Discussion

Cointhief

Is our mission to just get the contents of the coffin or the entire adamantine coffin? Assuming the later, then I don' think we can do that without killing Greelob. With that in mind, I plan to start pummeling him unless there are objections.

Pretty sure the mission was to get an adamantine meteorite. We just now know it is a container. So, the coffin itself is probably the mission, without the contents being important

Yes, Tarto was interested in the adamantine for financial reasons. The fact that it holds dead elven crystals wasn't mentioned, or perhaps not known. It was just a blip of light during one of the Fleet astronomer's nightly observations.

4 minutes ago, KingGoblin said:

Pretty sure the mission was to get an adamantine meteorite. We just now know it is a container. So, the coffin itself is probably the mission, without the contents being important

Well. I thought of it the other way. If we cannot the meteor into the bag of holding and extreme weight lifting required to carry the meteor back, I thought the contents became the mission.

I think the mod wants us to put Greelob down, now that it’s injured. But we’ll see.

and we can maybe get a half of the nut into the holding and carry the other half

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

I thought it was just too big to pick up and slip into the bag all sneaky like, we could make a lever or something working together to shove it in the bag given time. I think. Not that any of us really have much strength.

image.png.44a63ca333454ad559ba2bd8c5f5c056.png

Yes, my attention to detail was surely on overdrive that day, but the idea was from geometry. The diagonal line above represents the mouth of the Bag of Holding, which has a max of 2 ft. Note there is no way to turn the bag mouth and encapsulate the entire meteor (which is 2 ft tall) without lifting.

Also, Lazuli spores will attack the spectator at the beginning of his turn, should I roll damage for them in my action, I assume, although he won’t actually have to save and die until later?

Yes, please roll. It will help remind me to account for it when/if its turn rolls back around. As for the nasty rotten crystals its something like:

image.png.890870e6afe28fcb6f60c4e7dcb8d59d.png

With pus and goobers all over it. Celsior knows astral elven crystals are supposed to be bright yellow and translucent, clean and geometric...not all rotten, smelly, faded and spoiled like this.

Yeah, not the way I meant '5 times its weight in gold', but honestly the price is all over the place from references. I pulled a number out of a hat in other words.