Character Creation OoC/Questions

TheFred

It hasn't, it has been less than one week since the application period closed. Unfortunately, I've been a little busier than expected as I had intended to get through everything last weekend, and I didn't. I apologise for the delay, but please hang in there.

There may be some wisdom in recruiting more than three to begin with, as many games suffer from a degree of fallout once the game actually starts and people find they cannot commit as much as they thought. Having a couple of extra reserves in the bag could help avoid any such problems later.

You haven't asked about people's usual posting habits, but in my experience there's quite a range of posting rates out there, from the rampant post whores who'll be all over it every day (that's me, by the way) to those who will struggle to post once a week and may need managing to avoid holding up the flow.

Three does allow for a dropout if it comes to it... if I can't narrow the shortlist down I might consider four, but it starts to get harder to manage at that point (I think 5 is probably the ideal number, plus or minus one).

We've been at two for quite some time, and the pace has been pretty slow (partly because of me, partly because there are only two players, partly just life) but we keep plugging away. This won't be a super fast game I just need people not to drop out completely. 🙂

It's not going to be fast (I used to be posting on MW loads, I just don't have the time/brainpower any more) but I'm hoping that once we're done with recruitment we can settle into a more regular pace. Slow and steady is probably better than fits and starts. Recruitment always takes me too long even at the best of times, though, since there's just a lot of reading, and then a lot of weighing up.

I think I've figured out how he's doing the selection process. He's actually waiting for us to die of old age, illness, accident or misadventure and the last three of us still breathing will be selected for the game. 😀

I have no chance of outliving the rest of you, so I may have to take out some contracts to narrow the field a bit. 😉

In all seriousness, this is taking me far longer than I expected, I realise that I am making you all wait (for which I apologise), and I'm not looking to mess anyone around... but I'm also offering to run a game here for folks which I hope you will enjoy, there's quite a lot to read though and I've been busy; this isn't a job for me, and I haven't promised to be done by any date. The snarkiness isn't called for and, frankly, doesn't seem like a smart way to endear yourself to someone who's considering inviting you into their game. 🙂

1 hour ago, TheFred said:

The snarkiness isn't called for and, frankly, doesn't seem like a smart way to endear yourself to someone who's considering inviting you into their game. 🙂

My comments are intended only as light humour, to pass the time while waiting for your decision. But if they offend you then by all means select others whose sense of humour better matches your own. A degree of compatibility between players and GM is generally good for a game's long-term prospects. ☺️