Chapter 1: A Grey Beginning (Group 2)

Anthr4xus

image.png.3e736a48b8ce854d4a5f32a89944b99b.png Tysh Mountainheart

Hill Dwarf Acolyte Twilight Cleric

AC: 18 (Heavy Armor & Shield) | HP: 12/12 (1d8+3+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 13, Insight 15, Investigation 11
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 11 (+0) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 12 (+1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish, and Celestial

Encumbrance: 70.5 lbs (60lbs/120lbs/180lbs)

At Oma's request, Tysh's eyes flit over to the basin. The handle of the spoon pokes out from the murky water. Somewhere beneath that filmy, opaque surface lay the bowl. Tysh walks to the basin, gently bites her bottom lip, and reaches into the water to remove the bowl and spoon. She holds them over the basin, allowing the excess filthy water time to drip from them. She gives them a brisk shake, then clears her throat.

"Grandmother, my name is Tysh. It seems that your bowl and spoon are quite dirty. I'll take them outside to clean them for your guests. I also have an extra mess kit that I can bring back here so everyone can eat, should they wish." Tysh moves towards the door. "I'd also be happy to empty your tub and refill it with fresh, clean water before we leave."

Tysh looks up at Kain and flashes him a warm, friendly smile.

"Pardon me," she says quietly before moving past him and towards her discarded items at the edge of the field.

OOC

Movement: Walks out of the hut with the bowl/spoon to wash them and retrieve her mess kit.

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Reaction: 

HarinHarin Avosi

Half-elf Sage, College of Lore Bard

AC: 14 (Leather) | HP: 10/10 (1d8+2) | Speed: 30 ft. (unencumbered)
Senses: passive Perception 14, Insight 14, Investigation 11
Str: 7 (-2) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 18 (+4)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, Dwarvish, Gnomish, and Halfling

Still furrowing his brow against the lingering fogginess in his mind, Harin remembers seeing the unnamed wizard use a spell to keep the rain at bay in the clearing where they first woke this dreary day.

"Good saer," he addresses the wizard, "would you mind terribly helping my clothes dry a little faster?" And after the favor is granted, he offers his thanks.

"I'm in the way, aren't I. My belly is full, thanks very much good Oma," he takes her surprisingly large bony hand in both of his, "If you'll excuse me, I'll wait outside and allow one of my companions to take my space and have a rest from the rain." He takes his clothes and all his items and makes his way out of the hut to give someone else his space and to have more room and privacy for changing back into his clothes.

OOC

Movement: —

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Reaction: —

Edited by zaffo (see edit history)

image.jpeg.21bad33c8c65125f92548f2f50a82a1d.jpeg

Scarborough "Scarby" Foster

Human Sailor, Fighter

AC: 15 (Studded Leather)| HP: 12/12 (1d10+2) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Passive Perception 13, Insight 13, Investigation 8

Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common

Having seen nothing of use from the outside, Scarby steps to Kain's side and accepts the bread with a nod to the knight. Holding the bread in his hand, Scarby considers his warning and now that he is inside, Scarby attempts again to quickly scan for anything useful within reach should the situation turn violent.

Edited by Otog (see edit history)
Name
Perception to search for an improvised weapon
1d20+3 15

NoHaakon Valdemar IV

Human Abjuration Wizard

AC: 11 (Unarmored) | HP: 8/8 | Speed: 20 ft. (Encumbered)
Senses: passive Perception 12, Insight 14, Investigation 14
Str: 14 (+2) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 9 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Celestial, Gnomish, and Halfling

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions . . .

As with tradition, Haakon takes the meal from Kain with both hands, and with a trained sequence of movements, places it straight to his pack. “I'm afraid I can't. But I am dutybound to receive it. Thank you, knight with an entourage.” He raises his voice a little. “And thank you, revered bone-worker!”

After being approached by Harin, he complies, but not without comment. “For sure, although I must say, this ceaseless shower seems more oil than water. You got any prior experience about this?”

Haakon acknowledges Ardir and Tysh's exit with an expectant greeting, but it seems Tysh intends to return inside.

OOC

Action:

Spellbook

Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 11 (+0) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 12 (+1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish, and Celestial

As she walks towards the pile of her discarded items, Tysh's eyes scan the treeline. She is slightly nervous about being separated from her companions, but she made Oma a promise - and Tysh did not reneg on her promises. She unhooks the waterskin from her backpack and cleans the bowl and spoon with practiced quietness. In this place, one can never be too cautious. She listens to the sound of the rain, the forest, and the muffled conversations within and around the hut. It takes her some time, but she cleans Oma's dishes thoroughly.

Tysh hooks the waterskin onto her backpack and retrieves her mess kit. Then, almost as an afterthought, she reaches into her pack and pulls out a small vial. A smile touches her lips. Holy water of a sort: a mixture of water and cornstarch blessed by Tysh herself during the last full moon. Milk is a holy substance to the followers of Selûne, and she knew other clerics back home who used it regularly in blessings. But Tysh didn't fancy carrying around milk for days or weeks before using it. After all, who would want to be blessed with rancid milk? Nobody. Instead, she used her homemade water-and-cornstarch blend to honor the importance of milk to Selûne, while also ensuring the freshness and safety of her holy water.

'This is just what's needed,' she thinks, plunking the sealed vial into the bowl alongside the spoon.

As she walks back to the hut, she continues listening for any sounds that may indicate potential trouble while looking around for a barrel or well that may have water in it.

OOC

Movement: 

Action: Perception check: As she cleans and returns to the hut, Tysh is listening carefully for anything that may indicate near or present danger. She's also looking for water to wash out Oma's tub and replace the dirty water within it.

Bonus Action: 

Reaction: 

Name
Perception check
1d20+3 16

"Friend Harin, if you are feeling up to it, perhaps a song would help lighten the weight of the weather. Terrible, terrible weather." Oma suggests as he leaves the hut and Scarby steps inside past Kain. With a mostly toothless smile to everyone in the hut she says, "Or I could sing if he doesn't feel up to it." Glancing down at Raven seated before the cauldron, she added, "Do you sing, dearie? I think you could make songs to stir the dead, eh?" She chuckled, looking back at the door, obviously trying to peer past Kain. Ardir continues to linger inside as well. Oma remains standing near the oven and fireplace, and thus is closest to Raven.

As Scarby looks around the room for things that could be used as weapons, he notices a twig-and-heather broom that had a fairly stout looking handle was tucked in one corner and that several of the larger bundles of dried herbs and sticks hanging from the ceiling could be used in a pinch to bludgeon or stab someone. He also noticed two knives tucked away in Oma's wrappings. One looked like a thin bladed boning knife, while the other was more like some kind of stout cleaver.

Other than various puddles formed from the ceaseless rain, Tysh cannot find any convenient sources of water. She also notes that the forest around the small hut was quiet, but for the sound of rain among the leaves and branches and the sounds of everyone in the clearing. There is no movement of vermin or woodlife that she can see, although the weather would certainly drive nearly anyone or anything to find shelter.

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)

•  

Pin on Pictures Raven

Human Shadow Sorcerer, Haunted Spirit Medium

AC: 12/15 (Mage Armor) | HP: 8/8 (1d6+2) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 13, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 10 (-0) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 17 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, Abyssal, Undercommon

|

Raven looked up at Oma and smiles a huge smile and then chuckled a little.

"I'm sorry Oma. I don't sing. I'm so bad at it I probably could stir up the dead!"

Raven started to laugh then rubbed her stomach a little as she glanced around.

"Oma, I'm getting really hungry now. Could I please have some stew and bread now?"

Raven felt safe and relaxed in hut. Oma was such a kind person. Raven also felt she could just stay in the hut forever!

OOC

Action:  — Cast Mage Armor on herself

default action and/or reaction: Move out of direct combat and use ranged attacks. Fireball and Mind Sliver.

OOC: 

Edited by voodoozombie (see edit history)

Ardir Hálilúëa

Humble Farrier, Shadar-Kai Barbarian

AC: 15 (AC Bonus) | HP: 15/15 (1d12+3) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 13, Insight 13, Investigation 10

Scarby's words echo in Ardir's mind. Bewitched... probable enough. He had been so sad. So angry. So powerless against the world's misery. What was left, but to trudge forward against oblivion, hammering back an inevitable end, and bring the memories of this fall back to the Raven Queen?

Perhaps it isn't so bad to be bewitched. Calm, welcomed, ready to trust, amiable. This is... yes, the sort of mood when he worked with horses, undistracted by their riders, and felt the warm strength of those great and gentle beasts. He'd wonder of their stories, what they'd think of while trotting about guided by riders firm and fair, cruel and kind? Well, here was a friend he could ask!

"Say, Oma- how did you come to live out here? You from Silbervas, or further off?"

HarinHarin Avosi

Half-elf Sage, College of Lore Bard

AC: 14 (Leather) | HP: 10/10 (1d8+2) | Speed: 30 ft. (unencumbered)
Senses: passive Perception 14, Insight 14, Investigation 11
Str: 7 (-2) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 18 (+4)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, Dwarvish, Gnomish, and Halfling

"A song?" he calls back through the door as he puts on his somewhat less damp clothes. "How could I refuse. But my belly is too full for singing. I will play a tune instead, if you don't mind."

Harin sits on a small stump used for chopping kindling off to the side of the doorway and takes out his flute. He leaves Tysh's cloak in his lap, mostly protected from the rain, intending to return it to her as she passes by to reenter. He starts to play what he had intended to be an uplifting song, but some reason the music that pours out has not entirely subtle hints of fear and sadness. 'But why?'

OOC

Action: —

Edited by zaffo (see edit history)
Name
performance check
1d20+6 3

Once Tysh brings the bowl and spoon back, Oma sets the milky flask to one side and scoops out a bowlful of stew and hands the full wooden bowl to Raven. She pulls a final loaf of bread from the over, tearing a chunk off and holding it out to Raven as she puts the rest of it on the table. Glancing to Ardir Oma blinks at him once or twice and says, "No, not from Silbervas, although some know me there. Where I am from does not exist any longer, consumed by the Mist and time. Are you headed for Silbervas yourselves? Not many come this way anymore, much less a group as large as yours. Friend Harin was asleep before he could say why he was here. Perhaps you are merchants? I wouldn't say you are Vistani, for sure."

To Tysh seh adds, "What is this, little one?"

Edited by Anthr4xus
Missed reacting to Tysh's vial. (see edit history)

Ardir Hálilúëa

Humble Farrier, Shadar-Kai Barbarian

AC: 15 (AC Bonus) | HP: 15/15 (1d12+3) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 13, Insight 13, Investigation 10

Ardir laughs with easy mirth crinkling his eyes. "Merchants! Ha- you do need more visitors. Only Lekar yet stands before the undead, there are no other towns of the living to trade with. The Mist left us here just a few hours ago- by Her mercy, depositing us together. I reached my majority in Silbervas, so I mean to see what remains of the city and seek what survivors may yet linger. Nor are we Vistani, nor Talons or whatever else. We're simply people trying to stay alive in a world gone mad, and thankful to meet unexpected friends."

•  

Pin on Pictures Raven

Human Shadow Sorcerer, Haunted Spirit Medium

AC: 12/15 (Mage Armor) | HP: 8/8 (1d6+2) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 13, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 10 (-0) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 17 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, Abyssal, Undercommon

|

Raven takes the bread from Oma and starts eating the stew like she hasn't eaten in a week. It was sooooo.....goooood!

She listens to the conversations between Oma and Ardir, she looks up at the kindly old woman as both of her eyebrows go up. In-between bites of food, Raven asks Oma

"You've been to Silbervas? How long ago was that and what is it like? I've never been there before, but I'm sure it's not as safe and comfortable as it is here."

Raven continues to eat, happy as can be.

OOC

Action:  — Cast Mage Armor on herself

default action and/or reaction: Move out of direct combat and use ranged attacks. Fireball and Mind Sliver.

OOC: 

"No, no, child, I've not been there, but back when travel between Silbervas and Fort Watten was more common, guests were more frequent. It's been awhile, but I'm sure there are still some in Silbervas who remember running into me. Unfortunately, from what the birds tell me, the inhabitants of Fort Watten are far less likely to remember much, although many birds are liars, so who is to say? But travel on the roadway has thinned much lately." Oma answered Raven with a nearly-toothless smile and a gentle pat on the head. Turning to Ardir she continued, her smile falling away, "Indeed the world is madness and sorrow. I am glad that Friend Harin's wanderings brought us all together. I only regret that I am not prepared to host so many at once."

Tysh looks in the doorway, standing beside Kain. She passes her mess kit to Oma, then looks at her with some concern.

"Would you like to come with us? This is quite a dangerous place for someone to be alone. I would hate for anything to happen to you."

She uncorks the milky bottle and tips it up to wet her finger. With a practiced finger, she begins at the door and walks clockwise, blessing the dwelling with the holy water, repeating the whole while:

"Moonlit goddess, Selûne divine,
I call upon your sacred presence, shine.
Bless this home with your gentle light,
Remove all darkness, bring only what's right.

Protect us from harm, both day and night,
Fill this space with calm and pure delight.
May love and happiness forever reside,
Within thesse walls, let harmony abide.

In every room, let your blessings flow,
Cleansing, purifying, making it glow.
Infuse this home with your celestial grace,
A sanctuary of peace, a sacred space.

Selûne, hear my heartfelt plea,
Bless this home, so mote it be.
With deepest gratitude, I express,
For your blessings upon our humble address."

Tysh finishes the bottle with a final sprinkle of holy water on Oma, blessing her body and soul.

OOC

Movement: 

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Reaction: