The Second Step

Ruess

S9DYqqC.jpg.b8aad4d0c17e392306e13402c0ef02d7.jpgMahdi Dawud
المهدي دَاوُوْد
HP:
11/13 AC: 17
Character Sheet--->Here

"Some hours are longer than others, if you know what I mean. I think we should perhaps in the future avoid very large conflagrations in enclosed spaces with little air. But still, I think if we can find a home base we could be able to remain down there indefinitely to explore much further afield. We did find these awfully valuable objects, which I am sure are very interesting. And the mooks we put in order had these magical items." He indicates the art objects they retrieved and the singed evil aligned items they took from the orcs.

"Let's see, who do I know that prattles on about banking?" He considers the question for a moment.

OOC

Knowledge: Local roll incoming

Name
Knowledge: Local
1d20+7 5

Ruven Kair | "My Speech" | 'My thoughts' | My actions.

Ruven Kair Male, Neutral Good, Lesser Air Genasi Wizard 2, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 40ft
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3, BAB +1
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Conditions None

Memorized Spells

SPELL SLOTS (Cantrip, DC 14) 3+3 | (1st, DC 15) 1+3+1 | (2nd) 0 | (3rd) 0

1. Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*)

2. Color Spray, Grease*, (Grease*), (Lesser Orb of Acid*), (Resinous Tar*)

Feats / Abilities

FEATS
  • FLAW: Improved Levitation
  • Wizard: Scribe Scroll
  • 1st: Cloudy Conjuration
  • 3rd: Blank
ABILITIES
  • Improved Levitation 4/5
  • Abrupt Jaunt 4/4

Ruven watches Doallyn leave and with a look of contemplation he comments, "I have a feeling I'll never get an explanation about what exactly he just did down there. A pity" He considers for a moment about the offered "spider steaks" and decides to take a chance. He orders one, to go with the supplied ale. "Yes, these amulets are definitely magic, but I would never want to use it. Basically when you die, it animates your skull into a fiery undead creature. Something only the evil minded would consider. I wonder if they were told what they would do, or if they were just pawns themselves." He settles down with the others while waiting for his 'steak' to arrive. "We kind of made an arrangement to meet a shady guard, which we bribed, in order to get more information about a group targeting adventurers down there. Those bodies are their latest victims. The area near the entrance seemed full of necromantic energy and we felt that if they were left there, the bodies would likely have reanimated and been a future problem for us. Also, it seems there may be another entrance near here. It seems to be behind a mirror in, or near, a weaver's shop. Would that ring any bells with you? Also, do you happen to know someone who could cleanse the area at the entrance, so the reanimation problem isn't a future concern?"

OOC:

Nothing to see here.

Posted (edited)

Lights In The Dark

AdrielFifth weekday, 32th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

Late Morning 10:24

Roy

Roy makes certain that ales and plentiful and that steaks come in hot once he has heard your story. 963102255_EcafRomra.png.7f45272667f150b2311cb214b3e84820.png

"Well! That..." Roy drums his gauntleted fingers on the table in thought. "Yees! That! That is that. So! Firstly, I'm happy to see you all back alive in one piece. If there is that much going on down there, I dread to think what will happen to less prepared groups. Shapeshifting monsters, eesh." Roy shakes his head. "Your descriptor for the... weaver shop? I've got nothing. But I might know a guy or two, maybe. I should caution you that they are cut-throat types, and those don't like telling tales. As for the corpses and their businesss... There was a plan, yes, and since you seem to have forgotten the plan, I will happily tell you that any in the city temple will take your business. It's just a matter of gold and services. Some will be happy to charge you a fortune, and some will take ten copper and sell it to the nearest necromancer for coppers."

Roy leans in, and lowers his voice.

"I can't stop you from marching to the closest temple of Heironous or rushing to kick in Grand Inquisitor Vibrum's door, but I'll have you know I'm diving in the nearest well if you do either of those. Water will only drown me and that'll be that."

Roy leans back out and continues in his normal voice.

"Local faiths and churches might be easier to talk to. They won't ask how exactly you came by the corpses and your...knowledge of their state. The Sanctum literally next door might be open to your business. Particularly since you have all these amulets and skulls.

Roy pauses to pause for a short breath.

"Plantwise I would ask Sunny if you are looking to make a sale. She might be good for consulting if you want to make something out of it. Maybe. But don't quote me on that. Artwise you should ask Varon, who is busy elsewhere today. You could send a runner to let him know you have art in need of moving - well, you could hire someone who knows art to move it. Your choice."

Edited by Ruess (see edit history)

Saai Vees asks, "Roy, do you happen to know any skilled Artificers who might be able to assist in our endeavor?" she inquires, her tone earnest. "We're looking for someone who can handle the delicate task of dismantling these artifacts while ensuring that their magical energies are put to good use. It's a bit of a specialized request, I know, but I believe it's important to handle these items responsibly, especially considering their potential danger."

She leans forward slightly, her eyes bright with determination. "Any leads you might have would be greatly appreciated. We're eager to ensure that these artifacts are dealt with in the safest and most beneficial manner possible."

المهدي دَاوُوْد
HP:
Character Sheet--->Here

So far as Mahdi is concerned the bodies can be dispatched into the nearest mass pauper's grave without rites of any kind, and he notes to himself to find out who offers such services. "Dismantle the artifacts!? Those things are worth a fortune! The temple will take money for them because they...want to keep them out of the wrong hands?" He seems skeptical at that point, though what priests of a goodly god are doing with evil artifacts is none of his business so long as they pay well for them. "Perhaps you could tell me where this Varon is and I can fetch him myself?" He pulls his bandana over his face and pulls his hood up as he readies to run errands.

OOC

Lights In The Dark

AdrielFifth weekday, 32th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

Late Morning 10:26

Roy

"I..." Roy halts. You can see his hands work out his contemplations. He, himself, looks at the table while his fingers dance all over themselves as he considers 963102255_EcafRomra.png.7f45272667f150b2311cb214b3e84820.pngSaai's words. "I...don't know what to tell you. I don't know a single artificer. Consider visiting the sanctorum next door, and asking their head priest. If nothing else, they should know who to refer you to. Big letter *E* kind of evil things are... Tricky doesn't quite fit here. But it's that or shit-spaw. Take your pick. As for Varon... I don't know. Somewhere. I imagine with societal people. He's not here, he's not upstairs, he's not in the back, so I imagine he will turn up at some point. If you are heading, be safe out there."

المهدي دَاوُوْد
HP:
Character Sheet--->Here

"The Sanctorum, unless you have a better idea. You know you can trust them there--they're priests after all. We'll apparently have to wait for this Varon to return before off loading the...arts. Meanwhile, I am going to make a few inquiries about what we discovered down there." He declares his trust in the priesthood in a deadpan tone. There is a clatter of dishes in the direction of the kitchen and a loud exclamation from the barmaid that draws attention for just a moment, and then he is suddenly gone.

OOC

733883198_politelaugh.png.1207ba62970d87859037c974c3a5e828.png

With Mahdi's departure, Saai settles back in her seat, enjoying the warmth of the tavern's atmosphere. She takes another bite of the delicious spider steak, savoring the moment of relaxation before they continue their adventures. The flavors of lemon and butter meld perfectly with the tender meat.

kaldakacziltoken.png.a6ea8c384f8aeed975b2e258389128fa.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 2, Level 2, Init 1, HP 15/23, 1 Nonlethal Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 2  
  Bite  +5 (1d8+4, x2)
  Chainmail Barding (+5 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Natural Armor)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 16
Senses Keen Senses (half distance penalties for perception), Keen Low-Light Vision (multiply effective illumination distances for the dragon by 4), Darkvision 120ft.
Conditions None

Kaldakaczil gives a small nod as the party decides what to do, letting his mind briefly contemplate what he would be doing as well. "I may swing by Sunny first and discuss the plants we rescued from that parlor of horrors. Once that's done, I'll meet up with you all at the temple. We should also see about replacing the hired help to maintain the logistics that our companion established before his departure, so that we can continue pressing further into the depths. I'd offer, but... Outside of attracting any kobolds that might be lurking in the city's sewers or alleys, I'm not sure who I would attract as an employer. Although, if there were kobolds I'd heartily recommend them. Sure, some of them you need to keep a closer eye on than others, but no creature on the surface of this plane works harder than a loyal child of dragon's blood."

Ruven Kair | "My Speech" | 'My thoughts'| My actions.

Ruven Kair Male, Neutral Good, Lesser Air Genasi Wizard 2, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 40ft
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3, BAB +1
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Conditions None

Memorized Spells

SPELL SLOTS (Cantrip, DC 14) 3+3 | (1st, DC 15) 1+3+1 | (2nd) 0 | (3rd) 0

1. Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*)

2. Color Spray, Grease*, (Grease*), (Lesser Orb of Acid*), (Resinous Tar*)

Feats / Abilities

FEATS
  • FLAW: Improved Levitation
  • Wizard: Scribe Scroll
  • 1st: Cloudy Conjuration
  • 3rd: Blank
ABILITIES
  • Improved Levitation 4/5
  • Abrupt Jaunt 4/4

"I believe taking care of the necromantic items would be a great step. If they know more about the items that may help up with their owners, it would be good as well. We could also schedule a cleansing of the area."

OOC:

Did Mahdi just pull a Batman?

Lights In The Dark

Late Morning 10:26

963102255_EcafRomra.png.7f45272667f150b2311cb214b3e84820.png

Roy considers Saai's question before indicating at a particular gnome standing on top of a large box while arguing with two other gnomes. The one that Roy indicates at is wearing a very fetching hat as the only indicator you can find to tell the three gnomes apart by, at least on a quick look. "Atat there mentioned he is a... connector? People person? He makes it his business to know people, apparently. Ask him about Crocodiles. They are supposed to be a newly formed company."

Edited by Ruess (see edit history)

733883198_politelaugh.png.1207ba62970d87859037c974c3a5e828.png

Saai Vees finishes her mouthful of spider steak and delicately wipes the butter off her face with a napkin. With a determined expression, she motions to Ruven Kair and Kaldakaczil to join her, indicating that they should go and negotiate with Atat about the possibility of the group named Crocodiles acting as a supply delivery and loot transportation service.

As they rise from their seats, Saai addresses the group, her voice filled with urgency. "Let's head to Atat and see if we can strike a deal. This could be the solution we've been searching for, crucial for our logistics and supplies."

With a confident stride, Saai leads towards Atat, her mind racing with plans and negotiations.

Saai Vees approaches Atat with a warm smile, her companions hopefully trailing behind her. As she reaches him, she extends a hand in greeting, her eyes meeting his with a mix of confidence and respect.

"Hello, Atat. My name is Saai Vees," she begins, her tone friendly yet businesslike. "This is Ruven Kair," she says, motioning towards the wizard, "and Kaldakaczil," she adds, indicating the dragon companion beside Ruven.

"Roy mentioned that you might be able to assist us with some services we require," Saai continues, her gaze steady as she speaks. "We're in need of a supply delivery and loot transportation service for our expeditions into certain areas. We would like you to help us with that. Something about a crocodile company?"

She pauses, allowing Atat a moment to respond, her expression open and expectant.

OOCCharm Domain: +4 Charisma 1/day 1 minute

Cast Charm Domain: Charm Person

Edit: forgot the +4 Charisma in roll below, from OOC mentioned above

Edited by bloodsprite (see edit history)
Name
Diplomacy (vs Atat who is 'Charm Person'ed)
d20+5 20

Under The Sun

Late Morning 10:2

Saai Vees

At first look this gnome Atat is certainly aging - or then the sun is draining his beard swiftly. He iss quite well dressed and his top hat has a collection of tools about him image(9).jpg.38fccc7aeda3d8b7c39d7cc03a2edb57.jpgas though the ones on his vest and inside his ample greatcoat were not enough. He looks almost ridiculous in this heat, and would doubtlessly be dead from heat stroke if not for the strange air of winter surrounding him. He has a steady smile about him, one that grows at the sight of Saai.

"Eh-heh-heh-helloo~" he greets Saai with a warm smile "Do have a seat, Miss Vees. How can Atat help a lovely lady like yourself?"

When Saai speaks of Roy and the matter of mercenaries, Atat nods. And rubs his hands together.

"You speak of Crocodiles, mercenaries, yes? Atat has met them. Young mercenaries, very hopeful. Not blooded yet. Atat can show you where, for some coin. Atat can even make introductions. Atat might even know a few veterans if lovely Miss Vees needs more than youth and muscles."

Mahdi

Mahdi finds himself with a curious twist of luck. A message is waiting for him by the door, where a young runner is holding a small scroll of parchment. The wax seal is a rather familiar one, and fully intact as well.

The contents of the scroll are interesting. Apparently Mahdi is wanted for a little sit-down, urgently enough that Zaid has rented a little room at an out-of-the-way tavern that Mahdi has been to once or twice. The place is called Silver Line, as Mahdi recalls, and it caters to private meetings.

ร—
ร—