Lounging at the Dragon & Flagon (OOC Conversation)

Anthr4xus

I think we ought to set a date to just hit the ground running since we can flesh out remaining world building as we go. Maybe a week or so?

For connections, it might be easiest for everyone to just answer the questions in "game rules" for each other character after reading through their sheets, and then people can veto/suggest edits on relationships that intersect with their own characters to maintain player agency. 

That would work for me.  To give me a chance to figure out the die roller on this site, I'll probably answer random questions.  Since dice are fun.

In the book, I think it had several tables of questions to roll on, depending on if you wanted positive or negative associations.  Might be interesting if we aren't all friends, since we aren't in your standard adventuring party, but I don't know.  Need to avoid hard feelings whatever happens.

My view is that tension between characters is fine, and resolving that tension is an interesting arc in and of itself, but overt antagonism is not, especially since this is an online game with more or less complete strangers. In any case I imagine Ingwe as a pretty chill guy in terms of holding grudges or viewing students with enmity without due reason.

Looks like there is writing to do 🥳

I think I went a bit roll-happy with the questions.  The book says to do it with one person, sitting clockwise from you around the table, for the short version, do it with everyone for the medium version, and do it twice with people you know for the long version, of the introduction.  I rolled a question about each person.

Then realized I should probably ask if that is what we should do.  Are we doing questions about everyone?  Then getting started soonish?

Also kind of curious about what the extra-curricular clubs are going to be about, what sport(s) we play, things like that, but with PbP it might be best if that's done in a simplified way rather than a discussion, or we could be doing it for months.  Perhaps the GM decides, with some input?

On 7/2/2022 at 4:43 PM, matt_s said:

I think we ought to set a date to just hit the ground running since we can flesh out remaining world building as we go. Maybe a week or so?

For connections, it might be easiest for everyone to just answer the questions in "game rules" for each other character after reading through their sheets, and then people can veto/suggest edits on relationships that intersect with their own characters to maintain player agency. 

Let's go ahead and look at officially starting on 7/11.  That gives everyone another week to work out pre-existing relationships.

13 hours ago, KingGoblin said:

Also kind of curious about what the extra-curricular clubs are going to be about, what sport(s) we play, things like that, but with PbP it might be best if that's done in a simplified way rather than a discussion, or we could be doing it for months.  Perhaps the GM decides, with some input?

It would be great if anyone had particular clubs they are interested in.  I know a couple people had some clubs listed on their sheets.  I'll put together a list of those.  The sport(s) may be better to work out after we start unless someone has a particular interest in starting out heavily engaged with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Realized I forgot to put an explanation on making rolls under the Game Rules section. This has been fixed.  Please let me know if there are questions.  I've not played around with the Dice Tower here on the new site, so I did not put in a formula for the roll.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda want to do a brief check in - do people want to keep this game going? I am still interested in this, but it sounds like interest is kinda on the wane and some people haven't posted since the IC stuff got rolling, so I assume they are out.

I'm fine with that.  If the others want to jump in at some point they are welcome too.  I'll give the other two a chance to react to the suggestion about moving to the Maze, and then scoot the scene along on Monday at the lastest.

• 3 weeks later...

honestly, unless someone really wants to continue, I'd say we pull the plug on this game sadly. If we are going to try to keep it going, I'd say make another recruitment drive which should be easy-ish given we are barely in the first scene. My personal preference is to make an explicit decision to end or press on rather than fading away, hence this post.

Yeah, I don't know.  It seems like a cool game, cool idea, but part of me thinks it is just this new Baldur thing that keeps it from working right yet.  I don't know if people just made applications, then stopped checking the site, or something?