Madame Zelda "Pearl" Mordeaux

Eborne1

Madame Zelda "Pearl" MordeauxMadameZeldaPearlBerdot.jpg.022d7e02b1c66cd2c73a65dc11803fe8.jpg
"What can I say, Darling... I'm a rare gem."

Name: Madame Zelda Pearl Mordeaux (... or just Pearl)

Race: Goblin

Class: Shadowcaster Wizard

Party Role: Arcane Caster Specializing in Shadow Magic and other Dark Arts

(Battlefield Control, Debuff, Utility Casting, and some Divining)

Appearance: At first look, Pearl could pass for a gnome or perhaps even a halfling if it weren't for her unmistakably Goblin-sized ears. Some have even gone so far as to say that she's pleasant of face and appearance; an uncommon comment on behalf of a goblin. She's unnaturally fair-skinned for almost any race and often wears tinted glasses and carries a parasol. Her makeup and clothes are always exquisite and she seldom lacks in adorned jewelry. Her hair is long, white, and flowing and she carries herself with a noblewoman's confidence.

Personality: Pearl is brash, blunt, and outspoken. One unlucky merchant who found himself in her way said she has the personality of a spurned cat. She brazenly announces whatever thought crosses her mind, often without so much as an inkling of consideration for tact or decency. Seldom does a room not know she's entered. Humility and moderation are non-starters for Pearl. If her appearance betrays her race, her personality more than makes up for the loss. All that being said, she'll usually lend a helping hand if needed and won't leave people out in the cold. But they're still going to hear all about how lucky they are to have her around.

Background:

"Pay attention! I don't like repeating myself..."

"If you hadn't noticed, I'm not from around here and I don't particularly care for this place if I'm being plain. It's too damned bright and the air dries out my skin."

"So why am I here, you wonder... I'm here for the gold, Darling. Plain and simple. I've got expensive tastes..., traveling costs..., mouths to feed. Everybody knows these tombs hold vast riches beyond most people's wildest dreams... Not my dreams, of course, but most people's. Well, I can't think of anyone who deserves those riches more than I nor certainly anyone who is more capable of getting them without getting squashed than me. So here I am! You're welcome! Try not to stand so close, you're breathing on me."

Zelda Pearl Mordeaux has had an odd and serendipitous life. She was found as a babe, squirming on the side of a country road by a traveling carnival of gypsies, whence she came to be raised by a human mystic fortune teller. She grew up, moving from town to town and learning the ways of the mystical arts from her surrogate mother. She picked up the fortune-telling craft easily enough and developed an insatiable curiosity for all things wizardly, witchy, and mystical, with a distinct curiosity for subjects, post-mortem. One might say that she even proved to be a bit of an arcane savant. Her reputation eventually came to precede her and she grew to become the premiere attraction of the traveling carnival.

Pearl has never been one to adhere to warnings and limitations, however, and somewhere along the way, she may have ventured too deeply into dark waters and been touched by the plane of shadows. Those who know her best whisper that she's developed a darker disposition in recent years. She doesn't typically care to speak on the matter and will often brush it off as absurd.

Four years ago, her "mother" passed away. So, at the ripe, old age (for a Goblin) of 33 years, Pearl assumed, (partly by force of Will but mostly by force of personality), the role of Madame and Matriarch of her band of traveling performers.

Over the past winter, Pearl happened upon a book called "Tales of Lost Treasure", that contained a chapter about lost and buried riches, in distant, foreign lands. It took her all of twenty minutes to make up her mind on the matter, completely in spite of the part about curses. And so that was that. She set out two days later on the best pony in the caravan and after months of travel, she arrived upon the desert sands.

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

I'm mostly done. The sheet is linked to her Character Picture. I'm about 90% decided on the archetype. There's a chance I'll change some things around in the coming days but I'll be sure to let you know if I do.

Keeping it as is.

Comments and questions are welcome.

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)