Applications and Character Rules

Custom rules, character bonuses, and item cost adjustments

at character creation

A few things, Im not the biggest fan of lower level stuff. So hopfully, you get the drift with all this im giving.

25 point buy. Three characters per APPLICATION please.

As this is a concurrent three path campaign.

These rules apply to each character.

The reason I ask for all three characters on one application is to easier track at a glance who is who.

This campaign was play tested by a group of experienced AD&D players in pathfinder 1e. So a group bunch of creative min maxing A holes and classic 6ft pole play style. There was a necromancer

Take your two lowest Attributes , or any two Attributes you have tied for the lowest, and add 1d4 to each of them.

Feat tax elephant in the room are active which is this thing: https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

At character creation you get a added +4 skill points.

Max your 1st PC level HD.

You automatically get 1 prof skill, with a misc. bonus of plus 1 and counts as trained, however you do not get the class skill bonus on this profession skill unless you add a rank to the skill.

Guns are everywhere, and pretty common, to the point where some races can change out profs for gun profs.

All small races can exchange racial weapons for guns,"The great equalizer," with the addition of dwarves and their subtypes, not including Deep gnomes, or the Urvaeti.

Race Requirements:

The Races 

Body or The Obitu 

Pretty much most non-plant, out of normal pathfinder stuff is allowed, and the rule of thumb is as long as they kind of even themselves out on ability modifiers im probally oka with it, ask me and cechk, and ill see but im retty opened minded. I would much rather for this campaign have you guys play Obitu

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/alluria-publishing/obitu/

Ill be using another page to add race features for them to make them more universal

Mind or The Merchant Hoards : 

Races allowed: Half-orc, Dwarves

Duergar, Gnoll, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kobold, Lizardfolk, Monkey Goblin

Monkey Goblin, Orc, Ratfolk, Triaxian, Dhampir, Drow (Common), Fetchling, Kasatha, Tengu Svirfneblin

Tiefling, Vishkanya Svirfneblin Caligni, Changeling, Deep One Hybrid, Kuru, Nagaji, Orang-Pendak, Reptoid, Strix, Wayang

Third party races : Madcap, Blinkling, Crab people, Duanalas, Half-Goblinoids, Half-Sahuagin, Troll-Blooded, Lizardfolk, Boggle, Mouse-kin, Frog-kin, Bully

I have one more race I have to ad, a custom half construct one I made but have fun until then or even after then ,

The Soul; The village in danger

Pretty much non plant, , typical ability modifiers, if they have more negative bonuses then positives, or tyical +2, -2 +2 im going to be pretty okay with it. I like weird things. it makes me happy though.

Obitu Alternate racial bonuses 

Primary descriptor Attribute Secondary descriptor Attribute Negative descriptor Attribute
Thick +2 str Rugged +2 str partially melted -2 str
Responsive +2 dex Lithe +2 dex rickety -2 dex
Resilient + 2 con Solid + 2 con Cracked - 2 con
Crystalized + int Insightful + 2 int Dulled - 2 int
Petrified +2 wis inscribed +2 wis young - 2 wis
Guided + 2 cha Well preserved + 2 cha splotched -2 cha

you cant see this yet, working on a table based system for our alternate Obitu stuff,

Its going to be something like roll 1d12 odds you get phyis mod, or evens get a mental mod. So don't mind this for now. I was working on subtypes of obitus, but with me asking for 1 race, I wanted it to be a great fit, then I was thinking, I like dice decisions. So ill revisit this later, Not even sure I'm keeping this as is. as I was thinking about greeater paragon and paragon style stats. I should keep to my gold skeletons, my stone skeletons, and my fugi skeletons maybe, maybe have a skeleton that uses the table with a few other options. they might change other stats. I don't know I'm rambling now. using skeleton interchangable with Obitu here

Urvaeti: Part goblin, part Gnome, part aboleth, part construct, all weird. 

Ability Score Modifiers: Urvaeti have access to their races hive mind that they can effectively out source  thoughts at a young age,  Urvaeti loose access to this ability outside their ancestral homes and not having that warm blanket of their own kind makes them unsure in social situations, bur having formative years  submerged in an entire races' knowledge usually results in both intelligence, and pride in their knowledge.  The cybertronic hardware that infest their bodies rob them of the sturdiness  of their ancestors : +4 intelligence, -2 charisma, -2 wisdom (Greater Paragon + 2 RP)

-Size: Small, +1 to  Size AC, - 1  on CMC and CMD. +4 size bonus to sneaking.

-Speed: 40 ft, 

Climb 20Ft. 

(3 RP and 2 RP)

Weapon Familiarity; Start play with Whip lrof, and Urvaeti Acidic weaponry  prof. 

Languages:  the Urvaeti begin play with Binary, and those with high intelligence can learn undercommon, Gnomish, Dragonic, and common.(Xenophobic  0 RP) (.)

Defensive Racial Traits: Acid resistance 10 , Natural armor +3 (Energy Resistance 1 RP  & Greater Energy 3 RP natural armor 6 RP)

May 4, 2023

Magical Racial Traits: 

__

Tentacle Memory Transfusion: *After a creature is slain a Urvaeti can pierce the corpse with its tentacles and can attempt to absorb the memories, feelings and thoughts of the creature. Rarely what is gained is a literal translation being more akin to a vague prophecy in image form, from disconnected images and sounds to surreal moments and nightmares. The Urvaeti can attempt to guide this and gain a temporary +3 to a  knowledge check for the next 1 + 1/2 HD rounded down  hours, or can gain a +5  to any knowledge check for 1 roll. 

If chosen an Urvaeti can hold on to this charge for the next 24 hours or their next rest what ever come frist. An Urvaeti can hold up to three of these devour charges at a time but can only use 1 per a single dice roll, and cannot apply it to the same knowledge skill if one has already been used within 24 hours.

This process leaves the corpse dry and gaunt looking as if it was dead much longer than it has been and much older then  the subject was. This adds a  +5 circumstance to any heal DC  to those unaware of the Urvaeti's influence, to determine time of death. 

Acidic Assault: Once per day as a swift action, a member of this race can call on the acidic  power lurking in its veins to shroud its second set of arms in Acid that corresponds to the elemental plane its race has ties to. Unarmed strikes with its tenticals deal +1d6 points of damage of the appropriate energy type. This lasts for 1 round per character level. The creature may end the effects of its elemental assault early as a free action. 

--Offensive Racial Abilities-- 

Natural Attack:  An Urvaeti with the second set of arms that appear from it's wrists  when chosen can act as metal whips, as either lethal, or non lethal damage. When using both  arm tentical-whips the Urvaeti can use them as if it has weapon finesse, and two weapon fighting. Treat them as light weapons. They are identical stat wise to Whip, scorpion, small. 

1d3 slashing critical x2

Can be used to trip, and disarm.

Racial Senses: 

__

Urvaeti may have 1 eye but their helmets allow All-around vision, making them immune to flanking, 

Dark vision 60 feet (.)

Racial skills due to having advanced tech within them effectively making them their own pet projects as well as within arms reach their entire lives disable device and heal are always considered class skills for this race. (.)

Racial Weaknesses:

Vulnerable to Electricity, However electricity super charges the Urvaeti and they move and act faster as if under the effects of haste for 1d4 rounds after the effect. 

Conductive: whenever a non-touch attack spell is cast with the damage description of electricity is within 30 feet of a Urvaeti, casters must pass a will save of 10 to not immediately have the spell target Urvaeti for half damage, the DC check increases by 2 per Urvaeti within 30ft range, to a max of 20. 

In addition if a Urvaeti is the target of a non touch attack spell with the, "electricity," type descriptors  receive a +2 to hit for each with in 30ft to a max of +10 and has a 40% chance to damage an  additional Urvaeti within the 30ft, range. This percentage  drops by 2% per Urvaeti with in range to a minimum of 20%

Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds members of this race for 1 round; on subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area. 

Charge dependent:

the checks for making the steam generator work is knowledge arcana 13, knowledge engineering 10, knowledge geography 19, knowledge local 20, knowledge nature 15, Knowledge plains 20, survival 14, use magic device 10. The urvaeti must choose what skill they want to apply to this tool, and can change this skill selection when they level up.

The Urvati have a Energy cell, that consists of an artificial replica of the hivemind crystal that exists in every Urvaeti township. It is enclosed in a glass pyramid and emits a dark purple near black glow when fully charged, and a pale rose pink color when nearly dead. When placed in a receptacle, a pyramid indent on the exo armor of the Urvaeti or on their Steam-motion generators that charges it. The generator had an inner silver hued pot, with a inch gap between the copper pots rim and the silver pot. Two gears on the side, each gear had an outer gear fitting teeth to a inner gear, and on the outsides of the gear were small levels that would spin the silver pot, against the grains of the copper pot. The device produced power from Thermal, Chemical, kinetic and magical energy. As the silver plate reacts to heat trigged by placing embers in to the very center of the tools and the metal becomes chemically reactive to many substances from water, blood, salt water, and acid, typically the only real requirement is a liquid. The reaction releases magical energy, and is quickly absorbed by the mirthil in the power cell. The steam-motion generator, has levers on the side designed for the hidden wrist tentacles of the Urvaeti that spin the two layers against each other with incredible power, fast enough that the friction heats up the water into a steam, and the outer pot glows red. the steam will force itself threw pressure seals, to make the inner turbines on the outer gears spin to produce more energy, while the thermal energy of the copper pot is also absorbed.

To figure out how many charges are created, roll 2d12. The odd numbers divided by half rounded up are how many charges they get, and even numbers devided in half is the lost charges. They always get 1 charge minimal if they passed the checks to get here.

After 72 hours without a charge, they receive a -2  for every additional day up  to -6. Once they get to -6  that they go into hibernation mode. Where they emit a signal for emergency. (roll for contact starting at 20%  increasing by 5%  per day plus fort save)  This status lasts for 7 days, after which they shut down completely and the Urvaeti start to receive - 1 con every day, until they hit 0, this is considered dead.

(I hate trying to C and P from discord)

RP cost tracking
  • Fast x2 (3rp)
  • Natural attack. (1rp)
  • Multi-armed x2 (4rp)
  • Natural armor +3 ac (6rp)
  • Abberation. (3p)  
  • Greater Paragon. (2rp) +4 int, -2 cha, -2 con.
  • Half construct. (7rp,)
  • Climb speed 20ft. (2rp)
  • Weapon familiarity. (1rp)
  • Whips & Urv.Acidic weap
  • Xenophobic (0rp) Binary, optional Gnomish, Aboleth, Under common , Dragonic , aqua, Terran. Imp.
  • Energy Res. (4rp) Acid res. 10
  • Spell like ability: Dead skill absorb          (3rp)

70% chance to fail, decreases by 5% for every 2 class levels. Either +3 to knowledge skill of DMs choice for 1 + 1/2 class lvl hours, or can get +5 on any 1 knowledge check roll for 1 roll. These rolls(up to 3) can be stored for 24 hours

• Acidic assault              (1rp)
    Swift action +1d6 acid damage for 1 round per class lvl free action to end 

• All around vision.       (4rp)

• Skill bonus.                   (1rp)
    Climb and disable device are class skills

• Constructs flaw        (-4rp) Double damage from electricity but gives them haste 1d4 rounds

• Conductive field       (-4rp)
    Non touch attacks of the electric sub type +2 to hit per Urvaeti with in 30ft, max of +10, 40% to chain to another Urvaeti target with in 30ft, dromping by 2% for every Urvaeti with in 30ft min being 20% 

• Light blindness         (-2rp)

• Charge reliant.          (-10rp)

Altered Item And Enchantment Rules

Ignore the +1 requirement for magical effects, it just has to be masterwork to get magic.

Every +1 to the total weapons abilities or enchantment, besides the first bonus to weapons are 2% lower in cost , total discount for a max of 18%

Secondly if the enhancements and abilities combined are higher then +3, then they have a 20% chance to become sentient, and gain 10% chance for the next upgrade to gain sentience.

In another tab I will include a table for their alignment as the abilities of the weapon, and the alignment of the wielder will influence the alignment it has when it wakes up. I have a lot of talking weapons don't make it weird.

all magic items +2% per class level needed for crafting, -1% in cost per every 2 skill rating in diplomacy, as long as they take 10 minutes to negotiate price per item. I picture this as being such an annoying customer that you force the discount, if you would rather roll on it, its not this conversion.

NPC Bonus Levels:

NPC Class NPC Class Skill selection NPC skill point Fort Ref Will BAB HP bonus
Adept 4 class skills, Int mod + 2 +0 +0 +2 +0 1d6 + con modifier +2 hp
+0 +0 +3 +1
Expert 5 class skills Int mod + 3 +0 +0 +2 +0 1d8 + con modifier +2hp
+0 +0 +3 +1
Warrior 3 class skills Int mod + 1 +2 +0 +2 +1 1d10 + con modifier +2hp
+3 +0 +3 +2

The party in all cases is level 1 officially, however I would like each character to take two levels of one of the following NPC classes; Adept, Expert, Warrior,...

...,I mean you are Reincarnated Heroes after all?

Oh a few things;

You can only put your levels into only one npc class.

Class skills: You do not get all the class skills listed, instead you make a number of selections out of the class skills, and gain those. I mean unless your the Expert, then you just choose 5 skills of what every you want.

You also don't get all the skill points either instead refer to my table above or my quick short list below

Adept: Int mod + 2 and 4 class skills.

Expert: Int mod+3, and 5 class skills

Warrior: Int mod +1 and 3 skills

the class skills chosen this way have a max ranks at HD+2

You do not get the added "Hit-Dice." form these NPC levels, everything else is normal about the process. just so people are not just waving stuff away for mind controls and what have ya.

You get the BAB from the NPC classes, this BAB does not count for feat qualifications.

You get the Saves, these saves don't count for qualifications.

If you pick the Adept: your spell casting ability is overridden by the PC class you choose, I.e You pick wizard, and you use intelligence instead of the listed wisdom, Add the spells gained from the class to your spell list, and spell slots gained from the class. Lastly you don't get the familiar instead choose a bonus from the list of familiars and you get that bonus, (please write down on your character sheet what animal you chose for story reasons later, call it your lucky animal)

The max you can get from any familiar bonus is +2. (ie. the init bonus is not +4, its +2, it says you get +3 in a skill, you dont, you get +2 in that skill.)

This is my attempt to show that:

A) Characters are not killing Goblins their whole life, unless they are Goblins.

B) Need I remind you, the original body was such a bad ass they split you into three people. just to keep all of you from being on the material plain at any one time. now its so bad, they let the hounds out.

You do not get the character advancement stuff as they do not count towards your character level.

Your Starting Wealth and Inheritance Items

Starting wealth: Each character can spend 4.5k on a a suit of armor, weapon, wand or rod. PAss the change to the next line

Each character can spend 2.5k+ change from the weapon purchase for slotted magic items, Pass the change Down the line

Each character can spend 1.5k+ change from the previous purchase levels for any number of slotless magic items.

Max out your starter wealth for level 1, this is the only gp you can spend on whatever you'd like.

The three budgets is to represent that your characters were armed by someone before you took them over.

Each character gets +300 gp that can not be spent before the game starts.

Quick interjection while your shopping; Ignore the +1 requirement for magical effects/ abilities on armor or weapons it just has to be masterwork to get magic.

To recap

4.5k for Armor or Weapon, Wand or Rod. what is left over, Add 2.5k and spend it on Slotted magic items, meaning an item that you have to equip, now do the same, take the change, Add 1.5k and spend in on a slotless Item

Yes you are required to have one from each of these categories Or ill cry. You dont want to see a grown man cry and not in the cherry pie way. So spend.

At this point we finally we get to character wealth you get at level 1, Dont roll any thing just take the max for level 1, and buy any mundane gear you want, but ont worry about spending it all, as soon as you hit "GAME START" you get 300 gp as your walking around gold.

This is a Mix and Match deal. Any Character From Your Three can have any Rune, but none of Your Characters can have the same Rune.

Traits: No equipment traits, but you do get two traits, and for every added trait you take after the second trait, you take an additional flaw, up to Six flaws. You can also remove all benefits of the NPC class skills, including the higher max as a flaw.

You can trade 3 traits for 1 feat, you would still need to take one flaw.

2 traits

3 traits or 1 feat, 1 flaw

4 traits or 1 feat, 1 trait, and 3 flaws.

5 traits, or 1 feat, 2 traits, and 6 flaws.

3 times per day, any runed character can add the bonus of another rune for 1d4 rounds, or any non combat roll. This must be declared before you attack, or attacked or roll the dice to be effected.

Body rune: The body rune adds a bonus of +1 to AC, +1 to fort save, +1 to damage.

Mind rune: The mind rune grants +1 to will save, you can use knowledge skills untrained.

Soul: +1 on all saves, at character creation choose either Dex, or cha, and all skills that use these as their base, when using a skill that uses that stat, roll percentiles, and 40%+2% per level, if you roll under this number then you add the highest modifier you have to the skill check.

Hopefully You a Chunky Hunky Bad MuSHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Now that I got all that outta the way.

For Rolls for character creation, I made a topic for it. So were all using the same system, and its all right there. Thanks.