Discussion

Cointhief

That's right. Not only were you 30 ft away, but you were 30 ft down a hole with a ladder in it. The ladder leads up to the Cargo Deck.

I know it is confusing because the ladder has 2 ups. From the Command Deck, you climb down then up to reach the Cargo Deck. From the Cargo Deck you also climb down then up to reach the Command Deck.

However, once you reach the Cargo Deck, you see and hear what Yahs saw and heard. If you get within 10 ft of one you can target as usual. Ranged attacks have disadvantage if you are targeting only using sound. Spells at those distances relying on 'you can see' verbiage not possible, unless you close within 10..then 'you can see'.

On the tyrant map, look at the Cargo Deck. You are climbing up out of the access shaft on the lower right that has the arrow pointed to it. The nearest circular chamber after the short tunnel is the galley. Since we are theatre of mind, I am abstracting the short tunnel and not counting its distance.

image.png.93530f880edd469391dc3ae0a63ab447.png

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)

Sorry guys I'm a bit mentally drained today. Go ahead and level up and we will get going with the final part of the Academy series soon. I'll get a wrap up summary post of your latest actions for part 3 together tomorrow.

Also feat reminder, Gunner is on the table which gives you firearms proficiency and allows certain weapons to make sense.

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)

That's what they want you to think. Popsicle's motive is always money.

But yeah, that's what it looks like to me, too. I kind of thought Miken was going to be a secret prince, or something, but it seems like he's just an insane, borderline suicidal saboteur.

Miken seems like the obvious choice. But we could go full Agatha Cristie and it could be all three (Miken, Zibbles, and Krik-lit). Miken for the money for his wedding. Krik-lit for the money to pay for a small fortress/house. Zibbles because he is the insane, suicidal saboteur due to his addition withdrawls and/or for the money to eventually get more Thrill Joy. Plus Yahs just doesn't like space clowns. :)

This could explain why all three of their stories match up, they had time to coordinate and rehearse. And explains the chittering laugh and downward slide whistle that Yahs heard right after the explosion which still seems suspicious. Could be that none of them could pull it off alone, but together they were able to come up with a viable plan and actually make it work.

The only other question would be why Ryeback? Because he was the only 'senior' fleet officer aboard? Or because he knew something more and was maybe a 'spy' for Fleet trying to root out the saboteurs? Does anyone know Giff or have access to comprehend languages? There might be something in that cookbook.

Of course, I could be completely overthinking this thanks to watching/reading way to many mysteries over the years. :)

Ah. Yes. Too true. Popsicle's just always a suspect (see missing Leatherworking Tools). :) Still, the fact he didn't add the dynamite to the destruction kind of exonerates the pilfering penguinoid in my book. I'm also not sure his natural greed would allow him to split the payoff four ways.

Then again, it could be he's just the mastermind behind it all and just using and manipulating the others with plans to eliminate each of them and us along the way. Maybe he really wants his own tyrant ship. He could fill the lower decks with water, stock it with krill (per his notebook), add a series frost ray wands and he's got the perfect spelljamming ice pool.

Still...it's probably just Miken.

Edited by DM-Tareth (see edit history)

Well as mentioned, if your character suspects someone, they can call them out or confront them with a charisma skill check.

Otherwise I am moving things along to Part 4 later today...I need a nap first.