Chalia Gremaris

Blaeringr

She's come to Calisport with a caravan as a guard and is now between jobs. So she's looking a group to head back out with to make some money. She might already have met one of the other characters (our halfling bard might be a good candidate for that if the player agrees) and asked to join their group to add some muscle.

Chalia gets a lot of curious looks in town. People are still curious about the different peoples they see, but cavern elves are an extra curious sight.

She's found a room at an inn up in the center of town - The Hammered Hammer. The proprietor, a short stocky humanoid, seems to like being surrounded by cold hard stone as much as Chalia's kin. Not that his is the only stone building in town, but it's certainly the largest inn made (mostly) out of stone.

This morning she's been especially aware of various performers who seem to be just everywhere. Apparently the humans who founded this town have chosen today to be the first day of their year, and are making a grand display of it.

Aside from performances, there are lots of free samples of food everywhere with merchants making sure everyone knows which kitchen each morsel came from.

If it's new years (I have missed that), she will partake in it of course (especially the free food). She will also look around town to see what it looks like (she has lore: architecture to give an expert opinion).

She will also search for a group to do some exploring (if we don't know each other already, I'm not sure how you want to do that).

A lot of interesting buildings in Carisport were made from stone cut out of the cliffs in shaping the harbor and the scent up into the town proper.

The town hall, currently undergoing expansion, is built primarily out of pale stone quarried from the harbor. Just a block away fron Stonecutters Plaza, many of it's columns feature careful scrollwork, though that appears, along with the rest of the building, to be a gradual work in progress.

When empty, some of the cavernous warehouses by the docks are open to visitors. She got to see one of them and its internal complex of cranes and pulleys for moving cargo just the other day.

That rather hard looking not quite human or elf...orc he called himself...she met in the last caravan has been talking about a possible job today. Might have to do with that really big fellow he met earlier this week.

There's a lot of fuss about people taking on new exploration charters today.

Chelia is interested. As at the moment she doesn't have any leads on where her family and friends are, one direction is just as good as any other. And making some extra money on the side isn't a bad thing either, as she still needs to eat and maintain her equipment. She will suggest to bring a magic user or two along, just in case. Her magic is really limited to just one protective cantrip, but she knows that it can be useful at times.

• 2 weeks later...

3rd of Renewal, year 20 - on the road

Screenshot_20231029_144505_Chrome.jpg.87014b10f33215d17dbc124be8c121ac.jpgGavin is the head of some mercenaries who call themselves the Red River Company. They make up the majority of the other guards taken on by the caravan.

He's usually riding a horse - a tall chestnut charger - going back and forth, checking on his company, occasionally riding up alongside someone else in the caravan to chat a bit.

"Really diverse company you showed up with," he blurts out after riding up next to Chelia. "If I'm not mistaken, that greenish fellow with the Alucian accent is a wizard. Been trying to score one of them for my company for years. Do they have a lot of commoners who know magic? Hmm, maybe I need to sail for Alucia, hire a wizard there..."

It's not really clear whether he's trying to have a conversation with Chelia or just with himself.

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (19 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +4

conditions: none

"Magic isn't that difficult to learn," Chelia said, "at least the basics isn't. Hell, even I know a spell to give me some extra protection. Quite useful as I can't wield a shield and this giant sword both. But most magic users stay in their towers and do some spells there. Finding one who's willing to go to the great outdoors is often the tricky bit. From what I've heard he used to be a gladiator of some sort who used magic in his matches. So at least he knows a bit about combat. Those are even rarer to find."

OOC

• 2 weeks later...

4th of Renewal, year 20 - Aldpine

Spring Queen's Shadow

What a voice! Dalmar thought he recognized it, chirping like a song bird now and then in the streets. First near the main road at the South end, then over there by the herbalist's.

Yes! There she is. It's her after all, and without her foul family to get in his way. Dalmar knew he would finally get his chance, here in the dark twilight of Aldpine...

Clang! Where did that very solid knight come from. And those eyes! Fierce eyes under hair flaming in the nearby torchligt.

Watchful Friend

Chelia potted the man almost as soon as she started following Maybell. He was looking around, suddenly excited by something. His whole countenance and posture changed the instant he spotted Maybell.

Mirroring Maybell's meandering path, he kept his distance, ducking around corners and watching, then dashing to close the distance.

Finally, as Maybell heads down an empty lane heading to the West end of town, he makes his move...right into Chalia who's now blocking his way. He stumbles back and stares at Chalia, blue eyes wide and trembling as though he were seeing Hippana's herald herself glaring back at him. This close, Chalia can see his features more clearly: he looks fairly young, early twenties, thinning sand colored hair, pock marked face, a wispy attempt at growing a beard to cover his chubby neck.

He turns and runs, letting out a little squeak as he does so.

Hopefully this one won't bother Maybell anymore with her new friends around.