Silas Lostwoods - High Elf Soldier, War Mage Wizard

Past Imperfect

Silas Lostwoods - Anti-Necromancer

barbara-ebendinger-james-shields-4-telemachus.jpg?1603965236

Name: Silas Lostwoods

Character Concept: He was raised by a cult of necromancers, but escaped when the forces of Light raided their hideout. Now, he spends his time hunting down others who seek to abuse the living and the dead.

Race, Background, Subclass Class: High Elf Soldier, War Mage Wizard

Description: He is a high elf, judging by his pointed ears and superior expression. However, where high elves typically have light and lovely hair, his hair is lank and dry. It's also an unlovely dishwater gray in color, unusual for a people who don't truly age. In any case, it's usually tied in a loose tail behind his head.

Elves are rarely physically imposing, but his frame is square and filled out with lithe muscle, not a sunken-chested scholar but someone with physical training. His clothes are neat, but plain in dark green. The quarterstaff in his hand isn't a support, but shows scrapes and chips - it's been used as a weapon, regularly.

Origin: No world in particular.

Your Character’s Plothook: Silas heard of mists out of which undead were coming. He entered the mists to find their origin but was separated from his companions and became lost. He eventually wandered out of the mists and into Falkovnia.

Past is Prologue: Silas wasn't raised among elves but by a necromancer and his cult of followers. Their plan was to raise an army of the undead and take their revenge. Silas was raised to be a living officer in their undead army. However, before they could launch their plan, their compound was raided by paladins and clerics of Light. Silas struck the blow that killed the necromancer, rebelling against his masters. As a result, the clerics decided he had earned a chance at redemption. Since then, he's been looking for a chance to combat the undead. When he heard of strange mists nearby, he joined several of the clerics and paladins that originally rescued him to investigate.

Truths, Rumors, and Lies:

1. The necromancers laid spells of loyalty and command on Silas, which he was eventually able to break. Still, he can't help but wonder if there are still spells lingering in his mind, waiting to force him to do the necromancers' bidding.
  2. The clerics told Silas that all of the cultists were killed in the attack that freed him. But, when do necromancers ever stay dead?

1. There are rumors that the necromantic cult that raised Silas practiced cannibalistic rituals. Silas hasn't confirmed this, or mentioned whether he ever took part.
  2. Some have said that spirits hover around Silas, lost victims of the necromantic cult. They urge him on in his task, hating necromancers more than he does. Some say they aren't just victims of the necromancers; they are Silas's victims, struck down when he still served the cult. Only once he has satisfied the lost spirits will they leave him be.

Include at least two of the following in your application:
Deity: Sarenrae. [Redemption and consequences are what he's all about.]
Is Might Right? Laws and codes are wonderful things. After all, Silas is only alive now because the clerics who rescued him had such deep faith in their code of beliefs. However, it seems to him that it always comes down to someone making people do the right thing. And asking nicely rarely does the trick.

Connections: 

Mother Abigail of the Angry Doves - A cleric of Sarenrae who became Silas's mentor after his rescue.

Sir Henry Clarke - This jolly paladin originally spared Silas's life in the fight with the necromancers. Silas still considers himself in Sir Harry's debt.

Cinderborn - A sorcerer in service to Sarenrae who argued Silas should have been executed with the other necromancers and remained suspicious of him.

Note: Just to say, I understand that he looks like he should be the edgiest of edge lords to ever lord over an edge. However, that somehow did not occur to me when I was putting him together. I was just trying to come up with someone who really hates the undead, and that's what my brain presented me with. I don't really intend to play him as offensively edge-lordy, if you see what I mean.

Edited by Past Imperfect (see edit history)

barbara-ebendinger-james-shields-4-telemachus.jpg?1603965236 Silas Lostwoods the Anti-necromancer

High Elf Soldier, Wizard

AC: 12 (Cool threads) | HP: 8/8 (1d6+2) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 9, Investigation 12
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 17 (+3) | Wis: 13 (+1) | Cha: 11 (0)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, and TBD

OOC

Movement: —

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Reaction: —