Chalia Gremaris, elven fighter

farothel

Idea: a young elf who got displaced after a magical accident, looking for her parents and friends while wandering the world. Fighter and the archetype I have in mind is Scout.

Background:

Chalia's parents were explorers.  They wanted to find and understand the old elven artefacts, including a teleportation gate network on their home world.  So they spend a lot of their time in various ruins and caves all over the world.  For Chalia it was heaven.  As soon as she was old enough to accompany them, she fell in love with the research and the old stuff they found, even if it was just a few bits of crockery.  The entire group of researchers became sort of surrogate parents and they all took a liking to the little girl who asked questions all the time.

When she was 27, the group was in the north, camping near a cavern, they did something to an old system and it activated.  There was a blinding light and when she came around, she was in a strange world she didn't know.  She had already learned about survival, so she moved south.  She was found by a hunting party of elves, who listened to her story and took her to their camp.

There she stayed, but the carefree and happy girl of before was gone, replaced by a young woman who was determined to find her parents and their friends and colleagues (should they be on this world as well).  She trained hard with the group's militia, learning how to use a variety of weapons, but mostly focusing on the greatsword.  But after a while she got restless and moved away from the camp, going from place to place.  She often hired out as caravan guard to travel.

character sheet: Chalia Gremaris

Edited by farothel (see edit history)

Please begin with telling me how often you honestly expect to be able to post. How often for rp situations. How much for combat situations.

Game momentum matters to me, and I will be looking for players with similar expectations to each other.

Please communicate if you expect that to change.

What kind of balance are you looking for in this game between social, exploration, and combat?

I'm online mostly every day, although I don't always post every day (depends also on other players). But I can post multiple times per week both in combat and non-combat. I might be out of internet range while on holiday, but I'll let you know about those up front so you are aware (and whether I will have internet or not).

I would like to have a bit of everything.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My first sculpt of Chalia turned out a bit square. She looks stronger, but a bit blocky. So I did a 2nd version with a more feminine form. Which do you think works better?

Chalias.jpg.8e4807aa2c94b58e32af57d3651ed285.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

my lvl 3 level-up

-general feat: toughness (+lvl HP and less dying DC)

-skill feat: titan wrestler (I can grapple and such with larger creatures)

-skill increase: Athletics to expert

-ABP: +1 stealth

• 2 weeks later...

Some more questions to further flesh out Chalia's backstory:

Chalia

Are Chalia's parents cavern elves? If not, are they from Talanriel or another elf culture?

I've implied in the encounter with the traveling elves that she speaks a different dialect of elvish than the wandering elves from Talanriel the party met.

Do you want to run with that and the idea that Chalia and her kin share distant ancestors with those of Talanriel but separated over time via the fey folds? Or are her kin mostly from Talanriel, only separated since her parents' travels as scholars and archeologists.

If the former, what is her culture like?

If the latter, as a pale "cavern elf", I picture this as a sub group within Talanriel.

On 4/20/2024 at 5:27 AM, Blaeringr said:

Some more questions to further flesh out Chalia's backstory:

Chalia

Are Chalia's parents cavern elves? If not, are they from Talanriel or another elf culture?

I've implied in the encounter with the traveling elves that she speaks a different dialect of elvish than the wandering elves from Talanriel the party met.

Do you want to run with that and the idea that Chalia and her kin share distant ancestors with those of Talanriel but separated over time via the fey folds? Or are her kin mostly from Talanriel, only separated since her parents' travels as scholars and archeologists.

If the former, what is her culture like?

If the latter, as a pale "cavern elf", I picture this as a sub group within Talanriel.

1) They are cavern elves, but they are not from Talanriel, but from the old world. I'm not sure if in this world everybody was teleported in from the same original world or not, and if all elves come from the same world.

2) works for me. Can be a bit like Spanish and Portuegese (or Italian). It sounds the same and if both groups make an effort, they can understand each other.

3) Chalia grew up on the old world and was teleported here. If the Talanriel elves come from the same world, then the first, if not, then the first, but a lot more distant.

4) I mostly went with the culture of the Elves on Golarion when I wrote the backstory, so something very similar to that.

5) It most likely will be, as that will be a very small group of people.