Finding Direction

ArcaneDesperado

Junbaari.jpg.bb7355390ea9216ee4fd79b60250be27.jpg AC: 16  (TAC: 12/ Then FF: 14)| HP: 45/45  Force Ward: 5/5|Mind Burn: 0| Junbaari's Sheet

Junbaari quirked an eyebrow. "Well this Quagmire certainly would simplify things. I agree with looking for him first before we activate the defense mechanism. If it comes to that, we might need to get a little creative if we want to avoid the amnesia."

Actions/ Mechanics

spacer.pngMedraut Irving - Neutral Good Human Vexing Daredevil (Mesmerist)

AC: 18 (T: 14/FF:15) | HP: 34/45 | Mesmerist Tricks: 5/5 | Character Sheet | Spells Cast: None

As they were still planning on their way out, Medraut decided now was as good a time as any to bring up some more potential complications. "My sister knew the purpose of the pocketwatch before we discovered it. And the man who taught me the powers of a Mesmerist studies other planes." He was going to be blunt about it, as well. "I won't demand that we let them in on our...secret." Certainly not the whole truth. "But if they're looking into something similar, leaving them alone would be a risk by itself." More importantly, he wanted to believe Melanie and the master were trustworthy.

Edited by RdMarquis (see edit history)

Junbaari.jpg.bb7355390ea9216ee4fd79b60250be27.jpg AC: 16  (TAC: 12/ Then FF: 14)| HP: 45/45  Force Ward: 5/5|Mind Burn: 0| Junbaari's Sheet

Junbaari shifted uncomfortably at the idea of expanding the circle of people "in the know." But anyone who knew of the mysterious artifacts nature was a likely source of answers. "We'd have to be careful with how much we get them involved. As Davin mentioned it would likely put them under scrutiny from powerful groups. "

Actions/ Mechanics

DESCRIPTION | SHEET

Lunaimage.png.d2f76bd3b98bfe5667d6434e184c7f76.pngmaria Gravendirsh
Female, Neutral Good, Human [Masero], Shifter(Dragonblood Shifter) 5

AC/TAC/FFAC: 21/14/19 | HP: 58/60 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +4/+2/+2/+0/+3/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+6/+4 | Move: 20'
Init: +2 | CMD: 24 | FCMD: 20 |Shifter time 7/8 Minutes

SKILLS: Acrobatics +10, Climb +9, Know (Nature) +5, Perception +11, Stealth +6, Survival +8,

Luna shook her head to Davin. "I didn't mean we should tell the Tower or the church...though I would trust the church further to some degree...given what was spoken about. But still I just don't want to get us further involved in business that could bring more attention to ourselves."  She offered. She didn't want anything to do with criminals if she could help it, even though by the very aspect of knowing what they do, Luna and the others very well are quickly going to be such.

She started walking up towards the entrance looking forward to getting dried off from their previous trial. The mention of killing a lizard halted her steps as Davin and Jarah were speaking or...a previous mission. Then Medraut brought up family being her. "It would be a good idea to at least speak to this...Quagmire. Regardless of if they would be privy to this information or not. Just vanishing from family could cause them to worry." Luna, couldn't help but think of her father, taken from her because of the townsfolk. He hand hovered to her stomach tracing the scar left behind when she was nearly killed. Would things have been better if I was born normal...would I still be me if that were the case. "Family is important."

OoC

Hide this

spacer.pngMedraut Irving - Neutral Good Human Vexing Daredevil (Mesmerist)

AC: 18 (T: 14/FF:15) | HP: 34/45 | Mesmerist Tricks: 5/5 | Character Sheet | Spells Cast: None

“…Yeah.” If anyone thought he sounded annoyed, it wasn’t their imagination. Not that Medraut was angry at his teammates. More like his circumstances. “I figured you need to know where I’m coming from.” Otherwise, not much good would come of them working together.

“About this other elemental.” Medraut leaves it unsaid that they can come to an agreement on his connections when they weren’t all still on the move. “He sounds like a good bet, but how would we convince him to help? Is he also looking for a way home?”

"I suppose that we'll have to find him first and see how amenable he is. " Junbaari replied before heading to the last location Davin and Jarah had seen the creature. Hopefully Quagmire would prove more easily managed than the mist elementals had.

Actions/ Mechanics

gr8gd7a.jpg

Moving back through the original path and heading north would make their way into another large cavern chamber.  More mushrooms littered the sides and the ceiling, though most seemed to be back to the more normal sizes.  As they entered the sound of splashing? could be heard.  Like mud being slapped around in a large puddle. 

Up in the far corner of the cavern dripping water had found some looser dirt and soil. The result had been a massive boggy muddy pool.  In the center of the muck a small humanoid like creature looked up suddenly hearing footsteps. The frame was similar to that of a gremlin, but perhaps a bit thinner still. The wet mud oozed down its long pointed nose that clearly confirmed it wasn't a Gremlin though. Wings also seemed to be on its back. It spread them slightly, a heavy clump of mud falling off and splatting down into the puddle. 

The creature opened its maw, and rumbled something that may have been words. 

If Davin was there he would recognize the creature

Davin Creckslant - AC: 15  (TAC: 13/ FF: 12)| HP: 41/41

Davin came along, looking surprisingly dry after a few moments and a muttered word. As he came thru he looked back and forth before spotting the creature. He let out a low rumble in response

"Hello Quagmire. It's a pleasure to see you again and I am glad you are well. I have a request for you... And perhaps a way home should you desire it."

sUpf073.pngQuagmire flapped its wings and sent more mud splattering is several directions. The mephit then moved up and crawled up in Davin's direction.

The creature spoke back in Primordial with a bit of curiosity.

<You.. have Gateway? Send Quagmire back to the Swamp of Oblivion?...The Plane of Mud? Been so....long...since home... What does flesh man want? >

Davin Creckslant - AC: 15  (TAC: 13/ FF: 12)| HP: 41/41

Davin smiled speaking again. "It would require you to use your abilities to hide the entrance. And then some patience on your part until we came back to open the door for you. At present we don't have the ability to move earth with the skill you have. If that is agreeable." he said, trying to read the facial expressions of the mephit

sUpf073.pngQuagmire tilted its head a bit in thought as it considered Davin's proposal. The mephit gave a bit of a toothy grin.

<Already stuck here...many ages. Like to go..home. Make deal...if you... provide Quagmire collateral? >

sUpf073.pngQuagmire crawled forward some more, tilting head to look at the others with him.

<Magic man, surely have something important. Leave behind, so know you come back. Keep inside otherside of door. Need Quagmire to get it back. No skip out on deal>

DESCRIPTION | SHEET

Lunaimage.png.d2f76bd3b98bfe5667d6434e184c7f76.pngmaria Gravendirsh
Female, Neutral Good, Human [Masero], Shifter(Dragonblood Shifter) 5

AC/TAC/FFAC: 21/14/19 | HP: 58/60 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +4/+2/+2/+0/+3/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+6/+4 | Move: 20'
Init: +2 | CMD: 24 | FCMD: 20 |Shifter time 7/8 Minutes

SKILLS: Acrobatics +10, Climb +9, Know (Nature) +5, Perception +11, Stealth +6, Survival +8,

Luna considers the request but the only item she has is another's, and she refuses to leave her father's sword here. Looking over at Davin she shakes her head. "I don't have much I can leave...at least that I am comfortable leaving at the very least...why not show him what he's being entrusted with. The gate it might convince it quite clearly we will be back for obvious reasons."

OoC

Hide this