Discussion

Cointhief

I mean, Lazuli wanted to eat them from the beginning. At this point, only Yahs knows they are capable of plotting against us, and he isn't sharing.

So, if you weren't planning on killing them before, you probably don't have a reason to do it now.

If I remember right, Lou wanted to name one.

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)

I won't be upset if you all want to kill the kittens. It's a perfectly legit response to maniacal, brain manipulating, chaotic, one-eyed, death ray wielding kittens. However, consider some other possibilities. What is a constant plague for ships whether on the sea or Astral Sea, rats. This tyrant ship is a rats dream world with all its little tunnels and nooks. These kittens could be turned into an excellent rat extermination team. We could hire them back out to other Fleet ships. Sure there's the possibility they 'go rogue' and kill a crew here or there but that's what liability insurance is for. :)

Or with a little effort, and likely more than a few scars, they could make a great boarding squad. Imagine a half dozen death ray wielding, maniacal, brain manipulating, chaotic, one-eyed kittens. For best effect, send them into the sails (ie. really, really big curtains) and let the shredding begin. On the flip side, if we convince them anyone trying to board us is after their stash of Deluxe, All-Organic, Scramsax Selects purchased with a share of the adamantine haul, well, I pity the poor pirate. ;)

Then there's always the old standby of having Catrick Swayzee Jr. as a familiar or animal companion. Really, you couldn't go wrong with that choice.

Of course, these are all arguments that Yahs would make and she's clearly not in her right mind at the moment, what with her starting to shape cat ears and whiskers on her head along some sort of bizarre attempt at fur.

But really, do what you have to do. Opal seems like the right dragon for the job and has way more sense than Yahs at this point (or probably ever).

Celsior, yes you handed the stone back. But then Tarto handed it back again. :)

"I'm sure I'm right but go get a visual to confirm...something doesn't feel right." Tarto hands you back the sending stone. "Just in case. Now go stretch them legs."