The Web of All Torment - OOC

cailano

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Doesn't that involve melting them? I recall skimming over that section with a smile.

I found an excerpt, and they discussed various forms of dice torture, from dropping them in scalding hot water, microwaving them for a few seconds, throwing them across the room, or stuffing them down your pants and secretly mixing them with your friends dice.

@Elysium777 I clicked on your dice rolls and realized that you aren't rolling right for a warrior in DCC.

Attack modifier: Unlike other classes, warriors do not receive a fixed attack modifier at each level. In- stead, they receive a randomized modifier known as a deed die. At 1st level, this is a d3. The warrior rolls this d3 on each attack roll and applies it to both his attack roll and his damage roll. On one attack, the die may give him a +1 to his attack roll and damage roll. On the next attack, the die may give him +3! The deed die advances with the warrior’s level, climbing to d7 by 5th level, and then higher up to d10+4 at 10th level. The warrior always makes a new roll with this die in each combat round. When the warrior has multiple attacks at higher levels, the same deed die applies to all attacks in the same combat round.

You should also check the quick start rules for Mighty Deeds of Arms because they can be really powerful. Also, you score crits on either a 19 or 20.

If you want, you can review those paragraphs and then add a Deed die to your attack, along with any deed you want to attempt. Remember, the deed attempt is risk free. It only works if you roll a 3 on the deed die, but the normal attack can still land, regardless, as long as the attack roll is high enough to be successful.

20 minutes ago, cailano said:

@Elysium777 I clicked on your dice rolls and realized that you aren't rolling right for a warrior in DCC.

Attack modifier: Unlike other classes, warriors do not receive a fixed attack modifier at each level. In- stead, they receive a randomized modifier known as a deed die. At 1st level, this is a d3. The warrior rolls this d3 on each attack roll and applies it to both his attack roll and his damage roll. On one attack, the die may give him a +1 to his attack roll and damage roll. On the next attack, the die may give him +3! The deed die advances with the warrior’s level, climbing to d7 by 5th level, and then higher up to d10+4 at 10th level. The warrior always makes a new roll with this die in each combat round. When the warrior has multiple attacks at higher levels, the same deed die applies to all attacks in the same combat round.

You should also check the quick start rules for Mighty Deeds of Arms because they can be really powerful. Also, you score crits on either a 19 or 20.

If you want, you can review those paragraphs and then add a Deed die to your attack, along with any deed you want to attempt. Remember, the deed attempt is risk free. It only works if you roll a 3 on the deed die, but the normal attack can still land, regardless, as long as the attack roll is high enough to be successful.

I believe I did before, I rolled the 1d5 before the d20 and d6 in my first post but I'll roll it again. Edited my post as I want to try shoving Regular 1

Edited by Elysium777 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I feel bad that I'm not healing you guys but at the same time I'm the one with the highest damage output. I'll deal d10+5 to these dudes!

Just...try not to die 😂

Gotta love DCC. It's all about risk/reward and pushing your luck.

1 hour ago, TheMightyDeeEmm said:

Hey, at least you’re dealing more than a piddling 1 damage :’(

My Faith makes me stronk.

2 hours ago, cailano said:

Gotta love DCC. It's all about risk/reward and pushing your luck.

Indeed! Cleric magic might be more tame than wizard magic but I'm enjoying it.

As a player I know Shaun did well, but as Shaun Shaun must think himself rusty because these damn things are still standing 😅 And like any unreasonable magic-user who has just woken up from a lovely illusion to a terrible reality he probably just wants to try and pump more power into his magic because that's a surefire way to make it work.

Work harder, not smarter, as it were.

@cailano If I want to try for that spell check 24 effect (cone, knocking the demons out), would Shaun be able to maneuver in such a way that he will not catch any of his friends in it?