Discussion

Cointhief

Posted (edited)

Bob, alright. I am here for the fluff so as long as I'm not stepping on your toes with my pseudo-creative floundering I'm happy. I promise I won't make the magic come out of it's nostrils, despite it being a natural pick.

@DM-Tareth Haha, thanks for that Hand of Healing post. I was wondering when we would see that or the Mask in play. ;) I was curious to see your take on the Mask...if you are doing one.

Jubal, DM-tip: Buy spells not pearls.

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)

Ok, so I have been reading about spore druids more, and I have a question about the temporary hp from symbiotic entity.

It says symbiotic entity grants temp hp, and some other stuff. Then it says the other stuff lasts 10 min, or until temp hp are gone, whichever is first. But doesn't say the temp hp only last 10 min. It seems like cheating, but could Lazuli activate Symbiotic Entity, then take a short rest, and keep the temp hp until they are spent, or until the next long rest? Or do the temp hp only last 10 min too, even though it doesn't explicitly say that?

The Internet seems to say they stay, but I don't know, and thought I should ask.

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)

Heh...glad you liked it. I'm not sure yet on the mask. I mean Yahs' form is almost constantly changing so a mask would just get lost in the ooze. Maybe she just looks like she's wearing a plague doctor mask at times. Although, now that I think about it, maybe a Farrah Fawcett mask (complete with 70's big hair wig) could give her a CHA bonus? Maybe that's as good as the gnome from Mirt's closet could do for her. :)

Posted (edited)

@KingGoblin Temp hp last until they are hit off, replaced with a greater source of temp hp or until long rest. Its the other extra damage that only lasts 10 minutes.

edit: Actually that replaced bit isn't quite right, I was going by memory. RAW, its player gets to choose which source/amount of temp hp to keep...so you could in theory keep a lower amount. I suppose this might come into play if someone buffed you some other temp hp while you were using Entity hp, and you wanted to keep the other Entity benefits active.

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)

After the 1) ladder is constructed, 2) Spelljammer helm installed and 3) galley and barracks arranged, so necessities are sorted, Celsior would want to lead a complete scouring of the ship in any place that they have not been. Looking for any other traps or sabotage.

Just saw your post about spelljamming speed. I was waiting for all those three things to be done, before I posted.

cheers