Character Creation OoC/Questions

TheFred

Yes, I'm sure, and don't worry it's not a black mark against you. Just... relax. 🙂

I was actually close to picking last week but just didn't find the time to finalise it (and I've been discussing with one of the players too).

OK, after much delay (and apologies again for making y'all wait) I have finally settled on picks for new members. This wasn't easy; there are lots of interesting apps but also lots to consider about how they fit into the world and, I guess, my vision for the game (more so than I've found for other games in the past, I think, given all the myths and legendary items and so on in play here). It's certainly no lie that I could easily have switched one of several apps in in place of one of these - even as I'm typing this I'm second-guessing myself! - and I will definitely keep you all in mind if we lose anyone!

But at any rate, you've waited long enough; here are the picks:

Clem (namo) - Great character, liked the writing, and I think managed to hit that mythic legendary vibe as well as anyone.

Jezira (Drunva) - Simple, but effective; I liked the legend, I liked the magic items, and whilst it wasn't a deciding factor I also think it's nice to have a "monster" app, and it will be even nicer should we visit the desert in future adventures.

Kassítira (SteelWarrior) - Rounding out the party with a daughter of the sea, Kassítira is a really classic Greek/Roman style hero and hopefully a good counterbalance to everyone else.

Happy to share what I thought about anyone's apps if you're interested but, as I said, some of it just came down to small differences and general gut feeling. New people: invites will be going out imminently. We'll probably have to go over mechanics, approvals for any items, etc and perhaps make some tweaks but nothing has screamed out at me.

Oh, wow, this is happening!
Nice. I didn't expect to be chosen, honestly, since my PC is a bit weird (mechanically, mostly due to template + race).
Spoiler alert for the other players: she's a bird. Mostly invisible. With psionics.

I'll start the discussion in my thread on a couple of points I want to get by you, TheFred.

OK, new folks, if you can make sure you've added your sheets to the game and check your mechanics and stuff are done, I'll go over everything. I have a bunch of threads to copy over from old MW too but I'll try and get us started again soon!