Discussion

Cointhief

I'm having a little trouble orienting the map, but I'd like for the mangonel to be able to pop out of one of the eyes or windows on the picture, at about the widest part of the ship so it can shoot forward or back. But it needs to be hidden for now since we are trying to sneak past and beholders wouldn't have a mangonel, they'd have the cool Death Ray gun.

Sounds good, totally doable. That would be located on hollow deck. If you imagine the cross sectional map upside down, you can see the hollow deck has a floor like an open bowl. Scaling up that gentle slope towards the side would get you to the 'windows' you are seeing on the first post render...instead of little beholders coming out, it would be your weapon. Fine saying you guys figure out a way to slide planks out the window and the mangonel itself for the forward/back firing cones you mention. This older pic sorta shows the beholder pods inside and the relation to those windows/gaps a bit better:

image.png.f16d8f6581cbfa27a79bc138230e3609.png

Hi. Sorry. I feel like once we hit the new ship we’ve been a hybrid of action and downtime. Your descriptions and images are great but we’re not moving in time chunks. Or at least that’s how it feels to me.

for example, the ladder took 9 hours. Presumably we short rested for meals. Do we need to start long resting in shifts? Do we know how long the spelljam will take? So we long rest while we’re jamming? Or is that too risky?

I’m just thinking logistics to secure the ship and make it ready. Is it ready? Presumably Ryebeck has opinion on that.

Anyway, those have been my resistances to post. FWIW.

I’ll get a post up within the hour.

cheers

Makes sense, thanks for the feedback. If you want to short rest, or do anything else, just say so. You can rest in shifts to spelljam the entire time. Recall after the first attunement, the helm attunement can be 'passed' to another without the requisite 1 hour...it is just an instantaneous touch.

The trip is about 14 days one way, so there will be plenty of downtime and we don't need to play through all of it of course. For these first preparations, you appear 'ready' although I will resolve Tareth's latest explorations before the jump.

Yeah, that's about it for me too. Like, I don't know what to post for Lazuli, because it seems like we are mostly just getting ready, and traveling, and I don't know what else to have her do.

@DM-Tareth The extended pod cannot attack, as I read it. There is space behind you back where the autognome head was, but it does dead end.

Shape Self

As a bonus action, you can extrude a pseudopod that is up to 6 inches wide and 10 feet long or reabsorb it into your body. As part of the same bonus action, you can use this pseudopod to manipulate an object, open or close a door or container, or pick up or set down a Tiny object. The pseudopod contains no sensory organs and can’t attack, activate magic items, or lift more than 10 pounds.