Overlap in Mechanics and Lore, and overlap in character histories

Jades

I decided to switch Whisper to a ranged combatant, considering I wanted him to be able to run away from fights that were particularly difficult, so now he has rainbow devil caster instead of a knife. I also started writing dossiers on what the other characters look like to a professional spy that doesn't know everyone is secretly Anathema. Let me know if you think something should be different!

Looking more at Trespass of Soft Paws, he seems like he would have an affinity for things like Hearteaters. Do you think he might pick up that there's something funny going on with Restful Whisper? I wouldn't mind him catching on that he's a bit forbidden himself.

7 hours ago, zang269 said:

Looking more at Trespass of Soft Paws, he seems like he would have an affinity for things like Hearteaters. Do you think he might pick up that there's something funny going on with Restful Whisper? I wouldn't mind him catching on that he's a bit forbidden himself.

It's very possible! I'm still reifying the sketches, but he'll have a read intent/profile character Charm that picks up information aligned with his Exigence. It wouldn't be specific but inverted scions of a murdered Incarnae do seem like they might have a scent of forsaken horror about them, or alternatively a Pawn that's been moved from their "day job" or previous life far enough might be suspiciously lost-pet-like depending on their pre-Pawn relationships. For Restful Whispers' part, Trespass does his best to keep his full inheritance under wraps, but if Whispers met with Homeward Bounding to help her get settled as indicated she'd probably have a few suspicious questions about what other kinds of gods could seek asylum in Great Forks, and Trespass himself has powers he's used that might draw attention from observant parties.

Edited by Viatos (see edit history)

I don't think he would have been one of the people helping her settle in officially, so much as someone who showed up after she started making compromises. He just so happens to know some people who might value the parts of her domain she's more comfortable with! Or he's convinced them that their exotic, dangerous pets have a chance to get loose, and wouldn't you know, there's a goddess of lost pets in the area who could handle that pretty well, as long as they keep her offering bowl full. I switched backing to influence, so 

Also, I should probably clarify it in my own thread too, but he isn't in the Commission of Distinguished Guests, which include immigration and trade, but the Commission of Kingdoms and Nations, which includes diplomacy, espionage, military deployment, and housing foreign dignitaries. His listed job is just doing that last one, but he's more involved with espionage within the city.

I am tempted to swap out one of Whispers charms for sorcery, but I feel like learning it to fit in with the group during play would be more fun. If I go in with a particular player, he might try and redirect her attention as a tutor onto him.

8 hours ago, zang269 said:

I think the only one missing is the GM

Bit of a critical issue, is the thing. I would love if they'd show up again, but I think we might be pooched.