Chapter IV: On the Road

Gregorotto

Theodoric.png.2eb4b4312fa820331118ff4b80ef39e9.pngTheodoric | Aasimar Paladin 4

AC: 19 (Splint & Shield) | HP: 36/36 | DR: 3 (Nonmagical B/P/S) | Initiative: -1 | Passive Perception: 11 | Class / Race Features | Prepared Spells

Healing Hands (2d4): 1/1 | Celestial Revelation: 1/1 | Divine Sense: 4/4 | Lay on Hands: 20/20 | Channel Divinity: 1/1 | Harness Divine Power: 1/1 | 1st Lvl Slots: 3/3

"In Tyr's name, I pray."

His new oath to the Order of the Gauntlet taken, Theodoric stands tall atop the presentation stage, head held high. In truth, the oath to a mortal organization meant little compared to his already existing divine oath - but the network of members would likely prove to be useful. I will ensure the evils of the Zhentarim and the Cult of the Dragon are snuffed from the face of our world - oath or not.

As the crowd's response shifts to a gasp, Theodoric's gaze turns to the older man taking the stage. The man's holy symbol and apparent standing makes his identity clear - this was Thavius Kreeg himself, High Observer of Elturgard, who had brought the light of the Companion to the holy city. Theodoric stands at rapt attention during his speech and salutes as Kreeg approaches, his right hand held to his chest in a fist. Kreeg's mention of "unorthodox companions" brings mixed emotions to his mind - given everything that had happened, it was clear to him that while allies could be found in unexpected places, one could just as easily find an enemy instead. He had seen that clearly with Mikhael's betrayal.

Who could he trust, truly?

He hoped that his new traveling companions were among the trustworthy, at the very least.

With the Displacer Beast docked before him, Theodoric listens to Frume's instructions. The aim to "blend in" still worries the aasimar... he had never been one who could simply blend in after his awakening. Hopefully the Harpers have something effective in mind. Trini's sharp punch to his shoulder draws him out of his pondering, and he nods in response. "Be well, Trini. Watch for both of them - Richter and Mikhael alike. I only hope you find one before the other. Until our paths cross again." He pauses a moment, then leans in and adds, "May Lady Luck smile on us both."

She can't tell, but under the unfeeling iron mask, Theodoric smiles broadly.

The eight minutes of silence during Daniella's identification ritual pass by rather peacefully for Theodoric, compared to her mounting distaste for his presence. Standing at eased attention, he is content to look to the passing horizon - until she asks her question. Breathing deeply and collecting his thoughts, he answers, "Unfortunately, Lady Rosznar, I had little to 'drop' before I joined this mission. My old allies are dead, betrayers, or disappeared to the winds. It is true that I have not seen the full extent of what the Cult is capable of - their members assaulted the farmstead of Open Hand, but I have seen little of their presence past that. I do know, however, that the Cult needs to be stopped."

Finally turning his gaze to the ex-noblewoman, he continues, "You can tell from my sigils that I am a member of the City Watch of Waterdeep. Though at this point it is more accurate to say that I was a member. I abandoned my post, Lady Rosznar. I didn't inform anyone that I was leaving my home for the first time in my life to travel to Berdusk, then Greenest. I was, and still am, haunted by visions of what will happen if the Cult succeeds, what would happen if I did not travel there. The entirety of the Sword Coast will be plunged into oblivion if their plans are not thwarted. After being rejected for the caravan, my intent was to travel to Greenest myself, until a predicament related to your plight presented itself. But that opportunity has... fallen to shambles. As such, I am here. My grudge with the Zhentarim is personal, and I do not expect you to involve yourself in it. But do be aware that they act in the shadows to procure artifacts of great power and interest to the Cult of the Dragon for their own, unknown uses."

Standing at attention and cocking his head slightly, he asks, "Is that acceptable, Lady Rosznar?" In truth, he doesn't care overmuch whether Daniella finds his presence acceptable or not. He was on a holy mission, and this group was the best vehicle to carry it out. Still, he recognizes that he has little chance of carrying it out alone... and it would be easier with trust.

OOC

Also bought a couple of javelins while shopping!

Edited by PhoenixSlayer (see edit history)

5rqfzpE.png

Wendy
Level 4 Goblin Urchin Druid (Circle of the Moon)

AC: 17 (Dex 2 + Leather 11 + Shield 2 + Dragon Helm 2) | HP: 32/32 | HD: 4/4d8 | Speed: 30 ft.

STR: 10 (+0) | DEX: 15 (+2) | CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 12 (+1) | WIS: 18 (+4) | CHA: 8 (–1)

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15, passive Investigation 11

More Traits, Features, and Abilities

Proficiencies

Languages. Common (from race), Goblin (from race), and Druidic (See “Class Features”)

Tools. disguise kit, herbalism kit, painter’s supplies

Armor. light armor, medium armor, shields (druids will not wear armor or use shields made of metal)

Weapons. clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears

Racial Features

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws you make to avoid or end the Charmed condition on yourself.

Fury of the Small. (1/1) Fury of the Small. When you damage a creature with an attack or a spell and the creature’s size is larger than yours, you can cause the attack or spell to deal extra damage to the creature. The extra damage equals your proficiency bonus.

You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, regaining all expended uses when you finish a long rest, and you can use it no more than once per turn.

Nimble Escape. You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of your turns.

Background Feature

City Secrets. You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Class Features

Druidic. You know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message’s presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can’t decipher it without magic.

Spellcasting. Wendy is a 4rd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She can prepare up to 6 druid spells. She has the following druid spells prepared:

Cantrips (at will): control flames, primal pavagery, shape water, shillelagh
1st level (4/4 slots): cure wounds, entangle, good berry, healing word
2nd level (3/3 slots): enlarge/reduce, moonbeam

Cantrips

control flames, shape water, shillelagh

1st Level

absorb elements, animal friendship, beast bond, charm person, create or destroy water, cure wounds, detect magic, detect poison and disease, earth tremor, entangle, faerie fire, fog cloud, goodberry, healing word, ice knife, jump, longstrider, protection from evil and good, purify food and drink, snare, speak with animals, thunderwave

2nd Level

air bubble, animal messenger, augury, barkskin, beast sense, continual flame, darkvision, dust devil, earthbind, enhance ability, enlarge/reduce, find traps, flame blade, flaming sphere, gust of wind, healing spirit, heat metal, hold person, lesser restoration, locate animals or plants, locate object, moonbeam, pass without trace, protection from poison, skywrite, spike growth, summon beast, warding wind, wither and bloom

Druid Circle. At 2nd level, you choose to identify with a circle of druids from the list of available circles. Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level.

Combat Wild Shape. You gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action.

Circle Forms. The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there).

List of Beasts Wendy Can Turn into

Wild Companion. You gain the ability to summon a spirit that assumes an animal form: as an action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to cast the find familiar spell, without material components.

When you cast the spell in this way, the familiar is a fey instead of a beast, and the familiar disappears after a number of hours equal to half your druid level.

Wild Shape. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest.

Wild Shape Improvement. At 4th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table.

Actions
Quarterstaff (shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit (+6 to hit with shillelagh), reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage, 4 (1d8) bludgeoning damage if wielded with two hands, or 7 (1d8 + 4) magical bludgeoning damage with shillelagh.

Sling. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) bludgeoning damage.

Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.

Handaxe. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6 + 0) slashing damage.

Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) slashing damage.

Money

pp: 0 | gp: 38 | ep: 16 | sp: 40 | cp: 208 | 100 gp gemstone: 1

Inventory

Worn or At-Hand (an interact with object to retrieve)

1 set of Frulam Mondath’s purple robes (won from killing Frulam Mondath, 3 lb.)
1 set of leather armor (starting equipment, 10 lb.)
1 wooden shield (starting equipment, 6 lb.)
1 Black Dragon Helm (wooden shield) (looted off Tiamat Statue, 6 lb.)
1 hat of disguise (Wondrous item, uncommon (requires attunement) While wearing this hat, you can use an action to cast the disguise self spell from it at will. The spell ends if the hat is removed.) (won in Elturel fair)
1 druidic focus (wooden staff—starting equipment, 4 lb.)
7/7 daggers (small knife—starting equipment & confiscated from kobolds, 1 lb.)
1 handaxe (starting equipment, 2 lb.)
1 shortsword (—)
1 sling (given to her by Gov. Nighthill, —)
30/30 sling bullets (given to her by Gov. Nighthill, 33.6 oz. (1.2 oz, each)
1 backpack (starting equipment, 5 lb.)
1 belt pouch (starting equipment, 1 lb.)
1 fifty-foot, hempen rope (starting equipment, 10 lb.)
1 waterskin (starting equipment, 5 lb. (full))
1 hooded lantern (bought in Greenest, 2 lb.)
5/5 oil (flasks) (bought in Greenest, 1 lb., each), hanging on belt loops to fuel her hooded lantern or toss at enemies!

Stowed away in, or Strapped to Her Backpack (an action to retrieve)

15/10 days’ worth of rations (starting equipment, 20 lb.)
1 map of the city you grew up in (Waterdeep—from urchin background)
1 mess kit (starting equipment, 1 lb.)
1 tinderbox (starting equipment, 1 lb.)
1 token to remember your parents by (a book that tells the story of a legendary hero’s rise and fall, with the last chapter missing—starting equipment, 5 lb.)
10/10 torches (starting equipment, 9 lb.)
1 painter’s supplies (from starting 500 gp item, 5 lb.—topped off in Elturel)
1 disguise kit (from starting 500 gp item , 3 lb.)
1 herbalism kit (purchased with 5 of the 10 starting gold, 3 lb.)
1 set of common clothes (starting equipment, 3 lb.)
1 painting by an artist long forgotten by everyone except a dragon
1 potion of ??? (won in Elturel fair)

Party Wagon (pulled by Ruby)

Wendy and her friends!

15/10 days’ worth of feed (bought in Greenest, 10 lb., each)
1 pack saddle (bought in Greenest, 15 lb.)
1 bit and bridle (bought in Greenest, 10 lb., each)
1 saddlebags (bought in Greenest, 8 lb.)
1 two-person tent (bought in Greenest, 20 lb.)
1 bedroll (starting equipment, 7 lb.)
1 chest (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
2/2 cases for maps and scrolls (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 set of fine clothes (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 lamp (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 bottle of ink (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 ink pen (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
2/2 flasks of oil (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
5/5 sheets of paper (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 vial of perfume (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 sealing wax (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)
1 soap (bought in Elturel, part of diplomat’s pack)

Sanders (Wendy’s Pet Mouse from Her Urchin Background)

eVuAZvu.png

Sanders

Tiny Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 1 (1d4 – 1)
Speed 20 ft.

Str 2 (–4) Dex 11 (+0) Con 9 (–1)
Int 2 (–4) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 4 (–3)

Senses darkvision 30 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2
Keen Smell. Sanders has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Actions

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 piercing damage.

Ruby (Wendy’s Draft Horse—Purchased in Greenest)

D5qG4Ge.png

Ruby (pulling the Party Wagon)

Large Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 19 (3d10 + 3)
Speed 40 ft.

Str 18 (+4) Dex 10 (+0) Con 12 (+1)
Int 2 (–4) Wis 11 (+0) Cha 7 (–2)

Senses passive Perception 10
Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2
Keen Smell. Sanders has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Actions

Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d4 + 4) bludgeoning damage.

IC

Wendy loads her horse and cart onto the Displacer Beast, and thanks her new Harper friends for absorbing the cost. They warn her that the horse and cart won’t be allowed within the city, so Wendy says she’ll pay to have them stored and stabled outside the city. It’ll be joining the caravan they’re pretending to be a part of, anyway.

Wendy thanks Daniella for identifying her new potion and magical items.

OOC

Movement: —

Action(s): —

Bonus Action: —

Rection: —

Interact-with-Object: —

Rolling Gold for Art:

UESMFwv.pngAralim Empyrean (Human Cleric 1 / Sorcerer 3)

AC: 19 |  HP: 28/28 |  Passive Perception: 13 | Features | Conditions: 

Spells: ○ ○ ○ ○ (1st) | ○ ○ ○ (2nd) | Sorcery: ○ ○ ○ (normal) | ○ ○ (metamagic)

Aralim's disappointment at the way the Cook-Off ended was palpable, but he put on a stiff upper lip and soldiered on. He was embarrassed at his performance; no blame attached to Wendy, she did what she could to save him from himself. But he got so caught up in playing to the crowd, he forgot one of the most basic tenets of preparing meals: make sure your heat source is even all the way through! Else, you get undercooked sausages and carbon-charred peppers. Ugh. It's a good thing I'm leaving Elturel tomorrow. I'm not sure I'll want to remember that meal.

In no time, he was swept onto a stage with Theodoric and a couple other capable-looking individuals. It was eerie, he almost felt like a leaf floating on a stream... until the time came to take the Oath. "Before god and gauntlet, I swear to serve the iron will of the Order of the Gauntlet; to do good in the world, to seek that goodness out and spread it willingly across the face of Abeir-Toril; to serve the will of the Morninglord, and all such gods of goodness and valor; to help the downtrodden and defeated, to offer a hand to those in need, and to stand against the rites of undeath, the power of fiends, and the devastating awe of dark gods. This I swear, as I give fealty to the Order of the Gauntlet: in Lathander's name, I pray."  A serene intensity entered his presence as he uttered the words. Iron will, hmm? I serve three earthly masters now: the Church, the Harp, and the Gauntlet. All three seem aligned at the moment. I hope they stay that way, or I'll have some hard decisions to make.

lukenary_a_small_single_point_of_glowing_light_floating_above_a_ef819388-d595-4c44-ba22-18562fd15105.png?ex=65548981&is=65421481&hm=bc5bf1e334c3e681760b987ea650912226d7ccf554ba2d81180158d2a7f28f8b&At that thought, Aralim's attention was brought back to the here and now. A sharp pain lanced up his arm from the base of his wrist. Matinal! The normally playful glow had been dancing around that area, keeping to the shadows his body cast when the Companion was in the sky as usual. But at the approach of the old man... Thayvius Kreeg, an actual hero!  What was going on? He tried to take a surreptitious glance down under his vambraces, and what he saw there caused an involuntary gasp. Matinal had gone black as pitch! Why? What does that mean? He looked around, only to notice Kreeg's sharp gaze on him. Oops! Kreeg had actually been talking to them. The young priest cleared his throat and muttered something about dust in the air. What in the name of the Dawn is this?

On the way to the harbor, Aralim chatted with Ontharr. "So, how will we know the will of the Order of the Gauntlet going forward? Is there someone we should look for in Baldur's Gate? How about Waterdeep, if we ever make it back?"  The Displacer Beast was a fine looking river vessel; Aralim took an instant liking to the salty dragonborn captain. The docks reminded him of his father back in the City of Splendors; occasionally he'd accompany the elder Empyrean as they ran errands. Everyone always had a friendly smile for his father; Aralim could only hope to be at such ease with others.

He busied himself on the vessel, lending a hand to the crew even though he was supposedly a paid-for passenger. He tried joking with them, putting in a hard day's work and hoping to earn their respect. But he also did what he could with his companions. Valerian remained an enigma; he offered conversational salvos every now and then to the scarred man. How did a Tiamat-worshipper come to oppose the Cult? More importantly, why do we trust him? Can we trust him? Should we?

Wendy continued to be the boundless green ball of energy that held the group together. Aralim asked her about painting him a landscape of the dawn over the hills of Elturgard, with Elturel in the distance. It didn't have to be a large landscape, but he thought he should remember both his successes and his failures of the last few weeks. Humility was no bad thing. "But, um. You don't have to put the Companion in it. I'm sure it would be weird with the double-shadows and everything."

Aralim was as curious as everyone else as to whether there would be a fork in the road with Rahnur coming up. He hoped not, but knew the man needed his space; Aralim respected that, and tried not to push. Despite his questions, he resolved not to push the drow away with pestering.

And of course, there was Lady Daniella Rosznar, and Theodoric with her. They were having a conversation, and Aralim couldn't help but overhear it. He approached at the end of Theodoric's words. "Forgive me, I was just passing. Theodoric, you're a paladin, correct? Yet you were also a City Watchmen back in Waterdeep; of course I recognize your symbology. I think you know both the Lady Rosznar and I hail from the City of Splendors as well."  Perhaps there was an opportunity here? Bumbling and awkward as this felt, he thought he couldn't squander it. "There's been something on my mind lately. Did you leave your post back in Waterdeep because of your prophetic dreams? How do you square your holy oath with that? I like the tenets and ideals of the Order of the Gauntlet, or I never would have sworn. But what if the Spires of the Morning somehow comes into opposition with the Gauntlet?" Not to mention the Harpers! "How did you resolve your conflict?"

Mechanics

Action:

Bonus Action:

Move:

Other:

DaniRosznar-fotor-bg-remover-20230825202249.png.6294998c35692bd5d40a73e0d27b5fa2.pngDaniella "Dani" Violette Claribel Rosznar II

Human Graviturgy Wizard (4)

checked-shield.svgAC: 12 | health-normal.svg HP: 22/22 | awareness.svg PP: 15 | WS: 0/2 | Spell Slots | Insp | Languages: Common, Chondothan, Elvish, Draconic, Infernal

Daniella's eyes shifted from her work for only a moment to glimpse the symbols of the Waterdhavian City Watch. She had noticed them before but had imagined the man a decorated protector of some sort, perhaps even sent out as an agent of the Lord's Alliance. Imagine her surprise when he mentioned that he had abandoned his post. "Acceptable?" She scoffed quietly and returned her full attention to the ritual. "You can hold a blade; you can stand in front of me while I do my work. These are qualifications that you have measured up to. Congratulations may be in order." Her words are coated in a bitter sarcasm. "You are quite acceptable. Although, why would you leave your very important work of ensuring the impoverished do not get a glimpse of the gold plated mailboxes that line the streets of the Castle Ward?" It was unclear whether she was attempting to make some vague commentary about the wealthy class or if she was actually serious. "Let me guess: Divine mission from your god? You must be very special. Did they give you that mask -- the watch, I mean? Or was that your god too?" Her tone was only slightly less mocking than usual, and her expression held one of contempt. Though, not for him, it seemed. Perhaps for herself? Surely not.

"If your patrols ever brought you through the Sea Ward, I'm certain you've had dealings with my relatives. For that, my dear masked menace, I almost feel the need to offer my apologies." She completed the ritual with a flourishing twirl of her mechanical ink pen before quickly sliding it into a small loop that hung from her journal's spine. "I have spent little time with my extended family -- I was away for my studies, you see -- but my immediate family is twice as cold as I am and thrice as dangerous. How unlucky for everyone that they only have half my heart and a fourth of the tolerance." Daniella unceremoniously nudged the spear across the ship's deck towards the armored man using her boot. "There. Take it. I will produce a report containing a thorough description of the item's finer magical qualities and eccentricities. Do not worry, I will include a glossary and a...layman's breakdown, for its inevitable necessity."

DaniAI7edity.jpg.6b6073538f1515e28a877e331355704a.jpgJust then, Aralim approached and Dani's eyes sluggishly slid towards the beaming young man, offering him no greeting beyond a bored stare. "Oh, yes. Please. I was just pausing so that you could stumble your way over and interrupt us. I am certain whatever you have to say will be worthy of such a blatant disregard for social etiquette. So, then? Let's hear it." She sized up the young priest with a slight curl to her lip -- a signature scowl. She was able to keep herself from rolling her eyes at his questions at least. Her arms crossed beneath her breasts and she leaned back against the ship's railing. The wizard in red would not admit it, but the sound of the water lapping lazily against the hull was peaceful to her. It kept her from mocking poor Aralim as she focused on their calming whisper. In fact, finding herself bored with the sudden focus on religious factions, she leaned her head back and closed her eyes, breathing deeply of the briny sea air. The tips of her long platinum hair brushed lightly against the wooden railing.

For a moment, she was twelve years old again, playing in Father's garden with Edmund. Her younger brother had always been a somber child, even at the age of four. But she could recall making him laugh. She loved that sound. The boy destined to never be enough; the boy destined to bear the crushing weight of their father's unrelenting expectations more than any of them; laughing, as she poked his little button nose with a tuft of dandelion petals. Things were simpler then. She had no aspirations beyond making her parents happy and learning to play piano as well as her younger sister Lorelei. The annoying little girl had seemingly picked up every talent that Dani had worked so hard for with a infuriating ease. Lorelei was just one more wall between her and Father's acceptance.

Now, she did not care about his acceptance. She just wanted him to leave; she just wanted to see her little sister.

She just wanted to hear Edmund laugh again.

OoC

Adding in my shopping late!

Spell scroll of Grease (1st level) - 75gp

Copying the spell into my spellbook - 50gp (and 2 hours)

1 - Healing potion (50gp)

3 - Vials (1gp/each)

1 - bar of soap (2cp)

1 - bottle of perfume (5gp)

1 - 10 ft. ladder (1sp)

1 - collection of makeup (disguise kit - 25gp)

Edited by Spektor (see edit history)

IC

spacer.pngRahnur Rhahlem

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2594301

NG Half-Drow Fighter (Champion) Lvl 4  AC 15 HP 34/34 Speed 30 ft. PP 14

Ability Scores, Saves, and Skills 

Str 8 (-1), Dex 18 (+4), Con 13 (+1), Int 12 (+1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 14 (+2)
Strength Save: +1
Dexterity Save: +4; Acrobatics +6
Constitution Save: +3
Intelligence Save: +1
Wisdom Save: +2; Insight +4, Perception +4
Charisma Save: +2; Persuasion +4

Attack and Scores

2 Shortswords +6, 1d6+4; Longbow +8, 1d8+4, 150/300; Dagger +6, 1d4+4, 20/60

Class and Race Abilities

Darkvision: 60 ft.
Drow Magic (DC 12):
At will - Dancing LightsYou create up to four torch-sized lights within range, making them appear as torches, lanterns, or glowing orbs that hover in the air for the duration. You can also combine the four lights into one glowing vaguely humanoid form of Medium size. Whichever form you choose, each light sheds dim light in a 10-foot radius.

As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the lights up to 60 feet to a new spot within range. A light must be within 20 feet of another light created by this spell, and a light winks out if it exceeds the spell's range.

1/day - Faerie FireEach object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined in blue, green, or violet light (your choice). Any creature in the area when the spell is cast is also outlined in light if it fails a Dexterity saving throw. For the duration, objects and affected creatures shed dim light in a 10-foot radius.

Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can't benefit from being invisible.

Fey AncestryYou have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Fighting Style: Archery

Second Wind (Recharges After a Short or Long Rest)You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
: 1d10+3

Action SurgeStarting at 2nd level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.

“My words…” | ‘My thoughts…’| My Actions

Rahnur had huffed at the failure that was the woodcarving contest and all but considered chucking his train wreck of his project into the dumpster but only decided to keep it in his pack with the thought of simply being a reminder on how to do better. In fact, Rahnur had already decided to find extra wood to restart on it the next day, or more like that night because it bugged him throughout the day.

As the group came onto the ship, Rahnur was quick to give out the treat packets he had purchased, "I guarantee you, these are delicious. If you don't want it, I'll gladly take them," he said half-jokingly.

Once the ship was moving, Rahnur had once taken to working on his newest creation while sneaking nibbles of his sweets and looking to the waters as the ship sailed. Eventualy, he would take a break to stretch his legs and find Wendy, "So remember when I told you Baldur's Gate is place that's more tolerant. I wasn't lying about that, but it's still a city and it has its own danger. Particularly for someone like Ms. Rosznar," he motioned to Daniella who was talking with the others, "Nobility has to go into the Lower City with a personal guard because the chance to kidnap and make money off of nobility is too easy. I say this because it's something to be careful about when you arrive and the last thing you want is members of the Guild on you as well as the cult."

OOC

Attack Action:

Bonus Action: Remaking wooden sculpture

Movement:

Name
Woodcarving
1d20+6 20

AC: 19 (Splint & Shield) | HP: 36/36 | DR: 3 (Nonmagical B/P/S) | Initiative: -1 | Passive Perception: 11 | Class / Race Features | Prepared Spells

Healing Hands (2d4): 1/1 | Celestial Revelation: 1/1 | Divine Sense: 4/4 | Lay on Hands: 20/20 | Channel Divinity: 1/1 | Harness Divine Power: 1/1 | 1st Lvl Slots: 3/3

Theodoric decides to ignore the comment about the "gold-plated mailboxes" and focuses on Dani's follow-up question about his mask. "No. The mask was my own choice."  He closes his eyes, the radiance constantly streaming from them snuffing out momentarily, before continuing. "I believe you misunderstand its purpose, Lady Rosznar. The mask has never been for my benefit. It is for the benefit of others." He doesn't continue further, but his tone suggests that the mask is a long-accepted part of his day-to-day life.

He nods in affirmation at the mention of Sea Ward and Dani's extended family. "The rare patrol has brought me through, yes. And I am familiar with your family name through a chance encounter or two. You are... approachable, in comparison." While Theodoric could see that Dani was still pompous and dismissive, her words rang true - the Rosznar's he had encountered in the past used their nobility as a bludgeon, grinding everyone around them into the dirt to grovel at their feet. In a strange way, Theodoric respected it. They held power... why should they not use it? He simply felt that power was pointed in the wrong direction.

Theodoric picks up the javelin as Dani pushes it back towards him, nodding his thanks but saying nothing. Just then, the priest of Lathander approaches, presenting his own conundrum and seeking Theodoric's experience. His answer is, perhaps, not exactly what Aralim wants to hear - "The commands of my Guide take precedence over all other mortal concerns. If the oath of the Gauntlet ever conflicts with Their will, I will choose Their celestial guidance, for They are closer to the will of Tyr Himself." While he says the words matter-of-factly, there is the barest sliver of resignation to the words - as if he has had the conversation with himself many, many times. "Admittedly, my situation is unique, given my heritage. Even then, others of my ancestry do not necessarily share my experiences." His thoughts turn back to Richter for a moment - the realization that a fellow aasimar had never heard his Guide, or perhaps didn't even have one, had shaken Theodoric. Was he truly alone with how his life had been shaped?

OOC

Edited by PhoenixSlayer (see edit history)

Aralim's ears perk up at the mention of a Guide. "You're... an aasimar, right? Forgive me, I've seen others like you in the Spires but haven't really ever had the chance to speak with one. Tell me about your Guide, please?

"I... might have something similar." At this, Aralim cups his hand and brings Matinal forth. He'd mostly kept quiet about it with the others, unsure of what it was or what it could do. He thought he'd made friends with it, and tried valiantly to understand what the small glow tried to tell him. He was slightly embarrassed doing this in front of Dani, but they'd had brief (mostly one-sided) conversations about the thing. Her knowledge tended toward the arcane; she didn't have time for the gods or the divine. She'd made a cutting remark about being a servant or a slave; at this point, the young priest expected that kind of derision.

He continued. "It started manifesting when I discovered I could shape my divine spells; when I could start to see the... well, the divine Weave. I don't really know what to call it."  Again, he's slightly dismayed that Lady Rosznar is overhearing this, but he doesn't have the right words. He's doing the best he can. "But with Matinal, I can see how the spells and divine gifts are shaped.  And I can manipulate that shape, change it so that it fits what we need in that moment better. I don't know of many others that can do that."

He considers the glow for a moment, sends it dancing along his fingers like a coin. "Sometimes it guides my hand, sometimes it knows what I want and what I'm thinking. Sometimes... well, it knows things that I don't. So, I think it must be a gift from Lathander, something to guide my way.

"Like yours, perhaps?"  He holds out his hand, the glow hovering above it, for the paladin's inspection.

Mechanics

Action:

Bonus Action:

Move:

Other:

Unfortunately for Daniella, she remembers all too late that tressyms, being a cat, have excellent hearing. The chirp that comes after her comment is followed by what can only be described as a cat-like smirk, but no return assault comes to her ears or eyes.

As they approach the Displacer Beast, conversations pop up, with Aralim asking how to take orders and give reports. "Every major outpost along the Sword Coast, from Neverwinter on down to Athakatla, has temples connected to our order. Baldur's Gate, go to the Temple of Torm, Lathander, Selûne, or Red Knight; in Waterdeep, your Spires will do nicely. Since your path will take you through Daggerford, the temple of Tyr and Ilmater there will handle any orders you might have." He pauses, then pulls Aralim aside and brings over Theodoric too. "Every year the Lords' Alliance has a council, and this year, it's in Waterdeep. Elturgard has agreed to send, instead of their usual delegate, a member of the Order of the Gauntlet, in order to muster our combined forces and emphasize the holy nature of this threat. It's becoming increasingly clear that the other Alliance member states are going to also consider doing something about the threat of the Cult. You're the most politically savvy of this bunch, so you deserve to know. I imagine the Harpers know this too, if Leosin's words hold anything close to truth. Once your mission is over and you discover the Hoard's final destination, get back to Waterdeep and we'll regroup there. Yours be the fury, boys."

Trini grins at the blessing from Theodoric. "Well, I'll be. Never thought a blind boy like you Tyr-ites would have it in ya to give Tymora's blessin's. And the One-Handed God's strength be with ye. Lookin' forward t' seein' you again, so don't do nothin' stupid, y'hear?" Even after goodbyes are given, she watches him for a moment longer than the ship's leaving.

Captain Skarvarnuss blows a whistle, and sailors begin to pick away at the elaborate ropes and pulleys tying the sail, pulling up the anchor, and removing the boarding block to the deck. "Next port of call, Baldur's Gate! All hands, prepare to set sail, keep a stable course, and keep a weather eye out along the river: last thing we need is a devastating thunderstorm to tear us off course, or worse, a dragon!"spacer.png

Above, Wendy sees the bird again, and memories come to her: she has seen her mentor Mother Aderyn become a bird before, and those are not her colors, her patterns, in the down of the bird. There is something familiar about it, but it's not that. As they go, the bird follows, keeping its distance and preferring the north shore to the south.

The other passengers are largely immaterial. Merchants, young lovers, religioso, but there is one that stands out: a half-elven woman, or she might be, no one can be sure. She's certainly not a genasi, and not an aasimar or tiefling... but she has completely green skin, green hair, and green eyes of the brightest sort.

She smiles and waves at Wendy, approaching her.

"You're that goblin girl who beat that masked fellow and was selling art? I bought some, look!" She did, in fact: she produces a small portraiture. "Name's Imsa. Alchemist by trade, green by accident. Don't ask. Going to Waterdeep for a cure. Where're you off to? Those your friends?"

"Keep a low profile," they said.

To Rahnur, she looks at his carving. "Oi, got something, a rub I've been working on. Preserves and polishes all at once, doesn't need to be reapplied as much. What's say I let you have some, you tell your carver buddies, huh? Imsa's Polish and Prime. Still working on the name."

16 Kythorn, Year of the Warrior Princess, 1489 DR,
Along the River Chionthar,
Western Heartlands, Sword Coast

Imsa is more endearing than anything, but completely a scatterbrain. Before long she's found reason for conversation with everyone: she asks Theodoric about his mask and what it's made of, can he see and breathe well or would a better material be more suited; for Aralim, catching a peak of Matinal, she wonders if he leaves any residue to anything material as he goes on, for alchemical purposes of course; and for Daniella, she susses out the woman's interest in gravitational magic, a rarity anywhere in Toril.

"Wonder if that could have useful alchemical properties, maybe like increasing pressure on admixtures or creating a vacuum to do tests in; you ever offer your services like that? Could be useful. Even the Blackstaff might have use of that."

For Rahnur, each day brings them closer to home.

Edited by Gregorotto (see edit history)

5rqfzpE.png

Wendy

AC: 17 (Dex 2 + Leather 11 + Shield 2 + Dragon Helm 2) | HP: 32/32 | HD: 4/4d8 | Speed: 30 ft.

Proficiencies

Languages. Common (from race), Goblin (from race), and Druidic (See “Class Features”)

Armor. light armor, medium armor, shields (druids will not wear armor or use shields made of metal)

Weapons. clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears

Racial Features

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws you make to avoid or end the Charmed condition on yourself.

Fury of the Small. (1/1) Fury of the Small. When you damage a creature with an attack or a spell and the creature’s size is larger than yours, you can cause the attack or spell to deal extra damage to the creature. The extra damage equals your proficiency bonus.

You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, regaining all expended uses when you finish a long rest, and you can use it no more than once per turn.

Nimble Escape. You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of your turns.

Background Feature

City Secrets. You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Class Features

Druidic. You know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message’s presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can’t decipher it without magic.

Spellcasting. Wendy is a 4rd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She can prepare up to 6 druid spells. She has the following druid spells prepared:

Cantrips

1st Level

absorb elements, animal friendship, beast bond, charm person, create or destroy water, cure wounds, detect magic, detect poison and disease, earth tremor, entangle, faerie fire, fog cloud, goodberry, healing word, ice knife, jump, longstrider, protection from evil and good, purify food and drink, snare, speak with animals, thunderwave

2nd Level

air bubble, animal messenger, augury, barkskin, beast sense, continual flame, darkvision, dust devil, earthbind, enhance ability, enlarge/reduce, find traps, flame blade, flaming sphere, gust of wind, healing spirit, heat metal, hold person, lesser restoration, locate animals or plants, locate object, moonbeam, pass without trace, protection from poison, skywrite, spike growth, summon beast, warding wind, wither and bloom

Druid Circle. At 2nd level, you choose to identify with a circle of druids from the list of available circles. Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level.

Combat Wild Shape. You gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action.

Circle Forms. The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there).

Wild Companion. You gain the ability to summon a spirit that assumes an animal form: as an action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to cast the find familiar spell, without material components.

When you cast the spell in this way, the familiar is a fey instead of a beast, and the familiar disappears after a number of hours equal to half your druid level.

Wild Shape. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest.

Wild Shape Improvement. At 4th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table.

Actions
Quarterstaff (shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit (+6 to hit with shillelagh), reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage, 4 (1d8) bludgeoning damage if wielded with two hands, or 7 (1d8 + 4) magical bludgeoning damage with shillelagh.

Sling. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) bludgeoning damage.

Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.

Handaxe. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6 + 0) slashing damage.

Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) slashing damage.

Money

Inventory

1 hat of disguise (Wondrous item, uncommon (requires attunement) While wearing this hat, you can use an action to cast the disguise self spell from it at will. The spell ends if the hat is removed.) (won in Elturel fair)
1 shortsword (—)
5/5 oil (flasks) (bought in Greenest, 1 lb., each), hanging on belt loops to fuel her hooded lantern or toss at enemies!

1 token to remember your parents by (a book that tells the story of a legendary hero’s rise and fall, with the last chapter missing—starting equipment, 5 lb.)

Wendy and her friends!

eVuAZvu.png

Sanders

Tiny Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 1 (1d4 – 1)
Speed 20 ft.

Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2

Actions

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 piercing damage.

D5qG4Ge.png

Large Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 19 (3d10 + 3)
Speed 40 ft.

Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2

Actions

Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d4 + 4) bludgeoning damage.

IC

Wendy is super happy when Imsa shows her the art she bought. “Ooh! Thank you so much!”

When Imsa identifies herself as an alchemist, Wendy rifles through her bag and pulls out a small wooden box. Clicking it open, she shows Imsa her herbalism kit. “I haven’t has much opportunity to use this much,” she explains, pointing out the relatively clean mortar and pestle. “But Mother Aderyn made sure I could brew a few basic cures and salves. I don’t think I could make your skin less green, though . . . But then again, I’m the wrong person to be asking about ‘green skin’! Ahaha! As you can guess, I’m not one to see any problem with it! Though, I suppose I wouldn’t want to be turned purple, or something . . .”

OOC

Rolling Gold for Art:

Healing Hands (2d4): 1/1 | Celestial Revelation: 1/1 | Divine Sense: 3/4 | Lay on Hands: 20/20 | Channel Divinity: 1/1 | Harness Divine Power: 1/1 | 1st Lvl Slots: 3/3

Theodoric nods in the affirmative when Aralim asks of his nature, and is rather pleased at the interest in his celestial guide. "My Guide is known as Baldriel. They act, in many ways, as Tyr's eyes, casting down divine judgement on the evil that crawls across the surface of this world. Much like Helm, they are ever-watchful, but they are decidedly more proactive than The Great Guard, honored he may be. They came to me in my late childhood, when they deemed me ready to carry the burden of Tyr's will, and shaped me into what I am today. They often communicate through visions I receive in the night, in the rare times I slumber for an extended time."

He doesn't mention that the visions are often more akin to nightmares.

As Aralim produces the small mote he refers to as Matinal, Theodoric listens to the priest's explanation while studying the entity intently. "I admittedly know little of the nature of the Weave, but I know my magic is granted unto me by Tyr, through Baldriel. The fact that this mote allows you to reshape divine magic is unique, indeed. While I do not believe it to be similar to my Guide, it may very well be a gift from your Morninglord. Allow me a moment."

Holding his right palm towards Matinal, Theodoric breathes in for a moment before a pulse of radiance spills out from his body. For the barest of moments, far more than just two eyes appear to pierce through his steel visage, as he allows Baldriel's sight to study Matinal as well.

OOC

Gonna use a Divine Sense to get a better idea of what Matinal might be. Should identify it as a celestial, fiendish, or undead presence at the very least! @Lukenary, curious what you have in mind!

Divine Sense: As an action, you can open your awareness to detect strong presences. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell. Can be used a number of times per day equal to 1 + Charisma mod.

5rqfzpE.png

Wendy

Proficiencies

Racial Features

Background Feature

Class Features

Spellcasting. Wendy is a 4rd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 14, +6 to hit with spell attacks). She can prepare up to 6 druid spells. She has the following druid spells prepared:

Cantrips

1st Level

2nd Level

Actions

Money

Inventory

1 shortsword (—)

Wendy and her friends!

eVuAZvu.png

Sanders

Tiny Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 1 (1d4 – 1)
Speed 20 ft.

Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2

Actions

D5qG4Ge.png

Large Beast, Lawful Good
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 19 (3d10 + 3)
Speed 40 ft.

Languages
Proficiency Bonus +2

Actions

IC
Date

17 Kythorn, Year of the Warrior Princess, 1489 DR,
Along the River Chionthar,
Western Heartlands, Sword Coast

The next morning, Wendy gathered up some good breakfast on a tray and slipped into a darkened corner, away from prying eyes. She slipped on her hat of disguiseHat of Disguise
Wondrous item, uncommon (requires attunement)
Major tier

While wearing this hat, you can use an action to cast the disguise self spell from it at will. The spell ends if the hat is removed.

Found On: Magic Item Table F

Source: DMG, page 173. Available in the SRD.

Disguise Self
1st-level illusion
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self
Components: V, S at will
Duration: 1 hour

You make yourself—including your clothing, armor, weapons, and other belongings on your person—look different until the spell ends or until you use your action to dismiss it. You can seem 1 foot shorter or taller and can appear thin, fat, or in between. You can’t change your body type, so you must adopt a form that has the same basic arrangement of limbs. Otherwise, the extent of the illusion is up to you.

The changes wrought by this spell fail to hold up to physical inspection. For example, if you use this spell to add a hat to your outfit, objects pass through the hat, and anyone who touches it would feel nothing or would feel your head and hair. If you use this spell to appear thinner than you are, the hand of someone who reaches out to touch you would bump into you while it was seemingly still in midair.

To discern that you are disguised, a creature can use its action to inspect your appearance and must succeed on an Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC (14).

Source: PHB, page 233. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
and turned herself into a nondescript cabin boy a foot taller than herself on the Displacer Beast to whom no one would give a second thought. The cabin boy brought the tray down into the hold to where Dani was waking up. The cabin boy presented the meal to the wizard. The cabin boy spilled a glass of water next to the imperious noblewoman.

“Oh so sorry, milady!” the cabin boy said frantically, affecting a boyish tone. “Let me clean that up for you! Please don’t trouble yourself! Let me do it! I made the mess!”

As the cabin boy wiped up the water—which the cabin boy was careful not to spill any on Dani, herself, of course, he whispered in Dani’s ear, It’s me, Wendy! You and me; we’re being watched—maybe for recruitment, maybe by spies? I’m not sure, yet, but they suspect we’ve already been snatched up, and one of them wondered if either you or I would defect. Just be on your guard—or look forward to another recruitment offer?

Then, in a louder voice, the cabin boy said, “Please enjoy your breakfast, Milady! I made sure to pick only the best rolls and fruits on the offer just for you! Sorry again about the water!”

With that, the cabin boy skipped away like a happy little boy that just got to serve breakfast to a pretty lady. He slipped into a darkened corner and a few moments later, Wendy emerged, a bit peckish and ready for some food of her own.

She went looking for her new alchemist friend. When she eventually finds her, she greets her. “Good morning, Imsa!!” She sits down with a breakfast of her own and between bites—though she’s mindful of her manners—she says, “I’ve always been a bit interested in alchemy. I was wondering if maybe you could teach me a few things with your Alchemist’s Supplies—if you’ve got it here with you, and I could show you something with my Herbalism Kit?”

OOC

Rolling Gold for Art:

@Spektor

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

IC

spacer.pngRahnur Rhahlem

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2594301

NG Half-Drow Fighter (Champion) Lvl 4  AC 15 HP 34/34 Speed 30 ft. PP 14

Ability Scores, Saves, and Skills 

Str 8 (-1), Dex 18 (+4), Con 13 (+1), Int 12 (+1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 14 (+2)
Strength Save: +1
Dexterity Save: +4; Acrobatics +6
Constitution Save: +3
Intelligence Save: +1
Wisdom Save: +2; Insight +4, Perception +4
Charisma Save: +2; Persuasion +4

Attack and Scores

2 Shortswords +6, 1d6+4; Longbow +8, 1d8+4, 150/300; Dagger +6, 1d4+4, 20/60

Class and Race Abilities

Darkvision: 60 ft.
Drow Magic (DC 12):
At will - Dancing LightsYou create up to four torch-sized lights within range, making them appear as torches, lanterns, or glowing orbs that hover in the air for the duration. You can also combine the four lights into one glowing vaguely humanoid form of Medium size. Whichever form you choose, each light sheds dim light in a 10-foot radius.

As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the lights up to 60 feet to a new spot within range. A light must be within 20 feet of another light created by this spell, and a light winks out if it exceeds the spell's range.

1/day - Faerie FireEach object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined in blue, green, or violet light (your choice). Any creature in the area when the spell is cast is also outlined in light if it fails a Dexterity saving throw. For the duration, objects and affected creatures shed dim light in a 10-foot radius.

Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can't benefit from being invisible.

Fey AncestryYou have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Fighting Style: Archery

Second Wind (Recharges After a Short or Long Rest)You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
: 1d10+3

Action SurgeStarting at 2nd level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.

“My words…” | ‘My thoughts…’| My Actions

Rahnur wasn't surprised when Ilma introduced herself as an alchemist. He had heard tales of those who experimented and it not resulting in the way they hoped. If anything, someone turning green because of it was probably one of the more reactions, "I'm kind of picky about what I polish my work with, especially with since I've seen first hand what bad polish can do to good work. So gonna have to ask what you put in that," he replied with a kind smile.

OOC

Attack Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Matinal rose above Aralim's outstretched hand at the attention from Theodoric. The paladin's Divine Sense returns a somewhat expected result: it's a low-power celestial being, but definitely not a strong presence. Once relayed to Aralim, the young priest looks shocked to have his expectations confirmed. "Why, Theodoric? Why me? I mean, I'm humbled and honored. Celestial, you say? But of all the people in Faerun, why should I be blessed with such a gift?"

A look of determination crosses the dawnpriest's face then. "I suppose I can answer my own question. My Lord of the Morning must have seen that we'd stand in opposition to this Cult, someday. For my part, I'm glad to welcome you to this fight.

"Matinal has never communicated with me so overtly. I try to interpret their-- I say their, for I do not know if they have a gender-- movements, dances, flickering. Certainly in combat, I think there is some degree of empathy, for they can guide my hands and my will when in life-or-death situations. Especially when I am reshaping the holy power granted by great Lathander.

"Would you care to share any of your dreams that have come from Baldriel? And do you honor Tyr, or Helm, or both?"

Mechanics

Action:

Bonus Action:

Move:

Other:

DaniRosznar-fotor-bg-remover-20230825202249.png.6294998c35692bd5d40a73e0d27b5fa2.pngDaniella "Dani" Violette Claribel Rosznar II

Human Graviturgy Wizard (4)

checked-shield.svgAC: 12 | health-normal.svg HP: 22/22 | awareness.svg PP: 15 | WS: 0/2 | Spell Slots | Insp | Languages: Common, Chondothan, Elvish, Draconic, Infernal

Upon waking at her usual early hour, Daniella had carried out her daily ritual of preparing her spells for the day, bathing herself in arcane energy (in the stead of having a proper bath), and dressing in one of her many red-and-gold robes. She spent exactly thirteen minutes brushing her long, platinum hair, three minutes attaching her jewelry and accessories, and twenty minutes enjoying a nice cup of tea, just the way she liked it. Her ritual of tea was interrupted by the cabin boy, whom Daniella merely stared at with a bored expression. That is, until he spilled the water near her notes. She quickly swiped up the most important papers to ensure they would not be destroyed by the 'accident', "Damnable boy, watch where you-"

The whispered words catch her ear and she silences herself. She listens intently to the 'cabin boys' explanation with a quirked brow. Her expression suddenly becomes slack and perhaps a bit bored. She responds in a quiet voice, "Aboard the ship?" She requests clarification, taking only a smidgen of the disguised goblin's discretion in her response. "Whoever they are, they can approach me and ask their questions or they can remain irrelevant. I have neither time nor patience for impotent, leering cowards." She quickly waved a hand towards the spilled water and dried the effected area with a quick cantrip. "I doubt they can here us in here, speak freely if you know more."

The ever-distant wizard kept mostly to herself throughout the beginning of the trip, choosing instead to focus on her studies and expand her foray into the unknown branch of the arcane. When Imsa approached her, Daniella was sat near the front of the vessel. The alchemist could not have known she was interrupting a long trail of calculations, as Dani's eyes were cast out across the sea, staring at bouncing horizon. But, of course, she did interrupt, and earned herself an immediate scowl of annoyance at her approach.

However, Dani did try to reign it in after hearing the woman's words. "How delightful to finally meet someone who does not immediately think my wonderful Graviturgy as an obtuse casting of 'Telekinesis'. Yes. It is a hobby of mine. I am developing a new branch of the Arcane; accessible only by the most ingenious of wizards. It requires a substantially greater grasp of mathematics and the laws of physics. While general spellcasting does require a bit of trigonometry and calculus, 'Daniella's School of Graviturgy' requires a greater understanding of trigonometry, geometry, calculus, basic physical principles, condensed matter physics, and even a bit of electromagnetism and thermodynamics. It is...a work in progress but it will certainly take the wizarding world by force." It seemed the young wizard was looking for any excuse to spout more self-aggrandizing description of her work, yet the application suggested by the alchemist earns another sneer from Dani. She once more did her best to bite her tongue, "I...suppose it could have applicable uses in alchemical processes. It would certainly be worth exploring, once I have completed my field of study -- or at the very least learned enough to publish my first textbook. Such functions are...low on my list of priorities for research. Nevertheless, once my textbook is released and if you are capable of grasping its fundamentals, I grant you rights to publish your own textbook regarding its applicable uses in alchemy...With a proper credit, of course." The ex-noble gives Imsa a smile that was all too easy to spot as a fake. "My time between studies are limited, but I suppose if you wish to know more about it, I can discuss the fundamentals in further detail along our journey."

Perhaps Daniella had already failed at keeping a low profile, but she was never one to hide her work, nor did she feel the need to. At this point, she would need to hope (against her better nature) that word of her accomplishments in Graviturgy had not spread far enough to link her to her actions in and around Greenest.

OoC

Once she goes back to the top deck, Dani will do a quick perception for 'spies' that are trying to recruit her. She's not really sure what Wendy is talking about, exactly.

Name
Perception
1d20+0 15

Healing Hands (2d4): 1/1 | Celestial Revelation: 1/1 | Divine Sense: 3/4 | Lay on Hands: 20/20 | Channel Divinity: 1/1 | Harness Divine Power: 1/1 | 1st Lvl Slots: 3/3

Theodoric had expected as much, but confirming the unknown was always important: Matinal was celestial in nature. Not nearly the same caliber at Baldriel, but still of the divine nonetheless. He considers Aralim's shock before answering, "I asked the same when I was chosen. The divine works in ways beyond our mortal understanding, Aralim. Even now I sometimes struggle to understand what Baldriel asks of me. Sometimes they are direct in their commands, but the visions I receive are often fragmented. A face half-covered in shadow, a bloody dagger scattered onto cobblestone, a whisper I can barely hear. It is my duty to piece it all together to carry out justice."

He pauses for a moment, deeply considering something, before continuing. "The visions I have received lately - they foretell a level of evil and destruction I never thought possible. I have seen entire battalions of soldiers encased in ice. I have seen the strongest castle walls melted by acid. I have seen fires raging across miles of land, lightning striking as if targeted, and clouds of poison killing flora and fauna alike. All end the same - ten red eyes staring out from smoke and shadow, radiating absolute malevolence. It all came with an urge to travel to Greenest. Learning everything that has occurred to you and your group, it has become clear to me that the vision will come to pass if the Cult of the Dragon succeeds. They must be eradicated."

Just then, he realizes his fist is painfully clenched. He steadies himself, breathing deeply, before addressing the rest of Aralim's question. "My worship goes to Tyr, though I hold respect for the rest of the Triad and for Helm. Many of my brothers and sisters in the Watch honored Helm, and while I appreciate his commitment to duty, I find him to be blind to the cause the duty is done for."

OOC