Kamishiro_Rin

Date

On This Misham, the 25rd Day of Brookgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Thursday, March 25, 351 AC)

The 5th Day of the Campaign - Noon

Within Castle Kalaman

(Everyone)

Grand doors are opened by guards in Kalaman Colors.

Inside, you are greeted by a vast room set up with many tables arranged in semicircular arrangement pointed towards a high table. There, Marquess Miat, Marshal Vendri, and Ser Corpher. At the other tables sit delegations of the major guilds—you can see a banner in the middle of each table hanging from a stand displaying that guild’s crest. The city’s biggest and most powerful guilds have the five most prominent tables at the front of the semicircle: the Cartographers’ Guild, Dockhands’ Guild, Fishers’ Guild, Masons’ Guild, and Shipwrights’ Guild. At each table sits at least four people, mostly human and hill dwarven nobles, all of whom are bickering like children when you arrive.

At other, less prominent tables, Mery recognizes a delegation from the bard college. Decimus and Hunni recognize Wyhan looking supremely bored and dour, sitting alone at her table.

At a table on the very end on the left hand side, you see a very put-out Lord Bakaris uth Estide and a sour-looking Baronetess Raven uth Vogler. Lord Bakaris looks like petulant child who just got scolded and Raven is giving him the stink-eye.

There is a table in the second row, but in the center with no one sitting there. A banner hanging from its center displays a green shield flanked by a white moon and a black moon. The green shield is drawn superimposed upon a giant shell, a fist, and a flaming hammer. A blue book is drawn so that entire set seems to be rising from its pages, like legend lore.

The room quiets down and the Marquess greets you all from his table.

“Welcome, Heroes of High Hill, Saviors of Vogler!”

A little cough from the side is greeted with a hostile glare from Marshal Vendri.

“Please, have a seat,” the Marquess invites you to sit. He turns to Vendri. “Marshal, if you please?”

“Thank you, your Highness,” the Marshal says, standing up. “After a lot of discussion, we’ve all come to an unsteady consensus.” Her glare silences the rising grumbles throughout the room. “But first, we’d like to hear what you’ve got to say, too.”

“Yes,” the Marquess says. “Small villages and farms to the south and east of Kalaman have been burned in recent weeks. Vogler is the largest community to be attacked and the only one with many survivors. Experienced patrols of armored Kalaman soldiers have been found cut down, in some cases with mysterious clawlike gashes in their armor. Lord Bakaris and the characters have provided the clearest information on the enemy that Kalaman has received to date.”

“Lord Bakaris, here,” Marshal Vendri continues, almost spitting his title and even looking a little sick to say it, “Has provided us with some information, but the tales he spins are inconsistent at best, and honestly sound like the ravings of a loon. We we’re hoping you could elucidate the situation.”

Ser Corpher, the little gnomish chief justice of the Order of the Rose pipes up. “Yes! Yes! The ravings of a rabid loon!” About half the people there begin laughing as Bakaris looks angry, but the other half look put out that their friend is being made fun of. “Why, he spoke of ghastly, gassy lizard people and a mighty dragon burning the town.”

“Oh, yes, the ‘dragon’,” Marshal Vendri, says. “Thanks to the Heroes of High Hill, here, we happen to have that ‘dragon’ in our possession—it’s one of the things we’ll be discussing. My experience is considerable, but it involves battling raiders from Estwilde and ogres from the Taman Busuk. Everyone here has heard rumors of war in the eastern nation of Khur, but until now, they hadn’t considered that far-off nation’s struggles relevant. I’m eager to hear anything you know about the enemy. And before you ask, we’ll be calling on that friend of yours in due time,” she finishes with a nod at Ser Artanis.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

spacer.pngModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 17 (+1Dex + 4Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 52/61 (4d12+16+8+1) | Speed: 25'
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Rages: 2/3 | Magic Awareness: 2/2

Modri sizes up the room, and the people inside, as he enters. It's not so much a threatening stance, and more of a 'are these people even wroth my time'. He sees enough to make him believe they probably are. Surprisingly, he actually steps up to speak first.

"I'm a simple man of simple words. I can attest to two things you've brought up. For one, Lord Bakaris is indeed a loon among a long list of other things. Second, among the ranks of this so-called Red Dragon Army are indeed creatures like look like a mix between men and scaly lizards. Not sure what magic conjured up such things, but there's different types of them, and they do burst into different kinds of small, nasty explosions when killed. They've plenty of other creatures, humans and ogres and the like, but those lizards are clearly bred to be disposable foot soldiers."

He steps back with a nod to the others, his piece said.

OOC

Action: -

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 4 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 30/30 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 18 (+6)
Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +6 or DC 141st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions

Mery allows her eyes to scan the room as her group enters the castle, waving at the representative from the bards' college, and then nodding to Raven. She straightens her armor, grateful that she thought to give a quick cast of Prestidigitation to remove any road dust from her person on their way through the city - she doesn't want to be caught doing magic in front of those assembled.

When Marshal Vendri asks for information about the enemy, she cocks her head, a little confused by the request. 'Wasn't this covered in the initial meeting?'

She decides to start with a quick address to the Governor. "I am told that Your Grace and Ser Marbleheart have asked to see the proof of Lady Michelle Folketh's lineage, and I have brought that with me today, but I will wait until the discussion about the Red Dragon Army has concluded to show that to you, if that would be acceptable."

She now addresses those gathered at large. "My name is Mery Keryndon and I am a bard of Palanthas and a historian/scholar. Collecting and disseminating facts related to historically significant events is what I do, but since I was not here when my companions initially brought word of the army, I'm a little unclear on what everyone may know or not know. I will make as thorough a report as I can and simply apologize for any repetition of information you may already be familiar with."

She clears her throat, then begins speaking. "The Army that attacked Vogler has around 1000 soldiers, and if we had not used all the boats in the village to get the villagers here, they'd have traveled here in them and would likely already be here. You can be sure they are still on their way here, as the only tactical significance Vogler has that we could tell was as a place to use the Vingaard River to either send supplies deeper into the Hinterlund or else to move soldiers quickly to Kalaman, and we saw no evidence of supplies. They used the dragon machine to burn Vogler to the ground."

"They wear armor that bears the star of Takhisis, and we believe there may be armies elsewhere that correspond to each color of chromatic dragon - red, blue, green, black and white. The army on the way here - part of the Red Dragon Army and not one of the other colors - bears weapons that are blessed by Takhisis with the power of red dragons - they can do extra fire damage - and wear red and black armor that protects against fire damage. As Lord Michael and Lady Michelle's stories illustrate, they draft humanoids who can fight and force them to serve, although I am sure there are probably those who join voluntarily. And crazy as it may sound, the lizard creatures Lord Bakaris speaks of are real - they are most likely the ones who made the clawlike gashes you found on the armor of your soldiers." Her fists clench briefly at having to confirm anything the credit-stealing Lord Bakaris says, but truth is truth and she's not one to deny it simply because she dislikes the source.

"Lady Michelle tells me the lizard creatures are called Draconians, and there are 5 or 6 different...subtypes, if you will. They have thus far all spoken Draconic, a language I understand, and generally do not get along with other subtypes very well. We have only personally seen two of the subtypes, and apparently those are the most numerous but also the least dangerous. Some are warriors while others are mages, although we have not seen enough of them as yet to be sure if those abilities are per subtype. Upon death, each subtype does something different. Of the two subtypes we have seen, one releases a poison gas that paralyzes for a brief time and the other explodes, releasing a spray of bone fragments. I can show you one of the bone fragments if you'd like. Presumably the other subtypes all do something unpleasant upon death as well. Oh, and at least some of them can glide through the air if they can get up to high ground. If you would find it useful, I can make you a sketch of each of the two subtypes we've encountered provided you wouldn't mind setting me up with some charcoal and parchment."

"To sum up, the best advice I can give you for dealing with the Draconians is as follows: keep your distance if you can when you kill them, keep them away from high ground so they can't attack from the air, avoid using weapons and spells that do fire damage, and look for ways to pit the different subtypes against each other. One option for that latter might be to enlist some adventurers or educated types who speak Draconic and use them to spread misinformation of the sort that breeds distrust among the different subtypes."

She pauses for a few moments, then turns to face Marshal Vendri, a somber expression in her eyes. "The Red Dragon Army seems to have quite a lot of gold and resources, and are always on the lookout for people whose loyalty they can buy. If you deal with any mercenaries related to the defense of the city, it's likely some of them will sell out. Keeping that sort outside the city if you can for the time being might also be a good idea."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

14 arrows in quiver, 0 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• Cantrips (3/3 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery, message
  • 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant
  • 2nd (3/3 slots): invisibility, heat metal, enhance ability

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration, recovered after a long rest
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

Anyone who saw the vision might want to mention that the metal dragon was a prototype the RDA was testing. Mery didn't see that, and I don't believe that got mentioned after the vision.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 4 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 19 (Splint armor +2 Shield) | HP: 42/42 (4d8+12+4) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
Str: 14 (+2) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 18 (+4) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan accompanies his companions in fate into the chamber of notables, clad in his cloth-of-gold vestments looking his best as a representative for a divinity. Before sitting in his chair, he calls out, "Reorx, be praised," which causes the head of his bluish metal warhammer to ignite in bluish, heatless flames. He dramatically sets the warhammer head down on the table in front of his chair and announces, "an Apprentice of Reorx witnesses these proceedings."

The smith surveys the room paying closer attention to the table of masons and shipwrights and any other dwarves before finally sitting down. More comfortable in a smithy or tavern than in this room full of nobles, the dwarf keeps his own counsel. Instead, he just watches the people in the room.

OOC

Background Feature: Rustic Hospitality = Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease.

Artisan's Blessing: Coltan can create anything under 100 gp by transforming equivalent value with an hour long ritual. So, if the Vogler need tools, he can transform donations.

Action: Cast Light

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 2 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 2 bludgeoning damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +6 or DC 14 | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 3/3

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.
  4. Mending (V,S,M). This spell repairs a single break or tear in an object you touch, such as broken chain link, two halves of a broken key, a torn cloak, or a leaking wineskin. As long as the break or tear is no larger than 1 foot in any dimension, you mend it, leaving no trace of the former damage. This spell can physically repair a magic item or construct, but the spell can't restore magic to such an object.

1st level spells prepared

• Forge Domain: Identify (V,S,M) Ritual. You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item was created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it.
  • Forge Domain: Searing Smite (V). The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the spell's duration, your weapon flares with white-hot intensity, and the attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target and causes the target to ignite in flames. At the start of each of its turns until the spell ends, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d6 fire damage. On a successful save, the spell ends. If the target or a creature within 5 feet of it uses an action to put out the flames, or if some other effect douses the flames (such as the target being submerged in water), the spell ends.
  1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Concentration, Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

2nd-Level Spells Prepared

• Forge Domain: Heat Metal (V,S,M) Concentration. Choose a manufactured metal object, such as a metal weapon or a suit of heavy or medium metal armor, that you can see within range. You cause the object to glow red-hot. Any creature in physical contact with the object takes 2d8 fire damage when you cast the spell. Until the spell ends, you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage again. If a creature is holding or wearing the object and takes the damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or drop the object if it can. If it doesn't drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.
  • Forge Domain: Magic Weapon (V,S) Concentration. You touch a nonmagical weapon. Until the spell ends, that weapon becomes a magic weapon with a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls.
  • 6. Spiritual Weapon (V,S) Bonus. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes force damage equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.
  • 7. Lesser Restoration (V,S). You touch a creature and can end either one disease or one condition afflicting it. The condition can be blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned.
  • 8. Silence (V,S) Concentration, Ritual. For the duration, no sound can be created within or pass through a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on a point you choose within range. Any creature or object entirely inside the sphere is immune to thunder damage, and creatures are deafened while entirely inside it. Casting a spell that includes a verbal component is impossible there.

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Artisan's Blessing. You conduct an hour-long ritual that crafts a nonmagical item that must include some metal: a simple or martial weapon, a suit of armor, ten pieces of ammunition, a set of tools, or another metal object (see chapter 5, "Equipment," in the Player's Handbook for examples of these items). The creation is completed at the end of the hour, coalescing in an unoccupied space of your choice on a surface within 5 feet of you.  The thing you create can be something that is worth no more than 100 gp. As part of this ritual, you must lay out metal, which can include coins, with a value equal to the creation. The metal irretrievably coalesces and transforms into the creation at the ritual's end, magically forming even nonmetal parts of the creation. The ritual can create a duplicate of a nonmagical item that contains metal, such as a key, if you possess the original during the ritual.

War Caster

• You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
  • You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
  • When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Ravenwing, of clan Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 33/33(hd 4d8) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 19 (+4)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Hunni walks over and sits at the table with the pretty banner. She spends much of her time looking at the banner, apparently bored with the proceedings. After pulling out her fish bone toy, she walks it back and forth on the table in front of her. Although she doesn't seem to be paying attention, at one point she interrupts Mery to say, "Petrification, not paralysis." She then goes back to playing with her toy, even going so far as to make illusory representatives of the draconians for it to fight, in miniature, making them explode or spray gasses as the fish bone toy slays them, gliding some reinforcements in through the air to continue the fight.

OOC

Action: Minor Illusion

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 6 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10 + cha) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 14, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Improved Pact Weapon varies, usually whip (+1 to hit, damage, spell focus)

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 4) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

Staff of the Python (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d6 +4) bludgeoning damage.
Versatile: (1d8 +4) bludgeoning damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Normally Staff of the Python, but also always Pact Weapon.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2, cast at 2nd level, refreshed at short rest

Free Spells from Feats: 1/long rest - Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Suggestion

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 2nd level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 14.  Spell Attack Modifier +6.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex (feat), Dissonant Whispers (feat), Unseen Servant, Blur, Misty Step, Suggestion (feat)
  • Invocations:  Improved Pact Weapon, Agonizing Blast

Life Channel. You can channel your life force into the power of your magic. When a creature you can see within 60 feet of you fails a saving throw against a spell that deals damage that you cast, you can expend a number of Hit Dice equal to the level of the spell. Roll the expended Hit Dice and add them together. The damage that the creature takes increases by an amount equal to that total.

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin
Level 4 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 48/48 (4d10+8+8) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 18 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 16, Investigation 10
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 18 (+4) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | ‘My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

On entering the meeting hall, Merituuli takes a moment to study each of the faces of those present, watching for any telling emotions to their presence in the chamber. If there were traitors amongst the Ironclad Regiment, there could surely be informants and sympathizers to the Red Dragon Army here, as well. One can never be too careful in times like these, unfortunately.  He finds particular enjoyment in watching Lord Bakaris squirm, and gives the pompous noble a wry grin as he takes his seat at the table.

As usual, Mery gives a rather complete account of the specifics of the Red Dragon Army, including the strange draconic humanoids they had fought on the way to and within Vogler. When the discussion turns to the dragon machine, Merituuli stands for a moment and adds, "If I may add, I noticed that the draconians seemed to have some difficulty working the machine, which makes me think that they had little involvement in its creation. Our White Robe mage Decimus managed to get a better look at it than I, he would surely know more as to its workings and possible origin." He sits back down, content in watching the faces of those gathered along with Coltan and sneaking a glance at Hunni's illusory recreations of the draconic humanoids. Kalasääski, meanwhile, is much more entranced by Hunni's playtime and watches her mock battle intently, ruffling their feathers every so often at a particularly exciting moment.

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+4 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +6 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Bonus Actions:

Primal Companion: Take Action. As a bonus action on your turn you command your Primal Companion to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. You can also sacrifice one of your attacks when you take the Attack action to command the beast to take the Attack action. If you are incapacitated, the beast can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 3/3 1st Level Spells
Name
Insight on those gathered
1d20+6 19

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13 [+4 Bladesong] [+5 Shield/Absorb Elements]  | HP: 18/21 | Speed: 40 ft | Spell-casting: +6 / DC 14
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 16
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Stealth: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +4
Arcana: +6
History: +6
Investigation: +6
Nature: +4
Religion: +6
:
 18 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
:
Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar CasterPrerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
You have practiced casting Spells in the midst of Combat, learning Techniques that grant you the following benefits:
You have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws that you make to maintain your Concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic Components of Spells even when you have Weapons or a Shield in one or both hands.
When a Hostile creature’s Movement provokes an opportunity Attack from you, you can use your Reaction to Cast a Spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity Attack. The spell must have a Casting Time of 1 Action and must target only that creature.

Initiate of High SorceryPrerequisite: Dragonlance Campaign, plus Sorcerer, Wizard, or Mage of High Sorcery
You’ve received training from magic-users affiliated with the Mages of High Sorcery.

Choose one of the three moons of Krynn to influence your magic: the black moon, Nuitari; the red moon, Lunitari; or the white moon, Solinari. You learn one cantrip of your choice from the wizard spell list and two 1st-level spells based on the moon you choose, as specified in the Lunar Spells table.

Lunar Spells
Moon 1st-Level Spell
Solinari Comprehend Languages | Shield

You can cast each of the chosen 1st-level spells without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast them in this way again. You can also cast the spells using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for this feat’s spells is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat).

Source: DSotDQ, page 32

Adept of White RobesPrerequisite: 4th level, initiate of high sorcery (solinari) feat
You chose the moon Solinari to influence your magic, and your oath to use magic to make the world a better place has been recognized by the Order of the White Robes, granting you these benefits:

Protective Magic. You learn one 2nd-level spell of your choice. The 2nd-level spell must be from the abjuration or divination school of magic. You can cast this feat’s 2nd-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast this spell using spell slots you have of the appropriate level. The spell’s spellcasting ability is the one chosen when you gained the Initiate of High Sorcery feat. [Aid]

Protective Ward. When you or a creature you can see within 30 feet of you takes damage, you can use your reaction to expend a spell slot and weave protective magic around the target. Roll a number of d6s equal to the level of the spell slot expended and reduce the damage the target takes by the total rolled on those dice + your spellcasting ability modifier.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane RecoverYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
BladesongYou can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits: You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). Your walking speed increases by 10 feet. You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks. You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.
Protective WardWhen you or a creature you can see within 30 feet of you takes damage, you can use your reaction to expend a spell slot and weave protective magic around the target. Roll a number of d6s equal to the level of the spell slot expended and reduce the damage the target takes by the total rolled on those dice + your spellcasting ability modifier.

| ActionsRapierATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword)

Bladesinging Rapier StrikeATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword) 

| SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip
Casting Time:1 action
Range: Self
Target: Self
Components: V S
Duration: 1 round
Description:You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Booming BladeBooming Blade
Evocation cantrip
Range: Self (5ft radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Duration: 1 round
Description:You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).

Green Flame Blade1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (5-foot radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects, and you can cause green fire to leap from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target on a hit, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 2d8) and 17th level (3d8 and 3d8).

PrestidigitationPrestidigitation
Transmutation cantrip
Range: 10 feet
Duration: 1 Hour
Description: This spell is a minor magical trick that novice spellcasters use for practice. You create one of the following magical effects within range:

• You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as a shower of sparks, a puff of wind, faint musical notes, or an odd odor.
• You instantaneously light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.
• You instantaneously clean or soil an object no larger than 1 cubic foot.
• You chill, warm, or flavor up to 1 cubic foot of nonliving material for 1 hour.
• You make a color, a small mark, or a symbol appear on an object or a surface for 1 hour.
• You create a nonmagical trinket or an illusory image that can fit in your hand and that lasts until the end of your next turn.

If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to three of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.

1st-Level <2/4>
Expeditious Retreat1st Level Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Classes: Artificer, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Magic Missile1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120ft
Target: A creature of your choice that you can see within range
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Tensors Floating Disk1st Level Conjuration
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 30 Feet
Target: An unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range
Components: V S M (A drop of mercury)
Classes: Wizard
Description: This spell creates a circular, horizontal plane of force, 3 feet in diameter and 1 inch thick, that floats 3 feet above the ground in an unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range. The disk remains for the duration, and can hold up to 500 pounds. If more weight is placed on it, the spell ends, and everything on the disk falls to the ground. The disk is immobile while you are within 20 feet of it. If you move more than 20 feet away from it, the disk follows you so that it remains within 20 feet of you. It can move across uneven terrain, up or down stairs, slopes and the like, but it can’t cross an elevation change of 10 feet or more. For example, the disk can’t move across a 10-foot-deep pit, nor could it leave such a pit if it was created at the bottom. If you move more than 100 feet from the disk (typically because it can’t move around an obstacle to follow you), the spell ends.

Tash's Hideous Laughter1st Level Enchantment
Target: A creature of your choice that you can see within range
Components: V S M (Tiny tarts and a feather that is waved in the air)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Classes: Bard, Wizard
Description: A creature of your choice that you can see within range perceives everything as hilariously funny and falls into fits of laughter if this spell affects it. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or fall prone, becoming incapacitated and unable to stand up for the duration. A creature with an Intelligence score of 4 or less isn’t affected. At the end of each of its turns, and each time it takes damage, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. The target has advantage on the saving throw if it’s triggered by damage. On a success, the spell ends.

Identify1st Level Divination [Ritual]
Casting Time: 1 Minute
Range: Touch
Target: One object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell
Components: V S M (A pearl worth at least 100 gp and an owl feather)
Classes: Artificer, Bard, Wizard
Description: You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item was created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it.

Detect Magic1st Level Divination
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Classes: Artificer, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any. The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.

Absorb Elements1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 Reaction, which you take when you take acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage
Components: S
Classes: Artificer, Druid, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: The spell captures some of the incoming energy, lessening its effect on you and storing it for your next melee attack. You have resistance to the triggering damage type until the start of your next turn. Also, the first time you hit with a melee attack on your next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6 damage of the triggering type, and the spell ends. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the extra damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Charm Person1st Level Enchantment
Target: A humanoid you can see within range
Classes: Bard, Druid, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You attempt to charm a humanoid you can see within range. It must make a Wisdom saving throw, and does so with advantage if you or your companions are fighting it. If it fails the saving throw, it is charmed by you until the spell ends or until you or your companions do anything harmful to it. The charmed creature regards you as a friendly acquaintance. When the spell ends, the creature knows it was charmed by you.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st. The creatures must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Comprehend Languages1st Level Divination [Ritual]
Components: V S M (A pinch of soot and salt)
Classes: Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: For the duration, you understand the literal meaning of any spoken language that you hear. You also understand any written language that you see, but you must be touching the surface on which the words are written. It takes about 1 minute to read one page of text. This spell doesn’t decode secret messages in a text or a glyph, such as an arcane sigil, that isn’t part of a written language.
[Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]
Shield1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Duration: 1 Round
Description: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
[Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]
2nd-Level <2/2>
Misty Step2nd Level Conjuration
Casting Time: 1 Bonus Action
Components: V
Description: Briefly surrounded by silvery mist, you teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space that you can see.

Shadow Blade2nd Level Illusion
Casting Time: 1 Bonus Action
Components: V, S
Duration: ConcentrationUp to 1 minute/em>
Description: You weave together threads of shadow to create a sword of solidified gloom in your hand. This magic sword lasts until the spell ends. It counts as a simple melee weapon with which you are proficient. It deals 2d8 psychic damage on a hit and has the finesse, light, and thrown properties (range 20/60). In addition, when you use the sword to attack a target that is in dim light or darkness, you make the attack roll with advantage.
If you drop the weapon or throw it, it dissipates at the end of the turn. Thereafter, while the spell persists, you can use a bonus action to cause the sword to reappear in your hand.
At Higher Levels When you cast this spell using a 3rd- or 4th-level spell slot, the damage increases to 3d8. When you cast it using a 5th- or 6th-level spell slot, the damage increases to 4d8. When you cast it using a spell slot of 7th level or higher, the damage increases to 5d8.

Aid Aid
2nd Level Abjuration
Range: 30 feet
Components: V S, M
Duration: 8 hours
Description:Your spell bolsters your allies with toughness and resolve. Choose up to three creatures within range. Each target’s hit point maximum and current hit points increase by 5 for the duration.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, a target’s hit points increase by an additional 5 for each slot level above 2nd.
[Adept of the White Robes]
Mirror ImageMirror Image
2nd Level Illusion
Duration: 1 Minute
Description: Three illusory duplicates of yourself appear in your space. Until the spell ends, the duplicates move with you and mimic your actions, shifting position so it’s impossible to track which image is real. You can use your action to dismiss the illusory duplicates.

Each time a creature targets you with an attack during the spell’s duration, roll a d20 to determine whether the attack instead targets one of your duplicates.

If you have three duplicates, you must roll a 6 or higher to change the attack’s target to a duplicate. With two duplicates, you must roll an 8 or higher. With one duplicate, you must roll an 11 or higher.

A duplicate’s AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier. If an attack hits a duplicate, the duplicate is destroyed. A duplicate can be destroyed only by an attack that hits it. It ignores all other damage and effects. The spell ends when all three duplicates are destroyed.

A creature is unaffected by this spell if it can’t see, if it relies on senses other than sight, such as blindsight, or if it can perceive illusions as false, as with truesight.

The Wizard missed the days under the trees, wandering the roadside. The politicking, the smells and sounds of the city, it tired him greatly. He was glad that he had found a group whose skills and comforts were well outside his own. He could not imagine having to speak in front of this audience, it would be exhausting. The meeting seems to be limited to the powerful people of Kalaman, with the addition of themselves, and for whatever reason, the snake Bakaris. Mayor Raven was more than enough to represent Vogler, having that cowardly liar in the mix would just complicate things. The Lord had already set upon gaining allies in the room if the mixed reaction to Modris comment, though thankfully, not everyone believes his version of the story. Mery takes care of the exposition, and Coltan provides them with some credentials through his obvious connection with Reorx, but Decimus is distracted by a familiar presence off to the side, looking characteristically out of place. A small smile plays on his lips, and he backs up while the discussion is still ongoing thanks to Merituuli, hoping to slip off to the side to join her table, but falters when his name is brought up by the Sea Elf.

"Uhm, the Decidrak...?"

He looks at the others for a moment, a hint of color in his cheeks as he accidentally reveals his secret name for the device.

"Ahem... Pardon me... I believe they called it a Boilerdrak... It is a sign the army possesses capable engineers and Artficers... Though its usage on their part belies a lack of... Communication between the head and body... I'm sure the capable Guild Craftsman of Kalaman will be more than enough to... Reverse engineer the device"

Though it pains him to imagine the device being torn apart, it comforts him knowing that one day, his sacrifice will give way to a safer and more powerful Decidraks used only for good.

spacer.png

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 18 (+6)

Mery gives Hunni a friendly wink when she adds a correction about one of the dying Draconian types causing petrification and not paralysis, letting her know silently that she appreciates the Gully Dwarf's commitment to accuracy and is not in the least put off or irritated by it. 'With the sheer number of facts I'm having to lay out, I'll be lucky if one is all I get wrong.'

She had wanted to let her companions do some of the talking in this meeting and was hoping that they could at least handle the boilerdrak without any input from her, but she finds herself inwardly astonished by Decimus' complete lack of practical information about the machine as well as the lack of any comment about the machine's origins. 'He cast that spell that lets someone understand any language in order to read the machine's instructions. Can it be that he didn't know what language the instructions were written in and simply trusted the spell to translate what he needed to know? Does he just get nervous in front of a group like this? Or maybe he's not the most practically minded person?'

Deciding that the only thing that really matters is that useful information gets shared, she rises to her feet. "One of the Draconians manning the boilerdrak stated explicitly that the device is Gnomish in origin," she clarifies, "although whether the maker is part of the Red Dragon Army or not I do not know. There were instructions written on the machine in Draconic, which I could read, and in another language which I could not but due to my scholarly pursuits recognized as Gnomish. Assuming those instructions have not been removed, I suspect any Gnome in the city capable of reading the language - including your own Ser Marbleheart - could make sense of it. While I have no particular familiarity with Gnomes, their talents for inventing and tinkering are well-recognized, at least in the Great Library of Palanthas, and that boilerdrak strikes me as the sort of thing that would be right up an inventer/tinkerer Gnome's alley. Perhaps Ser Marbleheart," and she gives the elderly head of the Knights of the Rose a courteous nod, "might have some thoughts as to which of his kinsmen have the requisite skill to build such a thing, once he's had a little time to consider the matter." Then, addressing the elderly Gnome specifically, she asks him, "Tell me, do your kinsmen ever put anything akin to a maker's mark on the devices they create? We did not examine the machine all that closely, but since you do now have it in your possession, it would be simple enough to search for such a thing. It might yield a clue as to the maker, which, if followed up, might give a sense as to how many of these boilerdraks the Red Dragon Army actually possesses."

Wanting to make certain that the practical aspects of the device don't get overlooked, she continues, "When we came across the device, it was being manned by four of the Draconians, although I'd hazard the guess it could be worked by two if both of them knew what they were doing. I don't remember what all of the stations were for, but there was one for driving and I think maybe aiming as well as firing. And probably another one for attending to the fire that is necessary to use the thing. What my Sea Elf companion Merituuli," and while she does gesture to him, she doesn't dare call him 'Kai', not in such a formal gathering as this one, "observes about the enemy having difficulty using the machine is important, I think. Baronetess Raven uth Vogler," and she pauses to gesture to the Mayor of the now destroyed village, "had fired an arrow that jammed the machine, and because I understand Draconic, I understood the command to unjam it as well as their struggles to do so. The unfamiliarity they showed with the machine at that time gave our group enough time to kill enough of those manning it that they were unable to fire it a second time."

She started getting the feeling she sometimes got when she was on the verge of seeing something in a new light - like there was a new thought burrowing its way from her subconscious to her conscious mind. "The whole thing felt like..." and she pauses, waiting for the thought to finally break through, "they were figuring out how it works as opposed to using it in the most efficient way to do the maximum possible damage."

Upon finishing, she subsides into quiet and takes her seat again. She wasn't sure whether these leaders would need more discussion about the boilerdrak or the Red Dragon Army and they still had the needs of the Voglerites to see to. Whatever the case, she wanted to be ready.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant

Class Features:

• Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 19 (Chainmail, Shield +1) | HP: 31/31 () | HD: 4/4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing. Force all attacks targeted at mount to target Artanis instead. Mount has Evasion

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

As they walked into the hall Artanis had to suppress a grin that fought its way onto his face. It was a serious and somber occasion, not a celebration. Despite all that seeing the banner above their table, the Greenshield flanked by the moons of Solinari and Nuitari with emblems of the rest of his companions set around, is enough to send shivers of excitement crackling through his body. As the buzz of bickering dies away and they are announced once again the Heroes of High Hill, he can't contain himself any more, and a wide smile breaks through, his happiness glowing. This is what he dreamed of. Knights and heroes. Sword and sorcery set against villains of old. The Age of Wonder.

He'd taken the time to clean his armour and weapons, and his chainmail whispers beneath his green tabard - he really ought to get a unicorn emblazoned matching the shield he thinks - as he moves to take his seat centred beneath the banner. Not even Lord Barakis' presence can suppress his joy. He offers a small bow to the high table before sitting, Coltan repeating the same ritual he has heard several times now. His mind wanders a little as Mery narrates their comings and going in Vogler, the would-be historian no doubt in her element; he was sure she had seen her with a needle and thread over Ser Michelle's clothing, perhaps she could do the embroidery? Oh and they needed to sort the armour for both horse and himself.

As Mery finishes a tense silence sits over the hall, questions bubbling beneath as everyone tries to take in the implications. Artanis stands before the tide can break, offering only a short speech to drive home the seriousness of the matter. "We were told Takhisis has returned, and on my honour I believe it. The other gods have clearly begun to choose their champions once more," he looks towards Coltan, "which makes this a threat not just to Kalaman, or Solamnia, but the whole of Ansalon. The greatest since the Cataclysm."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8 + 6) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [10]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d12 + 6) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Commanding Rally. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 4/4 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

Date

On This Misham, the 25rd Day of Brookgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Thursday, March 25, 351 AC)

The 5th Day of the Campaign - About 2:00ish★

Within Castle Kalaman

(Everyone)

The hall erupts once more in frantic discussion which only bursts into more curiousness as Coltan proclaims himself an Apprentice of Reorx.

Vendri quiets the room down and thanks you all for your input. She’s about to dismiss you whilst they come to a final decision, but the head of the bard college stands up and says, “Point of Order.”

“The head of the Bard College is recognized,” the Marquess says.

“Yes, thank you, Your Highness,” he says before addressing the room. “It has been reported to me that some of my colleagues have been paid to spread a certain narrative. I was most displeased to discover this. I have dispatched some of my trusted men and women to interview the refugee Voglerites and we have put together a piece we’ll be distributing amongst the more honest of our bards and buskers.”

With that he clears his throat as a woman to his right stands and plays a lute. He begins to sing:

♪♫♫♪

In times of darkness, heroes rise to light,
Their valor shining through the darkest night.
Sir Artanis, Greenshield strong and true,
With Coltan, Apprentice of Reorx, in view.
Mery the Bard, her melodies so sweet,
Merituuli, Sea Elf, swift on his fleet.
Deciums, Wizard, magic in his hand,
Modri, Barbarian with heart so grand.
And Hunni, Gully Dwarf, small but so bold,
Together they would face a tale untold.

♫♪♪♫

In Vogler, a treacherous plot was brewed,
A band of mercenaries, evil pursued.
But heroes stepped forth, ready to defend,
And the town’s fate, they vowed to transcend.
As Red Dragon Army set it all ablaze,
They fought, their courage never ceased to amaze.
With every step, they saved countless lives,
Through flames and chaos, their spirit thrives.

♪♫♫♪

Yet amidst the chaos, a noble stood,
Unworthy of his rank, his heart not good.
First to his boat, he sought to escape,
His gold he flaunted, seeking to reshape
The story, maligning the heroes’ name,
To steal the credit, seeking fortune and fame.
But heroes, undeterred, remained steadfast,
Their noble hearts prevailing till the last.

♫♪♪♫

For true heroism needs no gold or fame,
It lies in actions, not in empty claim.
Though Vogler was burned down, a tragic sight,
The heroes’ deeds would forever shine bright.
Their selflessness, a testament so grand,
A legacy of courage, hand in hand.
In times of darkness, they brought forth the light,
And saved the town, their valor taking flight.

♪♫♫♪

So let us honor these heroes so true,
Sir Artanis, Coltan, Mery, and crew.
Merituuli, Deciums, Modri, and Hunni,
Their bravery unmatched, their hearts still sunny.
For in their actions, we find hope and grace,
A reminder that heroes have their own place.
In the face of danger, they stand tall,
Their valor echoes through eternity’s hall.

♫♪♪♫

Whilst he sings, you can see Bakaris nearly popping a vein in his forehead, grinding his teeth. Though he knows he can say nothing here. A few of his friends in the hall are equally put out, but none to the extent that the noble in question.

“We do hope that this gift from the Bard College to the Heroes of Vogler will begin to repair some of the damage a certain person here’s ill-intentioned bribes hath wrought.”

More murmuring and discussion which Vendri quiets down.

The Marquess stands and says, “It is time we had final discussions and votes. Would the Heroes of Vogler please step outside?”

You’re directed to wait outside the chamber—only those voting may remain. Sadly, that includes Bakaris.

When you get back into the hall, outside the chamber, a neatly armored Knight of Solamnia greets you. “Ser Artanis! Mery! Modri! Hunni! Decimus! Merituuli! Coltan!” he says excitedly. It takes you a moment to realize that the well-quaffed knight is in fact the newly christened Ser Derrett!

“I’ve been assigned a unit!” he explains. “After some orientation and training with them, we’ll be going on our first mission, soon!”

You have some pleasant discussion with him, but eventually the doors open and you’re invited back in.

The Marquess welcomes you back in and begins to speak. Ser Derrett joins you at your table.

“The guild leaders of Kalaman have agreed to send a veritable army of craftsmen and materials over to the Folketh Barony to help build a “New Vogler” for the refugees. In exchange for a donation of all the workers’ time, and the cost of materials, we will require at least one able-bodied man—though we’ll accept any women that wish to join—from each household join the Kalaman Military . . . and we ask that you join as well. In your case, we will not require it—you’ve certainly done enough as it is, but we strongly desire you to join and allow us to form you into a special, secret unit—you’d be answering directly to Marshal Vendri and myself. There are things that only a crack team of proven veterans like yourself can do that we can’t just throw a platoon at.”

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Ravenwing, of clan Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 33/33(hd 4d8) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 19 (+4)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Hunni seems to continue ignoring everything that everyone is saying, playing with her toys and magic, until they are 'invited' to sign up with the army. She looks up for a moment, and her magical images seem to waver.

She has absolutely no interest in joining the military, and almost says so, before biting her lip. She waits for a moment, to see what her companions will do, while surreptitiously glancing in the direction of the table holding Wyhan, the representative present for the Mages of High Sorcery.

OOC

Action: Minor Illusion

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 6 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10 + cha) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 14, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Improved Pact Weapon varies, usually whip (+1 to hit, damage, spell focus)

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 4) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

Staff of the Python (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d6 +4) bludgeoning damage.
Versatile: (1d8 +4) bludgeoning damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Normally Staff of the Python, but also always Pact Weapon.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2, cast at 2nd level, refreshed at short rest

Free Spells from Feats: 1/long rest - Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Suggestion

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 2nd level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 14.  Spell Attack Modifier +6.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex (feat), Dissonant Whispers (feat), Unseen Servant, Blur, Misty Step, Suggestion (feat)
  • Invocations:  Improved Pact Weapon, Agonizing Blast

Life Channel. You can channel your life force into the power of your magic. When a creature you can see within 60 feet of you fails a saving throw against a spell that deals damage that you cast, you can expend a number of Hit Dice equal to the level of the spell. Roll the expended Hit Dice and add them together. The damage that the creature takes increases by an amount equal to that total.

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 4 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 19 (Splint armor +2 Shield) | HP: 42/42 (4d8+12+4) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
Str: 14 (+2) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 18 (+4) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan nods in appreciation of the gift from the College of Bards. Accurate enough to spread the word that Ansolon and Solamnia are at war. He follows his companions from the room to wait as the commoners they are, to let the nobles and politicians decide the fate of everyone.

The Apprentice of Reorx congratulates Ser Darrett when he arrives and makes small talk with the new knight.

After hearing the Marquess, Coltan nods to Mery as their plan of the Vogler army is realized and replies resplendent in his cloth-of-gold vestments, "I will not join the Kalaman Military, because I answer to Reorx alone. However, He has brought me together with these heroes with shared visions, and I will accompany them for as long as He and they want me to."

OOC

Background Feature: Rustic Hospitality = Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease.

Artisan's Blessing: Coltan can create anything under 100 gp by transforming equivalent value with an hour long ritual. So, if the Vogler need tools, he can transform donations.

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 2 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 2 bludgeoning damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +6 or DC 14 | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 3/3

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.
  4. Mending (V,S,M). This spell repairs a single break or tear in an object you touch, such as broken chain link, two halves of a broken key, a torn cloak, or a leaking wineskin. As long as the break or tear is no larger than 1 foot in any dimension, you mend it, leaving no trace of the former damage. This spell can physically repair a magic item or construct, but the spell can't restore magic to such an object.

1st level spells prepared

• Forge Domain: Identify (V,S,M) Ritual. You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item was created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it.
  • Forge Domain: Searing Smite (V). The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the spell's duration, your weapon flares with white-hot intensity, and the attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target and causes the target to ignite in flames. At the start of each of its turns until the spell ends, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d6 fire damage. On a successful save, the spell ends. If the target or a creature within 5 feet of it uses an action to put out the flames, or if some other effect douses the flames (such as the target being submerged in water), the spell ends.
  1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Concentration, Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

2nd-Level Spells Prepared

• Forge Domain: Heat Metal (V,S,M) Concentration. Choose a manufactured metal object, such as a metal weapon or a suit of heavy or medium metal armor, that you can see within range. You cause the object to glow red-hot. Any creature in physical contact with the object takes 2d8 fire damage when you cast the spell. Until the spell ends, you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage again. If a creature is holding or wearing the object and takes the damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or drop the object if it can. If it doesn't drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.
  • Forge Domain: Magic Weapon (V,S) Concentration. You touch a nonmagical weapon. Until the spell ends, that weapon becomes a magic weapon with a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls.
  • 6. Spiritual Weapon (V,S) Bonus. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes force damage equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.
  • 7. Lesser Restoration (V,S). You touch a creature and can end either one disease or one condition afflicting it. The condition can be blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned.
  • 8. Silence (V,S) Concentration, Ritual. For the duration, no sound can be created within or pass through a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on a point you choose within range. Any creature or object entirely inside the sphere is immune to thunder damage, and creatures are deafened while entirely inside it. Casting a spell that includes a verbal component is impossible there.

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Artisan's Blessing. You conduct an hour-long ritual that crafts a nonmagical item that must include some metal: a simple or martial weapon, a suit of armor, ten pieces of ammunition, a set of tools, or another metal object (see chapter 5, "Equipment," in the Player's Handbook for examples of these items). The creation is completed at the end of the hour, coalescing in an unoccupied space of your choice on a surface within 5 feet of you.  The thing you create can be something that is worth no more than 100 gp. As part of this ritual, you must lay out metal, which can include coins, with a value equal to the creation. The metal irretrievably coalesces and transforms into the creation at the ritual's end, magically forming even nonmetal parts of the creation. The ritual can create a duplicate of a nonmagical item that contains metal, such as a key, if you possess the original during the ritual.

War Caster

• You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
  • You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
  • When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.
Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

Mery shoots a startled glance at Coltan when the head of the bard college performs a factually accurate song about their group. 'That was a really quick turnaround!' she thinks in wonder and gives a knowing wink to any from her group who happen to meet her gaze at this moment. She gives the head of the bard college an approving nod, deciding she wants to introduce herself after the meeting if she can.

She then takes a few moments to completely enjoy Lord Bakaris' discomfiture, although she does carefully school her expression to one of bored disinterest when she looks at the man. 'The big city life isn't like the village life you're used to, my Lord. There are consequences to asking a bard to lie in a city with a bard's college, and you earned yourself a big heaping plateful of it. Enjoy!'

She's relieved at not needing to explain any more about either the boilerdrak or the Red Dragon Army, and when her group is dismissed, she steps outside the doors, but before she has a moment to gather her thoughts, Ser Darrett greets them. "Well, Ser Darrett," she says with a warm smile, putting emphasis on the honorific, "you sure do clean up nicely. I wish you the best on your first mission, and I am confident that you will make both Ser Becklin and the rest of us proud." Mention of Ser Becklin reminds her of the thoughts she'd been wanting to share with someone from her group, but she knows this is not the moment. She just hopes that when the time is finally right, she won't forget.

When the group is called back inside and the announcement about building a 'new Vogler' on Folketh lands is made, Mery shoots a grin at Coltan. "Win-win, just like you thought," she observes, murmuring in a soft aside to the Dwarven smith. "Looks like there's going to be plenty of call for that discounted weapons and armor we arranged."

She finds it a little overwhelming to be referred to as part of 'a crack team of proven veterans' though. 'I'm just an abused girl with some talent for scholarship and talking to people who was traveling the world and got caught up in things.' Still, she's happy to offer her talents to the effort, especially considering the potential that exists for writing a first-person history of all of the happenings. "Unlike some of my companions, I'm not cut out to be a career soldier, but I would be happy to offer my services to your cause as part of this proposed team until such time as this Red Dragon Army can be dealt with."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction: S

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

Name
Deception roll - look bored when looking at Lord Bakaris
1d20+8 19

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin
Level 4 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 48/48 (4d10+8+8) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 18 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 16, Investigation 10
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 18 (+4) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | ‘My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

As the head of the bard college presents the revised version of his companions' epic tale, Merituuli can't help but watch Lord Bakaris's reaction. He just barely suppresses a laugh while observing. Serves you right, you dastard. As the song ends, he gives a beaming smile to the head of the bard college and says, "A most generous gift, indeed, and all the better for the honesty behind it."

Outside the meeting chamber, Merituuli places a hand on Ser Derrett's shoulder and brings him in for a hug. Pulling away after a moment, he says, "She'd be proud, Darrett. Hells, I think they'd all be proud, Ispin included. You're going to be great."

Back inside the chamber, Merituuli ponders the offer to join the Kalaman military for a moment before answering. "To be frank, I've always been a bit of a free spirit, ever since I was young. I don't know if the military lifestyle really suits me. But, with that said... it's obvious to me that you've put a lot of trust into us, and I can't help but respect that. I'd be more than happy to join this special unit, to fight not just for Kalaman and Vogler, but for the entirety of Ansalon and beyond."

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+4 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +6 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Bonus Actions:

Primal Companion: Take Action. As a bonus action on your turn you command your Primal Companion to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. You can also sacrifice one of your attacks when you take the Attack action to command the beast to take the Attack action. If you are incapacitated, the beast can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 3/3 1st Level Spells
Edited by PhoenixSlayer (see edit history)

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 19 (Chainmail, Shield +1) | HP: 31/31 () | HD: 4/4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing. Force all attacks targeted at mount to target Artanis instead. Mount has Evasion

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

When the bards sing their new ode, Artanis' smile can't help but break through his serious countenance. He doesn't even spare a glance towards Lord Barakis nor a thought for the mans comeuppance; his joy is derived solely from his childhood picture going together. They stood like a candle in the dark against great evil, saved the townsfolk, and sat beneath banner and ballad praising their name. He fully trusts the city of Kalaman will come to the right decision as they are asked to step outside - it's not like you could come to any other with Takhisis knocking on your door, and is further delighted to see Ser Dare resplendent in his newly crested armour. Which reminds him he still needs a Crown emblazoned on his. Hopefully the blacksmith managed to bring the salvaged armour with and Coltan can still work his magic on fixing it up. "Congratulations!" he exclaims, bringing the knight into a large hug, "Merituuli's absolutely right, you've turned out well. Gods willing, we'll be right there alongside you too!"

Back in the hall Artanis is unsurprised by the agreement to help the people of Vogler, and the entirely reasonable request that they in turn supply militia. It was always going to be a done deal to do the right thing, and he knew plenty of Volgerites eager to have a go at the enemy that destroyed their home. Or he was sure they existed anyway. Whatever happened with the Folketh estate was clearly an aberration. Every barrel had one bad apple. This was how things were intended to work - the nobility provided for the common folk, and in turn the common folk answered the call of the nobility.

Whilst his companions were clearly reluctant in coming forward to answer the call Artanis had no hesitation, sparing a smile towards Ser Darrett as he placed a hand against his tabard and offered a short bow, pledging his service in defence of Kalaman and Solamnia. He was pleased that his new companions would be staying together despite their reservations too. "It'll be an honour to have you all by my side," he whispers to them "even more so that you choose to be there without obligation."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8 + 6) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [10]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d12 + 6) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Commanding Rally. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 4/4 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).