Character Creation OoC/Questions

TheFred

Sure. We're still copying stuff over from old MW so you might have to go digging around there for stuff from the existing game, but in short we have two current characters:

Eustice is a Primordial Eneko Wizard with a mystery parent, who uses a few Reserve feats for blasting. His parentage could become a part of the story at some point with some dramatic reveal perhaps but so far it's not really been a factor and I think I would like more characters with more obvious godly ties.

Kassandra is a Human Saint Wizard who's the daughter of Apollo; mechanically, her spellcasting is held back by her LA but being a Saint gives her very strong defences. She's very much themed around Apollo's good aspects (healing and general "nice person" stuff) even though Apollo himself is a bit of an absent parent and takes many guises.

We were hoping to get a third player back who took a bit of a hiatus, playing Ianthe the Shadowcaster, but I am not sure if that's happening now.

The existing players are of course welcome to go into more detail. 🙂

Mechanically, I don't really care what the party looks like; we have two spellcasters, and they kind of lack offence, but I would roll with five Wizards if that made for the most interesting party. It's probably more important to have more of a thematic niche, so you've all still got your own bit of the story.

3 hours ago, TheFred said:

Sure. We're still copying stuff over from old MW so you might have to go digging around there for stuff from the existing game, but in short we have two current characters:

Eustice is a Primordial Eneko Wizard with a mystery parent, who uses a few Reserve feats for blasting. His parentage could become a part of the story at some point with some dramatic reveal perhaps but so far it's not really been a factor and I think I would like more characters with more obvious godly ties.

Kassandra is a Human Saint Wizard who's the daughter of Apollo; mechanically, her spellcasting is held back by her LA but being a Saint gives her very strong defences. She's very much themed around Apollo's good aspects (healing and general "nice person" stuff) even though Apollo himself is a bit of an absent parent and takes many guises.

We were hoping to get a third player back who took a bit of a hiatus, playing Ianthe the Shadowcaster, but I am not sure if that's happening now.

The existing players are of course welcome to go into more detail. 🙂

Mechanically, I don't really care what the party looks like; we have two spellcasters, and they kind of lack offence, but I would roll with five Wizards if that made for the most interesting party. It's probably more important to have more of a thematic niche, so you've all still got your own bit of the story.

Thanks. I always try to fit in thematic, even if I am doing an unusual character. I will see what I can come up with.

I wanted to ask seeing as you want us to really play up the descended from gods thang My idea was to play a warforged artificer a son of Hephaestus would that be allowed? the idea came to me like a ton of bricks, and sounded so cool I had to ask. Also as I think this might be a question for me. No other parents a mortal soul was used, as in life was a cripple just like hep, but made a thing that impressed the god, to a point where heph when the mortal died due to exhaustion from crafting it in the frist place , transferred the mortals soul to a construct made by the god who sent him on his way, I know I got details to work out but wanted the concept okayed before I sent in and was vetod due to not being a actual descendent

33 minutes ago, Rhallan said:

Just to make sure I am understanding how new character's are being brought in - they will be from a second group coming to help the village?

Essentially, yes - the villagers split into two groups which have just now rejoined, so I think the easiest thing is to say that you were part of this adventure all along but with the group that the existing two players aren't in (in lieu of some other PCs who dropped).

28 minutes ago, whitelancer said:

Hello, I am interested and thinking a child of Artemis. Specifically a Druid Deadly Hunter (Unearthed Arcana) with a wolf companion. I will get an application up soon. Thank you for offering such an interesting game.

Artemis might be tricky since she was one of the only gods known for not having kids; I'm open to some creative reinterpretations but that feels like a big deal (which is awkward since I like the concept otherwise, the UA Druid is one of my favourites too!).

Also note that the current adventure features Artemis a lot which does give you an in, but the pro-Artemis villagers are proving not exactly to be saints either which is worth bearing in mind.

Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

The idea I am currently working on is that Artemis is my parent but not necessarily my mother. With her father being Zeus, a god famous for his shape changing to get laid combined with the idea that Artemis is only a virgin in a Greek meaning of "Unmarried" rather than the more Christian meaning of "Never had sex." Still forming the details but perhaps some very strong skilled lady hunter... finds herself at a strange camp full of nymphs... ends up pregnant somehow... gives birth to demigod.

Edited by whitelancer (see edit history)

That's not so much the "more Christian meaning" as just, you know, the meaning; this would require either a pretty distinct change to Artemis' lore (not impossible, not least because this game isn't clinging 100% to Greek mythology anyway, but would need some justification) or some creative origins (Greek mythology is full of gods who grew from other gods' toenails and things, though it's a little trickier - but not impossible - when you are aiming to be a half-deity without any of the connotations of having two parents).

That is also an option (that would make you Kassandra's half-sibling, which is entirely possible - and you might not even know each other - since the gods were kinda known just for hooking up with anything that moved...).

Indeed. That is my current though, but also considering doing an Athena like you mentioned before. Perhaps a man finding them bathing, turned into a stag, hunted, eaten, then Artemis cutting out this weird growth thing and it turning into a baby similar to Athena coming from Zeus.

Thank you so much for working with me on this!