The Golden Gear (OOC Thread)

Arklytte

I have a bad habit of making pretty much all my characters good at pretty much all Knowledge skills. I dont even do it consciously anymore. I just hate not being able to know stuff. Apparently I spend too much time around my cats. 😸

11 minutes ago, BBK said:

I added a new section called 'Passive Skills' to Lance's Mechanics spoiler, and included pertinent information like Darkvision range to Perception, and Bolt's 'Freeze' ability to Stealth, etc - essentially the stuff that would modify the results of the three requested skill mods.

What you have is great. I like having that sort of info at my fingertips, because trying to look it all up on a half dozen character sheets whenever I need to do Stealth vs Perception or Deception vs Sense Motive or whatever is a major PITA. Appreciate it. :)

15 minutes ago, Arklytte said:

I have a bad habit of making pretty much all my characters good at pretty much all Knowledge skills. I dont even do it consciously anymore. I just hate not being able to know stuff. Apparently I spend too much time around my cats. 😸

What you have is great. I like having that sort of info at my fingertips, because trying to look it all up on a half dozen character sheets whenever I need to do Stealth vs Perception or Deception vs Sense Motive or whatever is a major PITA. Appreciate it. :)

Auto-passing the bottom-barrel DC 5-10 checks is exactly enough for Lance. His expertise is highly specialized towards basic thievery, but due to his background, he would have no truly solid education on anything in particular, going more of the jack-of-all-trades route when it comes to miscellaneous information. Essentially having a passing familiarity with the basics of a wide variety of different things, but no real deeper understanding beyond flashes of connection (very high rolls). It also neatly locks him out of any and all DC 30 checks completely, which I felt was appropriate for the character.

Edited by BBK (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

It seems so. After nearly four months of inactivity, I have had my time reallocated to other projects, so will unfortunately be exiting the game.

I hope to play with you all at some point in the future when out schedules and resources align. All the best.