Slipfang OOC (Slip, K, Ham, Helena, Kryk T'k)

Nightshyft

Ship Name  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite ship name (pulled from your suggestions). If you don't like any, suggest an alternative in the comments.

• Sun Ghost
    • Slipfang
    • Lasting Impression
    • Little Victories
    • Scar

Yeah, I liked it

Also still not sure what to do for Helena's montage. I'm thinking either Listen for a Whisper or Explore the Drunken Cobble. See what she could hear, maybe get some tips on other leviathan hunters that could join them (or these ones) and just have a good time

23 minutes ago, Abalon said:

Also still not sure what to do for Helena's montage. I'm thinking either Listen for a Whisper or Explore the Drunken Cobble. See what she could hear, maybe get some tips on other leviathan hunters that could join them (or these ones) and just have a good time

Sounds a good plan. Could get some info from some pubgoers on clues on the Bloom or some useful intel for Sevenstones that could help us on the next day. Though a whisper as well will be useful I thinks.

@Passione I believe Ham's Tarscale Armour is classed as gear, so with the right salvage Alfred might be a good bet if you wanted to clear some marks before we left Sevenstones (maybe using some piping or metal as a splint for the leg and to hold the body together so it can heal?)

I forget, have any of our crew members been afflicted with Mire during the recent events? Duo has some skills at relieving those maladies (strange as those methods may be...), so if needed, I could use his Montage to help another PC heal up, mentally. Or is that something that happens outside of a Montage?

Otherwise, I think I'll probably have him try to acquire some information through his usual method, finding Whispers (whose narrative details I will edit onto my previous post).

2 hours ago, TheObsoleteMan said:

I forget, have any of our crew members been afflicted with Mire during the recent events? Duo has some skills at relieving those maladies (strange as those methods may be...), so if needed, I could use his Montage to help another PC heal up, mentally. Or is that something that happens outside of a Montage?

Otherwise, I think I'll probably have him try to acquire some information through his usual method, finding Whispers (whose narrative details I will edit onto my previous post).

It was only briefly mentioned, but Helena and Ham's mire was cleared between the creation of the Mawship Pieter and the arrival at Sevenstones. Helena made a good roll for watch and the crew swapped stories with a wandering village clearing Mire (Alfred was already mireless, but i'm not complaining! 😛)

Physically, Ham's taken a few knocks to their Tarscale Armour and Helena a few marks on Steel-Step Dance. As mentioned above, Alfred can spend one of his next montages (if we get one or more) treating Ham's armour as a repair gear. Helena I think will need a heal roll if she wants it.

I think we might need to contemplate spending stakes soon before we leave Sevenstones as well as if we wanted to flesh out our undercrew a little (looks like one vote for squirrel(s) from Abalon.) But we have plenty of time I think for those.

You should have plenty of time. :P

Sorry all I haven't forgotten you; I got the Easter plague from my in-laws. This happens every holiday I spend with them, likely due to the presence of two small children who don't understand the concept of hygiene. :P Update soon, I promise!

Ham can copy one of your Salvages as a Specimen. I don't want to impose.

As for spending stakes (and more specifically, gaining them), I'd rather delay delivering the cargo "Bottled Secrets".

13 hours ago, Passione said:

Ham can copy one of your Salvages as a Specimen. I don't want to impose.

As for spending stakes (and more specifically, gaining them), I'd rather delay delivering the cargo "Bottled Secrets".

That's a very interesting idea. I'm not sure the specimen copy would work for 'repairing' Ham's gear (unless Morkskittar says otherwise) but I could see it in a narrative sense being more effective in repairing Ham's armour than making metal splints would. There's also a chance Alfred retains the salvage if he rolls a twist if we did go for standard salvage repair.

Something Ham's copy ability has made me think though...Alfred's super conductive rod if copied would have the fungal tag possibly in addition to remaining superconductive. I am not a biologist, but I think fungi do produce an electrical current...which will then be potentially amplified through the rod. If this was to later on be combined with the original rod in a semi-organic machine that could be potentially leviathan wrecking... *Maniacal chittering laughter*

Anyway, either can be some nice food for thought. 🙂

If either @Abalon or @TheObsoleteMan want to have Helena or Duo take some kind of montagey action while it is still dark, please do so before tomorrow evening (EST), when I will move the game into the morning (and will simply assume Duo and Helena spent the night getting caught up).

I'll have to ponder on the use of a copied item for repair in this case. :P

Again, apologies for my delay, but this weekend/week has really thrown me off!

...I forgot, damnit! Limbus Company's update kicked my ass. I'll get to it right now

Nevermind, but! I am going to Listen for Whispers of Leviathans and their hunters

Edited by Abalon (see edit history)
Name
Listen (Sense)
2d6 2,2

Alrighty.

I was thinking that Alfred would explore possibly the Greater Cobble. His reasoning is that with the sinking of the Seventh Stone and the damages incurred by the Shudder, the machines and devices used to collect and purify water and grow food might be damaged and also overstretched (especially due to displaced peoples from the lost stone.) Alfred would confirm this and using a mix of Brasstongued verbal blathering get access to these machines/sites and spend the morning attempting to tinker, repair, and improve efficiency (with Wattson increasing impact, Surefire Smith probably wouldn't activate though. A shame. 😛) Which hopefully may make some of the people of Sevenstones a little friendlier to us, maybe obtain some reward/cargo/ship part, as well as be Alfred working towards his drive of providing food and water to Spit communities. @Morkskittar Would this be a reasonable use for an exploration task?

However, this is what Alfred would do if left to his own devices. If either Duo, Ham, or Helena were to ask him for assistance in something else he would almost certainly change his plans to that. As it stands he doesn't hold the same ties the others do to K and Kryk T'k, nor will he invent or repair any gear (for a specific person) without being asked.

I'm down with leaving Ham's Tarscale Armor marked. That's what it is there for.

As for the montage, I'd like to find a doctor for K. Ham would explore the Greater Cobble and break the news to K's people. Ham vaguely remembers K having a brother, or something. The Wordbearers must have some kind of code or procedure for taking care of their own.

Ham would be looking for people with large bags and packs, preferably another Mothryn, preferably in droves, and relay to them K's predicament.