own. Although my father did admit he wanted to work with calan again." Rahnur then tilted his head to the side as he smiled fondly, "Although linwood is still useful although how you managed to get a liver from a doopleganger is something I'm curious about."

OOC

Attack Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Theodoric.png.2eb4b4312fa820331118ff4b80ef39e9.pngTheodoric | Aasimar Paladin 4

AC: 19 (Splint & Shield) | HP: 36/36 | DR: 3 (Nonmagical B/P/S) | Initiative: -1 | Passive Perception: 11 | Class / Race Features | Prepared Spells

Healing Hands (2d4): 1/1 | Celestial Revelation: 1/1 | Divine Sense: 3/4 | Lay on Hands: 20/20 | Channel Divinity: 1/1 | Harness Divine Power: 1/1 | 1st Lvl Slots: 3/3

Theodoric couldn't help but take a step back as Aralim grasped at his shoulder, dragging the young priest along with him. He was rather unused to close contact like this, and reacted reflexively to distance himself before regaining his composure. Not that it helped, as it was quickly shattered by the revelation that Aralim had received the very same visions. His eyes grew wider and brighter in surprise and his breath hitched in his throat.

Finally. Finally, another who shares this burden.

He brought up his arm opposite to the one Aralim had grasped, at first with trepidation, then decisively placed his gauntleted hand on Aralim's own shoulder. "No accident at all. It must be by the will of the gods that we walk the same path. There is no other explanation." He steadied Aralim back onto his own feet before continuing. "I would be glad to join you for your vigil, Aralim. We of the Light must stand watch in the Darkness, a burning torch to guide the way. We will be Tyr's eyes, so that he may cast his justice upon the world."

That Night...

Theodoric joined Aralim at the bow of the ship, lighting the head of his warhammer with a radiant glow to pierce through the darkness. He spent a long moment in silence, simply scanning the horizon and listening to the creaking wood of the deck below his feet, before sighing slightly, seemingly weighing an idea in his mind. Finally, having made his decision, he turned to Aralim and addressed the priest of Lathander directly.

"Aralim. When I spoke with Lady Rosznar earlier, she asked about my mask, whether it was given to me by the Watch or by the gods. I told her it was my own choice, that the mask was never for my own benefit, but for others. I reserve my face for two groups: the most vile of my enemies... and the closest of my allies. I believe you can infer which group you fall into."

Reaching up to his face, he unclasped the mask completely, not simply the bottom portion as he usually did. Holding it in one hand and his glowing warhammer in the other, he lifted the mask from his face and stared at Aralim, waiting for his reaction.

What would have been handsome features were marred by horrifically burned skin around the eyes and mouth, the dark crackling standing in stark contrast to the aasimar's white hair and glowing eyes. The wounds seemed simultaneously fresh and old, as if the scarring had built on itself over years and years of continuous exposure. Through all of it, Theodoric seemed, more than anything, exhausted.

"My divine gift, my radiance, lies within myself, Aralim. There are moments when it pours out of me, barely controllable, threatening to destroy me from the inside out. That is when this occurs." He took a moment to gently touch the skin around his eyes, wincing slightly. "I would be lying if I said it did not pain me. It is a gift and a curse in equal measure. Still, I use it, because power unused is power wasted. And if I can use it to further the goals of Baldriel and Tyr, I will do so, because I know them to be just."

Theodoric's features softened for a moment as he gazed at Aralim, studying him. Quietly, he whispered, "Power always has a price, Aralim. No matter the source. What is important is that you know what that price is, and if you are willing to pay it."

OOC

Edited by PhoenixSlayer (see edit history)

The time for the vigil had nearly arrived. The sun sank low in the west, as the rivercraft slowly made its way toward Baldur's Gate. Ah, the Gate. The young priest of Lathander had devoured stories of the history of the Sword Coast while an acolyte in Waterdeep; thrilling at the tales of derring-do from across the land. But there always seemed to be just a little bit more in Baldur's Gate, a little extra heroism and drama. Bhaalspawn.  The young priest gave a shudder, but kept his eyes at watch as the last of the sun disappeared below the horizon, sinking the world into twilight much like the morning. But at this time of day, the world only got darker.

Feels like that's what is happening with the Cult. We're going to need heroes like Minsc, Jaheira, and Dynaheir. But what we have... is us.  He looked up at Theodoric as the paladin joined him. He smiled and sketched a somewhat clumsy Tyrean salute, doing the best he could. His smile grew broader when the paladin lifted the head of his warhammer, lighting the way for the rivermen as they worked the boat. A light in the darkness. It's what we need. We may be no Heroes of Baldur's Gate, but we can hold the breach until some do arrive. We're up for that.  He nodded, then turned his attention back to the watch as night fully fell around them. Now is when it was most important to watch over their companions, their friends.

image.png.86930a171b3b41ad2b2eb6e2642e8a4f.pngSome time later, in the dark of night, Theodoric opened up to the young priest. Aralim was shocked at the paladin's candor and vulnerability. He sensed that this was an extremely rare occurrence, and he was being given a singular honor by the aasimar. Such pain, and such will. Determination. He cleared his throat, and looked his companion in the eye.

"Sir Theodoric, I am humbled by your freely given trust. In all that I do, I will attempt to bring honor to you and the burden you carry."  He reached up a hand, tentatively, asking for permission to examine the other's face with a healer's eye. "Mmm. Perhaps... my guess is the divine power you channel is too strong for the mortal vessel you inhabit. Lord Tyr would not unjustly curse you with more than you could bear, I think. You are meant to carry such power, and Lathander willing, I will stand with you against darkness to help in any way. Whilst I draw breath, you will not fall on my watch."  His vehemence surprised even himself.

Aralim motioned for the holy warrior to kneel next to him. Aralim bowed his head, and in a soft but resonant voice, he began a prayer to Tyr. "Mighty Tyr, Lord of Justice, lend your wisdom to Theodoric. Bestow upon him the discernment to wield his radiant power justly and the strength to bear the burden it brings. May he find balance in the pursuit of justice, and may your divine grace guide his every step."

As Aralim concluded the first prayer, he turned to Theodoric, inviting him to join in a moment of prayer to Lathander. "Now, let us turn our hearts to the Morninglord, Lathander, Bringer of Dawn. Grant us hope and renewal, that our journey may be filled with the warmth of your light. Bless Theodoric with the resilience to face the challenges ahead and the knowledge that even in the darkest moments, your light shall prevail."

Together, they knelt in silent communion, seeking divine guidance and drawing strength from the bonds they had begun forging.

And then, with a plosive breath, Aralim grinned at the other man. "Stand up. It's called a vigil, not a sit-in."  He stood, offering the other a hand, ready to resume their watch on the shore. Protecting their friends. Standing against darkness. Looking forward to the light, and the day to come.

Mechanics

Action:

Bonus Action:

Move:

Other:

Imsa is practically giddy at Wendy's many suggestions. "Oh, Ardeep eh? Always wanted to go, I hear it's beautiful, when it's safe: I'd love to meet her and see how my potions could mix with her brilliance, the way you describe her! And having you in Waterdeep would be wild! If you're goin' that way, I mean, don't want to pressure you. Joining a caravan as a passenger and day laborer for a fella named Beyd Sechepol. Not met him yet, but we've been in cahoots. Fun word, that. Anyroad, if you're headed that way, I'd love to have you as a guide in the City of Splendor!" Green Imsa is a bouncy joy, ready to help as she's able and ready to be helped, and not one to let her odd appearance get to her.

With Dani, she is perhaps overeager, but understands distance. "Oh, a sorority! Always heard fun things about those, like the pillow fights and the matching outfits. Never been anywhere near a university big enough for one, nor am I near smart enough or rich enough for one: ha! Self-taught, just like you, but clearly yours was out of need and mine because, well, easy trade! But I get it, I get it. Look at me, mouth running off with me! I'll let you get back to work. Love to chat with you; I'll be in Waterdeep in a season, and shouldn't be too hard to find me. Maybe I'll get set up with a guild, ha!"

With Rahnur, her giggle is a rapid-fire one. "Trade secret; who knows, maybe I'm a doppelganger and I hunt my own kind for their livers!" She shakes her head. "Kidding of course. I have no idea how it's gotten. Probably a dirty business if I looked into it: so I won't! Ha!" She nods along. "How about I come by your shop and give you and the ol' timer a show of my stuff? When we get there I need to report to Blackgate first, but then I can come by and have a word with you and your folks, and maybe we can start a business relationship? Won't be sticking around, but having buyers from all over will help me grow my own business!" The enthusiasm is infectious.

As the two holy men bonded, Dani kept a vigil of her own over the three day voyage to Baldur's Gate. The hawk did not fade from sight: quite the contrary, as they came closer to the Gate, it came closer too. But on the night of the third day, the hawk vanished, heading north. It was not there in the morning: a coward indeed.

What was the hawk's purpose?

spacer.png

18 Kythorn, Year of the Warrior Princess,
Eastway, Lower City, Baldur's Gate

The fog is heavy as they wake, but the noise can already be heard.spacer.png

Captain Skarvarnuss is awake and in a fine mood, ordering sails brought up and a weather eye on the horizon, whatever can be seen from above. When most passengers are awake, he speaks plainly. "Baldur's Gate is a fine place: we'll be docking in Eastway, in the Lower City. You'll have to get used to the smell: t'ain't called the Lower City for nothing! For those who brought horses and axebeaks: the Gate allows no beasts of burden in without special permission, which you don't have. So, you'll have to deal with a work-around. One of the passengers, Imsa, the green one—you all know her—" Imsa blushes as best a green half-elf can. "She's offered to take all the animals into Blackgate, should you so wish it; otherwise you can disembark early at Twin Songs once we pass Wyrm's Crossing. She's doin' it for free, so count yourselves lucky: I know blokes who make a living off such services!" With that, there comes a shout: "Wyrm's Crossin' on the starboard!"

And indeed, there in the fading fog, is Wyrm's Crossing: a massive bridge crossing the Chionthar upon which numerous buildings bud like bulbing mushrooms, a wide variety of souls already crossing in the early morning. Men bearing the sigil of a flaming gauntlet wave them down and shout back and forth with the first mate, guaranteeing their approved arrival in Eastway. No one needs to get off in Twin Songs, so they continue on. To the starboard side is Dusthawk Hill, a mountainous peak around which the Outer City has wrapped itself. To the others, it is an unremarkable peak: but to Rahnur Rhahlem, it looks like home. Anticipation mounts: he's finally come home to Loren!spacer.png

The fog fades by the time they pass Tumbledown, and the full splendor of Baldur's Gate is available to them. Within the walls of the Gate is a city built on sloping hills, elevated north, with bustling streets, the smell of fish and harbor at work, and numerous ships already disembarking and returning to harbor. To greet them is the Sea Tower of Balduran, a legendary tower-fortress supposedly built by Balduran himself, the famed explorer who lent his name to the villages that combined around the Gray Harbor to become Baldur's Gate. Whatever his fate was, not even someone as learned as Dani knows, but supposedly he sailed west and met his fate there, some fourteen hundred years ago.

And with that, the Displacer Beast enters the Gray Harbor, and Rahnur is home.

The interior of the Lower City wraps around like a horseshoe, the finery of the docks on both both splendid and terrible: some of them are practically falling apart, while others are meticulously maintained. The description is accurate for all of Baldur's Gate, with the buildings running from exceptionally built to downright squalor. Stonework, even old stonework, is old brown sandstone blocks, with houses made of wood, of limestone and brick, and of other materials as allowable. The ship holds tight to the eastern shore, and soon they arrive in Eastway: Rahnur can see his home in the distance from the dock they set up in. Half an hour's walk, and he'll be in her arms again.

For the rest, Imsa comes to reassure them one more time. "Don't worry, learned from Wendy where you'll be wanting me to take your bestial besties! I'll meet you at Ackyn Selebon's place: which incidentally, happens to be my own destination, ha! Maybe I'll see you lot soon?"

Maybe indeed; she waves them off and holds to their horses, who watch sorrowfully as the Heroes of Greenest disembark. The heat rolling off the water is scalding, enough to parch even the most hydrated genasi. The smell is quite a bit to contend with: compared to Elturel even, Baldur's Gate is massive. The smell of habitation is already bad enough, and the Lower City is indeed very downhill from the Upper City. The smell of salt combines with it to become a strange acrid, almost friendly smell: and to Rahnur, it is the smell of home. Off the ship, and it's time to head onward: fortunately, his companions will be headed in the same direction for a time. Perhaps they'll get to meet Ma and Pa and Loren? From this distance, the morning's sun casts the workshop and home, in the form of a ship, in a darker light than he expected.

And fortunately for them all, they have someone here to greet them: and fortunately for Belmund Brokenstone, the descriptions they received two nights ago from Elturel were exactingly accurate, though there is one less soul than they expected: no scarred cultist of some awful god. Good thing, too. The dwarf's work was cut out for him, but it seems all the prep work in the world has prepared him for this encounter.

They have arrived in Baldur's Gate, and not a moment too soon.

Out of Character

Welcome to Baldur's Gate!

Need a map to understand my post? Me too! Fortunately the map is there before us, and we have a new party member! I tried to emphasize how much this is Rahnur's home, and now we can resolve that and write Rahnur out, because that's what's happening. I think. Maybe? Let me check my script again....

Anyway, let's tango! Lots to do in Baldur's Gate! We may sandbox it a bit!

0p2nINr.jpg

Name: Belmund Brokenstone | Race/Class: Dwarf Ranger | HP: 40/40 AC: 13 PP: 15

"Welcome! Welcome te Baldur's Gate!"

A pause.

"Ah 'magine ye lot were expectin' a bit o' fanfair, heh. Instead ye got me! Belmund's the name, o' the Brokenstone clan. No reason ye may've heard o' us, but ah'll try to make ye happy ye did!." The next moments are filled with pleasantries and introductions, with Belmund putting names to faces and faces to feats. There was no shortage of heroism with this group, according to his briefings, and they certainly had a presence about them. "So then, we've got a few rules that a fresh-faced Harper might be needin' te know. First o' those rules bein' don't believe a lick o' lime what the older members might ask o' ya, claimin' this or that errand be the breakin'in task fer a newbie. All o' us share the burdens o' the mission, and many hands tend to make light work. Best te have a sense o' humor about it, though. Only reason ah ain't tryin' te trick ye into a fool's errand is me cleverness is leavin' some te be desired!" Belmund chuckles at his own joke, then clears his throat.

"Course, there's always some sort o' serious business to attend to, but ah 'magine ye lot are used to all that, Harper Heroes o' Greenest. We've got te make our way to Blackgate an' meet with a Mission Master, so we best be on our way. The cities can get a bit...eh...crowded, if ye will, and Baldur's Gate is no exception." There is a beat missed, as though he wanted to say more, but refrained.

"Ah can promise te do me best te answer questions along the way, but ah make no claims on how good those answers might be...on account o' the lack of cleverness, and all."

Belmund punctuates his joke with an exaggerated wink, and steps to one side, arm outstretched as though showing the group what they've won.

OOC

Hey gang! Happy to be on board, and looking forward to adventuring with you!

Action:

Bonus:

Movement:

Edited by dwargstof
words (see edit history)

5rqfzpE.png

Wendy

Proficiencies

Racial Features

Background Feature

Class Features

Cantrips

1st Level

2nd Level

Actions

Money

Inventory

1 shortsword (—)

Wendy and her friends!

eVuAZvu.png

Sanders

Tiny Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 1 (1d4 – 1)
Speed 20 ft.

Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2

Actions

D5qG4Ge.png

Large Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 19 (3d10 + 3)
Speed 40 ft.

Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2

Actions

IC
Date

18 Kythorn, Year of the Warrior Princess,
Eastway, Lower City, Baldur’s Gate

“Oh, Ardeep eh? Always wanted to go, I hear it’s beautiful, when it’s safe: I’d love to meet her and see how my potions could mix with her brilliance, the way you describe her! And having you in Waterdeep would be wild! If you’re goin’ that way, I mean, don’t want to pressure you. Joining a caravan as a passenger and day laborer for a fella named Beyd Sechepol. Not met him yet, but we’ve been in cahoots. Fun word, that. Anyroad, if you’re headed that way, I’d love to have you as a guide in the City of Splendor!”

“Ardeep is beautiful! And pretty safe,” Wendy confirms. “That reminds me! I have to introduce you to my best friend—she’s a pixie named Furfle. They thought I was ‘stealing the mountain’, not knowing what a painting was.”

“As for the caravan, I’ve got my cart and horse, so I’ll be joining it as a traveling artist, selling my paintings!”

When Wendy learns that Imsa’s secured them passage of their horses and cart, she was gushingly happy and thankful to the green-skinned woman.

Wendy ooh’ed and ah’ed at the sights of Baldur’s gate. It wasn’t the wonder of someone who’d never seen the big city—in fact, this was positively small in comparison to what she grew up in—but then again, literally everywhere was. No, Wendy’s wonder was that of appreciation for a different city and all the things that made the place unique and interesting.

Meeting Belmund Brokenstone, Wendy extended her hand and shook his with enthusiasm. She takes in his appearance—that of a ranger or possibly a druid? “It’s always a pleasure to meet a fellow wood-stomper! I look forward to working with you! And thank you for not trying to haze us. I think the times make it imp-error active that we don’t waste time on silly games and get down to business.”

OOC

Movement:

Action(s):

Bonus Action:

Rection:

Interact-with-Object:

Rolling Gold for Art:

DaniRosznar-fotor-bg-remover-20230825202249.png.6294998c35692bd5d40a73e0d27b5fa2.pngDaniella "Dani" Violette Claribel Rosznar II

Human Graviturgy Wizard (4)

checked-shield.svgAC: 12 | health-normal.svg HP: 22/22 | awareness.svg PP: 15 | WS: 0/2 | Spell Slots | Insp | Languages: Common, Chondothan, Elvish, Draconic, Infernal

Baldur’s Gate. The legacy left behind by the great legend, Balduran. Like all great legends, his fate was a popular subject of debate amongst those that cared about that sort of thing. To Daniella Rosznar, other legends were merely competition. But it always helped to know the details surrounding one’s competitors, and so she knew quite a bit about the man himself. And she imagined that Balduran would be none too pleased to see the state of his legacy today: a city of Dukes, too far separated from their lessers to push any policy that would actually save the inhabitants from their self-destruction. 

Of course, Daniella held no false pretense that Waterdeep was any better. History has proven time and time again that this was the inevitable fate of all cities of ‘free’ people. Moderated freedom was the preferred method of keeping your citizens happy, but a city of free people was always more difficult to manage. Freed always came at a price. This price was paid by the inhabitants of the lower city — plagued by crime and misfortune — and those above would not hesitate to reach into the pockets of the plagued to finance their agendas. 

The fog cleared and the wizard in red crossed her arms and strolled up beside the rest of her allies to take in the view of the impressive, tiered city. She always tried to appear unimpressed, but there was a slight curl to her lips. “Well well well, there it is. I have not been to Baldur’s Gate since I was a much younger lady. I know most of you have already been here before, but since we are disembarking in the lower city, do try and keep a close eye on your purse — even more so here, compared to Elturel. How elated you must be to return home, Rahnur. If you are truly going to stay, I might even consider admitting that you will be missed.” The curl of her lips grew wider, to indicate she was teasing him and not being outright cold, as she usually was.

They all took a moment to meet Belmund, whom Daniella eyed with mild suspicion. A polite smile was not present when she finally introduced herself, “Daniella.” She stated simply, leaving her surname out of the equation. “I suppose the Harpers are not as…quiet about their involvement as I would have guessed.” Her eyes scan the immediate environs for anyone who might have overheard the Dwarf’s heavily-accented voice. “We have had a long journey, and the road ahead is longer still. The sooner we handle this matter at Blackgate the better. Along the way, perhaps you can explain exactly what Blackgate is, for the uninitiated.”

0p2nINr.jpg

Name: Belmund Brokenstone | Race/Class: Dwarf Ranger | HP: 40/40 AC: 13 PP: 15

"Wood-stomper, ye bit yer bippy," Belmund exclaimed as he shook Wendy's hand, "for what would life be iff'n we didn't 'preciate the natural world that brought us here? Doesn't take a keen eye te see ye 'preciate all sorts o' beauty, bein' an artist an all...or is that not a smudge o' paint ah see?"

Wendy seemed lively, and even innocent in a way, threatening to kick in some old fatherly protection instinct, even though Belmund had no children of his own. Looking at the group, he doubted she'd need much protecting since she'd come this far and obviously done some good.

Dani was a bit if a tougher nut to crack.

"The 'secret' part o' Secret Societies lies in the activities, not necessarily the existence, but like all things worth mentionin', there's exceptions to the rule," he addressed the wizard's concerns, "still, yer wisdom be tuggin' at truth. 'Round here there are more interesting shadows to chase so our words're likely lost in the din, but nearer Blackgate, wits'll be just as useful as wisdom." He assumed Dani knew her way around, as she seemed like the city type. To Belmund, the more urban folk tended to have a certain atmosphere about them that he tolerated, but was perpetually annoyed by. Still, he realized he may be making an unfair judgement since he didn't know anyone in this group, nor they him.

He continued in a hushed tone for anyone interested. "The area is just outside the Black Dragon Gate in the Outer City, so the social rules change a bit. Keep yer purse pinched if ye know what I mean. Merchants and the like pile crates as high as any mountain while seekin' cheap transport for their wares into the city proper, so ye can 'magine what kind o' crowd that tends to call. Secrets tend to double in value 'round such areas as well, but so long as ye look like ye belong there, we shouldn't see much in the way o' hassle or hustle. Now an' then the Serpents might fight n' fuss, but ye' can't expect much else from a gang that went an' named themselves after the Lady o' Loss." He shrugged, unsure what else there was to tell. The city, like most cities, irked him and his effort to prevent that from showing that would soon become exausting and was already causing him to be a pretty terrible tour guide.

The others had their curiosities, and Belmund would treat them all in turn. He had a strange feeling he was about to get to know this group more than he anticipated.

"Might be best to move n' mouth," he said, motioning to follow, his tone even more hushed "bees be buzzin' about some, eh, friends o' yours possibly bein' in town and puttin' blood n' blade te a few folk recently. That bein' the case, time and coin spend fast. Ye've all had a bit o' journeyin', so if ye need to stop along the way fer a bite or bitter, best speak up."

OOC

Mostly just initiating rolling conversation at this point, little character development while I try to find Belmund's wheels. Don't mind me.

Action:

Bonus:

Movement:

Aralim stepped off the Displacer Beast and took a deep breath. The docks were crowded, busy, noisy, boisterous... it felt a lot like home. The docks in Waterdeep where he'd grown up. And no one exemplified it like Belmund. Aralim took an instant liking to the crusty dwarf who'd greeted them. Belmund obviously knew his way around the city, though he strangely looked a little put-out by being here.

And here... well. Even from the Lower City, even to a kid from the City of Splendors... Baldur's Gate was glorious.

image.png.5cb5ded5a0ba32d1455d1e0b4de6a542.png

Belmund saved Aralim from a bit of rubbernecking with his constant commentary. The young priest realized that beneath the gruffness, the information Belmund was sharing with them was gold.  He forced himself to catch up. "So, we shouldn't expect to have small tasks that further the Harper cause? Only the big stuff?"  He nodded along at Daniella's observation about secret societies. "And surely some secrets are worth keeping close to your chest? A big one being exactly who is a Harper? So, are we actually known as the 'Harper Heroes of Greenest?'"  Like Wendy, Aralim can be a near-limitless font of questions. "And is it really that we're known? I can't believe that we're famous, or that rumors have flown this far, this fast.

"Is the 'Mission Master' a Harper? How long have you been with the organization? Are we part of a cell, now? Are you our permanent contact? What are our obligations? Do we have to pay a tithe, or a fee? What happens if we lose these pins? Is that a security breach?"

The others in the group probably rolled their eyes a bit when Aralim got on a roll like this. Belmund might be forgiven for switching off halfway through.

Mechanics

Action:

Bonus Action:

Move:

Other:

IC

spacer.pngRahnur Rhahlem

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2594301

NG Half-Drow Fighter (Champion) Lvl 4  AC 15 HP 34/34 Speed 30 ft. PP 14

Ability Scores, Saves, and Skills 

Str 8 (-1), Dex 18 (+4), Con 13 (+1), Int 12 (+1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 14 (+2)
Strength Save: +1
Dexterity Save: +4; Acrobatics +6
Constitution Save: +3
Intelligence Save: +1
Wisdom Save: +2; Insight +4, Perception +4
Charisma Save: +2; Persuasion +4

Attack and Scores

2 Shortswords +6, 1d6+4; Longbow +8, 1d8+4, 150/300; Dagger +6, 1d4+4, 20/60

Class and Race Abilities

Darkvision: 60 ft.
Drow Magic (DC 12):
At will - Dancing LightsYou create up to four torch-sized lights within range, making them appear as torches, lanterns, or glowing orbs that hover in the air for the duration. You can also combine the four lights into one glowing vaguely humanoid form of Medium size. Whichever form you choose, each light sheds dim light in a 10-foot radius.

As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the lights up to 60 feet to a new spot within range. A light must be within 20 feet of another light created by this spell, and a light winks out if it exceeds the spell's range.

1/day - Faerie FireEach object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined in blue, green, or violet light (your choice). Any creature in the area when the spell is cast is also outlined in light if it fails a Dexterity saving throw. For the duration, objects and affected creatures shed dim light in a 10-foot radius.

Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can't benefit from being invisible.

Fey AncestryYou have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Fighting Style: Archery

Second Wind (Recharges After a Short or Long Rest)You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
: 1d10+3

Action SurgeStarting at 2nd level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.

“My words…” | ‘My thoughts…’| My Actions

"A fast talker, huh," Rahnur laughed as he assessed the oils once again, "Alright, I'm for a live demonstration, but be warned, Baba's just as serious about this as I am."

Once they docked, Rahnur was quick to stretch and take a long, not so pleasant sniff. It was a good thing he was use to it. Adjusting his new quiver and backpack, Rahnur was quick to join the others unboarding as Dani gave the rundown on what not to do, "Don't just keep your purse close, also stay close. Newcomers are not only easy money but also easy blood for the scum that likes to live here," Rahnur then turned to Dani and gave her a teasing grin, "I would miss you too, Lady Rosznar. But in all seriousness, I will continue with you. I have done some thinking on the ship. I won't lie. I prefer to go home and continue my life, but I won't exactly feel comfortable if I let you all continue with what's going on." Rahnur adjusted his items, "I just ask that you let me go home and make sure my parents and wife are okay and make arrangmenets to ensure our shop is safe for the time being. That and I want to task my Aşklove's fresh baked bread, and I'm hoping she's made it this morning."

OOC

Attack Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement: