Any interest with a game called Dune RPG adventures in the Imperium?

Dorik

I decided to purchase a copy of Dune Adventures in the Imperium the Role playing game. I was wondering if anyone had tried it in a "play by post" format?? I know its brought out by Modiphius entertainment and features the 2d20 system.

Not quite 2d20 I might add as players invariably roll more than 2d20s; personally I like the fact that I can create my own planet, my own house, in addition to the character of course all within the Dune universe.

If it were me I would prefer not to be one of the Great houses like Atreides or Harkonnen or the Imperial house of Corrino. Allowing more freedom for world, house creation; the book outlines a starting point of 10,191 A.G Where A.G stands for (After the Guild). I may need to start a fresh with some pre-reading of the original Frank Herberts Dune novel.

I like the forms of conflict at the disposal of a player character (1) Dueling a one on one fight. (2) Skirmish fighting involving a small number of individual combatants. (3) Full scale war involving two or more armies!

I see this as much of a voyage of discovery for myself as it is for those that may be reading this; but in short willing to learn the ropes as it were and both "play" and even "GM" a game. It goes without saying that you will definitely need a "hard" copy of that book or a digital pdf version. From looking online in youtube; it seems that this game is very much requiring a "team-effort" mentality as opposed to the "lone ranger" type.Dune-Adventures-in-the-Imperium-16.jpg.30de1a7a2b165be00866c796bdc8e1d5.jpg

Duneimperiumbookimage.jpg.dbed883fd195f12e32908851d5f5265f.jpg

It will be a first for myself being used to D&D 5e and D&D 3.5.

Edited by Dorik (see edit history)