Planning: I.I - Karev & Sons

1 hour ago, Sorcery said:

That seems like something that could work! Did you have any specific approach in mind?

Okay, just spitballing here...

Kaz identifies the rival coterie in his Survey of the crowd. (Have to Push a roll to trigger the Gap In The Armor SA). He sees that the crowd is going to have to move through some choke point to move from the reception to the auction hall. Like this:

___  ___
    |  |
K-> I  I
    |  |

He bursts out of the door on the left, and hustles them into the door on the right?

Skirmish to do the pushing? Then he might have to do another exchange to deal with them, but they

are temporarily out of the auction. I can do the Survey roll first to see how that goes...

Hey everyone. I unexpectedly got a trip crammed into my schedule (heading out on Wednesday, going to last seven or eight days). Preparations for that have kept me busy and I'm not sure I'll be able to post much until I return. I'll try, but I don't want to promise anything that might not hold up. 

Thank you for being patient! 🙂

---

Taurelin's plan sounds good and fitting! Survey as a setup action to judge the right moment to intervene (and as a mini-engagement roll for Kaz) has my go-ahead. 🙂

8 hours ago, Sorcery said:

Hey everyone. I unexpectedly got a trip crammed into my schedule (heading out on Wednesday, going to last seven or eight days). Preparations for that have kept me busy and I'm not sure I'll be able to post much until I return. I'll try, but I don't want to promise anything that might not hold up. 

Have a safe trip!

Okay, I give up. 

How the heck to I roll dice?

The New Users Guide says click on the button on the right, but I see no such button.

Click "Roll Dice" on the far right of the post bit (it is the picture of the two dice with the "+" sign).

Are these not designated as "game forums"? It says "Note: dice can only be rolled in game forums."

2 hours ago, taurelin said:

Okay, I give up. 

How the heck to I roll dice?

Okay, found it. The die button is the same color as the background and I completely missed it.

Now, there is a problem with it. It only shows totals. So on my first roll, I said roll 3d6 and it returned a 7. Which could be a 5,1,1 (partial success) or a 3,3,1 (total failure). So, then I rerolled the dice one at a time so we could see exactly what they were. 

In the "How do I..." thread, they kinda kicked the 'different die roll formats' down the road and said 'wait for someone else to figure it out.' Frustrating.

While that's frustrating, I'd say it was worth it for that dice roll! I'll try to get you a post ASAP so you can reap the benefits of your great fortune! Unfortunately that probably won't be until Wednesday. 😞

• 1 month later...