Discussion

Cointhief

Also, posting from my phone now. If you want to make Lazuli’s constitution safe for concentration on the spike growth spell, I don’t mind. They might drop it anyway next turn, since the goth don’t seem overly inconvenienced now.

Posted (edited)

Hmm, roll a die, you say?

For what its worth, it was a good move...and one that would've slain against literally almost any other encounter in this 4-part adventure.

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)
Name
Laz Con
1d20+1 18

Later autopsies would reveal Miken was killed by getting forcibly dragged while grappled across the spike growth. Intruder just didn't want to carry the body.

@DM-Tareth Was thinking seeing the head on the belt might trigger something for Yahs Anirys, but I don't really know the idea behind the connection you had in mind.

Bah, autopsies are flawed. Who could possibly believe that poor Lazuli would kill their former shipmate, who betrayed them and tried to kill them, leaving them weakened behind enemy lines? Stupid, incompetent Miken, who even his own clique thought was useless and horrible.

Actually, forget all that. Still, though, I blame the invaders. They dragged him through the spikes.

Spikes have many sources after all, not just fungal plasmoids with bones in them. Balls of fluff that eat after midnight and get wet for example. Its probably enough to foil the detective agencies efforts until you next ship out.

I hate spelling out Shillelagh

I can't guarantee an army of leprechauns wont appear at some point to avenge their cultural heritage, but yes.

We are very close to finishing Spelljammer Academy. Depending on your guys' postrate this weekend, it could be over this weekend.

I am wondering if you all would like to continue to the main Spelljammer campaign as originally intended? Are you guys still into this? Is my DM style and general zaniness a match for what you are looking for in a pbp game? No hard feelings if you would like to bow out.

The official Xaryxis campaign in game length terms is (I estimate) slightly longer than this 4 part Academy campaign. It is organized the same way as well, into 4 mini-modules. The commitment would be roughly 6 months.

I would do a recruitment to get back to 6 or 7 PCs, with you three guaranteed a spot. I was thinking doing a bit longer for the recruitment, at least 2 weeks. So we would be taking a break for that long (although I could do a freeform RP thread during recruitment as is popular on this site...). You could make brand new characters if you wanted, or make alterations to these ones. It starts at 5th level.

I would like to continue, it is fun. I would probably want to try a new character, because the telepathic bug guys seem really cool, and I am realizing that I don't like the spore druid concept as much as I thought. Regular moon druids have felt more fun and flexible.

But a cool bug guy with like two swords, a shield, and a gun in his hands, that sounds fun.

Edit: bonus points if you could work in some light-sabers or something somewhere down the road.

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)

Awesome, thanks for sticking with it.

If you guys have any suggestions or critiques of my DMing I'm all ears. I'd like to get better. Or if there's just something you'd like to see more of next time.