Episode 6: The Hopeless Void

ArcaneStomper

morgan.png.bb43b57d355549d7eca3ed32a14b9fe6.png

0_3-removebg-preview.png.6b0a83453d00dd4e3788ed9dd1223641.png

Morgan throws an arm around Fixer. "I guess if you're coming out of retirement that means my whiny ass should too, right." I give the magical girl a wicked grin. "Besides, I can't let them do this kind of crap again." I glare at the two present Moochies, my imagine running wild with the idea of the two strung up like pinatas.

I look over at Drama and Lady Robocop. "What about you, two?"

"Well..."

'Lady Robocop' rubbed the back of her head awkwardly. Fighting through giant monsters and flocks of shadow women were one thing, but social interaction in the middle of what sounded like a raging argument... one sided as the raging part might be? Was a harder beast to confront.

"I hadn't exactly left... But we could probably do with the help..."

She looked across to Drama Queen, unaware of the other girl's feelings for the school locale she happened to be a student at. She knew Leslie as being a solid strategist after all... "Right?"

"...Are all those recruits going to be alright too? How long will it take for everyone to recover now... I mean... Do you think they'll have to keep the school shut tomorrow with all. This?"

https://i.imgur.com/ygWvr67.jpg

Drama Queen | Sheet | Page | Defenses | Senses

"...what?" Leslie is so immersed in the emotion flowing off of the scions that it takes her a moment to shake herself out of her reverie. She exhales heavily and gives her head a slight shake, trying to clear her thoughts. Is this what being drunk? she wonders. Am I drunk on feels?

"What about me?" she asks. "I never retired. Why would I? And besides, what a crime it would be, to so deprive the world! Power like this comes with a responsibility, don't you think?"

She tosses an errant length of hair, displaced by her head shake, over her shoulder and chuckles. "Fufufufu. Nonetheless, it's good to know you're back in the game. Now..."

She leans forward towards the two new - or not - scions, eyes wide with anticipation. "...it seems like you two have some delicious stories about your duties. I must know."

• 2 weeks later...

Ittle looks interested at this talk of returning to the fight. The senior moochee perks up, "Having an entire team of veteran scions would be a great benefit to the city, and even the surrounding region." He turns to look at Leslie and Anna. "Would you two be willing to take them onto your team. We would be willing to expand your facilities in the High Rise."

Meanwhile in the background the rifts are closing as the moochees finish pulling victims out of the strange void. Several of the patients also seem to have finished their treatment as the moochees are starting to move them on stretchers that would look comically oversized for the moochees carrying them if the scene wasn't so serious.

https://i.imgur.com/ygWvr67.jpg

Drama Queen | Sheet | Page | Defenses | Senses

"Would I?" Leslie crosses her arms and inspects the two scions carefully, as if they hadn't just saved her life from an especially powerful rampant. After a moment, she closes her eyes and smirks.

"Heh!" She shakes her head and opens her eyes. "What is a queen without her army, as I always say? I'm sure our team has a place for them. After all, they already have the knight's approval."

She uncrosses an arm and gestures towards Anna, then moves her hands to her hips. "Now, I'd love to hear your stories. It sounds like you're both coming out of retirement. Care to tell me more?"

Morgan nods at Drama. "That's only fair I suppose." Unconsciously she wraps her arms around her stomach. "But maybe not in the middle of ..." she nods at the tent and the medic moochees. Hopefully, the tall girl thinks. She'll forget and I won't have to go over that.

Morgan can't help but feel shame over the fact that even the thought of her "retirement" sent a wave of fear and phantom pain through her stomach.

"Uhm... Yeah, I... guess so? I mean... Yes." She straightened up, remembering that they were supposed to be the heroic protectors of the city, and not at all feeling somewhat in over her head. "That is, if they're both happy to join us as well."

Well, one of them wasn't quite so much 'another' generation, was she? They'd fought alongside Morgan in earlier battles after all. While the other Anna... It sounded a lot like she outweighed the lot of them where it came to experience battling Rampants...

Ittle nods, "Well then you'll find your apartments have been expanded. And of course you've earned a reward for defeating that rampant." The grizzled moochee gestures and four more come running over. Each one is carrying a small wooden box which they offer to the scions. Within the scions each find twenty small purple crystals carefully nestled into carved nooks. They blaze with radiant light to Leslie's senses and even the less magically inclined scions can feel the power coming off.

"I suggest you use them wisely. We don't have many teams such as you. No doubt you'll be needed again soon. So try to rest if you can."

The mooches are almost done now. All of their emergency supplies have been packed up and only a single rift remains through which the scions can see the towering shape of the High Rise. The school is eerily normal now. As if a massive attack hadn't taken place mere moments ago.

OOC

Gain 20 PP, and increase power level to 13.

"Thank you," Anna acknowledges of the moochee as she takes her box with their precious content.

"I think we'll do try and do that. Right?" she asks, as she turns to face the rest of the group while still in her Scion regalia.

Morgan nods and takes the box. She listens to the Moochee her eyes going a little wide as the rift opens up. "Wait a Goddamned minute!" She growls. "Apartments?!"

She looks at the gathered Scions. "When the hell did they start handing out living spaces?!

More to the point the delinquent girl was trying to figure out how to intimidate the moochees into moving her sisters into these "apartments". Only her sisters, her useless mother could stay in their current -it should have been condemned ages ago - loft apartment, but her sisters deserved better.

Maybe if she could find her bat before the moochees disappeared ...