Workshopping

SkeleKing

The most common problem I have is that I make ideas for too many characters and get to play only one. So I'm at a loss to decide which I want to play most. The best I can do is throw out a bunch of character concepts and see which one sticks best.

The Changeling

A young girl who got adopted by a Paladin of Erastil and never felt fully a part of her community (whether or not it was all in her mind), until one day as a young woman she starts hearing "the call". Recognizing it for what it was and not wanting to become a horrible monster, she decided there was only one course of action she could take: Go into the stolen lands, and kill her mother. The call for heroes would give her the opportunity to do exactly that. I don't expect to accomplish her goal at level one, or even level four, but somewhere near the end The Changeling will identify as being a part of the community with her party members and the kingdom they are making. She's an archer, either a magus or a ranger.

The Staff Nexus Hedge Wizard

The Hedge Wizard grew up working in his families apothecary, and he would deliver medicine to the person who would become his aging mentor. She was a part of a loose confederation of Staff Nexus Hedge Wizards. His mentor lived alone, and had no family that he knew of, so teaching him her magic was her way of staving off loneliness. One day he was ready to complete his training, to go off into the woods to find a rare fey wood tree that crossed over from the first world and take one of its branches to craft his first staff but when he returned his mentor had died of old age. He crafted his makeshift staff and wondered what to do with his life. He heard of the call for heroes and decided he would take part in the dangerous task. His goal is to learn more of the rare fey wood tree, learn how to cultivate it, and set up a school for staff nexus wizards to carry on his mentors legacy.

After that, the characters get less specific in their backstory.

A Cleric or Paladin, because there aren't a lot of characters submitted that heal.

A swashbuckling, aspiring Aldori Swordlord just to fit in with the setting.

A character who had contact with The Stag Lord. Either a bandit whose gang was wiped out when they refused to bend the knee, or a pioneer who signed up for the call to heroes to save her town.