Sir Grimfang Skullsplitter

Zatada

Full Name: Sir Grimfang Skullsplitter Squire of the (insert Grand Mystic Noble Order here) Alignment: Chaotic Good

Nick Name: Grim

Race: Desert Half-Orc

[spoiler] Desert Half Orc +2 to con - 2 to int [/spoiler]

Class: Level: Barbarian1/Dragon Shaman 2 (Copper Dragon) HP:47 (63 when raging) Speed: 40

[spoiler] Barbarian:PHB Dragon Shaman: PHBII [/spoiler]

Abilities: Bonus: Str:14: 2/ Dex:10: 0/ Con:18: 4/ Int:10: 0/ Wis:16: 3/ Cha:8 -1 BAB:2 Ranged:2 Melee:4 Initiative: 0 Base Saves: Fort:5/ Reflex:0/ Will:3 Total Saves: Fort:9(11 when raged) / Reflex:0/ Will:6

Feats/Class Features/Special Abilities

Show this

Hide this

Edited by Zatada (see edit history)

Full Name: Sir Grimfang Skullsplitter Squire of the Bronze Drakes Alignment: Chaotic Good EXP: 0 Money: 244

Nick Name: Grim

Race: Desert Half-Orc

Race Variant

Desert Half Orc +2 to con - 2 to int

Class: Level: Barbarian 3/Dragon Shaman 3 (Copper Dragon) HP:51 (57 when raging) Speed: 40

Source Materials

Barbarian:PHB Dragon Shaman: PHBII

Abilities: Bonus: Str:14 (18 when raged): 2 (4 when raged)/ Dex:10: 0/ Con:18 (22 when raged): 4 (6 when raged)/ Int:10: 0/ Wis:16: 3/ Cha:8 -1 BAB:2 Ranged:3 Melee:3 (7 when raged) Initiative: 0 Base Saves: Fort:5/ Reflex:0/ Will:3 Total Saves: Fort:9(11 when raged) / Reflex:0/ Will:6

Attacks, and Armor Class

MWK Scimitar: Attack +6 (+8 when raged) Damage 1d6+2 (1d6+4 when raged)

MWK Falchion: Attack +6 (+8 when raged) Damage 2D4+3 (2d4+6 when raged)

Cold Iron Crowbar: Attack +2 Damage 1d6+2 (!d6+4 when raged)

10 Throwing Axe's: Attack +5 Damage 1d6+2 (+4 when raged) range 10

Armor Class: 10+Dex 0+ Armor +5 + Shield+ 2 =17 (15 when raged)

Touch: 10

Flat Footed: 17

Feats/Class Features/Special Abilities

Feats

Improved Toughness (CW): You gain a number of hit points equal to your current Hit Dice. Each time you gain a HD (such as by gaining a level), you gain 1 additional hit point.

Power Attack (PHB): On your action, before making attack rolls for a round, you may choose to subtract a number from all melee attack rolls and add the same number to all melee damage rolls. This number may not exceed your base attack bonus. The penalty on attacks and bonus on damage apply until your next turn.

Class Features

Fast Movement (PHB): A barbarian's land speed is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the barbarian's speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

Illiteracy (PHB):  Barbarians are the only characters who do not automatically know how to read and write. A barbarian may spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read and write all languages he is able to speak. A barbarian who gains a level in any other class automatically gains literacy. Any other character who gains a barbarian level does not lose the literacy he or she already had.

Rage 1/Encounter(PHB): A barbarian can fly into a rage a certain number of times per day. In a rage, a barbarian temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. At the end of the rage, the barbarian loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At 2nd level, a barbarian retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. If a barbarian already has uncanny dodge from a different class, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge (see below) instead.

Draconic aura +1 (PHBII): You can channel the mighty powers of dragonkind to project an aura that grants you and nearby allies a special benefit.

Trap Sense (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, a barbarian gains a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps. These bonuses rise by +1 every three barbarian levels thereafter (6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th level). Trap sense bonuses gained from multiple classes stack.

Presence: Bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks equal to your aura bonus.

Senses: Bonus on Listen and Spot checks, as well as on initiative checks, equal to your aura bonus.

Energy DRM PG 87: This aura grants you a bonus on the save DC for your acid, cold, electricity, or fire effects; choose one type when you gain the aura. The bonus applies to spells, powers, spell-like abilities, supernatural abilities, or any other ability that either has the appropriate descriptor or deals damage of the chosen type.

Power DrM PG 87: This aura grants you a bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance (and manifester level checks made to overcome power resistance).

Skill Focus (PHB): Bluff, Hide, Jump

Draconic adaptation (PHBII): Spider Climb (Self) : The subject can climb and travel on vertical surfaces or even traverse ceilings as well as a spider does. The affected creature must have its hands free to climb in this manner. The subject gains a climb speed of 20 feet; furthermore, it need not make Climb checks to traverse a vertical or horizontal surface (even upside down).

Skills

Name: Base/Mod/Misc/Total 24 Skill points

*Bluff (Cha):0/0/-1/-1
*Climb (Str): 0/2/0/2
*Craft Blacksmith (Int):6/0/2/8
*Handle Animal (Cha):0/-1/0/-1
*Hide (Dex):0/0/-2/-2
*Intimidate (Cha):0/0/0/0
*Jump (Str): 2/2/3/7
*Knowledge(arcana) (Int):0/0/0/0
*Knowledge(nature) (Int):0/0/0/0
*Listen (Wis): 6/3/0/9
*Ride (Dex):0/0/-2/-2

Spot (Wis) 6/3/0/9
*Search (Int):0/0/0/0
*Survival (Wis):4/3/0/7

* Denotes a class skill

Magic Items

Anklet of Translocation (MiC PG 71): An anklet of translocation allows you to make short dimensional hops. When it is activated, you can instantly teleport (with no chance of error) up to 10 feet. The new space must be within line of sight and line of effect. You can’t use the anklet to move into a space occupied by another creature, nor can you teleport into a solid object; if you attempt to do so, the anklet’s activation is wasted. You can bring along objects weighing up to your maximum load, but you can’t bring another creature with you.

Items

MWK Scimitar: +1 to attack/ Damage 1d6

MWK Falchion: +1 to attack/ Damage 2D8

10 Throwing Axe's Damage 1d6 range 10

MWK Steel Heavy Shield: AC +2/ -1 to armor check/ Arcane Spell Failure 15%

MWK Breastplate: AC +1/ Max Dex 3/ -3 to armor check/ arcane spell failure 25%

MWK Blacksmith Tools: This well-made item is the perfect tool for the job. It grants a +2 circumstance bonus on a related skill check (if any). Bonuses provided by multiple masterwork items used toward the same skill check do not stack.

Backpack

Explorers Outfit

Cold Iron Crowbar

eye1r4mxb5l41.jpg

Appearance: Grim is not what you would call a good looking gentleman. He has an earthy peaty aroma that while not a stink is still something to get used to. Years of living on one unpleasant condition, or the other has left his face pock marked and scarred. He wears simple garments made of linen, or or animal skin. His hair is short, not even reaching his neck, and his tusks are the kind of pinkish yellow that one might find in a bear, or wolves maw.

Back Story

Now I know what you're thinking "Why would a half orc Barbarian from the desert be calling himself Sir" The short answer to this is kind of obvious simply because he want's to. The long answer, and the more truthful one is a little more complicated.

See a long time ago I was a brigand what else do you expect a half orc raised in the wilderness to be? But I was a particularly clever one however, and I discovered a pattern in the way caravans would cross our territory. On the full moon they would take one trail, on the gibbus they would take another, and on the new they would take yet another. It was a rather smart bit of planning that required a calendar, or a good understanding of the way things work.

Either way it helped me set up ambushes, and traps, but eventually the investors of the caravans got wise to what I had figured out, and set a trap for me well not me specifically but the host of brigands I belonged to. The battle with pitched, but we were giving as good as we got, and one of the hosts would have only won a pyrrhic victory.

That was until a big assed copper dragon showed up, and in one strafing run spewed forth a wave of acid which serpentine writhed its way around the caravan's defenders, and landed one decidedly horrid splash of acid after the next into our ranks. In just six seconds the entire battle became a rout. Those of us not slowly being melted made for the nearest fortifiable position, and many of us were over ran.

I was over ran, and received a horrible bash to the head during the rout. I woke up several days later, my weapons sundered, my skin pale from the cold, and loss of blood, my body racked with pain, and a blanket over me. Beside me tending a fire was an Aasimar clad in enough shining metal to make three or four large shield's, and he had one of those too just as shiny. He called himself a Knight errant of the Northern Star. I honestly didn't know what that meant.

As time went on, he would place his hand on my shoulder, and a burning sensation would overwhelm my body, and several days worth of healing would happen in a few moments. When I was well, he introduced himself as Mathurian invited me to travel with him. My companions were now either dead, or lost in the desert I accepted.

As we traveled he explained to me how he was actually not part of the trap that nearly killed me, but he did see it, and looked for survivors. There weren't many, and I was one of the worst off, and the last to wake up from his ministrations. Though some he left for dead explaining that he could sense their ill intent due to his training.

The days turned to week's and he began teaching me the ways of using a sword, and shield versus my great axe. Weeks then turned into months, and we wound up living in a citadel city at the edge of the desert I called home. He worked with the city guard, they seemed to trust him almost immediately. I wound up working less savory work being a bouncer at one of the many taverns. Mostly I scared the shit out of people.

One day though when I entered our apartment there was a gentleman clad in an ornate robe with an autumn theme to it was speaking with Mathurian. I was invited to sit, and the gentleman introduced himself as Derick, he explained that we were the only people he knew that would actually be willing to conspire with him.

The gist of the issue was there was a half blue dragon causing issues out in the desert, a right nasty piece of work as well, and he asked our help in dealing with it. He agreed immediately as it was part of his code, me it took some persuasion in the way of gold, which the gentleman seemed to have plenty of.

The trek out into the desert was a long, but educational one, Mathurian was a good guy, like a really good guy but was inflexible when it came to giving people a break sometimes. He needed to learn how to find wiggle room within the law. Never the less he taught me swordsman ship, he also kept saying that I was one of the good ones too.

I laughed, and told him "just call me Squire Grimface Skullspitter" in my poshest accent. He claimed it was not a bad idea, and faux knighted me. In all honesty he did admit that I didn't have the right temperament to be an actual knight but the idea still stuck with me. We eventually got to the layer of the half blue dragon.

Now when Derick said half blue dragon I figured a scaly humanoid with a big horn on its nose. No this was a half blue dragon, half basilisk all nasty thing, and its cohort of undead, goblins, and other unsavory sorts. And to no ones surprise Derick turned out to be the same flying bronze asshole that strafed my raiding party nearly a year ago. But at least he was on my side this time. Mathurian made quick work with the undead, Derick charged in towards the half blue dragon, and I started digging into the rest.

The battle was pitch, and all three of use were the worse for wear by the end of it. The dragon Derick... Hypvaliidedarix told me to kneel. I looked at him like he was crazy, and he explained "as a dragon grows they gain tremendous power, and there is an old trimunative where one uses power to get money, to get favors, to get even more power. I am a mature dragon, and have lived for hundreds of years, and gained a lot of power. So kneel, and you'll receive part of your reward."

The mention of a reward was all the push I needed, so I did, and he announced "I Hypvaliidedarix now officially dub thee Sir Grimfang Skullsplitter Squire of the Bronze Drake's, and student of Sir Mathurian of the Noble Order of Northern Star." The dragons muzzle curled into a mirthful grin "now it's all official, paper work and all. You will also be given special powers by your patron... that would be me" Willing a sealed scroll from thin air.

I asked him why, and he chortled "if you must know it's because you helped me, also because it will drive the high elves, ass-imar's excuse me aasimar's, and other types that think way too highly of themselves insane to see you among their ranks, and I find that hilarious." The three of us shared a bit of a laugh, and made our way much more quickly back to our home.

Now if you thought this was going to be one of those tragic back stories where my mentor, and knightly friend died valiantly, while in battle, and I took up his sword. Well sorry to disappoint you. This one had a happy ending.

23 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Btw, this is also a gestalt game. So you can fill 3 class levels of Templates or another class. There are special rules that reduce the level adjustment of templates or monster races. Make sure to check them out.

Ok after reading Gestalt rules I'm going to have to pause this character until I can figure out how to proceed. Thank you for the alert.

Okay, here's a first round of comments:

• You've listed a shield bonus of +20, when it should be +2 (I'm guessing you entered the price instead of the shield bonus).
  • Note that a falchion is a two-handed weapon, so you can't wield a falchion and a heavy shield at the same time (unless you have more than 2 arms).
  • Your base Will save should be +3, not +4.
  • Desert half-orcs also get the Heat Endurance trait (which is listed in the intro to "desert races" not in the individual race description).
  • Where did you get stats for a cold iron crowbar, and why does it weigh 20 lbs?
  • Please itemize your gear purchases.

18 minutes ago, Blue Jay said:

Where did you get stats for a cold iron crowbar, and why does it weigh 20 lbs?

The SRD

Item: If used in combat, treat a crowbar as a one-handed improvised weapon that deals bludgeoning damage equal to that of a club of its size. A medium sized club does 1d6 damage.

Combat: Because such objects are not designed for this use, any creature that uses one in combat is considered to be nonproficient with it and takes a –4 penalty on attack rolls made with that object. BaB +5 MWK property +1 -4 for unproficiency -4 =2. Or one depending if special materials are considered masterwork...

The 20 lbs is me cooking supper, and not paying attention to what I was typing, and should have been the cumulative weight of 10 throwing axes.

38 minutes ago, Blue Jay said:

Please itemize your gear purchases.

Itemized

Okay. Last two things:

• A throwing axe is actually 8 gp, so increase the cost for 20 of them to 160 gp (still within your budget, so no worries).
  • So, for the crowbar, you're just using weapon pricing for cold iron, then (base price x2)? I'm cool with that.

Approved.png.d7fc20cab12d949cc0c32f7540acae09.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Zatada
I was looking at your statblock you posted in the game thread. I think when you were fixing your AC for your shield, from +20, you set it to 0, instead of 2.

The section where it calculates your armor bonus is done on it's own, unless you manually type it in, removing the autocalculate from the lower part of the Armor/Shield Slots near the lower section of your sheet. Either way. Unless you have flaws or traits that reduce your armor class. You should have AC 17, not 15.

You need to have 2 in the Shield part of your sheet near the top.

4 hours ago, Zatada said:

Fixed sorry I wasn't sure how to represent both Grim using a twist handed weapon and sword and shield...

Ah I see, yeah if using the falchion that would make sense. I leave the best AC in the statblock, and you can make a small OOC at the bottom of your post.
My bad though. :) And also while raging of course. It would be AC 13 with falchion?

OOC: Using Falchion, AC 15

19 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Ah I see, yeah if using the falchion that would make sense. I leave the best AC in the statblock, and you can make a small OOC at the bottom of your post.
My bad though. :) And also while raging of course. It would be AC 13 with falchion?

OOC: Using Falchion, AC 15

Thank you so much for the Advice and making me a better player!