Slipfang OOC (Slip, K, Ham, Helena, Kryk T'k)

Nightshyft

Ship Name  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite ship name (pulled from your suggestions). If you don't like any, suggest an alternative in the comments.

• Sun Ghost
    • Slipfang
    • Lasting Impression
    • Little Victories
    • Scar

Oh hey new person. Welcome aboard then

By the way Passione what's your idea for the Mushroom code? I'm not really sure it could be useful in this situation but I'd like to hear it out at least

• 2 weeks later...

Will be ready for your plan when you leap into action. :)

For attacking the central hornet nest to try and disrupt the plant (I am assuming with the machete?), Ham can actually take a Harvest + Tides (if Ham wants to think through the location and manner of hacking) or Instinct (if he just wants to go with what feels right based on his perceptions) + 2 (for the machete), for a total of 5! dice. :) Normally this would be a Hack test, but given the metabolize effects I'm comfortable bending it a little for a Harvest this time; you're culling a plant, in this case, to hurt its core, not hacking it to bits.

Depending on what Helena does, a simple Iron + Break is an attack. Also remember that Ham has the Breaker's BrewMark this potion to grant any character the ability to re-roll up to two dice reading 1-3 for all tests involving physical prowess for one scene. Remove this when both boxes are marked. they concocted if they want to give Helena a boost; I think swinging a ghost anchor at an angry hornet counts as a physical feat. :P

@Abalon I believe, if I am not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong Passione!), that Ham's idea was Helena charges in towards the hunchback and/or the giant hornet, anchor swinging, while Ham uses the distraction to slip over to K, free her, and then stab their machete into the hornet next where the core of the vines holding the ruin together is located.

If so, refer to the post above for rolls, or else I can roll 'em myself once actions are confirmed. :P

Apologies for the hold up. Yes, that's the plan. Crack skulls, rescue our moth friend, and defoliate the beanstalk holding up the ruin. And yes, I would like to pump Helena up.

Thank you for offering to roll. I've been bad at swinging my skills.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Abalon said:

Hm. I'll be honest besides searching for Duo, not sure what else Helena could do

I guess you could try acquire a resource with hunt and get a specimen that Helena or Ham could use in a later creation or healing? You've both taken a few knocks.

If Helena is up to it, they can also search the ruins alongside Ham to see if they find anything different. :)

And the Breaker's Brew has been marked for that, so Ham will get their Triumph!

After this mini-montage, you'll be off again. If neither of you mind, for narrative purposes, I'll have Kryk T'k pilot the Slipfang, and then one of you can take watch and the other can do whatever else they want during the journey to your next destination.