Hakaja Kek

Blaeringr

While unable to treat the more severe injuries, Kek thinks he has her breathing more steadily. Jane notices this and seems optimistic. It looks like whoever attacked her was targeting her liver - so yes, pain seems to have been their goal.

Jane's response: "This comes as a surprise to some, but alemaking is usually done in small scale operations by women. Just women taking care of the home, making food, and using leftovers to make something extra. Just some leftover grain is all you need to make some ale. If it's gone a little bad and won't make good bread, it'll still do for ale."

Jane wipes her brow - seems she's been busy this evening.

"Well, there are some fellows trying to start a large scale operation, just out in the woods North o town. Could be them trying to make room for their brews. Could be a competing alehouse*. Could be another inn trying to send us a message. You might get better leads asking around town."

Kek has spent 2 hours caring for Gail, and about an hour was spent setting up accomodations at Lumber Jane's. You spent 8 hours traveling. That puts us about 3 hours into the 8 hours of evening.

*an alehouse isn't what we think of in the modern world - a big professional business with a big menu of ales and food - they are people's homes, where people, very often women, sell their leftover ale. It's filling, nutritious, and cheap. And they may even sell some leftover bread too!

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 22/22 ~ AC: 18 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +5 ~ Ref: +7 ~ Will: +6 ~ Per: +6

Sheet link

Kek exhales irritably. "The woman is my patient and I will treat her, but if this is some sort of rivalry, it is not my concern."
After a moment, he reconsiders. "Although ... my associates might choose to make it a concern if they were made aware of it. Are they still in the main room? If they would care to pursue the townsfolk version of justice, then they may wish to examine the site of the attack. Would you tell them?"

Spoiler

Kek doesn't feel a burning need to dispense justice here. Orcs take care of their own sh*t, generally. And the concept of a business, let alone a business that might need defending, is just utterly alien. That said, Kek adheres to something like the Hippocratic Oath, so he will treat the woman until she's well or he can't do anything for her.

He would like to involve the rest of the party to see if this is something they'd like to pursue.

EDIT: Are you f*cking kidding me with the rolls now.

Edited by Dr Jackal (see edit history)
Name
Medicine, round 3
1d20+4 9

Jane doesn't want o purse it that way it seems, "Gail will wake up. Then she'll talk about what happened, be it to me or to her friends. They'll pursue any vendetta on her behalf. This town needs better law enforcement, not innkeepers stirring up revenge. Thank you for your efforts here."

Jane makes sure Kek doesn't have to smell all the cooking food with an empty belly. The cook gives him plenty bits of this and that, whatever's being prepared. And he's offered a two bed room for the night.

Kek finally makes some progress with some bark tea. Coaxing some into her, it brings her fever down and hopefully will dull some of the pain.

She wakes up with a gasp, tries to sit up, clenches in pain and lies back down with hands over her upper abdomen.

She takes in her surroundings, and seems clearly intimidated by Kek, but calms when she notices how others look deferentially at Kek.

"Should move her to a back room." Says the cook. "Wanted her close to boiling pots and herbs at first, but she needs a quiet bed now."

He gestures and one of the kitchen helpers moves to help move her.

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 22/22 ~ AC: 18 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +5 ~ Ref: +7 ~ Will: +6 ~ Per: +6

Sheet link

Kek picks up the blanket and its occupant easily. "I agree, although my skills seem to have deserted me tonight. She has awoken more from her own tenacity than from any aid I provided. My apologies."
After the kitchen staff leaves, he sits on a nearby sack of flour. "Your injury will hurt for some time, and the pain may radiate up to your shoulder. However, I believe you are no longer in danger from your injuries. Do you have questions? And is there anything else I should know?"

Spoiler

The dice are the dice. I'd rather read that last roll as a saving throw, honestly. Kek knows he needs to get better.

That said, if I have one complaint about PF2e, it's that you're locked into Trained at level one. I wish you could have at least one skill at Expert. Maybe Int mod, minimum of 1?

"Just business..." she mumbles quietly in response. "It can be a rough town. I'll send word to my kin. Should head home when they come to fetch me. It's not far and I think I can manage the trip."

She's wincing with every word, but probably safe enough doing as she plans.

Seems the performance is over. There are a few more people out in the common room now, including Kek's friends.