Buubuu: 3/3 Bennies, 2 Wounds

Laura II Crash Site:
Corvid Shuttle: Landed on Laura II, fuel cut
Dove Shuttle: Moored at Laura II, fuel cut

Missing Escape Pod:
Rudith: ?
Gloopurt: ?
Gohn: ?

During the ascent, before they are silenced by the ramping G-forces Jace is able to connect with the other team through the tactical comms. "We read you here," Keita responds, cutting off the beginning of a response by Yat. "Can't say how secure it is, but the comms work! I mean, it didn't sound like they had any hackers or comms... interception experts? Nothing like that. We should be fine!" Barring physical bugs or access to the channel, it doesn't seem like they'd have a way to listen in.

Biting her lip, Beth's hand hovers over her own comms panel. "Yeah. I'll have to hail them to open the dropship hangar once we're up there. If they don't open it, I guess we'll have to cut our way in with my laser."

Exit from atmosphere goes about as smoothly as can be expected, with oxygen masks on for the crew. There are none designed for the two aliens, but neither is outwardly adversely affected by the forces at play. By the time they arrive in the void of space and G-forces slacken, only Simba appears winded and a little sick from the exit.

"We're safely in orbit," Baba reports from the shuttle. "Some of us are a little worse for wear, but nobody passed out."

"Came close though," a second, strained voice joins in, Becky's from the sound of it. "Thank the stars for cyberlungs."

Shushing everyone from the cockpit, Beth switches on her comms panel and licks her lips. "Captain, come in?"

There's a delay, and she repeats the hail. A voice comes in the line, "Report. I'm reading you on approach, who is that with you?"

"We were able to get one of their shuttles," Beth answers, swallowing. "We've got the wounded loaded, and... we got as much crap from that dome as we could carry. Hopefully we can sell it to recoup losses," she bullshits nervously. "Requesting hangar access."

"You sound unsettled, pilot," the mercenary captain's voice observes coolly.

Thinking quickly, she excuses, "Just winded from exit."

Silence hangs on the other end of the comms for uncomfortably long. The mercenary ship lacks the fancy drop-down screen to see the outside, but peering out through the cockpit window reveals the mercenary ship. It was a smaller vessel once, but like the prisoner reported it's been built up with parts from other vessels picked apart, as if by vultures. A mercenary carrier, now bereft of the fleet of dropships it once housed. Not exactly a pretty beast.

There are four hangar airlocks, two on either side of the vessel. Two open on the starboard side, coaxing them in. "Permission granted, pilot," the merc captain states.

"Copy," Beth switches off the comm mic and asks over her shoulder, "Left or right hangar?" The left hangar is closer to the rear of the vessel and its engines - as well as the doctor's section - while the right hangar is closer to the bridge. The difference is minimal, since they seem to be connected, but who knows.

image.jpeg.6d387d6a568b5a4ba33f4186c1819963.jpegJace Falcone, Halcyon Field Commander & Acting Expedition Commander

Jace replied, "Let's take the one on the right. The trailing dropship with then take the left. We shall need to hit the Bridge fast upon docking. As soon as we have boarded we can begin tactical comms between teams again. I don't want to risk saying anything yet. Let's get aboard first."

"What will our path to the Bridge be like? How many hatches or compartments to go through? How wide are the passageways? That sort of thing."

Over his shoulder to those of his assault team he declared, "Get ready. Carl and Geo will lead the way. If you find anyone waiting for us just inside, take them out fast. If you can, try not to kill them, but only incapacitate if you can."

Team Assignments

Alpha: Jace, Geo, Ferny, Carl, Kochinho, and Simba with Beth piloting.
Bravo: Baba, Tiki, Yat, Keita, Becky, Mox, and S'hax

Character Info

SWADE Character Sheet
Notice: 1d6+2
Parry: 5
Toughness: 6 Base (12 Ballistic, 14 Laser)

Bennies: 3/3

Weapon in hand: Laser Rifle

Galactic Standard Time: 08:17 am / Landfall Planetary Time: 15:30 am
Hours Remaining to Deadline: ~2

Party Members and Status

Status

Halcyon Merc Dropship Alpha:
Jace
Beth:
Carl: 3/3 Bennies
Ferny: 3/3 Bennies
Geo: 3/3 Bennies
Kochinho:
Simba: Fatigued

Aquilla Shuttle:
Baba: 3/4 Bennies, 1 Wound
Herbie:
Tiki: 3/3 Bennies, 1 Wound, Fatigued
Keita: 2/2 Bennies, Fatigued
Yat: 3/3 Bennies
Becky: Fatigued
Mox:
S'hax: 1 Wound, Fatigued

The Sathar Dome:

Halcyon Shuttle: At dome

Kershkick Mound:
Marg: 1/4 Bennies
Vernon:
Francis:
Hanna: Unconscious, Drugged?
Kirby:
Felix:
Captain Roark: 3/3 Bennies, 3 Wounds
Vinz: 1 Wound

Laura II Crash Site:

Missing Escape Pod:

Pilot2Face.png.161046058b170362521cb4f560101662.pngTaking a deep breath, Beth nods and steers the dropship towards the right-side hangar. "In the hangar, there's a large door straight ahead into a maintenance shop. We pull vehicles in there when they need work," she begins explaining the layout as they approach. "From there there's a hallway on the righthand side of the room that leads across to the other hangars, where the fighters are docked. On the left there's an elevator and access ladder. Up goes to the crew deck and the armory, then past that to the bridge. There used to be a shaft down to the rear of the ship, but it's in need of repairs." She swallows. "There's cameras. The element of surprise will be gone once we disembark."

They draw into the hangar airlock, and Jace gets a view inside of the hangar itself through a long window as it cycles. A wide open room that reminds him of a garage, with lashed storage crates positioned around it, serving double duty as a cargo hold. Though they clearly aren't carrying trade goods; the containers hold spare batteries for the dropship lasers, and he sees spare parts for the illegal sonic clearing devices. The hangar is dirty and grimy, and there's clear wear and tear from past fights breaking out inside.

"In the other hangar, the elevator up terminates at the crew quarters, and the one down goes to the ship's rear," Beth continues as she waits for the airlock. "But there's a door between the two hangars there," she points through the window, indicating another large gate allowing access from one to the other. "On either side of the hangars on this floor are the batteries for the ship's laser weapons."

A green light beeps on and the airlock doors open. Beth rolls them gently forward into the hangar. With a clearer view no longer obstructed by the windows, it looks empty. Unbuckling, Carl maneuvers past Geo - who in turn takes time to turn around - and readies his laser. It cauterizes its own wounds, making it better for non-lethal shots. When the ramp goes down, they step out and Carl sweeps the area, checking cover behind crates. Geo approaches the gate to the maintenance shop, which sits shut with an access panel beside it.

"Clear," Carl reports.

"No one here," Becky's voice echoes from the other team, over comms.

Speakers in the corner of the ceiling crackle to life. A voice Jace recognizes as the mercenary captain's speaks over it. "That doesn't look like our crew, Beth. And that's one hell of an alien. I thought you sounded off." Carl tries hitting the panel next to the maintenance gate, but it blinks red and denies access. In the background of the intercom, the sound of fingers typing on a keyboard can be heard. It seems like the captain had his suspicions after Beth's report and was making trecautions.

Squinting at the text on the panel, Carl turns and calls, "Needs a voice author-"

"Pilot authorizing to open!" Beth shouts, stepping out of the dropship with the rest. The red light blinks green and the maintenance gates begin to hiss open. A second pair just across a small jog of a hallway open in sync with them, leading to the workshop. More storage space, alongside a workbench and enclosed clear plastic shelves lined with power tools and kits.

"Graphole computer," the captain's voice mutters, his voice tinged with the workplace exhaustion of someone who hates technology, and the sound of typing speeds up. "That won't work again, I'm deleting your voice recognition as we speak." With a firmer tone after the brief flustering, he states, "This is Captain Armando of the Black Mamba. I think our situation warrants a parley. Who's in charge down there?"

Hangar Layout

merchangars.png.53673936f1c0c12d68efaabca86ea146.png

image.jpeg.6d387d6a568b5a4ba33f4186c1819963.jpegJace Falcone, Halcyon Field Commander & Acting Expedition Commander

Jace motioned for Baba's team to continue deploying and head aft. "Keep going and try to bypass any locked doors if you can. Only stop pressing aft if I come to some arrangement for the Captain to surrender."

He nodded to Carl and Geo, motioning for them to keep going as planned to try to take the Bridge. "Just don't rip a hole in the outer hull, but we should at least block the entrance to their armory ASAP."

He followed in their wake, unconcerned if the merc commander heard his commands to his troops deploying. He was using it as part of his bargaining anyway.

Speaking out, he raised his voice to ensure it was obvious he wanted to be heard by the intercom pickups. "Well, Captain Armando, I am Commander Falcone. Not that I really expect my name to mean much to you... unless you have dossiers on all my ship's crew before coming out here. Regardless, I am willing to parley for your surrender of the vessel and offer you parole just like I have for my other prisoners. Her efforts to aid our assault should speak enough towards my integrity for keeping my word."

"Indeed, I can call off the death and destruction of the xeno-wrecking machine I am unleashing upon your ship. I do have to advise you that he was able to take out one of your dropships and its mercs nearly by himself alone."

Team Assignments

Character Info

SWADE Character Sheet

Name
Battle Skill and Wild Dice
1; 2
explode(1d6,7,7); explode(1d6,6,7) [1]; [1,2]
Persuasion
5; 5
explode(1d6,7,7); explode(1d6,6,7) [5]; [5,5]

Galactic Standard Time: 08:20 am / Landfall Planetary Time: 15:33 am

Party Members and Status

Status

Jace
Beth:
Carl: 3/3 Bennies
Kochinho:

Aquilla Shuttle:
Herbie:
Mox:

The Sathar Dome:

Kershkick Mound:
Vernon:
Francis:
Kirby:
Felix:

Laura II Crash Site:

Missing Escape Pod:

Pilot2Face.png.161046058b170362521cb4f560101662.pngCarl.png.55914ca1d41e8f2bfcb0d07d22fd9f5d.pngThough the other team is out of sight at the moment, Baba confirms she picked up his instructions over comms. "Got it. Keita and S'hax are taking a look at the lock now."

Advancing into the maintenance shop of the righthand hangar, Alpha Team spreads out. Kochinho and Simba move to either side to check the corners and covers of the room, behind the crates and machinery. Carl and Geo advance towards the door to the elevator shaft.

"There's a room with a lift on the other side, so you can force this door open without breaking the elevator," she tells Carl. He nods and grabs his hunting knife.

"Alright, big guy. I got a plan. I'm gonna wedge this here knife in there," Geo.png.ba90473e1103898afcc4650b2693d471.pnghe points at the sliding door, "To help you get your claws in, then you pry it open?"

"This should be able," Geo responds, poising his blades in wait. Licking his lips, Carl lunges forward first, digging his hunting knife into the crack of the door. He positions his shoulder and foot against the two ends of the doorframe and growls as he pulls to force them apart just a little more. His poor knife bends from the effort, but it's enough space for Geo to lunge forward, blade impacting the crack like a bullet and lodging itself firmly into the gap. Together - mostly Geo at this point - they begin to force it open, with the sound of creaking and struggling machinery screeching through the room. On the other side, Jace can see a ring of catwalks around a central lift, with two ladders going up and down on either side.

"So it can talk," the Captain observes. He remains calm in the face of their advance, but Jace can tell he's been caught off guard by the intelligence of said xeno-wrecking machine. "You have us outnumbered right now, that much is true, Commander. A position of strength. But just to be clear about the cards on the table, venting one hangar of supplies into space is an acceptable sacrifice to even those odds, if you continue to force this advance." Armando pauses to consider Jace's words. "Letting your full crew onto my vessel is a big risk. You may have integrity, but with too many emotional people there are too many things that could go wrong. I'm willing to negotiate a group of yours' to come back with us, while the rest wait for you to send rescue."

"They found a way to get the first door open, but they've still got their hands in the electricals," Baba reports to Jace through comms. She keeps her voice low, hoping the Captain can't hear her. "S'hax might be able to close and brick the door behind us, once we're through. Like he did the armory. Is there anyone who can do that on your side? Then they can't vent either of us."

Hangar Layout

Jace frowned as he realized his teams were not balanced to be operating independently for dealing with electronics and hacking. He keyed his comms and spoke low, covering his mouth with his hand to even stop lip-reading, "No, we don't have a tech wiz. You have all three in your team."

"New plan, see if you can link us up though these doors and keep us from getting vented out into space."

He gestured for Carl and Geo to keep going and then pointed to the others to stay with him for the moment and pointed to the door leading back to the hangar and made a closing gesture.

Jace then took some time to speak louder for the enemy captain, "Sorry, no deal on trusting you to take half of my people away from here. But I have control of my teams and they will follow orders if you surrender. Though, I will refrain from wrecking your ship if you want to come down here and parley in person."

OOC

Team Assignments:

I am not sure where everyone is at based on the descriptions, and the map is not helping without anyone on it. However, that is not important if my intent is workable.

I was assuming we would need to split up to secure the Bridge and Engineering. However, if we can stay together to negate the danger of getting vented by the hangar doors being opened and then move on to take the locations then i would do that.

Edit: revised content

Character Info

SWADE Character Sheet

Edited by Paro (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Galactic Standard Time: 08:21 am / Landfall Planetary Time: 15:34 am

Party Members and Status

Status

Jace
Beth:
Carl: 2/3 Bennies, 1 Wound, Shaken
Kochinho:

Aquilla Shuttle:
Herbie:
Mox:

The Sathar Dome:

Kershkick Mound:
Vernon:
Francis:
Kirby:
Felix:

Laura II Crash Site:

Missing Escape Pod:

Pilot2Face.png.161046058b170362521cb4f560101662.pngCarl.png.55914ca1d41e8f2bfcb0d07d22fd9f5d.png"Right. If we get one of those middle doors open he'd have to vent both hangars," Baba confirms over comms in a low voice. Hopefully the mercenary's greed would outstrip his ruthless pragmatism.

At Jace's gesture, Beth points at one of the metal crates in the maintenance room, getting Kochinho and Simba to help her shove it between the second set of hangar doors. Once it's obstructed, she flips the switch to close them.

The outer hangar door slides shut with a loud thoom and a click of the locking mechanisms, while the other door's safeties detect the obstruction and prevent it from closing, making an annoying beeping sound instead. The middle hallway would be stuck open for the other squad to get through.

"Not complying, then," the captain's tone deepens into a growl, and Jace can hear him hammering at his keyboard. It sounds like he intends to make good on his threat, but there's no sound of the adjacent hangar being vented yet, nor any calls for help over comms. The man didn't sound like he was the best with computers earlier, and there must be safeties to override before forcing the hangar airlocks open. Team Bravo still has some time.

In the meantime, Geo nearly tears one of the doors into the lift shaft out of its socket, bending the door open enough for someone normal sized to crawl through. He wouldn't quite be able to squeeze through himself, yet. Carl pokes his head through the hole to try and see what's above them. "MOTHERgrragh!" metal sizzles under laser fire and Carl shouts, pulling back with an arm over his head. He narrowly avoided a laser-drilled hole through the head, but the beam burned across the top of his hat, melting the material to his scalp. Leaning against the wall, he grits his teeth and gasps out, "Saw two guys... two up there. On a catwalk higher up." Sucking in a breath, he adds, "One has a laser smg. Other was holding... something, grenade I think."

There is the sound of a large set of door opening, but again no accompanying cacophony of a venting hangar. Team Bravo has opened the doors between their maintenance room and hangar.

OOC

Event Log

Poking his head into a waiting ambush, Carl takes an unlucky raised shot through cover when he attempts to peek-scout the shaft, risking 2 Wounds. He soaks 1 of the Wounds with a Benny, and he can opt to spend more if you would like him to. However, he also raised on his Notice check to scout what was up there. Two goons, one has a laser SMG and the other was holding a grenade but hasn't thrown it yet.

With the Captain now attempting to work his computers to vent one of the teams and an enemy presence in the elevator shaft, we will run this as a Quick/Staged Encounter.

Team Alpha and Bravo may take actions to resolve the threats.

Maps

Team Alpha Lift Shaft

The lift is currently on the hangar's level. There is a ladder on either side of the lift shaft leading to the other levels.

merclift.png.e534e5b2b440a452b8ca90f8b0442eb5.png

Hangars

Team Alpha is on the right hand side. The top door of the two between the upper quadrant and lower quadrant is stuck open with a crate, while the lower one is now closed by Beth. The door to the lift shaft is now open enough for a normal sized creature to fit through, and Geo can pry it open further with Athletics to get access.

Ferny, Carl and Geo are near the lift door. Beth, Kochinho and Simba are near the doors to the hangar.

Team Bravo is on the left hand side and just got the doors to their maintenance room open. They are currently clustered around the doors.

Edited by Sala (see edit history)

Jace nodded, "Copy, Carl. Pull back a sec. Let Geo get a wider opening and then let us see about using a crate for mobile cover or something. I don't think they would really risk a frag grenade, so we have potential for dose or tangler. I wonder if Ferny can fling a grenade up to them. Let's have her try here in a moment."

"Bravo, keep trying to link us up. This is going to be hairy since we did not get much surprise and the captain is being obstinate."

He continued to direct actions as he moved close to the opening. Once in position, he sticks his laser rifle pointed up through the opening and pulls the trigger to spray some suppressive fire in preparation for Ferny's grenade throw.

"Kochinho, talk to Beth about another way up to the Bridge that perhaps would only work for those like you and Ferny. Simba, get ready to fire as well."

OOC

Team Assignments:

Actions:

Geo Athletics

Ferny Athletics

Carl Vigor recovery

Jace Suppressive Fire

Beth and Kochinho talking

Simba Firing.

Character Info

SWADE Character Sheet

Name
Carl Vigor
1; 10
explode(1d8,8,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [1]; [1,6,4]
Geo Athletics
4; 9
explode(1d10,10,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [4]; [4,6,3]
Ferny Athletics
3; 5
explode(1d8,8,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [3]; [3,5]
Jace Suppressive Fire Shooting
2; 4
explode(1d10,10,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [2]; [2,4]
Laser Rifle Damage
explode(3d6,6,11) 2,6,2,1
Simba Shooting
explode(1d8,8,11) 7

Galactic Standard Time: 08:22 am / Landfall Planetary Time: 15:35 am

Party Members and Status

Status

Jace
Beth:
Carl: 1/3 Bennies
Kochinho:

Aquilla Shuttle:
Herbie:
Mox:

The Sathar Dome:

Kershkick Mound:
Vernon:
Francis:
Kirby:
Felix:

Laura II Crash Site:

Missing Escape Pod:

Pilot2Face.png.161046058b170362521cb4f560101662.pngCarl.png.55914ca1d41e8f2bfcb0d07d22fd9f5d.png"Right, right," after he catches his breath and manages to take his hat off, Carl finds that the melted material is mostly stuck to his hair. Painful, but it didn't cause any deeper tissue burns. He quickly grabs a dose grenade from his belt and passes it to Ferny. "Member, just like I taught ya. Pull the pin and toss it up at them."

The metal groans. Geo's claws rend the opposite door open like a walking piece of industrial equipment. Stepping up to the other side, Jace's suppressing fire keeps the two above from being able to take careful aim. When Ferny unpins the grenade and scrumples into the opening, some haphazard laser fire hits the door frame next to her but misses her body. Utilizing her body as a natural sling, she arcs a dose grenade up and onto the catwalk above.

Tranquilizing mist begins to spray out, leaking down through the metal catwalk grate and rapidly dissipating into the air. The merc with the laser gun is too late breathing in, in an attempt to hold his breath. He tumbles to the side and slumps down next to his buddy.

Proving better at holding his breath under pressure, the grenade-toting goon is about to pull the pin when Simba steps over Ferny and squeezes off a shot with his rifle. "Got him!" The particle projectile strikes, and while his body armor stops it from being a wounding shot, he's shaken and loses his grip on the grenade. Reaching out, he fumbles and drops it. When it clatters down onto the walkway next to Alpha Team, pin unpulled, it is revealed to be another dose grenade. Choosing not to fight further outnumbered, the mercenary begins climbing one of the ladders on the next level.

During the brief exchange of fire, the sound of a door opening breaks through the annoying beeping in the background. Team Bravo files in through the center hallway, using the larger gate Beth pinned open using a crate.

"It was pretty easy the second time, wiring was totally the same," Keita brags, twirling a multitool in her hand. "Hear that, El Capitan? There's a straight route from us to the lift now! Are you gonna risk venting the whole ship?"

There's a growl of frustration from the other side of the intercom system. "Damn it. Form up!" Footsteps announce the captain moving away from his terminal. Jace's experience tells him that the best place for the enemy to set up would be further up the elevator shaft, where they would have high ground, cover and a choke point built into one, and the landing party would be forced to climb to reach them. Some of the enemy might be below in the lower decks however, so he can't be certain the numbers the captain has on hand. The good news is that the broken lower section of this lift is blocked off just as Beth said - they can't get flanked from below here.

Kochinho and Beth move closer. The pilot reports, "There's a vent system, but the upper and lower parts are on different uh, systems. We could send someone down to the engines from here, but we'll need to get a level up if anyone wants to try and flank the bridge."

OOC

Event Log

Carl successfully clears both Wounds with a retried Soak check.

Geo continues to pry the door open. It is now wide enough to fit him through if he squeezes.

Jace lays down Suppressive Fire, inflicting Distracted on both goons, though no damage since it didn't raise.

Ferny throws a dose grenade up onto the catwalk above. Laser goon passes out.

Simba lands a shot on the grenade goon with his blaster rifle. His shot leaves grenade goon Shaken.

Keita attempts to unlock the middle door, with Support from S'hax. Between the two of them, they are able to Raise and get it open swiftly.

Grenade goon is unable to clear Shaken, and he flees. He is still visible above. The catwalk grate gives him medium cover to lasers and blasters that scatter or lose heat from the intervening material, but only light cover to slugthrowers which can punch through.

The Captain abandons the attempt at venting Team Bravo and leaves his terminal.

Next round/stage begins. The teams have a chance to stop the retreating goon, and get into position or ready attacks. Athletics can get a character up the ladders quickly, and the lowest catwalk can hold about nine people, or seven plus Geo.

Maps

Team Alpha Lift Shaft

The lift is currently on the hangar's level. There is a ladder on either side of the lift shaft leading to the other levels.

Hangars

Team Alpha is on the right hand side. The top door of the two between the upper quadrant and lower quadrant is stuck open with a crate, while the lower one is now closed by Beth. The door to the lift shaft is now open enough for Geo to squeeze through.

Jace, Ferny, Carl, Geo and Simba are near the lift door. Beth and Kochinho are in the middle of the room.

Team Bravo is now in the same quadrant as Team Alpha, near the hangar doors.

Jace had a brief smile, "Great work, Ferny and Simba. Geo, up fast to secure next levels and catch that prey. Ferny, take that dropped grenade and follow."

"Glad you are through, Keita. You stay with us. Baba, you and Yat take the rest of your team and secure the engine room. As long as we have clear path between teams, we can potentially back each other up," he continued giving instructions as he quickly moved after the two xeno-forms that could climb better without reliance on the ladder.

"Team Alpha, follow me."

Geo was fast, but Ferny was not quite on the same level of speed. Jace moved quickly but struggled to keep up with the mega-xeno.

OOC

Team Assignments:

Alpha: Jace, Geo, Ferny, Carl, Kochinho, Simba, and Keita with Beth piloting.
Bravo: Baba, Tiki, Yat, Becky, Mox, and S'hax

Actions:

Geo Athletics

Ferny Athletics

Carl Athletics

Jace Athletics

Kochinho Athletics

Simba Athletics

Keita Athletics

Beth bringing up rear slower and cannot fit on catwalk

Character Info

SWADE Character Sheet

Name
Jace Battle for Athletics
5; 3
explode(1d8,8,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [5]; [5,3]
Ferny Athletics
3; 3
explode(1d10,10,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [3]; [3,3]
Geo Athletics
15; 6
explode(1d10,10,11)+2; explode(1d6,6,11)+2 [10,3]; [10,3,4]
Jace Athletics
6; 1
explode(1d10,10,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [6]; [6,1]
Carl Athletics
1; 4
explode(1d8,8,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [1]; [1,4]
Keita Athletics
5; 4
explode(1d6,6,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [5]; [5,4]
Simba Athletics
explode(1d8,8,11) 8,1
Kochinho Athletics
explode(1d6,6,11) 6,1

Galactic Standard Time: 08:23 am / Landfall Planetary Time: 15:36 am

Party Members and Status

Status

Team Alpha
Jace
Beth:
Carl: 1/3 Bennies
Kochinho: Unconscious (Dose Grenade)
Simba: Fatigued, Blinded (1 round)

Team Bravo
Aquilla Shuttle:
Herbie:
Mox:

The Sathar Dome:

Kershkick Mound:
Vernon:
Francis:
Kirby:
Felix:

Laura II Crash Site:

Missing Escape Pod:

Ferny.png.eea8bf7f89bcbb5d4ac361d764970fc5.pngGeo.png.7eb7c329992a2652afa552cc480b0880.png"Alright. Somebody pin the other doors open!" Baba calls out leading the rest of Team Bravo back to the other half of the ship, spinning a finger in the air. Keita remains behind with Team Alpha, joining the cluster filing into the lift shaft.

Though the ladders are not deisgned for his body shape, Geo braces legs and arms against the walls, using his powerful scythes to hurtle himself up the elevator corridor. He crushes his way through the opening onto the next walkway, leaving the metal grating bent and jagged in his wake.

Like a scene from a horror vid, he swiftly overtakes the fleeing goon. It takes little effort to impale him with a claw and throw him down, the remains bleeding through a giant hole in their chest onto the grate and dripping down onto those waiting to ascend the ladder. Some groans and expressions of disgust echo up from below. Unbothered, Geo presses his way through the final catwalk to climb onto it, standing in front of the door to what Beth described as the bridge level.

A swift climber used to the rugged terrain of the mountains, Simba likeways reaches the top level and climbs onto the catwalk, positioning behind Geo as cover. "Uh, easy big guy..." he nervously tells the xeno, who twitches when Simba steadies a weapon over one of his legs, aiming at the bridge door.

Jace, Carl and Kochinho reach the next level down, the crew deck and armory. The unconscious goon who passed out looks human, while the one Geo speared appears to be a Yazirian underneath similar armor. The extra space along the sides of the uniform for their wing membranes is evident on closer inspection.

One of Ferny's vines slips loose as she climbs, slowing her ascent, and Beth cringes at the rain of blood when she finally arrives at the inside of the lift shaft.

Both the bridge and armory doors begin to slide open in sync, the enemy squad clearly communicating with one another. As they open partially, the lights suddenly go out in the lift shaft, and the electronic doors freeze in place. Each has about enough space for a human arm to reach through.

Two metal cannisters are flung out, one onto each catwalk. Dose fog begins to spray out around Jace's feet. Beside him on the side Kochinho had been, he hears something slump down onto the catwalk.

Above them, Simba covers his face with an arm, while Geo appears unfazed - his bulk is proving enough to handle the dosage. The muzzles of two laser rifles are stuck into the gap of the third level door, illuminating the area with attached flashlights. Each of them releases a stream of burst fire, which streak across Geo's shell, his bulk protecting Simba. Much like the trees in the forests of Landfall, the laser fire is reflected and refracted into dazzling bursts of light, and he is unaffected by their assault, though Simba covers his eyes and has to blink away the flashing dots. "Grab something else, lasers don't work!" the crew can hear someone shouting on the other side of the door.

OOC

Event Log

Geo rolls well enough to overtake the fleeing mercenary and reach the top level. His scythe attack proves deadly.

Simba also reaches the top level alongside Geo.

Jace, Carl and Kochinho are on level 2 of 3.

Ferny slips, leaving her on level 1 with Beth.

The Level 2 and 3 lift doors open partially, then power cuts out in the lift shaft. It is now Dark.

Two dose grenades are tossed, one into Level 2 and one in Level 3. Of the crew only Kochinho is affected, passing out. Jace can roll his own Vigor against the sleep gas.

Two bursts of laser fire at Geo, one of them nearly leaves him Shaken after a raise, but he skates by just fine with his laser resistance.

Simba is Blinded for one round by the flashing lights in the darkness.

Team Alpha is up to act. A character can move one Level up or down without an Athletics check or action spent, so long as only one person is on a given ladder segment at once.

With the power to the doors down, power locks are also down. They can be forced open with Athletics by anyone. Weapons can also be blind fired or swung through the door gaps at a -4 penalty. Doesn't stack with the -4 darkness penalty.

Maps

Team Alpha Lift Shaft

Hangars

Team Alpha is in the lift on the right hand side. Power is out in the shaft, and the doors on level 2 and 3 are partially open.

Team Bravo is now moving towards the other lift for access to the lower levels, blocking doors behind them with crates to keep things from being shut.

Having avoided the dose gas, Jace moved up the ladder as he instructed Carl, "Deal with the armory. Tangler grenades and dose grenades. Ferny! Carl needs some help."

He joined the two up outside the Bridge, "Go get them, Geo. Try to knock them out instead of kill, if you can."

After the mega-xeno pried open the hatch wide enough to go through, he laid down some more suppressive laser fire to cover his assault.

"Captain! You might want to surrender now. Before we kill everyone resisting."

OOC

Team Assignments:

Alpha: Jace, Geo, Ferny, Carl, Kochinho, Simba, and Keita with Beth piloting.
Bravo: Baba, Tiki, Yat, Becky, Mox, and S'hax

Actions:

Geo Athletics, then move onto Bridge

Jace climb ladder, then Suppressive Fire

Ferny Climb, then Athletics grenade

Carl Athletics grenade

Kochinho snoring

Simba recover blindness

Keita bringing up rear

Beth bringing up rear slower and cannot fit on catwalk

Character Info

SWADE Character Sheet

Name
Jace Suppressive Fire Shooting
8; 3
explode(1d10,10,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [8]; [8,3]
Laser Rifle Damage
explode(3d6,6,11) 4,2,3
Geo Athletics
7; 2
explode(1d10,10,11); explode(1d6,6,11) [7]; [7,2]