Slipfang OOC (Slip, K, Ham, Helena, Kryk T'k)

Nightshyft

Ship Name  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite ship name (pulled from your suggestions). If you don't like any, suggest an alternative in the comments.

• Sun Ghost
    • Slipfang
    • Lasting Impression
    • Little Victories
    • Scar

Welcome to Sevenstones! :)

I'll be putting out an ad for a week or two (maybe on Thursday?) to try and get 1 or 2 more players for the Slipfang.

This is just a short arrival montage; you'll get more information and have more options in the morning.

I have nothing in mind. They haven't yet had to do much, so I got nothing other than they are there.

The real question is actually where has Alfred been sleeping, as he has no quarters. :P

28 minutes ago, Morkskittar said:

I have nothing in mind. They haven't yet had to do much, so I got nothing other than they are there.

The real question is actually where has Alfred been sleeping, as he has no quarters. :P

Cargo hold. Away from people if his mire activates, nice roomy space for Wattson and Cecily, nice storage for raw materials, and is close to the engine room for any tinkering. 😛

On 3/20/2024 at 3:00 PM, Morkskittar said:

On 3/20/2024 at 3:32 PM, Ratty Gnawtail said:

Cargo hold. Away from people if his mire activates, nice roomy space for Wattson and Cecily, nice storage for raw materials, and is close to the engine room for any tinkering. 😛

It may be an imposition, but Alfred can take Duo's room. It might explain how he bonds with Kryk T'k, being next-door neighbors and all.

On 3/20/2024 at 12:55 PM, Ratty Gnawtail said:

Sounds a plan! 🙂

As for the undercrew engies, since there are three of them and three of us, maybe each of us could fill out their character? Or did you have something in mind @Morkskittar ?

As for the engineers, maybe we can be haunted. Could be from Pieter, could be from Duo. I don't have anything deep yet.

You do. :P I must confess, I completely forgot about them. They're not a very brave undercrew. :P

For now, Alfred will be sleeping in the cargo hold; Duo's room is currently inaccessible due to spidery hivemind shenanigans (they webbed the door shut while they try to literally pull themselves back together).

Aye, three track aspect of the ship that clears a mark from any damaged ship rating when we drop anchor. Given it's a three track and the ship image shows three bunks for the undercrew, I figured there's three of them.

A few idea-things I came up with that we could go for a basis of all or some of the engies and keep a spectral theme:

• A literal spirit of the ship taken form (ships have souls and the Slipfang is able to create one or more sentient avatars who repair herself)
  • A small ironbound or ektus made of living wood (something akin to a dryad)
  • A group of squirrels governed by a slightly spectral queen squirrel and are at odds with the spectral slinks (could also just be a single engineer being a single clever squirrel or a group of squirrels in a trenchcoat)

Them having a spiritual element can be why they didn't get too involved with Pieter II's building (too much of a risk being nabbed by the other spirits.)

Or we can just have regular people of varied backgrounds and races who joined the ship to gain skills and one day become true rattlehands/engies.

Edited by Ratty Gnawtail (see edit history)

Hello again all! I'm glad to be back in the spidery shoes of Duo. Thanks to @Morkskittar for the kind reintroduction. I'll have an IC post up by tomorrow, with a bit of insight into how exactly an arachnid hivemind reforms itself after an encounter with a swarm of angry hornets.

A bit of a self-indulgent first post back, so forgive the verbosity. It'll probably take me a minute to get back into the groove of writing Duo. They weren't exactly a "typical" character to write in the first place, and after their recent trauma, they've changed for the stranger I think. But it'll be fun discovering who/what they are now along with you guys!

I'll figure out what to do for Duo's montage and have something up ASAP.