Jump to content

IC - The Sunless Citadel


SMARTAgentKC

Recommended Posts

Lady Hucrele gave a nod to Yopine, "Do not bother with writing down the address, I can find out where it is." She stated evenly

Jin hummed "what that, oh that's just a minor trick I know called Prestidigitation. One of its effects is that I can temporary create a small hand sized trinket but the trinket only lasts for a few moments before vanishing."

Brick chuckled as he shook hands with Zorian "eh we're all part of the same urchin gang more or less. Jin and I were street kids, Rebecca and Violet were causalities of circumstance and found themselves in poor town. We all teamed up together for survival and we each had a knack that the others didn't, Jin's was music, Rebe's was plants and herbal medicine, Violet's was drawing and I had my muscles so I was more or less the bodyguard of the girls when they went out to the market to sell what herbs and plants Rebe grew and what drawings Violet did. When a crime lord tried to exploit us and tried to use us especially the girls for other things. Jin managed to blow the lid on the crimelords whole operation, and we borrowed one of their wagons and took off been going from place to place since then doing adventurer jobs for money. It's been a little rough on the road for some of us especially Violet who I think hates being on the road.

Violet would come out of the general store and gave Brick a sour look "so I prefer a quiet candle lit room where I can study my magic and draw in peace instead of the bumpy bouncy road that insists on making me spill my paints and ritual inks while we move." She retorted "Hopefully with this job I can finally afford a place to settle down."

"aw, you aren't thinking of ditching us huh Violet," Jin teased "I thought you liked the adventures."

Violet huffed as she climbed back into the wagon "I'll tolerate them because it keeps you from whining about boredom." She retorted

Jin made a noise "I do not whine." He argued with a high pitch tone

Brick chuckled "come on, let's go," He called to put a stop to the bickering before it got out of hand. He hummed as he looked over the group "you guys are welcome to jump in the wagon, it most likely will be faster than walking."

Jin exhaled steam out of his nose as he walked towards the front of the wagon.

~~~

OOC: If you all are set with your characters, I'll advance to the start of the dungeon part of the adventure.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yopine Quietclock (Deep Gnome Ranger 3) Sheet spacer.png


AC: 15 | HP: 28/28 | Initiative: +5 | Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Insight: 15 | | Features


Yopine listen with interest. It was a familiar story, for certain. When they got to the part of foiling the crime lords plan and escaping, their group started to look a little more familiar. She suddenly froze as she realized why.

"Holy crap, that was you guys? Boss' name was Hassletouch, right?" She seemed to be excited to the point of giddiness, as if she were in the presence of celebrity.

"So many people want you dead, you have no idea. Absolutely brilliant." Her mood carried her onto the cart with glee. "Let me know if there's anything you need. Seriously."

OOC: Ready to go here.


 

 

Mechanics

Main Hand: empty
Off Hand: empty


Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

     
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zorian Arakan (Half-elf Paladin 3) sheetspacer.png


AC: 20 | HP: 31/31 | Initiative: +0 | Passive Perception: 12 | Features


Zorian climbs onto the wagon, maintaining polite distance from the two girls.

"Miss Rebe, Miss Violet. It is a pleasure to meet you both."

During the ride, he keeps watch behind us to make sure nothing attacks us from that direction.


Mechanics

Main Hand: empty
Off Hand: empty


Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Notes

Lady Kerowyn Hucrele, Matriach of the Hucrele Merchant family

My son, Talgen Hucrele and daughter Sharwyn Hucrele

Brick, faith so maybe cleric

Jin, bard

Rebe

Violet

 

     

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Brick hummed "yep that was him, and his name should have warned us not to deal with him."

"Yeah, he was a hassle to deal with and he liked to continuously touch everything he could get his hands on." Jin chirped as he jumped in "especially if the thing was a girl right Violet"

Violet made a noise of disgust "do not remind me of him." She retorted.

Rebecca hummed as she looked at Yopine "We should be fine, as long as we don't return there." She looked at Zorian with a smile "and it's a pleasure to meet you as well Zorian, I hope we can work well together."

With Vanio joining them in the wagon. Lady Hucrele hummed "Please return safely all of you."

Brick hummed "I'll make sure of it." He lightly clicked the reigns to get their horse to pull the wagon and with a light noise the horse started moving pulling the wagon along with general ease."

~~~

It would take about one and a half hours for the group to get from Oakhurst to where they were going, Traveling what was called the old road they passed through small gentle sloping rocky hills with plenty of colorful plant growth and old oak trees however as they continued on, they would notice some abandoned farms and then barren landscape and soon they would come across a ravine running alongside the old road, it length appears to be several miles but it's width and depth appear to be about 30 to 40 feet across and down, clearly not something easily crossed without a bridge, flight or magic.

Brick would bring the wagon to a stop.

Jin seemed to snort awake "are we there yet."

Brick hummed "I think so." He pulled out a map "yeah seven miles out of Oakhurst where the old road meets the ravine." He looked around then noted some pillars both standing and broken around the ravine "yep, those pillars mark where the Citadel once was."

Jin hummed "yeah was, I don't see no citadel..."

Brick hummed "that's because it's down there Jin." He pointed at the ravine

Jin made a noise "down there..." He jumped off of the wagon and looked went over to the edge of the ravine and made a whistle "now I get why they call it sunless, it's sunk into the earth."

Brick hummed "yeah from what I heard it was some sort of disaster that caused the earth to crack open and..." he made a loud mouth gulp like he was eating something big and whole

Jin whistled again "damn, it must have been hungry." He hummed "alright people we're here pile out."

~~~

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yopine Quietclock (Deep Gnome Ranger 3) Sheet spacer.png


AC: 15 | HP: 28/28 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Insight: 15 | | Features


Yopine chatted happily during the cart ride, her legs kicking with impatience while dangling from the rear of the cart. Hasseltouch's reputation was well known and often discussed in the underworld. She didn't need to have met the man personally or worked his territory to know how bad it must have been. If there were questions regarding the more obscure aspects of his operation, she was ready to provide clarity.

She also had plenty of advice on how to lay low, along with information about what her friends had been doing to help them already. That included the interception and incarceration of two contract killers with their names high up on a list of many. Likely others were prowling around.

There was more hope in getting the Guild itself involved. People higher in the organization was already aware of several violations of the Guild's own charter. With the right evidence, as provided directly by her employer, Hassletouch's entire empire should be torn down with a little internal warring. He'd be replaced. She couldn't deny that. But his replacement should at least be more manageable.

Yopine was also trying to get a feel for what might be hiding under Violet's makeup. Hopefully it was more for protection from the sun than covering up...

Well, they were here, so no point in dwelling on the past. They had a citadel to search.

"Sinkhole?" She asked, appearing at the edge of the ravine. Yopine hoped not. They were common enough underground, but pretty boring after you got past the rescue stage. Romantic images swirled around her mind filled with divine might striking the place down, or Demonweb Pits opening and taking it all down to Drider hell.

Now that would be interesting.

OOCYopine will be watching for any signs of the missing. Do you want a Perception roll?


 

 

Mechanics

Main Hand: empty
Off Hand: empty


Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

     
 
Name
Survival
23
1d20+3 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The skill check options are investigation (int) or survival (wis) in 5e even if you are not proficient in a skill you can still do a check

~~~

BrIck hummed "I think they said it was when the mountain Hotenow erupted and threw neverwinter into chaos a long while back."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zorian Arakan (Half-elf Paladin 3) sheetspacer.png


AC: 20 | HP: 31/31 | Initiative: +0 | Passive Perception: 12 | Features


Zorian enjoys the ride, getting to know all of his new companions - the ones from the bar and the owners of the wagon. Jin is a little uptight but Zorian thinks he'll come around. Brick and the girls seem nice. He feels a tingle on his neck as we approach the ravine.

"Hotenow? That's some powerful magic to make a ravine all the way down here. I wonder what the connection was?"

He waits for Yopine to scout out the right path down to the Citadel. Once she finds a path, he follows closely along.


Mechanics

Main Hand: empty
Off Hand: empty


Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Notes

Lady Kerowyn Hucrele, Matriach of the Hucrele Merchant family

My son, Talgen Hucrele and daughter Sharwyn Hucrele

Brick, faith so maybe cleric

Jin, bard

Rebe

Violet

 

     

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brick hummed "I think some sort of cult built the place at least that's what I heard rumored.

As Yopine scouted out the area both Rebecca and Violet came out of the cart

Rebecca hummed as she looked over the Ravine "wow..."

Violet hummed "You really found us a good one Jin... I'm sensing a lot of magic in this place"

Jin grinned "Told ya Violet, bet this place is most likely loaded with magical artifacts."

"or traps." Violet countered "watch yourself Jin, or you're liable to get a spell on you or worse."

Jin made a dismissive noise

Rebecca hummed "this place feels weird," She knelt down and touched the ground "hmm... so strange."

~~~

Yopine as you scout around the area scrutinizing every little section of the pillars, you notice quite a bit, many campfires have been made over by them, you judge by pure natural talent that the last couple of campfires were from about two weeks ago, a closer look shows that while there was attempts to cover up the campsites, your tracking skill has locked onto the exact campsite that seems to have once hosted your targets, how did you figure that out, well you found a half burnt piece of Vellum with some writing on it, possibly a page from a spellbook or other magical tome, you guess.

You also detect other stuff, on the pillars you see purposely made markings on the pillars almost like someone marked stuff on the pillar itself like a message but it's not in common. Zorian upon looking at the markings that Yopine points out you recognize that they are warnings written in goblin attempting to ward off trespassers and threaten them with all sorts of violent acts that in pleasant company you do not want to repeat.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yopine Quietclock (Deep Gnome Ranger 3) Sheet spacer.png


AC: 15 | HP: 28/28 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Insight: 15 | | Features


Yopine wasn't a fan of guesswork so she kept the vellum secure for others to examine. The huntress also kept her movements subtle as she searched. Those markings didn't look friendly to her. She looked up to Zorian and waited for him to make sense of them. There was no sense in getting the others worked up until they knew what was going on.


 

 

Mechanics

Main Hand: empty
Off Hand: empty


Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

     
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zorian Arakan (Half-elf Paladin 3) sheetspacer.png


AC: 20 | HP: 31/31 | Initiative: +0 | Passive Perception: 12 | Features


Zorian reads the warnings out loud, translating them for the others, but leaving out the profanities that goblins always seem to put in their speech.

"Whatever magic was protecting this place, it looks like it has become a goblin nest now. They might not seem like much individually, but in a swarm, they can be very deadly. Should go see what's down there?"

He's ready to take the lead, but he doesn't know how to get down the ravine.


Mechanics

Main Hand: empty
Off Hand: empty


Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Notes

Lady Kerowyn Hucrele, Matriach of the Hucrele Merchant family

My son, Talgen Hucrele and daughter Sharwyn Hucrele

Brick, faith so maybe cleric

Jin, bard

Rebe

Violet

 

     

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yopine Quietclock (Deep Gnome Ranger 3) Sheet spacer.png


AC: 15 | HP: 28/28 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Insight: 15 | | Features


Yopine thanked him for the translation and showed the parchment along with her theories about it being from a spellbook.

"I honestly wouldn't know, though. Don't use the things myself. Could be just about anything."

The rest of the group was involved, now, and any qualms about discussing their findings evaporated with the warning of Goblins. She agreed with him readily. A single, violent, Gobbo wasn't much trouble. It was when they cooperated that they became a problem.

"Aye. Some of the best pack-tacticians I've ever seen. Let's hope they're in a better mood now than when they wrote that."


 

 

Mechanics

Main Hand: empty
Off Hand: empty


Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

     
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Violet would examine the parchment, "hmm... judging by this writing on it, it might be, I'll keep on hand."

Jin hummed "well if it is, that might prove that Sharwyn Hucrele was here at some point which should make it that we're on the right path. Now the question is how do we get down there." He hummed as he looked over the edge. "Might be able to use Feather Fall..."

"I would prefer you not using that Jin." Violet muttered "last time you did, I swear you made the wind blow upward on purpose."

"that wasn't me!" Jin muttered "we just caught a gust of wind on our fall and..."

"and I said at that time that we are never doing that again!" Violet snapped

"oh come on Violet, how else are we supposed to get down there."

"Why not try a rope." Rebecca suggested "looks like that's what someone else did."

Jin hummed in confusion "what do you mean Rebe."

Rebecca pointed at one of the pillars and wrapped around the pillar was a sturdy knotted rope that was trailing down the side of the ravine.

Brick went over and gave the rope a tug and it held quite well, "Looks like it will hold quite a bit." He stated then followed it to where it went into the ravine "and it will take us to that ledge down there which if my eyes don't trick me has some stairs that lead into the citadel." He hummed "there also appears to be some roughly made handholds in the nearby wall that suggest someone climbed up and down from that ledge to the road."

Jin whistled "that sounds like an entry point to me. So who's going first?"

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yopine Quietclock (Deep Gnome Ranger 3) Sheet spacer.png


AC: 15 | HP: 28/28 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Insight: 15 | | Features


"Me." Yopine replied. She was in the act of stowing the hand crossbow that had just been loaded. At least she could fire it while still holding on to the rope if needed. Reloading would be tricky, but she only had the one bolt she'd been practicing with anyway. It'd be fine.

"I don't get a lot of practice at climbing ropes, but I do know how to drop in unexpectedly. I'll let you know if anything kills me before I get all the way down there."

The gnome didn't wait for agreement on that and moved to the rope. She took a moment to ensure the crossbow was settled and not likely to trigger accidentally in its holster, and to get a fair grip before going over the edge.

OOCShould I make any skill rolls for this?


 

 

Mechanics

Main Hand: empty
Off Hand: empty


Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

     
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zorian Arakan (Half-elf Paladin 3) sheetspacer.png


AC: 20 | HP: 31/31 | Initiative: +0 | Passive Perception: 12 | Features


Zorian prepares to go down first, but as he stows his shield, Yopine is already halfway down. She's quick.

"I'll go next. Then send the spellcasters, then you bring up the rear Brick, in case anything comes after us from up above here."


Mechanics

Main Hand: empty
Off Hand: empty


Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Notes

Lady Kerowyn Hucrele, Matriach of the Hucrele Merchant family

My son, Talgen Hucrele and daughter Sharwyn Hucrele

Brick, faith so maybe cleric

Jin, bard

Rebe

Violet

 

     

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...