Chapter I: Escape from Elturgard

Gregorotto

Aasimar Celestial Warlock 1
AC: 14 / HP: 10 / Perception: 11 / Initiative +3
Healing Light: 1d6 (x2) || Spell Slots: 1/1 || Bless (1/1)

Ability Scores

STR 8 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 16

At first Silvia wasn't sure what to do. The tavern that had been her home the past few months was gone but this was obviously not the time for sentimentality. She followed her friend Gwen to the tree line confident that the warrior woman would know what to do in this situation.

Amid the relative safety of the trees Silvia helped by tending to the wounded. It pleased her to have something useful to do and it was a good chance to practice her skills. While the men of "What Ale's Ye" appreciated her touch it had been some time since she had truly healed anything more than some sore muscles and a lonely heart. And as she worked she listened to the conversation. She perked up at the mention of Dara's divinity...

"mother's warning, my own divine heritage and now a chosen of Ilmater.?"

Silvia moved to stand next to Gwen and join the group.

"Hello my name is Silvia, I'm a priestess of Sune and a magic healer. I think that the God's may have chosen all of us."

She looked around at each of them. Her friend Gwen she new would be an asset the woman had been so helpful the past few months already. The goliath was huge but he seemed good natured enough. The other men seemed to be measuring each other up as boys do - even though it was obvious the young tiefling was the best of them.

"We should probably stay together."

Stepping a bit closer to Kilros she continued.

If you think we should go to the Fabled Farm. Then I totally agree "

Edited by J.Stone (see edit history)

Each of them processes their emotions from the fall of Elturel and the demise of their livelihoods in their own way, whether it's collecting what they can from the ashes, helping strangers, or making introductions of title, status, and lineage. Dara nods to Keryn's introduction, saying in her heavily accented voice, "It is foreordained: you will lead me to Baldur's Gate." It is a statement, not a request. From her zeal, Keryn already has a sense that this is a girl who is confident in her abilities, if not in herself: she is an instrument of something greater, though she struggles with that.

Once the two groups convene, introductions are made, and mettles are tested against one another, with some disagreement about the likelihood weapons will do much good. Ghorin snorts at the idea that Keryn's sword is ceremonial, knowing full well Gwen's is not, but the elderly Shaaran man does not miss what's not said in Gwen's introduction, though the young girl Dara does. Clyde bellows in agreement with Keryn's assessment of his own skill with the blade and its less than ceremonial status, which is a wonderful endorsement, given Clyde is a goat.

It is agreed, once the group is done fighting one another: the Fabled Fawn, then the smithy, and then the mill. Dara nods in agreement. "Stay together, as we will: Ghorin and I will collect stragglers. We will not risk the larger group, but no soul can be ignored." Ghorin doesn't look capable of defending himself, in both build and his age, but Clyde the goat seems to make up the difference; Dara, meanwhile, is only a fifteen year old, and more limb than girl. "May your path be free of pain, and full of grace. Find us here when you are done."

They head on, Gwen leading the way from knowing where her competitor's inn is.

spacer.png

spacer.pngIt takes an hour due west and south, though slightly longer going through underbrush: twice overhead some infernal beast flies by, giving a call in a tongue that sounds vaguely familiar to both Gaerzil and Kilros, but not enough to discern a meaning. As they approach where Gwen knows where the Fabled Fawn is, they see smoke on the horizon, and Gwen recalls what she can about the inn. Run by the ChessentanA region defined by its city-states to the immediate east of the Western Heartlands; analogous to medieval-style Greek city-states woman Vasha and her husband Segren, the ale is weak but the entertainment always top notch and local, earning her the loyalty of local peoples instead of those traveling to Elturel. Vasha is good people, though Segren seems to get along more with his horses than with people. The smoke is not a good omen, anyone can tell, and as they approach, they hear a yelling, though it is too distant and too muffled to hear immediately.

As they make their way up the road, the group spies fiendish creatures hammering at the inn’s front door. Thick black smoke rises from the roof of the nearby barn, which has been set ablaze. Voices can be heard inside the inn, shouting and cursing at the encroaching devils. As the six watch, the devils smash the door open and charge into the inn. A voice cries out: "Please, anyone! My husband's in the barn!"

The fiends moan and scream in a single cry as they proceed, looking like beings lost to mud and ichor, humanoid shapes struggling to emerge from a viscus goo, their shape ill-defined and changing. They do not speak, only make noise, and they seem more interested in getting into the inn than strangers that follow the road to the Fabled Fawn.

From the barn, horses bellow, but there is no other sound but flames.

Out of Character

spacer.png

Initiative
Devils16

Enemies
Devil 1-AC 7, 13/13 HP
Devil 2-AC 7, 13/13 HP
Devil 3-AC 7, 13/13 HP
Devil 4-AC 7, 13/13 HP
Devil 5-AC 7, 13/13 HP
Devil 6-AC 7, 13/13 HP
Devil 7-AC 7, 13/13 HP
Devil 8-AC 7, 13/13 HP
Devil 9-AC 7, 13/13 HP

Begin Round 1!

For those who've gamed with me before, we're going to change how we normally do this: everyone roll Initiative, preferably in the Discord but you can roll here. If you beat 16, you can go ahead and post; if you get less than 16, you go after I do.

• To identify the creatures, roll an Intelligence (Arcana) roll; beating a 15 will provide more information on their stat blocks, such as resistance, weaknesses, immunities, etc.
  • Spell out your actions in an OOC spoiler box or fieldset: break it down by Moves, Actions, Reactions, Bonus Actions, and Free Actions; some abilities may be reactions, so for example if you plan on parrying someone's blow or casting a spell as a reaction to a specific trigger, let me know in advance for ease of access.
  • If you feel comfortable doing so, you can roll the saves of enemies to determine if your spells or abilities affect them: just ask me the modifier and I'll let you know.
  • I know the map is super small and the numbers hard to see on the devils; I'm working on a solution, because zooming on Roll20 isn't great right now. That said, the group's various Darkvisions were given different colors and it did some rad stuff to the colors that came out.

Let's roll!

Grug (Goliath Barbarian) Level: 1spacer.png

AC: 14 | HP: 12/12 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 14 | DM Inspiration:

In a single smooth move, Grug flings a javelin at the fiend dumb enough to step outside of the inn.

Mechanics

Main Hand:
Off Hand: Battle Axe

Action: chuck javelin.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: draw javelin

⛧ Round I ⛧

Springing into action, Grug rears back and throws his javelin, catching the only fiend not to charge into the Fabled Fawn when the doors came down with screams inside. The javelin's path is true, catching the spongy fiend in the back and ripping mushy flesh from mushy flesh, almost causing the fiend to fall over from the weight of its oversized head and arms. It turns, groan-screaming, and begins to melt towards the survivors of Elturel: it is alone in this, as the rest continue to surge into the tavern and find their prey within. A series of banging begins to echo from within: what are they after? Where are the survivors hiding within?

Watching the creatures, something comes to Kilros, though he's not sure where, whether from his training or some memory of obscure trivia. Whatever the case, he recognizes what these creatures are. In Baator, the Nine Hells, the baatezu, commonly called devils, are deeply hierarchical, and nothing is more loathsome than the lowly lemure. Made of vile souls worthy of the Nine Hells, of which Avernus is only the first layer, lemure are the fodder of the killing fields of the Blood War, and from the lemures, promotions created imps, created ice devils, bearded devils, and all the other baatezu that terrorized nightmares. Odd that he knew that, but today is a day of oddities and miracles. Lemure are mindless, no sense of a soul from who they once were: they seek to devour and grow and cannot even speak. Better to put them out of their misery, here and now.

The lemure mindlessly moves towards Gwen and the rest like a slug, arm outstretched: this makes it easier for the half-orc to dodge as the lemure's claw-like slime-made hand lashes out, missingLemure 7 Attack 9 vs. Gwen AC 18, miss.

Now it's their turn.

Out of Character

spacer.png

Initiative
Grug
Devils
Everyone Else

Enemies
Lemure 1-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and ImmunitiesDamage Resistances Cold
Damage Immunities Fire, Poison
Condition Immunities Charmed, Frightened, Poisoned

Lemure 2-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and ImmunitiesDamage Resistances Cold

Lemure 3-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and ImmunitiesDamage Resistances Cold

Lemure 4-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and ImmunitiesDamage Resistances Cold

Lemure 5-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and ImmunitiesDamage Resistances Cold

Lemure 6-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and ImmunitiesDamage Resistances Cold

Lemure 7-AC 7, 2/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and ImmunitiesDamage Resistances Cold

Lemure 8-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and ImmunitiesDamage Resistances Cold

Lemure 9-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and ImmunitiesDamage Resistances Cold

Continue Round 1 and begin Round 2!

Alright, this is how it will work: everyone after the Lemures will go, then Grug can go again and then I'm up. Everyone be mindful of actions, and we'll work accordingly. And a reminder since this is our first combat:

• Spell out your actions in an OOC spoiler box or fieldset: break it down by Moves, Actions, Reactions, Bonus Actions, and Free Actions; some abilities may be reactions, so for example if you plan on parrying someone's blow or casting a spell as a reaction to a specific trigger, let me know in advance for ease of access.
  • If you feel comfortable doing so, you can roll the saves of enemies to determine if your spells or abilities affect them: just ask me the modifier and I'll let you know.
  • I know the map is super small and the numbers hard to see on the devils; I'm going to post a link to my Roll20 for this in Discord. We'll see if that works for everyone. I'll be posting pictures of the map each round I post, just to make it easier on everyone.

Let's roll!

Gaerzil-300x400.jpgGaerzil | HP 7/7 | AC 13 | Initiative +3 | Passive Perception 11
Spell Slots: 1st Level 1/2

Gaerzil frowns at the strange, goopy fiends. These aren't lemures! Lemures are dog-sized maggots with humanoid faces! At least, he thinks that's the case. He might be mixing them up with some low-ranking form of demon.

Regardless, the one that Grug wounded looks about ready to fall, if he can simply land a decent hit. He conjures another ray of frost and aims it at the melty miscreant, then moves to have better line of sight into the building.

OOC

Free Action: Arcana check to identify the supposed "lemures." (Rolled a 10 on Discord.)

Action: ray of frost on Lemure 7.

Move: Move three squares south.

Name
Ray of Frost attack roll
1d20+5 11
Ray of Frost damage roll
1d8 6

spacer.pngSilvia - Aasimar Celestial Warlock 1
Healing Light: 1d6 (x2) || Spell Slots: 1/1 || Bless (1/1)
Conditions: Concentration (bless)

Silvia gasps at the sight of the Lemures. She is genuinely frightened for the people in the tavern but more than anything she is simply disgusted by the fiends appearance.

"Oh my Gods they are like soo gross. Seriously I think Sune gives us her blessing go kill them."

the priestess touches her necklace with a whispered prayer and proceeds to blow kisses at the three male fighters nearest her. The last kiss directed at Kilros, a little more exaggerated and accompanied by a wink. "Good Luck"

OOC actions

Action: Cast Bless

Movement: Will follow Gwen

Bonus Action: None

Reaction: None

15db87f7234cb3659c849826814290cf.jpgGwen | HP 15/15 | AC 18 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 12
Second Wind: 1/1

Gwen doesn't hesitate. As soon as she sees the fiends, the half-orc has her shield and battleaxe ready. The first of the fiends swings clumsily at her, landing its damned fist against her shield with a loud thunk! Gaerzil and Grug make short work of the creature, leaving it a frozen mess.

"Someone check the barn!" Gwen orders, hoping that Segren is still alive. "I'll hold the fiends at the door. The rest of you flank through the other entrance!" Her old instincts from commanding a squad of HellRiders kicks in. She has no authority over anyone present, so she knows they can do whatever they wish, but someone has to take charge.

Gwen rushes past the frozen lemur and heads straight for the doorway to the inn, the one packed with fiends. The half-orc shouts as she barrels in, hacking with her battleaxe, shield raised for the inevitable counter strikes. Of the group, Gwen knows she's the most heavily armored. If anyone can hold the fiends at this bottle neck, it's her.

Move: Moving 30ft to the southern doorway.

Action: Attacking nearest lemur.

Attack

Damage, slashing

Show OOC

If diagonal movements count as 5ft and if the attacked lemur is killed, Gwen will end her turn by moving to square N12.

Name
Attack
1d20+5 10
Damage, slashing
1d8+5 8

token_1-2.png.787bd575645206ea3ebb0c28bcc2ce92.pngKeryn Donnathlascen

Moon Elf Rogue 

AC: 14 (Leather) | HP: 10/10 () | HD: 1/1 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +3
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14, Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 10 (+0) | Dex: 17 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common, Elven, Chondathan, Illuskan, Draconic, Thieves Cant

Keryn finds himself taken aback by the sheer vileness of the disgusting creatures oozing towards the inn, and inside. In the time it takes to blink, the Goliath has already slung a javelin at one, and their self-declared wizard frozen the rest of it. Whilst he doesn't find the priestess of Sune particularly attractive (though her aesthetics are clearly of the appropriate standard), he still finds himself buoyed by her words and gesture.

The half orc charges the one door, cleaving the fiend in two and taking its place. Whilst brutal, he can hardly deny its effectiveness. With her now occupying the doorway he can't help but take her advice, and moves up through the northern entrance. He figures Greg is both closest to, and best equipped, to break into the barn.

A pitched battle is not his usual field, and as he enters the building he carefully unslings a small wooden shortbow from beneath his cloak, taking aim at a lemur Gwen has distracted. The arrow strikes true, sinking deep into the soft flesh, but not quite downing the creature.

OOC

Action: Shortbow vs L4 ; 10 Piercing damage

Bonus Action: —

Movement: K17 > J12 (25ft)

Reaction: Absorb Elements if triggered

Object Interaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Rapier . Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.

Booming Blade . Melee Weapon Attack: +1d8 Thunder damage if creature moves.

Dagger [2] . Thrown/Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 + 3 piercing damage.

Shortbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Reactions:

Absorb Elements 1/1

Class Features:

Sneak Attack . Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Edited by PureChance
Roll Outcomes (see edit history)
Name
Shortbow vs L4 (Blessed)
1d20+1d4+5 9,3
Damage (inc. Sneak Attack)
2d6+3 1,6

IC

spacer.png
spacer.pngKilros "Psalms" Regios

www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2836360

LN Tiefling Paladin Lvl 1;  AC 18 (Chainmail and Shield); HP 11/11; Speed 30 ft. Passive Perception 11; Passive Insight 13; Passive Investigation 10

Ability Scores, Saves, and Skills 

Str 16 (+3), Dex 8 (-1), Con 13 (+1), Int 10 (0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 16 (+3)
Strength Save: +3; Athletic +5
Dexterity Save: -1
Constitution Save: +1
Intelligence Save: +0
Wisdom Save: +3; Insight +3
Charisma Save: +5; Intimidation +5, Persuasion +5

Playing Card Proficiency +2

Attack and Scores

Battleaxe +5, 1d8(10)+3

Javlines (5) +5, 1d6+3, 30/120

Class and Race Abilities

Class Features

Divine SenseThe presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell.: 4/day

Lay on HandsYour blessed touch can heal wounds. You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level × 5.

As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool.

Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one.

This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.
: 5 points/day

Racial Features

Darkvision: 60 ft.

Hellish ResistanceKilros has resistance to fire damage

Legacy of Avernus

At will - ThaumaturgyCasting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: V
Duration: Up to 1 minute

You manifest a minor wonder, a sign of supernatural power, within range. You create one of the following magical effects within range:

- Your voice booms up to three times as loud as normal for 1 minute.

- You cause flames to flicker, brighten, dim, or change color for 1 minute.

- You cause harmless tremors in the ground for 1 minute.

- You create an instantaneous sound that originates from a point of your choice within range, such as a rumble of thunder, the cry of a raven, or ominous whispers.

- You instantaneously cause an unlocked door or window to fly open or slam shut.

- You alter the appearance of your eyes for 1 minute.
If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to three of its 1-minute effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.

Background Feature

Loyalty Test: You've had enough dealings with crooked soldiers that you can spot the behaviors common to corrupt guards and military officers a mile away. While awareness of such corruption doesn't equate to evidence of it, and your sense certainly isn't foolproof, your instinct proves a useful starting point when determining who might take a bribe, who might turn a blind eye to a crime, or who might have criminal connections. You can also use this sense to get a feeling about who might fulfill their duties strictly by the book.

“My words…” | ‘My thoughts…’| My Actions

Kilros had to admit he was quite impressed by Grug's accuracy before he saw Gaerzil finish off the wounded lemure with a spell. His eyes travelled to Silvia who wished them good luck and blew them each a kiss and him a wink. He responded with his own wink, "I like to think my own skills keep me alive, but I will certainly take any luck you're offering," he once more turned serious as Gwen gave instructions, "We're dealing with lemures. They're basically animals only tougher and thus harder to deal with when in a pack. Be careful! Two people check the barn! Not a good idea to let anyone go into something alone! That'll be me and Grug! Lady Silvia, stay behind Lady Gwen and offer support. You, Gaerzil, correct? Backup Keryn! May Helm watch over you!"

He tapped his holy symbol of Helm to put emphasis on the blessing and gave Silvia one last smile before he rushed off to the barn.

OOC

Attack Action:

Bonus Action: Attempt opening the door

Movement: Moving from K15 to E14

Edited by Amaryllis77 (see edit history)

Grug (Goliath Barbarian) Level: 1spacer.png

AC: 14 | HP: 12/12 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 14 | DM Inspiration:

As his former target is slain, Grug springs forth, bellowing his battle cry, his axe taken from his back and now ready. “Grug SLASH!!!” He rushes into the tavern, slicing the first enemy he sees.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Battle Axe
Off Hand: 

Action: chopity chop chop.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate:

Edited by SithShrink (see edit history)

⛧ Round II ⛧

A plan is hatched, but with every new group comes growing pains.

Gaerzil gets the first kill, showering the lemure with a blast of frosty energy, causing it to freeze in place before something beneath it causes the ice to shake, shatter, and then explode, flames devouring what remains of the lemure as it melts like ice under the summer sun: when a devil is slain, it returns to its plane of origin, in this case the Nine Hells of Baator. He moves closer to the tree line, knowing full well what use a mage is in a melee and that even the weakest devil may be more than a match for a clever tiefling.

spacer.pngWith Silvia's playful banter and Kilros' equally playful response, he heads to the barn while Gwen and Silvia launch themselves towards the southern-most door of the Fabled Fawn, where the half-orc catches a lemure as it passes the door, lopping off its head as flames immediately devour it and melt it to nothing, the head not even landing with a satisfying plop so much as a hiss and then nothing. Keryn moves quickly, following Kilros and Gwen's plans, entering the northern-most door and firing off an arrow at one of the lemures inside, passing through its waxy clay-like shoulder and leaving a gap as its arm seems to melt off. Grug, though: Grug, supposed to follow Kilros, does anything but. Charging into the southern-most door past Gwen, he lands right in the middle of a pack of lemures, which fortunately for him, only three notice him. He aims for the one right before him, the one Keryn removed the arm of, and brings his axe down in a chop: it cleaves right from left, and flames take the rest as the lemure dissolves with a scream to nothingness.

The two lemures beside Grug take out their impudent rage upon him, both slamming their gooey fists into the goliath. The first hits himLemure 2 Attack 20 vs. AC 14, hit for 1 bludgeoning damage in the leg, barely a blow worth noticing, but the second catches Grug right in the sternum, almost knocking the air out of him with a surprisingly strong blowLemure 3 Attack 18 vs. Grug AC 14, hit for 4 bludgeoning damage. The others, though, don't seem to notice Grug: they are more concerned about the door they are pounding on. One, unable to reach the door, turns back to Grug and swings poorly, hittingLemure 9 Attack 11 vs. Grug AC 14, miss the wall and sending splinters out past Gwen. The other three bang on the door, though they don't do much damageLemures at the bottom attacking the door: 17, 7, and 6 vs. Door AC 15, hit for 1 bludgeoning damage, which now has 17/18 HP. Inside, the woman screams: "Please, if you're there: please, my husband! He was tending the horses!"

Kilros doesn't hear this: he gets to the doors, and swings the left door open, smoke immediately billowing out and trying to overwhelm the infernal tiefling paladin of Helm. Inside the barn, flames roar, but the smoke is so thick he can't make heads or tails of much, barely able to see twenty feet in front of him. He does he another noise beyond the inferno: horses, whinnying a cry of absolute terror. Two of them, by the sounds of it. But as to this mysterious husband, this Segren, he sees nor hears nothing.

Out of Character

spacer.png

Initiative
Grug
Devils
Everyone Else

Enemies
Lemure 1-AC 7, 0/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and Immunities
Lemure 2-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and Immunities
Lemure 3-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and Immunities
Lemure 4-AC 7, 0/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and Immunities
Lemure 5-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and Immunities
Lemure 6-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and Immunities
Lemure 7-AC 7, 0/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and Immunities
Lemure 8-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and Immunities
Lemure 9-AC 7, 13/13 HP, Resistance, Weaknesses, and Immunities

And now to Round II!

A few additional notes:

• Remember to let me know which Lemure you're attacking, and let me know your actions broken down in your OOC text, including your movement to what square if possible but just the general direction works too.
  • Make sure to read one another's posts to know what damage has been done and what remains.
  • The barn! Here's the details: the flames are so intense, and along with the smoke, make visibility difficult: Kilros cannot see beyond 20 feet of him. The horses within are potential hazards, as is the fire. If Kilros enters the barn, he must roll 1d8 for every round he is in the barn: I'll reveal the result in Discord. Ending his turn in the fires deals 1d10 fire damage, which you can roll. To find Segren, you can make a Perception check per turn to try and make sense of where you are and what's within. You can also get on a ramp above everything, which requires a DC 11 Acrobatics to climb and traverse. You may hold your breath as you like, otherwise we'll have to learn about smoke and suffocation rules in the DMG real fast.

Any questions, ask on Discord! And feel free to join Roll20, which I'll pin to our channel.

token_1-2.png.787bd575645206ea3ebb0c28bcc2ce92.pngKeryn Donnathlascen

Moon Elf Rogue 

AC: 14 (Leather) | HP: 10/10 () | HD: 1/1 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +3
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 14, Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 10 (+0) | Dex: 17 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common, Elven, Chondathan, Illuskan, Draconic, Thieves Cant

Seeing the Goliath charge in and immediately weather several attacks for his troubles, Keryn drops his shortbow and draws the fanciful rapier with a flourish. He darts forward across the cluttered tavern floor, flanking the vulnerable lemure harassing Grug. His free hand weaves an arcane gesture as he thrusts at the clay doll like creature.

He strikes true to its centre, Silvia's magic augmenting the top of his rapier towards what approximates for a heart. The flames that seek to devour it are contained by a shimmering sphere of arcane magic around it that quickly fades, protecting Keryn from the worst of the heat.

Satisfied with the kill he steps smoothly back to the door, sticking his head round the frame to shout at Kilros "Do you require assistance? I don't think Grug is listening."

OOC

Action: Booming Blade vs L3 ; 17 (Max!) Piercing Damage

Bonus Action: —

Movement: J12 > L10 (10ft) ; L10>J12 (10ft)

Reaction: Absorb Elements if triggered

Object Interaction: Draw Rapier

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Rapier . Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.

Booming Blade . Melee Weapon Attack: +1d8 Thunder damage if creature moves.

Dagger [2] . Thrown/Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 + 3 piercing damage.

Shortbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Reactions:

Absorb Elements 1/1

Class Features:

Sneak Attack . Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)
Name
Booming Blade vs L3 (Blessed)
1d20+1d4+5 8,3
Damage (inc. Sneak Attack)
1d8+1d6+3 8,6

Gaerzil-300x400.jpgGaerzil | HP 7/7 | AC 13 | Initiative +3 | Passive Perception 11
Spell Slots: 1st Level 1/2

Gaerzil nods in agreement to Gwen's shouted plan, then nods again when Kilros lays out his. Oh, good, two people who want to shout orders in battle.

And then, of course, Grug completely ignores both would-be leaders and charges headlong into the fray.

Kilros' confirmation that these are, in fact, lemures, unfortunately present Gaerzil with a dilemma: none of the spells he has prepared are going to be particularly effective against these things, save magic missile, which is better held in reserve for any flying or ranged attackers who may join the fight. Well, he did say no one should go alone.

"I've got him," he shouts to Keryn as he jogs past, moving to join Kilros at the door to the burning barn.

"So... " he asks, looking into the conflagration and hearing the screaming horses. "You first?"

OOC

Action: Dash

Move: Moving to D14 (already moved my token on Roll20)

Reaction: Cast shield if Gaerzil would otherwise be hit without it.

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)

15db87f7234cb3659c849826814290cf.jpgGwen | HP 15/15 | AC 18 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 12
Second Wind: 1/1

Gwen rolls her eyes as Grug leaps past her and begins cleaving the lemurs within. The goliath immediately starts taking hits from the fiends that completely surround him, but he's able to shrug off the blows without much concern. Still, Gwen isn't going to stand outside while Grug goes nuts.

The half-orc growls, partly in frustration, and charges through the doorway, slipping past Grug. She raises her shield, hoping to intercept the swiping claws of the fiends she rushes by. Once she bodies her way past the goliath, Gwen immediately turns and hacks at the nearest lemur.

Move: Moving to N11, triggers two Opportunity Attacks, I believe.

Action: Attacking lemur L2

Attack

Damage, slashing

Name
Attack
1d20+5 7
Damage, slashing
1d8+5 2

Aasimar Celestial Warlock 1
Healing Light: 1d6 (x2) || Spell Slots: 0/1 || Bless (1/1)
Concentration: Bless

Silvia followed behind Gwen to the door of the house but as she watched the fighters run into the fray with she stayed back not willing to get to close to the disgusting creatures. She stood at the doorway and offered assistance in her own way casting a holy spell against the demon Gwen was attacking. (L3)

OOC actions

Action: Cast Sacred flame against L3

Movement: Step up to N13

Bonus Action: None

Reaction: None

Name
Lemur Dex save
1d20-3 9
radiant damage
1d8 3