Vladim

Next steps...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do next?

• Visit Ardith, Hartfast's wounded grand-daughter
    • Visit the mines and find Fundor
    • Find Magric and learn more about the Dwimmerhorn
  2. 2. Split the party?

• Yes. We can cover more ground that way.
    • No. Let's stick together.

As mentioned briefly on Discord, these are the next steps. Please submit your preferences here.

It is possible to split the party to cover more ground, but we don't have to. Vote your preference about that one as well!

Chapter 2: The Harrowed Hall

Scene 12: Onwards

Time: Early summer 2950 T.A. Sixteen days since the departure from Rhosgobel. Early morning.

spacer.pngThe companions, much like those amongst the Woodmen that were deemed able-bodied, remained vigilant through the night. But no more attacks came, and as the first rays of sunlight pierced the sky, it was decided that the goblins would truly not bother them for at least one more day. Hartfast thus called for a gathering at the Great Hall, and the village elders summoned all those that could attend quickly-virtually every man and woman that had not been wounded, save a few, who kept the watch or minded the children.

By now, word of what had happened had spread throughout the settlement, and there was little point in repeating it to the assembly. What little Hartfast did was only to dispel any untrue rumors or misunderstandings about it. Indeed, some of the companions-all if they wished to speak publicly-were invited to give their firsthand accounts, which the villagers listened to carefully.

But there was also new information to be gained: for when the dwarves spoke, they revealed that the goblins could not have come from the mine that they were watching; it was more likely that another had been used, or a new opening to their tunnels had been secured elsewhere on the mountain-side. Still, the foul orc-kin's goals-to burn down the storehouse, and perhaps spread the fires elsewhere-had been thwarted.

But the attempt, which had come so soon after the one that had preceded it, had unnerved both Hartfast and his kin. Already the chieftain was hard at work organizing a stronger militia, and more watchmen. This could not be allowed to happen again. And at last, the dwarves, though reluctant, were coming to: perhaps they could allow the sealing of the mines, at least temporarily, until the root cause could be dealt with directly. And though the aid of the companions was both praised and welcomed, it seemed that things here were under control-at least as long as Firienseld was not attacked by a greater host.

OOC

This is the part where we should decide what the company wants to do next. I will set up a poll in the coming days. Until then, feel free to decide amongst yourselves. The main decision is to continue Radagast's mission and investigate the Gladden, or stay here and help with Mountain-Hall's troubles (mainly the goblins). You can split the party, if you want, in which case I'll run to parallel (and probably private) threads.

Mechanically, you may:

• Recover a number of Endurance points equal to your basic heart rating for resting after the fight.
  • Recover another 2+basic heart points if you sleep (even for a little while).
  • Lower your Travel Fatigue by 1 if you sleep (even for a little while).

Please indicate if your character does, indeed, sleep at all after the fight at some point in your post.

Ok, so to summarize, here's what it all looks like to me:

Gramtyng: Go see Magric first, because he knows him.

Lachiel: See Ardith, as Hartfast kind-of, sort-of requested it.

Barin: Go see Fundor, alone (as Fundor is a fellow dwarf and might only listen to/trust him).

Dahr-Ol: Visit Fundor with Barin tomorrow, after resting (but unclear if Barin prefers to go alone).

Cecil: Go see Fundor (but unclear if Barin prefers to go alone).

I am a little unsure if Barin prefers to go to Fundor alone, but since Dahr-Ol and Cecil want to come, I'll have the three of them go together unless anyone tells me otherwise. I'll set us up in some side-threads later today, or tomorrow.