~ Itadakimasu ~

KaeCozy

Greetings and Good Morning (because its after 2 AM for me)

I go by Kae. I've been a member of this site for a little while now, but haven't really dipped my chips in anywhere yet. I'm more of a 'find people I like and just associate with them' more than a 'participate in a big community setting' kind of person.

I'm a TTRPGer and have been for many years, going on about two and a half decades now. My original appetizer to the genre was with Dungeons & Dragons 3E, however I have long since evolved and now play numerous different cuisines. My favorite dishes include Ryuutama, Traveller, Pokemon Tabletop United, and now and then I might play some heavily modded versions of D&D5e (Witch+Craft and Dragon Stew, for instance, are my favorite mods). I am not particularly new to play-by-post, but when I do play ttrpgs, it is my preferred medium. Live games just aren't my thing, probably because I'm more of a writer than a social butterfly.

As far as what kinds of games I like to play, it varies. I got pretty burned out on the traditional high-octane epic adventures or the intensive dungeon crawl genres. Nowadays my menu consists of more casual concepts, stuff that revolves around low-stakes, slice-of-fantasy-life or the newly dubbed 'cozy fantasy' aesthetics. I like games where we take our time, get to know each other, and really stew in the characters and the plots. Alternatively, just any kind of adventure game where the solution is something other than stabbing something with a sword or exploding them with a fireball.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

-- Kae

PS.: If it wasn't clear by the title of this thread and the numerous food-related puns strewn about the post, I am a huge foodie, so the best way to my heart is through my stomach.

Arigato gozaimasu!

I actually wasn't familiar with Dungeon Meshi until recently when I saw the teaser trailer for the anime but the manga has been on my wishlist ever since. Honestly, anime depictions of food make me hungrier than seeing the real thing!

Also big fan of the similar manga/anime like Tondemo Sukiru de Isekai Hōrō Meshi and Isekai Izakaya.

6 hours ago, cailano said:

Hi Kae, I'm Cai. I don't think you'd like the types of games I run very much, but that's okay! There are games around here for all tastes. Welcome to the Weave!

Yeah, I get that a lot. The whole 'I get bored of epic games and fighting all the time' tends to single me out of a lot of groups, but I know there is an audience out there for what I like, its just a matter of finding them. I appreciate the welcome nonetheless.

1 hour ago, KaeCozy said:

Yeah, I get that a lot. The whole 'I get bored of epic games and fighting all the time' tends to single me out of a lot of groups, but I know there is an audience out there for what I like, its just a matter of finding them. I appreciate the welcome nonetheless.

No worries, everyone should play as they like, and the world would be boring if we were all the same. I'm all about the OSR experience, so I like lots of scary monsters and trap-filled dungeons. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryuutama!

We managed to pull a full in-person campaign before the pandemy started. Rules are definitely unfinished (it really feels like the author only runs intros, improvises much of it, and never tested higher-level play), but with some tweaking it was a great experience, involving way too much aggressive legumes and dangerous (literally) puns.

Played it out on a pre-drawn map to explore helped a lot. The notion of the GM having levels and powers was awesome to consider, but didn't seem to work in any meaningful way, though.

On 9/18/2023 at 2:52 AM, KaeCozy said:

Greetings and Good Morning (because its after 2 AM for me)
I go by Kae. I've been a member of this site for a little while now, but haven't really dipped my chips in anywhere yet. I'm more of a 'find people I like and just associate with them' more than a 'participate in a big community setting' kind of person.

Welcome to the Weave, Kae! And don't worry, you'll find folks to hang with in due time. Many of us are that way.

Anyhow, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to our Baldr User Guide, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful. We do things a touch differently than some other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Game Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways. There is much to be gained by going outside of the box, after all.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel, especially if you have questions. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly 😂

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki

On 10/3/2023 at 6:29 PM, Yamazaki said:

Welcome to the Weave, Kae! And don't worry, you'll find folks to hang with in due time. Many of us are that way.

Anyhow, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to our Baldr User Guide, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful. We do things a touch differently than some other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Game Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways. There is much to be gained by going outside of the box, after all.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel, especially if you have questions. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly 😂

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki

What is the best way to find a game on Weave if I'm not sure what system I want to play? Please let me know. Thanks

Edited by thao16 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, thao16 said:

What is the best way to find a game on Weave if I'm not sure what system I want to play? Please let me know. Thanks

I don't think there's a best way, honestly. But there's two methods that might help you.

1) figure out what kinds of games interest you. Even knowing what genres sound fun will go a long way.

2) just poke around the various game ads and see what sounds fun. Then look into the system it uses.

If you need help, let us know!