2946: Nori and Bella's Talk after Baldor's Rescue

Vladim

(OOC: Original posts by Old Overholt & Born on the Bayeux)

As Nori walks back to find his gear, Bella tagging along for the short trip, he takes his time - his short feet not taking him very far with each step. His axe is hoisted over his right shoulder, the blade turned to face towards the ground. The trip is one where the two would never leave the sight of those watching them, maybe becoming distant figures or partially obscured by the woods, but never 'gone' and could probably be heard should someone yell at the top of their lungs. Judging by the way they move, it appears Nori tries to strike up a conversation with Bella. When they've returned, Nori hears the end of Baldor's promise to pay, immediately causing him to glance between those still gathered. [B][COLOR="Sienna"]"Now wait just a bloody second..."[/COLOR][/B] he says angrily before its explained to him that a deal has already been struck and the group moves on, the dwarf finding it difficult to turn back on his own or probably just intrigued by what unique materials he could find in the Caves. Finding themselves out of earshot from the rest of the fellowship, Nori takes the opportunity to gripe to the hobbit at his side or merely strike up a conversation to distract himself while they fetch his fear. Without really looking over to his slightly smaller traveling companion, Nori asks gruffly, [B][COLOR="Sienna"]"Firing arrows at mere hooligans from the trees - did you ever think you'd be part of such a thing?"[/COLOR][/B] He's quite expressive, talking with his left hand while his right grips the handle of his axe, currently resting on his shoulder. [COLOR="sienna"][B]"I'm no fan of highwaymen and thieves, but it wasn't like we didn't have the numbers,"[/B][/COLOR] the dwarf goes on to bemoan. [COLOR="sienna"][B]"I'm certainly not digging them graves!"[/B][/COLOR]
As Nori walks back to find his gear, Bella tagging along for the short trip, he takes his time - his short feet not taking him very far with each step. His axe is hoisted over his right shoulder, the blade turned to face towards the ground. The trip is one where the two would never leave the sight of those watching them, maybe becoming distant figures or partially obscured by the woods, but never 'gone' and could probably be heard should someone yell at the top of their lungs. Judging by the way they move, it appears Nori tries to strike up a conversation with Bella.

When they've returned, Nori hears the end of Baldor's promise to pay, immediately causing him to glance between those still gathered. "Now wait just a bloody second..." he says angrily before its explained to him that a deal has already been struck and the group moves on, the dwarf finding it difficult to turn back on his own or probably just intrigued by what unique materials he could find in the Caves.

Finding themselves out of earshot from the rest of the fellowship, Nori takes the opportunity to gripe to the hobbit at his side or merely strike up a conversation to distract himself while they fetch his fear. Without really looking over to his slightly smaller traveling companion, Nori asks gruffly, "Firing arrows at mere hooligans from the trees - did you ever think you'd be part of such a thing?" He's quite expressive, talking with his left hand while his right grips the handle of his axe, currently resting on his shoulder. "I'm no fan of highwaymen and thieves, but it wasn't like we didn't have the numbers," the dwarf goes on to bemoan. "I'm certainly not digging them graves!"

[URL="http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=363603"][img2=800]http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/kookalouris/Bella_zpsoctracah.png[/img2][/URL] Bella was uncharacteristically quiet as Nori fumed. It was not like her to not be a chatterbox. She simply couldn't think of anything to say. Nori was right, in her opinion, about how the situation might have been approached earlier. But... [B][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Sienna"]"I agree, my friend. But it seems we have moved on, out little feet carried along the path regardless." [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] For a moment, Bella considered leaving the big folk and their strange rages. Her and Nori could wander this great land freely. [I][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Sienna"]No, that is the whisper of wandering madness. [/COLOR][/FONT][/I] The affection for her fellows chased the impulse away. [I][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Sienna"]This time. [/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [B][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Sienna"]"I understand how you feel but I will help bury them. They were not born into the darkness they died in."[/COLOR][/FONT][/B] She understood why Nori would not help with the burial, if there was to be one. Bella hoped he would understand why she [I]must [/I]help. [B][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Sienna"]"Thank you for protecting me earlier, I will not fear Mirkwood with my strong dwarven friend at my side." [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]She smiled at Nori, hoping that he would see that a fellowship was always at home, even in the darkest forest... OOC: I am playing this scene like a flashback. I understand either way if leecarver wishes to continue it or not.
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/kookalouris/Bella_zpsoctracah.png

Bella was uncharacteristically quiet as Nori fumed. It was not like her to not be a chatterbox. She simply couldn't think of anything to say. Nori was right, in her opinion, about how the situation might have been approached earlier. But... "I agree, my friend. But it seems we have moved on, out little feet carried along the path regardless."

For a moment, Bella considered leaving the big folk and their strange rages. Her and Nori could wander this great land freely. No, that is the whisper of wandering madness. The affection for her fellows chased the impulse away. This time.

"I understand how you feel but I will help bury them. They were not born into the darkness they died in." She understood why Nori would not help with the burial, if there was to be one. Bella hoped he would understand why she must help.

"Thank you for protecting me earlier, I will not fear Mirkwood with my strong dwarven friend at my side." She smiled at Nori, hoping that he would see that a fellowship was always at home, even in the darkest forest...

OOC:
I am playing this scene like a flashback. I understand either way if leecarver wishes to continue it or not.

Bella's words deflate the dwarf as the continue their stroll towards the large tree where Nori's gear lies. It would be a near unbearable load for Bella to carry, but Nori's stocky frame seems built for it - a near human pack mule. Any tension on the dwarf's face fades away quickly and his shoulders even droop a little as he lets out a frustrated, but relieved sigh. [COLOR="Sienna"][B]"Aye,"[/B][/COLOR] he comments simply at first. "We'll continue moving ahead - doubt I could focus on my work knowing you lot of brigands were out roaming the woods," he adds, briefly turning his head and smiling at the hobbit, although his lips are barely visible through the whiskers of his beard. But she can tell - his cheeks rise up on his faces and the wrinkles at the corners of his eyes become a bit more pronounced. Focusing back on their path, Nori moves the discussion forward. [COLOR="sienna"][B]"I won't always be able to, but it seemed 'prudent' at the time,"[/B][/COLOR] he tells her regarding his choice to stand near her side. [COLOR="sienna"][B]"... rushing into the woods and all... which still confuses me: why do you keep coming back for these little expeditions? Surely you've got your fill of aimlessly wandering by now?"[/B][/COLOR]
Bella's words deflate the dwarf as the continue their stroll towards the large tree where Nori's gear lies. It would be a near unbearable load for Bella to carry, but Nori's stocky frame seems built for it - a near human pack mule. Any tension on the dwarf's face fades away quickly and his shoulders even droop a little as he lets out a frustrated, but relieved sigh. "Aye," he comments simply at first. "We'll continue moving ahead - doubt I could focus on my work knowing you lot of brigands were out roaming the woods," he adds, briefly turning his head and smiling at the hobbit, although his lips are barely visible through the whiskers of his beard. But she can tell - his cheeks rise up on his faces and the wrinkles at the corners of his eyes become a bit more pronounced.

Focusing back on their path, Nori moves the discussion forward. "I won't always be able to, but it seemed 'prudent' at the time," he tells her regarding his choice to stand near her side. "... rushing into the woods and all... which still confuses me: why do you keep coming back for these little expeditions? Surely you've got your fill of aimlessly wandering by now?"

[B][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Sienna"]"[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_that_is_gold_does_not_glitter"]Not all who wander are lost[/URL], my friend."[/COLOR][/FONT][/B] Bella smiled to Nori as they prepared to return to the others. [spoiler=OOC] I know this thread is pretty much done (but was quite enjoyable) but I had meant to post earlier before Real-Life dry-gulched me. But thank you for setting up the quote in [I]context[/I]. :danceorc: Bella must have heard it from Biblo, or perhaps even Gandalf (who she would only suspect as a talented magician). [/spoiler]
"Not all who wander are lost, my friend." Bella smiled to Nori as they prepared to return to the others.

OOC

I know this thread is pretty much done (but was quite enjoyable) but I had meant to post earlier before Real-Life dry-gulched me. But thank you for setting up the quote in context . :danceorc: Bella must have heard it from Biblo, or perhaps even Gandalf (who she would only suspect as a talented magician).

Reaching the nook of the tree where Nori left his gear, the dwarf begins to gather his heavy load, slowly and methodically making sure all his possessions are secured to him in proper order and fashion. There appears to be a method to all this efficient packing and traveling – or maybe just some paranoia on the dwarf’s part that something has gone missing while everything was out of his sight. As he loads himself up like a compact mule, Nori tells Bella, [COLOR="Sienna"][B]“No - certainly not. But they do have a reason."[/B][/COLOR] There's a grimaced smile on his face as he puts on the last bit of his load and makes a sweeping gesture back in the direction from which they came. [B][COLOR="sienna"]"Then again, I feel as I'm the only one who is certain as to why he's here."[/COLOR][/B]
Reaching the nook of the tree where Nori left his gear, the dwarf begins to gather his heavy load, slowly and methodically making sure all his possessions are secured to him in proper order and fashion. There appears to be a method to all this efficient packing and traveling – or maybe just some paranoia on the dwarf’s part that something has gone missing while everything was out of his sight. As he loads himself up like a compact mule, Nori tells Bella, “No - certainly not. But they do have a reason." There's a grimaced smile on his face as he puts on the last bit of his load and makes a sweeping gesture back in the direction from which they came. "Then again, I feel as I'm the only one who is certain as to why he's here."

[URL="http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=363603"][img2=800]http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/kookalouris/Bella_zpsoctracah.png[/img2][/URL] [B][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Sienna"]"Well, I am grateful you are here, for whatever reason. And you have given me a reason to be here as well. I will try and make you crack a [I]smile[/I]."[/COLOR][/FONT][/B] And with that gentle teasing, Bella moved to rejoin the others. [spoiler=OOC] I had some free time and am between IC posts in the main threads. And I wanted to reply to leecarver's last post but also put a capper on this loose thread. I'd be happy to continue if needed but Bella would be just as content to continue the interaction in the more current threads (aside or main). Bella is just teasing Nori (and he is likely to realize that) and will not further stress his gloom (we all need to fume sometimes, especially dwarves :)). [/spoiler]
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/kookalouris/Bella_zpsoctracah.png

"Well, I am grateful you are here, for whatever reason. And you have given me a reason to be here as well. I will try and make you crack a smile ." And with that gentle teasing, Bella moved to rejoin the others.

OOC

I had some free time and am between IC posts in the main threads. And I wanted to reply to leecarver's last post but also put a capper on this loose thread. I'd be happy to continue if needed but Bella would be just as content to continue the interaction in the more current threads (aside or main).

Bella is just teasing Nori (and he is likely to realize that) and will not further stress his gloom (we all need to fume sometimes, especially dwarves :)).

[SPOILER="OOC"]Ok - if you want to keep moving forward with the current thread, we can cap this one off then.[/SPOILER]

"OOC"

Ok - if you want to keep moving forward with the current thread, we can cap this one off then.

[spoiler=OOC] I would like to cap this thread but I am all for continuing the conversation during a quiet moment in the game's 'present' :^^: [/spoiler]

OOC

I would like to cap this thread but I am all for continuing the conversation during a quiet moment in the game's 'present' :^^: