spacer.png

Niri Silverstag

Character Sheet

HP: 13

AC: 18

Passive Perception: 12

Ongoing Effects:

Conditions:

Niri wasn't too impressed at Gaerzil's words, himself being a man (or scaly being) of action. "Gaerzil the Supervisor, shall I call you that then?" he intoned with a hint of sarcasm. "Not much use munching on an apple when you could be helping your companions here retrieve this parchment you speak of. Oh where are my manners, my name is Niri Silverstag."

Noticing Keryn, he engaged him in conversation, of which might prove more helpful for now at least. "Pleased to meet you, Keryn Donnathlascen. I know of Lord Ravenguard. Fine soldier and marshal back in the day from what I've heard, though never met him myself. I'm sorry to hear about what happened with the caravan in all this mess. I myself was put on duty to guard a caravan of dignitaries and nobles to Elturgard that were going there for the selfsame reason. I honestly can't say whether any of them survived. It was all a blur at the moment when everything came down. Though I am willing to help you find the members of your caravan and hopefully if any on mine survived, they will have met up with others and we could find them all together. Your lot..."he said pointing to all the members" look like the best bet at figuring this all out, even the lazy wizard over there with the cat." he said glancing over at Gaerzil. "So, what exactly is in that shop that's causing so much trouble for all of you? Maybe I can give it a whack."

OOC

Situational:

Move:

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Ongoing Effects/Conditions:

token_1-2.png.787bd575645206ea3ebb0c28bcc2ce92.pngKeryn Donnathlascen

Moon Elf Rogue 

AC: 14 (Leather) | HP: 6/17 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +3
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14, Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 10 (+0) | Dex: 17 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common, Elven, Chondathan, Illuskan, Draconic, Thieves' Cant

"Whatever fault I find in his current actions, he does not, in fact, misspeak," Keryn replied as he regained his composure. "Whilst we can to collect supplies from the mill nearby, we happened upon an historian who seeks to record the fall of Elturel for posterity since not all are blessed with long enough lives to learn from their past first hand. Unfortunately, but perhaps not unreasonably, he does require parchment to do so and suggested we might find some here." He points towards the humming building, from whose open door wafted the faint smell of ozone. "Whether overzealous security measures or arcane fallout, there is a pulsing ball of electricity within. Something you may have thought a wizard capable of dealing with," he directed a meaningful glance at the idle Gaerzil once more, "yet instead we are attempting to gather what we can between pulses. They have proven difficult to avoid entirely, and my search at least fruitless. If my companions do not have better luck we may have to avail ourselves of your offer." He closed his eyes, tilting his head back to rest against the tree - rare moment of recovery - before standing and stretching out his taut and painful muscles before they knotted.

OOC

Action: -

Bonus Action: -

Movement: -

Reaction: -

Object Interaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Rapier . Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.

Booming Blade . Melee Weapon Attack: +1d8 Thunder damage if creature moves.

Dagger [2] . Thrown/Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 + 3 piercing damage.

Shortbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Cunning Action . Your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Reactions:

Absorb Elements 1/1

Class Features:

Sneak Attack . Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Fortunately for Niri, Keryn's companions do, in fact, have better luck.

After opening the door wider with a pole, the glyph trap set off, they all elect to go in and begin looking for parchment as the vortex of energy within creates a maelstrom of paper, sheepskin, and wood shards mixed with potent lightning that sends out shockwaves every so often. Gaerzil, feeling he would not survive such an encounter, becomes something of a taskmaster and a cheerleader, encouraging his companions without realizing he is being observed by Niri from afar, the dragonborn approaching at convenience. By the time he arrives, Keryn, Hravin, and Kilros have returned, with only the Avowed of Candlekeep coming back with anything, a handful of parchment collected from under a flipped over chair's leg, collecting roughly a third of what's needed in one go. The trio exit, each one sizzling from the blasts of energy that overtook them. Within, Grug and Gwen continue the hunt, as Niri introduces himself and offers to help. As Keryn explains it, a massive jolt of energy bursts from the vortex, destroying a large swath of shelves within. Before fear can take anyone as to their companions, Grug and Gwen emerge, none the worse for wear. Between them, what Hravin didn't collect they certainly have.

The task is done. Nothing is keeping them here, and so they return to the Mill, Niri in tow.

There, Ippon is happy to greet them. "See you made a friend. You finish up your errands? Y'all are lookin' a little rough, you gonna make it?" Pal scoffs, shoving some paper into his pocket. "We can stop and dig a grave as needed." While Ippon glares at him, Billiam laughs and Silvia moves between her known companions, looking at their wounds but not able to do much, her spells expended. All the same, the two carts are ready to go, and they head back to the caravan. By the time of their arrival, the caravan has packed up and is ready to go: the day is almost done, and they need to travel.

At their arrival, a call goes out for Dara and for Ghorin, as Vasha moves to help incorporate Ippon and her crew into the caravan; Ippon is clearly irritated and Vasha tries to act cordial to her and Pal, the latter looking around for signs of someone else. Billiam, meanwhile, is busy taking notes with his fresh quill on his new parchment, taking notes of the number of people, the distribution of weapons, the groupings and aspirations of those who would now go to Baldur's Gate, asking for help.

"Well-done," says the Chosen of Ilmater, grinning widely but clearly exhausted. "This is all we've been able to find, and we're ready to head out. With nothing else in mind, I think that's for the best. We can take a few hours on the road to get away from Elturel, and then rest for the night, then head out at first light." Her guardian nods. "Any thoughts on this plan? We wouldn't have gotten this far without you. Adding Vasha was a godsend: she's kept people in line, organized supplies and started rationing, and when that smith got here, made clear he'd be repaid for his weapons once they arrived in Baldur's Gate. A shame about her husband, being in the state he's in."

If they have nothing else, it is time to head out.

spacer.png

Out of Character

Alright, that's the end of Part 3! Everyone make a post to get us on the road, roleplay to your heart's content, and by Tuesday at the latest I'll get us into the final part of Chapter 1. A few notes:

• Everyone, including Niri, has the option to level up. Remember, anyone who levels up to level 3 is no longer eligible to partake in Part 4.
  • Reminder: @Kyoh you need to roll your Constitution saving throws (2) and then 1d8 twice: if you beat a DC of 11, you take half damage on the d8s. @SithShrink when you're back and ready, feel free to include the damage you've taken, though my next point will negate that.
  • At the end of Part 3, you all can take a Long Rest to restore spells, HP, etc. Use normal resting rules here.

Gaerzil-300x400.jpgGaerzil | HP 9/12 | AC 16 | Initiative +3 | Passive Perception 11
Spell Slots: 1st Level 0/3
Active Effects: Mage Armor

"If you'll recall," Gaerzil points out in the face of Keryn's obviously unreasonable and unfair criticisms, "I unleashed every ounce of arcane power I possessed this morning to slay a vrock, a being that could have easily killed us all if given the chance. So take your complaints, weigh them against the fact that you're still alive, and consider lowering your noble elven chin just a smidge so you're not looking down your nose at me quite as much."

He takes another bite of his apple.

Oh, has Master made a friend? the Artful Dodger asks innocently.

Gaerzil raises an eyebrow at the cat. What? I can't stand him.

Oh, yes, I can tell.

... Are you being sarcastic?

Me? I would
never.

You are an infuriating creature.

Upon returning to the caravan, Gaerzil finds a spot on one of the wagons to get comfortable and study his spellbook. While his repertoire is currently rather limited--he'd hoped to copy several scrolls from Master Greenapple's library upon arrival in Elturel--he wants to be as prepared as possible for any further challenges awaiting them on the road ahead. Part of him is annoyed that they're leaving already--he'd hoped to stay and study the phenomenon, the better to one day publish the definitive text on it--but he can't deny that the area is growing rather more dangerous than he can handle alone. Besides, the answer as to how the city sank into Avernus isn't likely to be discovered from its periphery. The secret must lie within Elturel itself... and no caravan on Faerun is likely to be bound for its current location.

spacer.png

Niri Silverstag

Character Sheet

Ongoing Effects:

Conditions:

"Sounds like quite the predicament you have yourselves in. I'll be happy to go in there and help retrieve some parchment for you. Maybe I'll hit some luck. Who knows, may this Ilmater that this Chosen worships will give us a hand." he replied to Keryn. Realizing he may have judged Gaerzin too early, he then said to the wizard in an apologetic tone, "My apologies, wizard. I had not a clue as to your actions in all this. I judged you too quickly."

He then turned towards the building ready to go in...when out come Grug and Gwen with the parchment that was needed. Feeling a bit disappointed in himself, Niri exclaimed "Grief to me! Ah well, better luck next time." Then to Grug and Gwen, he congratulated them. Well at any rate, I'm glad you two made it out alive. I see that I am in good hands. Hope I can help out in any way that I can."

After the arrival of members of a caravan, Niri Silverstag bows his head to the Chosen of Ilmater saying "I'm willing to help in any way that I can, you can count on that. I have lost some members of my caravan who were on their way to Elturel, perhaps all of them. Even if they should be gone for good, you, this caravan, and my new companions have my promise of loyalty." As the wagons of the caravan began to leave, Niri Silverstag boarded one, the one Gaerzil boarded to be exact. Niri held his hand at the sword in its sheath, ready for anything even along the way. "You might need a little protection while gazing at those books of yours." he said to Gaerzil with a hint of dry humor in his deep dragon voice.

OOC

Situational:

Move:

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Ongoing Effects/Conditions:

Moon Elf Rogue 

AC: 14 (Leather) | HP: 17/17 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +3
Str: 10 (+0) | Dex: 17 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 14 (+2)

Keryn recalled the vrocks death in a slightly different manner - one involving divine power and a battleaxe wielded by a different Tiefling - but surprisingly he took the point that Gaerzil has contributed already. Perhaps his mood was improved by the reappearance of a successful Grug and Gwen.

"No grave yet, though a rest would do well." He replied to Pal, entirely straightfaced.

Before Dara, he adds his own thanks to Niri. "I've no doubt the caravan will need every strong sword arm it can find in the coming days, though travelling with us will surely draw more attention than being alone. Your actions are honourable." Turning to Dara he continues "Yes, judging by what we've seen, the more distant between us and Elturel the better - devils of more than one kind seem to be stalking the lands, and there are some who still believe it's too few. Once we stop, we should organise a watch. I shall remain aware during my trance, and am given to rise earlier than the rest of you to cover the Thuldark and Godswake but I cannot watch the whole caravan alone."

OOC

Action: -

Reaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Rapier . Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.

Dagger [2] . Thrown/Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 + 3 piercing damage.

Shortbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Cunning Action . Your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Reactions:

Absorb Elements 1/1

Class Features:

Sneak Attack . Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

Grug (Goliath Barbarian) Level: 2spacer.png

AC: 14 | HP: 22/22 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 14 | DM Inspiration:

Grug claps Gwen on the back “Hrm…we did good.”

Mechanics

Main Hand: Battle Axe
Off Hand: 

Action:
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate:

Gaerzil-300x400.jpgGaerzil | HP 9/12 | AC 16 | Initiative +3 | Passive Perception 11
Spell Slots: 1st Level 0/3
Active Effects: Mage Armor

Gaerzil looks up from his spellbook at the dragonborn warrior and offers him a quick smile. "My own bodyguard? I suppose I don't have a golem of my own yet, not that the things are of much use in the field anyway... at least from what I've read."

He leans against the side the wagon, peering about at the activity going on around them as the caravan prepares to set out. "You said you were a caravan guard, yes? Was this your first time in Elturel? I can't say you missed much of an experience; the place was never what you'd call a 'tourist destination.'" He sighs. "But, there were good people there. Actually good, not 'Good' with a capital G and a hero-slash-martyr complex. I do hope they're safe."

Arrival back at the caravan is greeted with goodness, and soon they discover word of their deeds, both at the inn and the new ones with the cultists and at the mill, are spreading like wildfire. Their reputation as heroes is born, if not intended. Dara and Ghorin are happy to greet them as Ippon, Pal, Billiam join the ranks of Vollis, Vasha, and the rest. "I quite agree," said Dara, with a voice betraying her youth. "Many are the devils that can find us here, and we must away to Baldur's Gate with haste. I welcome you, Niri, and would hear more of your tale if you have time. But let us get going, and we'll discuss it as we go." Ghorin nods to the rest. "Good work. Not many can use these weapons, but these supplies will keep the refugees from becoming animals. Let's make this trip quick, or we'll have to show how incompetent many of these rustics are with weapons." His goat bleats in agreement.

The caravan is underway, headed due west along the River Chionthar at their north, keeping the distance at least a mile from it at any given moment, elevation providing sight as possible. Scouts are few, with Keryn enlisted to scout ahead at times. Sylvia disappears into the caravan as a caregiver, everyone picking up jobs as they go. Night falls quickly thereafter, and the group only lasts three hours on the road. As they go, they pass ruined settlements, burnt to the ground, and bodies now and again which the group, led by Ghorin, takes time to bury. Dara proceeds over the funerals, lacking any priests of Kelemvor, with Hravin helping as he likes. Most signs point to fire now and agin, with some bodies killed by weapons: it remains unclear the origin of those weapons, whether Infernal or mundane.

Night is uneventful. Occasionally animal cry is terrifying, particularly for the city dwellers among them. Vasha is attentive as the most well-known of the Elturites, spending her time nursing her husband while also helping anyone with requests as they bring them to her.

In time, they all find reason to rest, and find time aplenty.

If only it would last.

spacer.png

5 Tarkash, Year of Three Ships Sailing, 1492 DR
Road to Baldur's Gate, Elturgard, Western Heartlands

A scream wakes them all.

Whether they are on watch or resting their eyes, writing or sleeping, the scream is disarming and it comes from within, not without. Feminine, terrified, it summons attention and attention it receives. A crowd has formed around one of the tents, a tent belonging to, if memory serves Gaerzil, that poet Billiam. The crowd is held back by Vasha, her face wracked with fear but determination, pushing people back and being diplomatic as she maintains a clear line. When the heroes of the caravan arrive, she grants them access without question, and so too does she give it to Dara and to Ghorin.

The sight is grisly. His legs out of the tent, Billiam's boots are clearly recognizable, and just as recognizable is the pool of relatively fresh blood pooling outside of the tent from within. Ghorin covers Dara's eyes and leads her to the edge of the crowd, handing someone his torch at their leisure. To those who do not require it, it becomes clear immediately what is going on.

Billiam lies dead, his bright blue eyes turning milky, and on his chest is carved a series of Infernal sigils. His shirt unbuttoned and ruined with blood, the final blow was to his heart, as if unlocking something, a key to a door within. His mouth hanging open, Billiam looks shocked, tired, his gaze distant: as if he looks to the Wall of Souls at the City of the Dead, where awaits the Judgement of Kelemvor. His throat, too, has been slashed open, blood drenching down his chest and to his boots' top. Around him, nothing seems out of place, the fire outside no longer lit and lacking any ember.

Ghorin speaks to them. "What is this madness!?" Dara struggles against his grip on her eyes, seeming more like a child suddenly. Vasha looks at the nearest soul fearfully, and soon so is the entire crowd looking to the heroes: looking for answers, and for hope.

Out of Character

Welcome to Part 4!

As you can see, we've found a murder mystery. Investigation seems in order, with a lot of obvious things ready for you. You can decide where you were, but if you were on watch, nothing was out of the ordinary. Feel free to throw a NPC under the bus. If someone was on watch, Gordrick was also on watch, but otherwise, Gordrick relieved you of watch.

Everyone is privy to a Long Rest. If you've leveled up recently, you have those abilities. Everyone should be level 2 or so.

Let's get started!

Gaerzil-300x400.jpgGaerzil | HP 12/12 | AC 16 | Initiative +3 | Passive Perception 11
Spell Slots: 1st Level 3/3
Active Effects: N/A

Gaerzil surveys the grisly scene with disgust and horror. Any one particular detail is almost too much to bear examination. The brutal and seemingly random nature of the murder makes him keenly aware of his own mortality and the fragile nature of his mortal body.

"All that work for his bloody ink and parchment," he says, choosing sarcasm over introspection.

"Let's try not to have too many feet trampling about." He turns back to his companions, eyebrow raised. "And try not to disturb anything. This is a crime scene, people. Let's find some evidence."

One of Gaerzil's favorite genres of fiction is the crime thriller, a style of story quite popular in Waterdeep, Neverwinter, and Baldur's Gate. He now channels everything he learned about the investigation of a murder scene, searching for clues, trying to piece the sequence of events together, and snapping at people not to stand in his light.

Name
Investigation +5
1d20+5 10
Religion +5
1d20+5 2
Arcana +5
1d20+5 6
Arcana reroll via Aid from Keryn
1d20+5 9

15db87f7234cb3659c849826814290cf.jpgGwen | HP 26/26 | AC 18 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 12
Second Wind: 1/1 | Action Surge: 0/1

Gwen reaches the scene in a hurry, axe in hand. She was sleeping moments ago, so is only garbed in her under shirt and breeches, not her usual gambeson and mail. Upon seeing Billiam's body, Gwen offers his soul a silent prayer.

"Wake everyone up," she orders one of those gathered. "See if anyone is missing from the caravan." A part of her hopes this was the work of some devil or an assassin from outside. But, most likely, this was the work of a killer among them.

The half-orc kneels beside the body. The wound is fresh. This murder happened recently. "Who found him?" she asks, looking for the woman who screamed. "Who last saw Billiam alive?"

This is hardly the first murder Gwen has had to investigate. As a former HellRider, she's worked many murders before, though she was rarely the chief investigator. Still, the process is largely consistent. What Gwen wants to find out first is if anyone is missing. If so, they're either the chief suspect or the next victim.

Investigate

Name
Investigate
1d20-1 7

spacer.png

Niri Silverstag

Character Sheet

Ongoing Effects:

Conditions:

Niri Silverstag, at the hearing of what sounded to him like the scream of a woman, a scream of absolute horror, as if she had seen an abyssal fiend, rose up (reptilian eyes sharp and narrow) and grabbed his sword. At first he was prepared to strike at whatever danger might be present, only to see that whatever had transpired was already come and gone. Nothing remained except blood, gratuitously coming out from the tent where Billiam had camped and Niri had felt bewildered that whatever had caused Billiam's demise had slipped his vision and awareness. He sheathed his sword back into its scabbard and began looking around for clues as to what or who could have committed this murder.

4 hours ago, Kavonde said:

"Let's try not to have too many feet trampling about. And try not to disturb anything. This is a crime scene, people. Let's find some evidence."

"I'll get to looking around to see what I can find."

4 hours ago, Kyoh said:

"Who found him?" Who last saw Billiam alive?"

"Myself, I saw nothing. Only just a bit ago heard the scream then that's what alerted me to what happened. I'll help search."

Niri then began, eyes peeled and quiet as could be, searched as far and wide as he could around the camp for whatever he could find of Billiam's murderer (trinkets, footprints, blood from a fight struggle, or whatever else.)

Name
Perception
1d20+2 11

Moon Elf Rogue 

AC: 14 (Leather) | HP: 17/17 () | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +3

The other races wasted so much of their already brief time on sleeping it was sinful. Keryn was halfway through his calisthenics routine, watching East of the caravan for the first touch of morning's light against the horizon, when the predawn stillness shattered. He vaults over the wagon, tumbling between haphazard sleepers still stirring, taking the shortest route to the source. His sharp eyes make the most of the moonlight, exposing the crime even before torchlight casts macabre shadows. "It seems this event has emboldened all the cults of hell," he muses quietly so as not to alarm the gathering crowd, "they creep like brambles through the land unnoticed in the undergrowth till nowhere is safe..."

For all that the half-orc was clearly sleeping, she is quick to take charge. Perhaps history as a guardsman rather than military? Though few guardsmen were as skilled with an axe. Keryn doesn't interfere - her suggestions are sound. "I was watching the east of the caravan throughout the night, none came or went that way," he supplies. As Gaerzil looks over the infernal sigilry, Keryn offers his own aid. Though far from an expert in Arcana, he has a passing knowledge the elven high magic of Myth Drannor, and several texts that detail it's fall and subsequent colonisation by fiends have graphic diagrams. Hopefully the monk may be able to offer a better opinion on the religious aspects of the ritual.

To be brutally honest most of this was beyond him, though once the intimidating mercenary had someone to question he would hopefully be able to draw on his courtly experience to fillet truth from lies.

OOC

Action: Aid Gaerzil's Arcana Check

Reaction: Absorb Elements if required

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Reactions:

Absorb Elements 1/1

Class Features:

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

cHP4Kvz.png

Name: Hravin Snaefoss | Race/Class: Human Cleric 2 | HP: 21/21 AC: 14 PP: 13 SS: 0/3

"Sleeping," Hravin answered Gwen as he arrived on the scene, "I was sleeping. Again." He offered her a sheepish look. This would be the second time the group happened upon him in his restful hours, few as they were this night. The caravan had needed more hands than he could give in dealing with their sick, injured or dead. The whole evening had left him so spent that he doesn't even remember sitting down and shutting his eyes. For all he knew, that happened ten minutes ago or ten hours ago. At the very least, he did feel refreshed.

The group sprang into action, something Hravin was coming to rely on them for.

"Interesting that Billiam was the only target. Right then, check the body and markings, as well as his wound patterns. It may be possible to tell the height of the killer based on the angles of trauma? Any arterial spatter on the tent walls. We'll need to know if he was outside the tent, standing, laying down, recreate the scene. He's too far dead for any of my divine gifts to wor---hmm. Say, Billiam was a writer, yes? The papers we retrieved for him," he started looking for the papers, rubbing his left check that was still a bit tender from the wasp attacks during the ink ingredient fiasco, "did he write anything before he was attacked?"

And so, Hravin started looking for paper a second time in as many days.

OOC

Hravin decides to find Billiams papers or notes to see if he wrote anything that might be useful.

Action:

Bonus: Look for Papers II: Electric Boogaloo

Movement: Check inside and around the tent

Name
Investigation
1d20+2 10

IC

spacer.png
spacer.pngKilros "Psalms" Regios

www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2836360

LN Tiefling Paladin Lvl 2/ AC 18 (Chainmail and Shield)/HP 21/21/Speed 30 ft./Passive Perception 11/Passive Insight 13/Passive Investigation 10

Ability Scores, Saves, and Skills 

Str 16 (+3), Dex 8 (-1), Con 13 (+1), Int 10 (0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 16 (+3)
Strength Save: +3; Athletic +5
Dexterity Save: -1
Constitution Save: +1
Intelligence Save: +0
Wisdom Save: +3; Insight +3
Charisma Save: +5; Intimidation +5, Persuasion +5

Playing Card Proficiency +2

Attack and Scores

Battleaxe +5, 1d8(10)+5

Javelins (5) +5, 1d6+3, 30/120

Class and Race Abilities

Class Features

Divine SenseThe presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell.: 4/day

Lay on HandsYour blessed touch can heal wounds. You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level × 5.

As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool.

Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one.

This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.
: 10 points/day

Divine SmiteYou can expend one spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the weapon's damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. The damage increases by 1d8 if the target is an undead or a fiend, to a maximum of 6d8.

Spellcasting (DC 13)

1st (2/day): Compelled DuelYou attempt to compel a creature into a duel.
One creature that you can see within range must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is drawn to you, compelled by your divine demand. For the duration, it has disadvantage on attack rolls against creatures other than you, and must make a Wisdom saving throw each time it attempts to move to a space that is more than 30 feet away from you; if it succeeds on this saving throw, this spell doesn’t restrict the target’s movement for that turn.

The spell ends if you attack any other creature, if you cast a spell that targets a hostile creature other than the target, if a creature friendly to you damages the target or casts a harmful spell on it, or if you end your turn more than 30 feet away from the target.
, Searing SmiteThe next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the spell’s duration, your weapon flares with white-hot intensitity, and the attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target and causes the target to ignite in flames.

At the start of each of its turns until the spell ends, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d6 fire damage. On a successful save, the spells ends. If the target or a creature within 5 feet of it uses an action to put out the flames, or if some other effect douses the flames (such as the target being submerged in water), the spell ends.
, Thunderous SmiteThe first time you hit with a melee weapon attack during this spell’s duration, your weapon rings with thunder that is audible within 300 feet of you, and the attack deals an extra 2d6 thunder damage to the target. Additionally, if the target is a creature, it must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be pushed 10 feet away from you and knocked prone., Wrathful SmiteThe next time you hit with a melee weapon attack during this spell’s duration, your attack deals an extra 1d6 psychic damage.

Additionally, if the target is a creature, it must make a Wisdom saving throw or be frightened of you until the spell ends. As an action, the creature can make a Wisdom check against your spell save DC to steel its resolve and end this spell.

Racial Features

Darkvision: 60 ft.

Hellish ResistanceKilros has resistance to fire damage

Legacy of Avernus

At will - ThaumaturgyCasting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: V
Duration: Up to 1 minute

You manifest a minor wonder, a sign of supernatural power, within range. You create one of the following magical effects within range:

- Your voice booms up to three times as loud as normal for 1 minute.

- You cause flames to flicker, brighten, dim, or change color for 1 minute.

- You cause harmless tremors in the ground for 1 minute.

- You create an instantaneous sound that originates from a point of your choice within range, such as a rumble of thunder, the cry of a raven, or ominous whispers.

- You instantaneously cause an unlocked door or window to fly open or slam shut.

- You alter the appearance of your eyes for 1 minute.
If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to three of its 1-minute effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.

Background Feature

Loyalty Test: You've had enough dealings with crooked soldiers that you can spot the behaviors common to corrupt guards and military officers a mile away. While awareness of such corruption doesn't equate to evidence of it, and your sense certainly isn't foolproof, your instinct proves a useful starting point when determining who might take a bribe, who might turn a blind eye to a crime, or who might have criminal connections. You can also use this sense to get a feeling about who might fulfill their duties strictly by the book.

“My words…” | ‘My thoughts…’| My Actions

Kilros had taken to his watch when the scream was heard and had been quick to rush to the seen, "Son of a..." his captain would tan his hide for letting such sloppy work cause an actual death. He could almost hear his captain screaming his ear off and reassigning him to gear duty. And who the in the heavens wants that assignment, "Whoever did this is going to need to eat their meals through a straw." he stated, "I was on watch as well. Nothing of suspicion I saw. We're either dealing with an inside job, or they used magic."

OOC

Attack Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Name
Investigation
1d20+0 14