Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Game Brainstorm/OOC

SMARTAgentKC

Hmm... feeling something. My character concept is moving towards a heist type of rogue (that is the archetype not the class). @Drakeburn what if your card sharp and my djinni team up for Ocean's 11 style shenanigans? Were you wanting an explicitly wild west setting? I'm wondering if there would be some way to meld the flavors of a wild west character and an arabian nights style character (Ocean's 11 had a very multicultural cast). @SMARTAgentKC (Hereafter abbreviated as SKC) might even consider incorporating some of the modules from Keys from the Golden Vault book (which I have in PDF format but have not so much as thumbed through).

Could keep it set in FR, since Zakharra is built in, but could also see this being very fun with an Arcane/Eberron magicpunk type setting, since my Djinn is from the Elemental Planes either way...

Thoughts?

Edited by Thistledown (see edit history)

@Thistledown @Drakeburn @SMARTAgentKC

Sounds like we have an idea. A sorcerer and a warlock huh...

As much as I would love to play my favorite Djinni Warlock again in an Arabian Nights setting, I think this calls for an expert in performing heists.

Officially, I'm thinking of playing a Thief Rogue.

7 minutes ago, Thistledown said:

Well I am going Djinni Warlock. And it's possible to keep an Arabian Nights style setting with the Heist idea. I'm sure there's a way to fuse these disparate elements into an elegant whole.

Right. I didn't want to step on toes either. ^^"
Sorry if I sounded dismissive in my previous post.

Are you super into the Arabian setting? I'm not married to it, if it would help open up the concept for our card sharp cowboy to be incorporated. I'm not sure *exactly* how to meld wild west with Arabian Nights, but I can't help but feel like there could be something there, especially since both tend to be desert based...

The only reason I suggested Arabian to begin with is because my character is going to be the wayward son of a Dao Lord, so he brings some of that Middle Eastern flavor with him just from being a genasi/djinn. Though I'm still somewhat tempted to do the dragonborn variation. Will try to make a final decision by this weekend so I can get more thoughts and a build sketch on paper as it were...

Honestly...and I'm curious what @SMARTAgentKC thinks about this, but what if we went the opposite direction of making the game much more wild west/steampunk centered...in that way my character bringing the middle eastern mythology then becomes the exotic outsider? I think I might actually enjoy that even more...

@Thistledown I'm not married to the Arabian Nights setting. So I'm okay with playing in a wild west style game if you're okay with it.

I've been thinking about the world of the setting, and here are a few ideas I've come up with:

• There was a continent that has a lot of fertile land and a prosperous civilization.
  • Some ambitious magic user did something that angered the gods.
  • The gods caused a disaster to destroy continent's civilization.
  • The gods also cursed the continent so nothing can grow on it.
  • Every living thing on the continent either died or left for greener pastures.
  • After thousands of years, the curse expired, making some of the continent's lands fertile again.
  • A while after settlers arrive on the continent.
  • News of gold in the mountains and treasures sealed away in secret dungeons brings in an influx of settlers, miners, prospectors, treasure hunters, and adventurers to the continent.
  • A corrupt organization (perhaps a guild) is formed to heavily tax the people of the gold they've mined and treasure that they found.

Those are just some ideas I'm throwing out there.

Due to recent chatter some of the settings have been altered and for the moment the Tides of Sand title has been dropped.

I was fond of the arabian nights theme but I can easily change the theme song from Arabian Nights to Wild Wild West. So whatever you all want to play is up to you